Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sybaris Needs To Be Duplex-Auto.

RadioLarity

TBH, hoped for more constructive feedback. No offence peeps, but saying no doesn't mean anything really.

Thank you.

It says everything. The concept isn't complex enough to warrant more then a yay or nay.

Personally I despise duplex auto (dispite the tigris being my favorite shotty), so no.

I hate this idea and I'm angry you would even suggest such a thing.

Don't you ever do that again.

*rolls up news paper* BAD TENNO!! NO! YOU STOP THAT!

Edited by StinkyPygmy

TBH, hoped for more constructive feedback. No offence peeps, but saying no doesn't mean anything really.

Thank you.

From my experiences with Tigris, I consider duplex-auto to be a major pain in the arse when it comes to use.

Burstfire has its quirks and whatnot, but it's not as bad as duplex-auto when it comes to gameplay and feel.

I wouldn't mind checking Sybaris in duplex-auto, but, as I said before, from all the experience I had with this trigger type, I just dislike it.

Many people were really happy when Tigris got altfire allowing it to shoot just once, DE in all of their grace let that stay removed it, because it wasn't a part of the original design.

Edited by Mofixil

Duplex Auto wouldn't change functionality that it has currently in any way(only adding new functionality), so there's no harm in doing so.

could definitely be a 'why not'.

however.

since Burst Weapons will be able to modify the Bursting RPM in the future with Speed Mods... that is to be considered, as Sybaris will be inlcuded in that since it's currently a Burst Weapon.

Edit:

hopefully others can pull their heads out of their arses and notice that Sybaris is a completely different situation, a Weapon that already fires 2 shots per 'shot' anyways.

Tigris has a very strange interaction with that Trigger Type, but nobody thinks about that, they assume everything is the same everywhere.

it is not. if Tigris had a Magazine of 20, it would effectively be a Sybaris that fired Buckshot.

Edited by taiiat

Requesting more info about why people hate or love duplex trigger.

It's unnecessarily complicated in use (yes, holding the trigger for extended periods of time makes the gun effectively harder to use), but it gives more control over when shots are fired.

Warframe isn't really a game where every bullet counts, so it kinda doesn't work here.

Edited by Mofixil

Requesting more info about why people hate or love duplex trigger.

Because its awkward and uncomfortable to use (some people with hand injuries struggle to use it), unnecessary and straight up adds nothing positive to weapons (at least not in the context of WF). Releasing new weapons with it is one thing, but adding it to old ones is just a nightmare.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I absolutely love sniper weapons, the Tigris, the Sybaris, and duplex-auto.

I don't think this would be a good change. I would love it to bits, but I can't support this change for the same reason I cannot support changing the Tigris to semi-auto. The Sybaris is a slick burst-fire rifle. If you change the trigger to duplex-auto it becomes something else. Allowing placement of that second shot is a straight upgrade that the gun honestly doesn't need. It also pushes it too close to the Latron Wraith functionality-wise, as you would now effectively have a 10 round capacity gun.

Also, thematically, duplex-auto sort of makes sense on the Tigris because that's a dual-barreled shotgun. It doesn't make sense on a lever-action rifle.

Because its awkward and uncomfortable to use (some people with hand injuries struggle to use it), unnecessary and straight up adds nothing positive to weapons (at least not in the context of WF). Releasing new weapons with it is one thing, but adding it to old ones is just a nightmare.

I wouldn't use hand injuries as a case against it. Same people can't be able to use bows for the same reason.

The second point is opinion. I personally find the trigger type very intuitive, as it reduces the amount of clicking I need to do. It's definitely worse for two enemies spaces out, but for two enemies in close proximity I much prefer click, flick, release versus click, flick, click. I'm not saying it's a great trigger, but there are advantages to it and people who like it. For example, a bunch of people bind standard fire to the mousewheel for high firerate semi-auto guns. With duplex auto you can achieve the similar speeds with LMB as it effectively doubles your mouse clicks.

Agreed on the third point. Adding duplex-auto to existing weapons, especially in place of burst semi-auto, would cause so much backlash I don't even want to imagine it. It's also an unnecessary change, as the Sybaris is one of the shining examples of a well-balanced, well-received weapon in Warframe.

I wouldn't use hand injuries as a case against it. Same people can't be able to use bows for the same reason.

The second point is opinion. I personally find the trigger type very intuitive, as it reduces the amount of clicking I need to do. It's definitely worse for two enemies spaces out, but for two enemies in close proximity I much prefer click, flick, release versus click, flick, click. I'm not saying it's a great trigger, but there are advantages to it and people who like it. For example, a bunch of people bind standard fire to the mousewheel for high firerate semi-auto guns. With duplex auto you can achieve the similar speeds with LMB as it effectively doubles your mouse clicks.

Agreed on the third point. Adding duplex-auto to existing weapons, especially in place of burst semi-auto, would cause so much backlash I don't even want to imagine it. It's also an unnecessary change, as the Sybaris is one of the shining examples of a well-balanced, well-received weapon in Warframe.

I only use injuries as an example because DE has always been very conscious of making WF accessible to players with any kind of difficulties. Limiting the amount weapons that are awkward for many people is just something that makes sense.

