Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Fanmade Skins ; Zephyr

Deidaku

OH LOOK THIS THREAD AGAIN

If this was actually a plan, DE would need Volkovyi (Liger, the artist himself who created the original Zephyr concept) to sign a contract. If not, no possibility of the skin at all.

And DE is notoriously finicky with that sort of thing: They'll officially accept stuff from contests, but never just straight copypaste something from the forums - I don't know if that's really worth complaining about, but there it is.

I'm not a fan of the "Zephyr" concept that Liger made, while I think they are an excellent artist I don't think they have the Tenno/Orokin style quite right. As other have said, they did a good job with the Riot-Moa/Bursa but the Corpus aesthetic is much more straight forward boxy sci-fi and thus a lot easier to emulate. Though they did miss the signature corpus creature-face that the other moas and ospreys have and I think that was a mistake.

That said, DE are now paying for designs straight out of the community, so the art style is going to suffer severe dilution regardless of what I think.

Personally I think the Trinity fan-concept was the closet to native Warframe style but even that was playing it much more fast an loose with the humanoid shape than Mynki generally does. It's closer to http://www.angelarium.net/seraphim/  than Warframe IMHO.

Mind you, nothing was more disappointing that the fan-rhino concept we're getting, to me that design typifies the "wrong" direction for Warframe, So very generic, so very appealing to a certain specific subset of the fanbase. Still, I can't begrudge them their choice, I expect it will make DE a fair amount of money, and it's not like I always agree with the designs that come out of DE. Personally I think that DE's Zephyr is much to busy, the normal and tint maps makes her little more than a vague blob when she's moving and while I like the overall effect that Mesa has I can't help but feel that making elements of her so much like actual cloth was a mistake, I would've liked to see more akin to the material Frost's coat is made out of, more like armoured blubber.

I'm not a fan of the "Zephyr" concept that Liger made, while I think they are an excellent artist I don't think they have the Tenno/Orokin style quite right. As other have said, they did a good job with the Riot-Moa/Bursa but the Corpus aesthetic is much more straight forward boxy sci-fi and thus a lot easier to emulate. Though they did miss the signature corpus creature-face that the other moas and ospreys have and I think that was a mistake.

That said, DE are now paying for designs straight out of the community, so the art style is going to suffer severe dilution regardless of what I think.

Personally I think the Trinity fan-concept was the closet to native Warframe style but even that was playing it much more fast an loose with the humanoid shape than Mynki generally does. It's closer to http://www.angelarium.net/seraphim/  than Warframe IMHO.

Mind you, nothing was more disappointing that the fan-rhino concept we're getting, to me that design typifies the "wrong" direction for Warframe, So very generic, so very appealing to a certain specific subset of the fanbase. Still, I can't begrudge them their choice, I expect it will make DE a fair amount of money, and it's not like I always agree with the designs that come out of DE. Personally I think that DE's Zephyr is much to busy, the normal and tint maps makes her little more than a vague blob when she's moving and while I like the overall effect that Mesa has I can't help but feel that making elements of her so much like actual cloth was a mistake, I would've liked to see more akin to the material Frost's coat is made out of, more like armoured blubber.

all i can say to you is...

Proto excal skin has proda boots, tight skinny chinos, and a BELT. and thats from the same 'universe'.  

Chroma`s original concept kicked ! if u saw it, was not an ant-bear or a seahorse at least, I really wish to see that for him, Zephyr looks fine to me

Endrian's concept wasn't unique. It was the least unique concept I've seen in a LONG time. Chroma's concept is unique, and I personally think it's the best looking warframe besides Mesa with the Ovis helmet.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

Chroma's original concept wasn't unique. It was the least unique concept I've seen in a LONG time. Chroma's concept is unique, and I personally think it's the best looking warframe besides Mesa with the Ovis helmet.

That was just my opinion, I find the original concept way better than what DE did, and to me, his current appearance is the worst along with circus creep called Limbo

The ideas behind his powers are unique, but in his appearance, nope, only unique in being bad, his original concept was not unique either, but better than DE's, and again, this is just my opinion about him

I don't understand why anyone would say the original skin would need to be altered to be female... Zephyr's animation sets aren't feminine in the least,and it's not as if she has a female voice. Also, the alternate skins seem to be largely non-canon, so that wouldn't really be an issue.

I'd love to see the skin, but one only has to look up Juju from Skullgirls to see how the dream of making a fan concept into a reality can turn into a nigtmare.

all i can say to you is...

Proto excal skin has proda boots, tight skinny chinos, and a BELT. and thats from the same 'universe'.  

Well actually it was from a game set during the Cold War, in a little different Universe (Dark Sector is not Canon to Warframe). We have no idea how DE view the Proto-Excalibur fitting into Warframe lore (If it does at all) Certainly the only information we have places its creation before the Orokin Empire.

And yes, It does look wrong for Warframe, not as bad as that Rhino concept but still wildly out-of-sync with the Tenno/Orokin aesthetic. It looks how it was intended to look, 20th Century riot armour mixed with technocyte material.

Edited by SilentMobius

That was just my opinion, I find the original concept way better than what DE did, and to me, his current appearance is the worst along with circus creep called Limbo

The ideas behind his powers are unique, but in his appearance, nope, only unique in being bad, his original concept was not unique either, but better than DE's, and again, this is just my opinion about him

If you're referring to Endrian's Dragon Warframe concept, Chroma isn't even based on him, nor was it the only fan concept for a dragon Warframe.

If you're referring to Endrian's Dragon Warframe concept, Chroma isn't even based on him, nor was it the only fan concept for a dragon Warframe.

I don't remember the name of the creator of it, but it was the one that got 1k+ upvotes, and there are some relation between the abilities of the concept and current chroma

Also, I know their are a lot of dragon frame concepts, but one would assume that if DE will take the idea, they will take the most popular one...

What's wrong with Limbos appearance now?

I don't remember the name of the creator of it, but it was the one that got 1k+ upvotes, and there are some relation between the abilities of the concept and current chroma

Also, I know their are a lot of dragon frame concepts, but one would assume that if DE will take the idea, they will take the most popular one...

dammit that one was soo cool

chroma is awesome as well but the fan one looked way more badass

I will always be down for reasonable cosmetics give the art team something to do

They're always designing new warframes , I doubt adding a few sins will prevent them from doing their thing

Besides I think this could be good publicity for the game

• 2 weeks later...

What a surprise to find a thread such as this one, and with so many participants already!

A Zephyr proto-skin that makes her look like the original fan concept is the most heavily requested alternate skin on the forums.

+1

If this is true, I have not ever seen so many supporters of the concept. Such discussions, talk, or ideas that stem from original creators rarely ever reach back to the creators themselves. I am quite honored for so many players to have suggested my work, and to like it in the first place. Support such as that is what inspires many artists! Thank you!

And if I may interject for a brief moment, I personally would be more fond of the Zephyr 2.0 shown in the OP, as it was made with a better skill-set and understanding of the Warframe aesthetic. Everyone gets better with practice and time!

P.S. For informative reasons, our art shown in the OP has a thread of its own for those who would like to see. You can find it here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/341447-arcane-zephyr-the-wind-elemental-artwork-included-alt-helmets-archwings-syndanas-anniversary-rejuvination/