Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If De Wants Kubrows To Be Used More...

CataReverb

Add DNA stabilizing units to drop tables on the starchart (maybe capture?).  It doesn't have to be a high drop chance, but it has to be on there at least at Mars, but preferably also on the higher end parts of Earth.  Low level players will see the Kubrow DNA Stabilizers added to their inventory and consider getting a kubrow: "hey I already have some of the kubrow food I need to keep it alive."

As it stands, a low level player would see a Kubrow DNA pack in the market and think to themself "Geez, why don't I just get a sentinel at that price," and guess what sentinel they pick because of it's utility?  

Sure, the helios can help with scanning, but low level players don't do much scanning because it consumes time and credits and has no tangible reward, so higher level players might consider it a time saver.  Simaris has a mod to tune it up a bit once you've scanned everything, but that's a long ways off, and you'll need the additional resources that the Carrier offers.

To high level players, they might get one every so rarely from a syndicate mission, but it'll probably be more practical to rely on those in the market.

With the incubator segment upgrade, it takes 8 days for your kubrow to go from 100% to 60% (DNA stabilizers give 40%), a pack of stabilizers cost 100K, it gives 5. Since if you want to get full benefit from one of them, you'll use 1/week, so they'll last you for a month and a week. Without the upgrade they'll last you for 2 weeks, really isn't that hard to get 100K for 2 weeks, which would require to do 7143 credits a day; or just 2500 credits a day with the upgrade. This can be done by new players with a few missions, and for end-game players with one mission really.

Also another reason we have DNA stabilizers is because well our kubrow's DNA degrades over time (realism of cloning in a game that has no logic).

With the prime kubrows being shown by mistake, hopefully those won't require DNA stabilizers.

And the one of the major reasons I've seen people as to why they'll rather use sentinels is because kubrows' AI/Path finding is horrible.

EDIT: forgot that the cost for a pack is 75K now, so 5358 credits/day without the upgrade or just 1875 credits/day with the upgrade.

Edited by HeroPwn

Those 75k credits per 24 days is a WAY too low amount imo.

+

With the incubator segment upgrade, it takes 8 days for your kubrow to go from 100% to 60% (DNA stabilizers give 40%), a pack of stabilizers cost 100K, it gives 5. Since if you want to get full benefit from one of them, you'll use 1/week, so they'll last you for a month and a week. Without the upgrade they'll last you for 2 weeks, really isn't that hard to get 100K for 2 weeks, which would require to do 7143 credits a day; or just 2500 credits a day with the upgrade. This can be done by new players with a few missions, and for end-game players with one mission really.

Also another reason we have DNA stabilizers is because well our kubrow's DNA degrades over time (realism of cloning in a game that has no logic).

With the prime kubrows being shown by mistake, hopefully those won't require DNA stabilizers.

And the one of the major reasons I've seen people as to why they'll rather use sentinels is because kubrows' AI/Path finding is horrible.

EDIT: forgot that the cost for a pack is 75K now, so 5358 credits/day without the upgrade or just 1875 credits/day with the upgrade.

The per day is VERY cheap, I'll agree with you, but the upfront is intimidating to new players that probably don't have the upgrade segment.  I'm in the camp of people to whom this wouldn't affect as much.  The reason for this is actually more a solution to DE's thoughts on "Why is everyone still using Carrier," which is because it's a one-time investment, even if it's more expensive up front.

i think those who said that the kubrow are cheap of maintenance forget that new player:

1 Don't have access to semenie

2 Need credit to lvl mods

3 Need credit for gun BP

4 Need credit for warframe part and BP

5 Don't kow the game well enought to cash in fast

6 Are probably too weak to take on the star chard

I think for new players this is a lot. We have milions, they don't.

+

i think those who said that the kubrow are cheap of maintenance forget that new player:

1 Don't have access to semenie

2 Need credit to lvl mods

3 Need credit for gun BP

4 Need credit for warframe part and BP

5 Don't kow the game well enought to cash in fast

6 Are probably too weak to take on the star chard

Exactly my points...  There's also kinda a problem with mods in level and availability, especially when it comes to beginning late game.  "I could switch over to kubrow, but that's so many new mods I'll need to level, if I even have the right mods to make a kubrow good,"  with a mind towards bite/maul/defenses.  The players who finally get enough credits will still be too focused on building up their mods, with an acceptance that their carrier's already got vitality and regen and that's really all it needs... if they get started on kubrows earlier, the mods won't be as big of an obstacle to overcome.

So they are a heavy investment? That's kinda expected considering what they're capable of.