See, the thing is that while Duplex has its positives, I find that in the context of WF it doesn't add anything worthwhile or that you can't do better with more standard trigger types. Enemies are frequently spaced and in most scenarios I've never found duplex worth the trouble. 

I'm not against adding new duplex weapons, but I'm 100% against adding it to weapons that don't need it like the sybaris, as that adds literally nothing to the weapon.

Honestly I'd be happy if DE just added the new weapons with toggleable trigger types (bind to alt fire or make it an option?) and added it to old weapons they fee work with duplex triggers.

Thats a small intuitive and relatively simple change addition that makes more people happy.

You can't make everything accessible to everyone. I've played with people whose hands cramp up after playing Desecrate Nekros for 10 rounds of defense. Of course you want to maximize enjoyment and the player base that can enjoy content, but if you try to please everyone you'll never accomplish anything. Limiting the amount of "awkward weapons" doesn't mean zeroing it.

I actually made a case for duplex-auto for high fire rate weapons being better at utilizing the fire rate than semi-auto, so in the context of WF it definitely can add something worthwhile. Even then, I think it's a moot point because it's an interesting gameplay mechanic regardless of how efficient it is. Take weapons like the Simulor and Castanas, for example. Not everything needs to be optimal, comfortable, or comparable in dps/usability to everything else. Sometimes it's okay to release something that's not exactly viable but totally fun. The first secondaries I potato'd were the Akjagara despite the fact that they're hardly better than a 0 potato 0 forma Vasto Prime (crying).

I agreed with you on Sybaris not needing duplex-auto so no comment there.

People get forget the fact that video games are a conglomeration of many forms of media. They can be an interactive art form, a business, a lifestyle, among many other things. I understand the ideal of trying to satisfy as many people as possible. Heck, I live by that ideal. The thing is that real life doesn't work that way. Art even moreso does not work that way. If an artist decides to build a 500 foot staircase with a shining statue at the top and an amputee can't experience it that's not wrong, that's life. If DE designs a unique trigger mechanic that gives a small portion of its playerbase cramps, they have to decide whether satisfying this portion of the playerbase outweighs keeping the mechanic. If they keep the mechanic, you can call it a bad business move but you can't really call it wrong. This is why I dislike when people throw around "this make more people happy so it must automatically be better". That only works in a simplified, idealistic world, not the world we actually live in. In this world, anything you do is going to make 100 people happy and piss another 100 people off, no matter how hard you try. Furthermore, we tend to view things from a very limited viewpoint (our own). If DE gave every player 100 Orokin Catalysts and Reactors every player would be freaking estatic, but that would actually be the most idiotic move DE has ever done. In reality, DE's goal is not to make the playerbase as happy as possible because if they did that they'd go bankrupt.

For those that claim it adds nothing while also making it more complicated, I can only disagree with all of my might. It is quite the opposite.

Adding duplex auto to the Sybaris ONLY makes it better. Those who prefer it as a burst weapon can still use it as such with no change. Those who wish to use the other bullet to kill another enemy could now do so.

Ammo is not the issue here; time spent reloading to time spent firing is. The Sybaris makes great use of its rounds, but the simple fact of the matter is that you get five shots and then a full 2 second reload. This change could potentially double that with no change necessary beyond the trigger type.

Lots of this. Tigris is my favorite shotgun, but fk Duplex triggers. I am literally, not figuratively, going to need a new mouse soon because of the Duplex trigger. After a few months of using the Tigris, my mouse is damaged and often double clicks when I single click. It's damage because of the constant pressure of Click, SQUEEZE, HOLD, UNCLICK.

Honestly needs to be removed from Tigris but I'll still use it. At least until the cost of buying new mouses rack up. Might need to buy an industrial strength mouse or something.

So no, leave Sybaris alone, don't need another favorite gun that actively works to break my mouse.

It doesn't strictly speaking -need- that trigger type, but it would be a buff and buffs are always welcome. Being able to have a per-burst-rof of theoretically infinity would be a handy feature, and considering the above point where burst weapons will be able to modify the burst, this would essentially save some mod slots for damage mods or what have you considering your rof will bs whatever you currently need it at.

Lol I dunno why the hate, it will affect only ppl that want to hold the trigger, for the rest it will be the same as now.

My most used weapon on my 1.5k hours is Sybaris and I would love this change, the second bullet is overkill on grunts, just let me correct the aim for that Gunner that was behind that Trooper...

Why other Sybaris users are against this change??? I only see benefits from it.

Lol I dunno why the hate, it will affect only ppl that want to hold the trigger, for the rest it will be the same as now.

My most used weapon on my 1.5k hours is Sybaris and I would love this change, the second bullet is overkill on grunts, just let me correct the aim for that Gunner that was behind that Trooper...

Why other Sybaris users are against this change??? I only see benefits from it.

Because it will cause a delay in firing making the gun a lot worse yes even if it is only a split second. You can already notice this with the Tigris. 

Also for any higher ranked game play the double shot is mandatory especially if you play solo without the luxury of 4xCP.

People are against it because they have a clue how the game works.