Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Forma Famine, And A Final Solution To This Madness

Hortonman

I would prefer a chance of forma bp in the parkour room in orokin void/derelict. People always ask for a reward for those rooms and that could made them a bit more popular maybe.

That + changing some keys reward from T1/T2/derelict for forma bp

Vaults already have corrupted mods, that is kinda enough.

Ignoring the drama mongers, yes please this. DE was right to do something about this, but they needed to balance it out somehow so forma doesnt become this rare. I joined after the bountiful forma springs so it seems as if forma has always been pure diamond. I'd like to see more in the early rotations and none in C.

If you don't get at least 1 forma BP per day then you are not playing much at all, it's still a regular void drop.

Can we knock of the hyperboyle and just off the cuff nonsensical posts? These baseless statements that you think are true just because you type them out?

Please?

It is NOT helpful for anything other than increasing your post count.

I have been playing 3-4 hours a night during the week, every night. Averaging about 6 hours a day on weekends. Thank god my wife is awesome and supporting of my game addiction LOL

At least half that time is spent in the Void and in the last 2 weeks I have gotten exactly 3 Forma. That is vastly less than your baseless claim of 1 a day. And if 25-30 hours a week is considered "not playing much" than you need a reality check. That is a crazy amount of time gaming, I won't be maintaining that level myself, I have a life other than gaming. Other hobbies, my wife, friends. And if the game is going to require a level of dedication similar to a full time job to get a basic resource then it will not attract or keep new players or grow past the size of a small community of die hard players with nothing else to do.

Prime parts being hard to get makes sense, I have no problem getting 7 Paris Prime Strings (at least we can sell them), but to play as much as I do, and see the example of the guy that used 270 keys (tell him to play more Void why don't you), and to get more Prime parts than Forma by a factor of 100 is ridiculous.

Edited by Thumper3

Can we knock of the hyperboyle and just off the cuff nonsensical posts? These baseless statements that you think are true just because you type them out?

Please?

It is NOT helpful for anything other than increasing your post count.

I have been playing 3-4 hours a night during the week, every night. Averaging about 6 hours a day on weekends. Thank god my wife is awesome and supporting of my game addiction LOL

At least half that time is spent in the Void and in the last 2 weeks I have gotten exactly 3 Forma. That is vastly less than your baseless claim of 1 a day. And if 25-30 hours a week is considered "not playing much" than you need a reality check. That is a crazy amount of time gaming, I won't be maintaining that level myself, I have a life other than gaming. Other hobbies, my wife, friends. And if the game is going to require a level of dedication similar to a full time job to get a basic resource then it will not attract or keep new players or grow past the size of a small community of die hard players with nothing else to do.

Prime parts being hard to get makes sense, I have no problem getting 7 Paris Prime Strings (at least we can sell them), but to play as much as I do, and see the example of the guy that used 270 keys (tell him to play more Void why don't you), and to get more Prime parts than Forma by a factor of 100 is ridiculous.

Run T3 Sabotage and open all the caches. T2 & T3 Sabotage keys drop like candies from any Excavation on any planet, it seems--I've been running nothing but T3 Sabotage since last week and I'm still at 60-something keys, it's that common. It also has a low chance of giving you a pre-made Forma, too! 

As you all know, the droprate of forma blueprints has recently been heavily nerfed.

While this is cause for celebration for many, who have been calling for this change for ages, it is creating a world of pain and suffering for many others, such as myself, who require a constant supply of forma.

I see this whole snafu as proof that, no matter what, adjusting the drop rates of forma in the void will always leave a large number of incensed players.

I see two major voices in this debate.

First off are the players who make frequent use of forma. As forma is a consumable, these players need a constant supply of blueprints, ideally one per day, to maintain constant production. Since forma is consumable, as long as they wish to continue using it, these players' grind will never end.

As such, even a slight decrease in forma drop rates will severely affect these players, requiring them to spend more time each day hunting forma instead of whatever else they'd rather be doing.

The second camp is players who go to the void purely hunting prime parts, and who have minimal need for forma.

Whether they're searching for something specific (rest their souls), or just random parts to grind into ducats, every forma blueprint these players receive will be viewed as useless junk taking up a reward slot that could have otherwise been a prime part, thus becoming a waste of their keys and time.

These groups are, of course, extremes. Many players will fall somewhere in-between or even outside of these, but they still serve as good examples of general opinions.

Due to their fundamentally different objectives, any change in forma drop rates will piss off one of these groups considerably. DE simply cannot win.

