Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Deal With Serration

(XBOX)LexaHex

you havent rly played the games i see 

Oh yeah, I've been a diehard gamer since the late 70s but somehow haven't played 2 of the best rpgs ever made....

How many armour/weapons sets did Skyrim have at release. I await your response.

Edited by Endgame77

CoD and Battlefield to mention some

Really. I was unaware you could modify weapons in battlefield games to create unique weapons. I guess I missed that having played every BF game. Oh wait, you mean adding a 2x scope or a 4s scope. Yeah, that's exactly the same thing as the weapon progression system in this game.

Edited by Endgame77

Unless those mods affect DPS or damage outright, they'll go unused because they either can't fit (You only have 6 - 7 slots available on every weapon because Serration and Split Chamber, and the like), or they just don't do enough. When was the last time you used a Hush on a rifle? Do you even remember what Hush is?

As for it being a slap in the face to people who've leveled it up? It's a slap in the face the internet exists at all to the phone companies. It's a slap in the face of cable providers that things like Twitch and internet TV exist. It's a slap in the face to factory workers that machinery exist where they used to build firearms by hand.

I use Hush all the time on my Soma Prime, it's my goto stealth rifle. And once you level it up and put some time into it, yeah it'll be a slap in the face to you Mr AT&T. . Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

The infinite scalling is the problem

Just so you know that's one of the things I really like about this game.  Warframe is the only game I know of that will let you keep going, no limits, no holds barred.  Every other game I've played has a level cap for enemies.  Warframe does not, and you will never be able to say: "I have faced the toughest enemy I can ever face in this game", because you haven't and I get a real kick out of that.  Oh, and guess what?  You don't even have to face those in order to get everything in the game, but they're there, waiting for when you're ready.

I would like Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Calibur, etc. to be turned in to the "stance" mods for guns.  You put the mod in its own unique slot and it changes how the gun fires and adds mod points.

For example, on a rifle, you could use Serration for normal damage, Heavy Calibur for even higher damage but lower accuracy, and Split Chamber for split shots for status builds.

The damage/multishot they provide and the total damage of weapons would have to be tweaked, but this way we can choose what sort of flavor we want our guns to have.  You could even introduce dual stat nightmare mods that blend damage and multishot, rate of fire and multishot, and so on.

I love this idea! The numbers could be Serration +165% damage, Multi-shot +150% damage and +100% status chance, Heavy caliber +200% damage and - 70% accuracy(they need to normalize this stat because I still don't even know what it does at like 900 hours into this game, like srs why does the torid get rekt but penta stay pretty good? even tho they are both launchers...)

I think Serration should be an innate mechanic rather than a Mod

Weapons At rank 30 deal +165% more damage, and the damage ranks up every 3 ranks.

Of course, for the sake of not having overpowered new players, MK-1 weapons don't have this mechanic, or any starter weapon for that matter. Or put a MR restriction on it

Thoughts?

Ok, sure, but then give back the innate amount of credits and cores and mod fusions I used to Max mine out. And make it a whole lot harder than lvl 30 = Max serration; that is laughable. And make sure all my maxxed weapons get the bonus. It's a nice sentiment, but I can level a weapon in hours; Max serration took MONTHS.

Maybe a secondary experience pool for each weapon type like mastery rank to gain through 20, and THAT = 165%

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Just so you know that's one of the things I really like about this game.  Warframe is the only game I know of that will let you keep going, no limits, no holds barred.  Every other game I've played has a level cap for enemies.  Warframe does not, and you will never be able to say: "I have faced the toughest enemy I can ever face in this game", because you haven't and I get a real kick out of that.  Oh, and guess what?  You don't even have to face those in order to get everything in the game, but they're there, waiting for when you're ready.

Perhaps it is the grind then? Since we have to wait and sit for a really long as time in the void to get the good stuff. Fix is coming with star chart 3.0 I believe.

Ah yes, so they nerfing miltishot because it makes "no sense" that id does not use more ammo but you want to make weapon shoot harder the longer you shoot them, ah yes hat's logical in every form and way.

This

Guns don't shoot harder the more you fire them.

This just makes the damage progression like all basic mmo type games.

I'm not in favor of that.

Serration differentiates the players who have put time into the game, from the ones who have not. If this game didn't have things like serration and split chamber,and weapons did scale based on level... you may as well sell the rights to bungee and add warframe to the next destiny dlc.

Edited by (PS4)MrJockStrap

Really. I was unaware you could modify weapons in battlefield games to create unique weapons. I guess I missed that having played every BF game. Oh wait, you mean adding a 2x scope or a 4s scope. Yeah, that's exactly the same thing as the weapon progression system in this game.

Not nessecery unique in a way like warframe but there's still options, in CoD you can change perks that affects your weapon aswell as damage ( if i remember correctly)

Still, serration and split chamber is must have mods, i would rather have atleast serration built in in all weapons so we can put on more utility mods.

warframe has build diversity already. its optional to mod your weapon anyway you want. im pretty sure many members in the community have voiced this. i like having a choice in my mod selection. i like my options, when you take away options it makes you feel like you have less of a choice. i like serration and i also like utility mods. maybe we could add more enemies like the prosecutors who only take elemental damage. or start diversifying the enemy weakness and tailoring it to giving you a bonus damage if you use different mods. we already get stealth kills if you use hush. maybe we can come up with different bonus damage rewards using utility mods. for example give a crit multiplier if you use three or four utility mods. the mods are meant to make you more efficient anyway. last thing off topic. make a node on the star chart where you have to fight without serration, using only utility mods and give rewards for doing so. make it a survival where all you have to do is kill wave after wave and not have to worry about life support. i would play that because then your skills will really be tested.

Edited by (XB1)thinkfast78

Solution :

Remove serration:

Weapons gain damage over levels.

Weapons now level up 3 times as slow, so you actually have to work for that stat increase.

Each time you forma a weapon, its damage at level 30 increase by , i dunno, 5%.

Turn all serrations into legendary cores.