Honestly I think DE's error is having the Howl of the Kubrow quest spawn so early. It's why so many get the idea it's too expensive fixed in their heads - even when it no longer applies. Just kick the quest out to beyond Saturn/Phobos and everyone's tune will change.

Starting on Kubrows earlier will make things worse - not better.

Some of us have jobs and lives, we can't play every day.

Some of us don't want to play every day. 1875/day is MUCH too expensive for me.

Some of us have jobs and lives, we can't play every day.

Some of us don't want to play every day. 1875/day is MUCH too expensive for me.

No offense, but if that's your outlook then you won't care about having a kubrow. This game thrives on people ranking weapons and collecting everything it has to offer. If it's played casually, then you aren't trying to do all that, you are most likely running around with a braton enjoying the satisfying sound of grineer armor splitting open, which is also fine.

I happen to agree, I think the quest should be introduced a little later in the game. I also think the DNA degradation should be be eliminated, it really serves no practical purpose.

No offense, but if that's your outlook then you won't care about having a kubrow. This game thrives on people ranking weapons and collecting everything it has to offer. If it's played casually, then you aren't trying to do all that, you are most likely running around with a braton enjoying the satisfying sound of grineer armor splitting open, which is also fine.

I happen to agree, I think the quest should be introduced a little later in the game. I also think the DNA degradation should be be eliminated, it really serves no practical purpose.

I'm mastery rank 19, would be 20 if I didn't hate archwing.

I would like to have a kubrow, but the steep price and inability to guarantee not getting a Chesa every friggin time is what's keeping me away.

I don't even think Kubrows are weak or have bad AI, though they lack a bit of utility.

The amount for the stabilizers is irrelevant the point about those is that they are just an annoyance mechanic and serve no real purpose. Along with the recovery time aspect of stasis. Get rid of those 2 things and fix their pathing and more people would use them.

The problem is the principle that you have those pets and those pets are domestically failures because you need to give them DNA stabilizers to keep them alive. Naturally the poor will fall this is a natural reason and those pets if cannot live their life normally and makes you care for them much more than you want then it's a second job and they should have been rot.

I am not against the pricing because that's not horrible at all but as before stated the prinicple that annoys me.

I want to play for fun a game and not for grind or work for what I want to reach only that level which makes challenges. After these I don't want spend my time to do something which is just a job a must have. 

Same with the crafting times and the host migritation issues when you spend a lot of time for something you wanted to reach then something happening and you lose all you worked for and lose the time which more precisious. That's a bad solution if they say no problem do it again because this is just annoys more. Nobody can give back your time and if they took from you then you have reasons to be upset.

PS: the stabilizers should go and only make food types which gives boosts for your pet. Enough to care for the loyality and let the peoples more socialize their pets instead of drug them. 

Edited by Sziklamester

It has to be removed, because it's a chore. Not fun at all. Even the 'press X once a day to get a damage boost' is really stupid. 

I've been banging on this issue: either go fully Littlest pet Shop (download and playtest POCKET FROGS, that's an acceptable depth/gameplay to compare to Kubrows incubator) or just strip it all and make it a furry sentinel. 

It's more of a chore/annoyance that actual hinderance, but it's enough annoyance to put a lot of people off the kubrow.

Kubrow serve same purpose as Sentinel, are less usefull as sentinel, and cost a thing. That's what wrong with DNA stabilizer. Sentinel all the way.

These 2 quotes. ~700hours of play across two accounts, and not once did I touch anything to do with kubrows...

If they made it an even playing field I probably would use a kubrow, or upcoming kavats.

Then you have the problem of Carrier (P) or any other sentinel, which is a topic in and of itself entirely for another place and time...

If they really want kubrows to be used more, they'd fix their laundry list of problems.

Across the board they:

Can't find their way around. To/from anything. (i.e. Pathing AI is terrible to nonexistent)

Take forever to do... anything. They spend most of their time in animation cycles, wasting their time (and mine).

Don't have comparable beneficial abilities. Carrier picks up ANYTHING within range/view, Wyrm attacks enemies 10x faster than a kubrow roaming around (spending it's time in animation cycles). And so on...

Their toughness is useless. We can't tell them where to go, what to attack, so they are reliant on currently HORRIBLE AI. Sentinels survive better, because when we run/hide, they do the same. I can't count how many times I've pulled back from a crowded room, only to have to go right back in because my kubrow stayed there and died.

Kubrows are (IMO) a perfect example of game content that needs to be fixed/reworked BEFORE new/additional stuff is released. They "could" be so great and worth the upkeep, but as it stands there are usually better options. (with exceptions, of course. I am aware some kubrow builds are great. I just wish they weren't so few and far between.)