I believe this problem stems from the fact that forma blueprints and prime components are fundamentally different items, and simply do not belong in the same drop table as each other.

My proposal is simple: remove forma blueprints from the void tables entirely, and instead make them drop from Corrupted eximus units in place of Oberon components.

Despite the fact that Oberon parts are useless to an enormous number of players, these drops don't seem to bother anyone.

Why?

Because they don't interfere with any other item drops. A player already possessing Oberon can just sell the excess and be a few credits richer without any worries about what might have dropped instead.

Putting forma blueprints into this drop slot would mean that Party A can always have a consistent and reliable supply of forma (just run a survival or defense to 40 and be rolling in the stuff), and Party B never has to lose a potential prime part to a forma blueprint ever again.

Everyone wins. No one loses.

TL;DR Remove forma BPs from void tables entirely. Make them drop from Corrupted exima in place of Oberon parts

Since there seems to be some confusion, "Corrupted eximus units" refers to eximus units from the Corrupted faction, i.e. the one that spawns in the void. All other factions' eximus units would still drop Oberon parts as normal.

please let this happen. i am having such difficulting bringing out my new weapons full potential due to this nerf.

I would rather eximus drop somethung im not already getting at an ideal 1 per day rate such as rare mods and r5 infact kust r5 is fine dear god i need more r5 drops holy hell where are the r5 drops if your not interested in flacking that oversized moon we call triton. Forma drop as often as they are needed r5 drops are majorely falling behind

I would rather eximus drop somethung im not already getting at an ideal 1 per day rate such as rare mods and r5 infact kust r5 is fine dear god i need more r5 drops holy hell where are the r5 drops if your not interested in flacking that oversized moon we call triton. Forma drop as often as they are needed r5 drops are majorely falling behind

This game isn't about you, it's about us. If you have plenty Forma BP's than good for you, having more won't hurt you. It's not that they take slots.

But you're now an &#! to those that have no luck with Forma. "You're all set with your BP's so buck the rest" right? Self centered much?

Your luck isn't my luck. Some people still can't assemble one Brakk or Detron, even after all that time since it is possible, but I sold 4 or 5 full sets of them already. Should I mock them as well?

No, just play missions that drop them and you'll have more forma BPs than neurodes to craft them. (and I'v just got another one after doing 3  T4Caps http://i.imgur.com/fbaNBrS.png)

No, just play missions that drop them and you'll have more forma BPs than neurodes to craft them. (and I'v just got another one after doing 3  T4Caps http://i.imgur.com/fbaNBrS.png)

You know, before the nerf, there were situations where for 20 waves on T4D I got 4 forma BP's. Since then, I didn't get even one single forma, neither on defense missions, nor on intercept.

Seven forma bps in a row... Seven! you can tell im on console. Forma needs to be non-void drop tables, i agree on that OP but Orokin Eximus? Theres too many people who never leave void all week as it is without eximus hunting parties added to the mix. Id rather you got them from syndicate eximus instead - semi rare, they show up even if your same syndicate chasing ally instead, not void exclusive and would actually be less a mere annoyance then (theyre not that challenging - toxic aura guardians aside)

Seven forma bps in a row... Seven! you can tell im on console. Forma needs to be non-void drop tables, i agree on that OP but Orokin Eximus? Theres too many people who never leave void all week as it is without eximus hunting parties added to the mix. Id rather you got them from syndicate eximus instead - semi rare, they show up even if your same syndicate chasing ally instead, not void exclusive and would actually be less a mere annoyance then (theyre not that challenging - toxic aura guardians aside)

Not a good idea, at least for minmaxers. I am allied with 4 syndicates. Last whole week I had 2 attacks only.

I don't think there is a famine.

Harder to get but not impossible.

They were once so rare in an invasion alert you went for the forma bp over a catalyst/reactor.

They still drop, look at the wiki and pays here for locations.

I still had a few from the weekend to add in to the over 300 i have now. ....

Shame we can't trade them!

DDEE remove forma from void then,

1. DDEE remove it and add 5000 credit => yeah we can get a lot of money ( both win )

2. DDEE add fusion core => yeah, we get a lot of core ( both win )

3. DDEE add Mod => ..... hey DDEE, I don't want Mod, credit and core, just give me prime part, ty!

4. DDEE add prime part => DDEE: let me think about it !!! ( ducat, hmmm..... but..... )

after that , DDEE decide to add 1, 2 and 3 => to DDEE, win-win, but to Tenno..... 0.0?

anyway, your idea is good!

just my humble opinions

sry for my bad English!

Edited by ANDYcan