Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sybaris Needs To Be Duplex-Auto.

RadioLarity

Because it will cause a delay in firing making the gun a lot worse yes even if it is only a split second. You can already notice this with the Tigris.

Also for any higher ranked game play the double shot is mandatory especially if you play solo without the luxury of 4xCP.

People are against it because they have a clue how the game works.

Tigris has a delay because of its relatively low rate of fire, not the duplex trigger. The Sybaris would fire just as fast as it does now.

Also, saying it doesn't need it because of high level play is silly. If the double shot is needed, then it would be there. If not, then it would be nice not to waste half a magazine on corpses.

Edited by (PS4)zanebrtn

The thing is that changing the trigger type to Duplex-auto, wouldn't change anything in this gun EXCEPT an option to hold your trigger to land a second shot on another enemy.
If you simply tap your trigger NOTHING changes. It still shoots two bullets, it still has the same delay between bursts.
This is only a change for the good. You can always use your Sybaris as you were using it so far.

If your mouse is breaking it's only your fault.
If you mind your mouse it will serve you for a lot of time.
My mouses usually stand like for at least 5 or more years and nothing is changing that.

There is nothing weird about Duplex-auto.
Press trigger- first shot, release- another shot.

No additional delays, no nothing, it's as simple as that.

In Tigris, the delay is it's fire rate.
If you potentially had a 0 fire rate gun, it would still shoot as fast as you click and release your trigger. Fire rate is the delay between your bursts. So if in such gun you just wouldn't be able to get the 3rd shot. You would just have to manually reload.

Don't know where are all your problems.

For full auto weapons YOU HAVE to hold your trigger to shoot as well.
In semi-auto you have to keep clicking.
In burst weapons you have to keep clicking as well.
Duplex-auto is just a morph between burst and semi that gives you an option to hold your second shot until you release your trigger.
If you just click the trigger you still get two of your shots, your normal delay etc.
Nothing changes to your old style. You're given an option to land your second shot on someone else except on a corpse of a grunt you already killed with your first shot.

If someone has a problem with duplex, they can still use the gun old style.

It seems that people who are against duplex are here to bash. You're saying "Tigris is my favourite shotgun, but I hate duplex."
You're just afraid of changes and don't want anything done to your Sybaris.
I don't understand your point.
You're making up issues with duplex bcs you don't know how it works.

It doesn't need anything besides maybe a bigger clip or reload speed buff.

And Myself and many others are not a fan at all of the duplex trigger system.There's awkward delays and it doesn't feel fluid. If this were to be added it'd need to be adjusted so everyone can enjoy it.

Simply make the alt fire button switch between single fire and the burst shot/double barrel shot. Also bothers me how Tigris doesn't fire both barrels at once it fires them one at a time. But that's another subject.

The thing is that changing the trigger type to Duplex-auto, wouldn't change anything in this gun EXCEPT an option to hold your trigger to land a second shot on another enemy.
If you simply tap your trigger NOTHING changes. It still shoots two bullets, it still has the same delay between bursts.
This is only a change for the good. You can always use your Sybaris as you were using it so far.

If your mouse is breaking it's only your fault.
If you mind your mouse it will serve you for a lot of time.
My mouses usually stand like for at least 5 or more years and nothing is changing that.

There is nothing weird about Duplex-auto.
Press trigger- first shot, release- another shot.

No additional delays, no nothing, it's as simple as that.

In Tigris, the delay is it's fire rate.
If you potentially had a 0 fire rate gun, it would still shoot as fast as you click and release your trigger. Fire rate is the delay between your bursts. So if in such gun you just wouldn't be able to get the 3rd shot. You would just have to manually reload.

Don't know where are all your problems.

For full auto weapons YOU HAVE to hold your trigger to shoot as well.
In semi-auto you have to keep clicking.
In burst weapons you have to keep clicking as well.
Duplex-auto is just a morph between burst and semi that gives you an option to hold your second shot until you release your trigger.
If you just click the trigger you still get two of your shots, your normal delay etc.
Nothing changes to your old style. You're given an option to land your second shot on someone else except on a corpse of a grunt you already killed with your first shot.

If someone has a problem with duplex, they can still use the gun old style.

It seems that people who are against duplex are here to bash. You're saying "Tigris is my favourite shotgun, but I hate duplex."
You're just afraid of changes and don't want anything done to your Sybaris.
I don't understand your point.
You're making up issues with duplex bcs you don't know how it works.

People said he exact same thing about the alt fire on the tigris that fired 1 shot. It did not change anything about the gun for the way it was used before just have more options on how to use it. But people were acting like we were stealing their child away when we asked to keep it.

And people can not like something based on whatever they want really. It's not an issue about not knowing how it works it just feels bad for some. And how would we know how it would work on other guns besides tigris when that's the only gun that's ever had it ?

And it's not bashing if they say they don't like it it's stating an opinion on a related topic.

Lots of this. Tigris is my favorite shotgun, but fk Duplex triggers. I am literally, not figuratively, going to need a new mouse soon because of the Duplex trigger. After a few months of using the Tigris, my mouse is damaged and often double clicks when I single click. It's damage because of the constant pressure of Click, SQUEEZE, HOLD, UNCLICK.

Honestly needs to be removed from Tigris but I'll still use it. At least until the cost of buying new mouses rack up. Might need to buy an industrial strength mouse or something.

So no, leave Sybaris alone, don't need another favorite gun that actively works to break my mouse.

I'm pretty sure you're using your mouse wrong if using Dublex trigger made you break it...

<snip>

Tigris alt fire was a bug since the 1 shot was completely silent.

You can still fire one shot.

You can even shoot once, then roll and after releasing the trigger it doesn't shoot, as well as you can just reload after shooting it once.

Second thing, is that, when you boost your mag size in Tigris, the delay between shots (second one and third one) is it's fire rate.

That come Sybaris would have the same delay as it has now, the only change would be the trigger type.

The idea about changing the trigger types isn't bad, although I don't see how that would impact the weapon performance in any way.

TBH mathwise duplex would be better since there is no delay between firing first and second shot (which is funny bcs 2 shot dps in theory would be infinite, practically it would be just like shooting two bullets in one, because you're pretty much doing it).

I still don't understand how would duplex hurt the weapon.

Statwise. Performance-wise.

Not community-rage-wise.

Edited by RadioLarity

Yes Sybaris should have this on. If you want to shoot with bursts its the same. I just want to use this trigget in that weapon. Tell me the diffrence betwean Duplex and 2 Burst without holding LMB - there is none.

Actualy the Tigris' Duplex Auto bursts are faster than the 2 shot bursts of the Sysbaris.

I like the idea and it gives some variety too.

You can see the delay on Tigris is caused by the low fire rate when you put a fire rate mod on it, the delay disapear, I think it will not affect Sybaris( I think most ppl use Shred too anyways), but if you pay atention to sound you can see the bullets on the burst are much slor than Tiberon, Burston P and Paracyst, you can even move the mouse to hit 2 closed targets.

And with the change on rate of fire on Burst mechanic incoming, it would be a good alternative for this badass badboy.

Because it will cause a delay in firing making the gun a lot worse yes even if it is only a split second. You can already notice this with the Tigris.

Tigris has a delay because of its relatively low rate of fire, not the duplex trigger. The Sybaris would fire just as fast as it does now.

Wait, what? Tigris slow? I have no idea what everyone's putting on the thing, but I thought half the point of the Tigris trigger was because you can fire two shotgun blasts in maybe 0.05 of a second by quicktapping the trigger, like having 100% multishot. It's sure as hell faster than the Sybaris trigger, so slow you can line up two heads between shots.

I wouldn't mind this added, either as primary or as alt-fire (with alt-fire available to either fire one shot or do the old-style shot). Or for alt-fire to single fire the Tigris, really. Not necessary, but could actually be useful.

Wait, what? Tigris slow? I have no idea what everyone's putting on the thing, but I thought half the point of the Tigris trigger was because you can fire two shotgun blasts in maybe 0.05 of a second by quicktapping the trigger, like having 100% multishot. It's sure as hell faster than the Sybaris trigger, so slow you can line up two heads between shots.

I wouldn't mind this added, either as primary or as alt-fire (with alt-fire available to either fire one shot or do the old-style shot). Or for alt-fire to single fire the Tigris, really. Not necessary, but could actually be useful.

Add magazine size mods to your tigris and try to fire 3rd shot. Then come back and you will know what we're talking about.

Tigris alt fire was a bug since the 1 shot was completely silent.

You can still fire one shot.

You can even shoot once, then roll and after releasing the trigger it doesn't shoot, as well as you can just reload after shooting it once.

Second thing, is that, when you boost your mag size in Tigris, the delay between shots (second one and third one) is it's fire rate.

That come Sybaris would have the same delay as it has now, the only change would be the trigger type.

The idea about changing the trigger types isn't bad, although I don't see how that would impact the weapon performance in any way.

TBH mathwise duplex would be better since there is no delay between firing first and second shot (which is funny bcs 2 shot dps in theory would be infinite, practically it would be just like shooting two bullets in one, because you're pretty much doing it).

I still don't understand how would duplex hurt the weapon.

Statwise. Performance-wise.

Not community-rage-wise.

Forgot about the silent bug but people were liking the alt fire idea of not having to roll or jump just to not fire a second shot. Still they could have kept it and made both parties happy i don't see why people were so against people being able to fire 1 shot without having to do parkour or hold the button down which to a lot feels awkward.

I'm all for adding more ways for weapons to work and fire so more people can enjoy them but i don't agree about adding duplex as is to sybaris. It hasn't been touched since the release of tigris and I feel it could be massively improved. One way is to make it just fire 2 shots at once, not the burst shot.

Guys, please try to read the previous posts in the thread, especially when there's only one page to go through. I find that too many conversations on this forum go absolutely nowhere because the discussion "resets" as soon as people stop looking at the previous posts. At least go one page back into any thread you post in to avoid saying things that have already been addressed repeatedly.

Giving Sybaris duplex-auto is a straight buff for the most part. This change wouldn't be bad for the weapon, but rather unnecessarily good for it. The Sybaris is already powerful enough as it is. Forcing two shots is part of what keeps its power in check. If you allow the shots to be placed individually it becomes a whole different beast.

Asking for improvements to a weapon that is already well-balanced is just as flawed as asking for nerfs to a balanced weapon. The only difference is that buff requests are usually showered with support. "It's PURELY BETTER. Everyone will be HAPPY." But for the sake of a balanced game and overall better experience, it's really better to not screw with weapons that are already in a good place.

Let me make it clear why this change is too good. Suppose you've potato'd your Sibaris and thrown a few forma in. You're at the point where a single bullet to the head can kill. With an unmodded magazine, how many enemies can you drop before reloading? Five. Suppose this change is implemented and you can now delay the second shot. How many enemies can you kill before reloading? Ten. The amount of kills you can obtain has doubled from this change that supposedly does "NOTHING". This example is perfectly in line considering the Sybaris does more damage per shot than the similar Latron Wraith.

I'm an avid user of all high-precision weapons and one of the few who absolutely loves duplex-auto. I would freaking love this change, but coming from someone who would abuse the hell out of it I can assure you that it's unnecessarily powerful. This weapon was balanced around effectively having 5 shots before reloading, with a 10 round mag because it is a burst weapon. If you allow it to place 10 shots then you're throwing a wrench into this balance.

No. Duplex auto is annoying and intuitive.

I don't think intuitive means what you think it does, it's the opposite.

I don't mind the duplex trigger. Just hold your mouse button down, is it really so hard? If you don't then it functions as it does now. There isn't really a down side to this change other than maybe .1s delay between shots, and if .1s matters so much to you then you should pick a better weapon.

I'd adore having another Duplex-Auto weapon, especially a rifle. Especially since it's such a fun (for me) trigger type to use in game. The Sybaris is of course a literal perfect fit for the mechanic, so I'd love to see it be changed to that trigger type.

That said I still can understand that (even if it is really strange) that some players outright hate Duplex-Auto. Whether a new rifle that's Duplex-Auto gets added or the Sybaris becomes that rifle is really not important to me. Having more Duplex-Auto weaponry in general would just be awesome.

I don't think intuitive means what you think it does, it's the opposite.

I don't mind the duplex trigger. Just hold your mouse button down, is it really so hard? If you don't then it functions as it does now. There isn't really a down side to this change other than maybe .1s delay between shots, and if .1s matters so much to you then you should pick a better weapon.

Woops, forgot the "un."

Also, THIS IS A STUPID IDEA. I just want to put it out there that benefiting from this change would be too much of a pain in the &#!. "Oh man look at how ammo efficient this finger cramp is making me."

Woops, forgot the "un."

Also, THIS IS A STUPID IDEA. I just want to put it out there that benefiting from this change would be too much of a pain in the !. "Oh man look at how ammo efficient this finger cramp is making me."

Then... Don't make use of it? The beauty of this is that those that don't want it don't have anything to worry about.

Then... Don't make use of it? The beauty of this is that those that don't want it don't have anything to worry about.

Then don't waste the Dev's time more like. If I don't end up tapping the button, I don't get out my other shot.

Even worse, this brings the weapon closer to being semiautomatic, meaning the DPS will just suffer outright if you don't maintain a steady firerate.

Then don't waste the Dev's time more like. If I don't end up tapping the button, I don't get out my other shot.

Even worse, this brings the weapon closer to being semiautomatic, meaning the DPS will just suffer outright if you don't maintain a steady firerate.

What? That makes no sense. This dramatically increases the burst speed without touching the rate of fire. Edited by (PS4)zanebrtn

How does making the burst of a rifle somewhere around 0.1s or however fast you can click make the DPS suffer. Also, tapping the button gives you your other shot. Holding the button doesn't give you your other shot. And then, as soon as you let go, quick flick of the lever and back to shooting like normal.

The only person to actually make a decent attempt at opposing this is the guy who said it would become much too powerful, everyone else so far is more or less "IT'S GONNA SUCK BECAUSE FEELS"