Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Ultimate Change

DarkRuler2500

Right now Volts ultimate is rather unuseable except you do a whole build around it, but if you do that all other skills become weak. I would like to change this by making one small change.

Molecular Primes reach on the map is determined by duration. Duration declares how long the wave can expand before stopping. Just make Volt do it the same way with overload. Make the range dependant on duration to show the expansion.

The higher the duration, the higher the time Overload is able to expand and the higher the range is.

Regular Range mod should only apply to the electric explosions when hitting an enemy.

DE, make this plz. It will make Volt so much more fun!

Not a bad suggestion, but if DE are planning on reworking Volt, anything other than a damage-nuke would be interesting.

That said, I love the idea of abilities which expand based on duration, so damage ability or enemy debuff, that would be a nice inclusion in his kit.

hmm it is good as it is, and the duration already has an effect, makes the ticks have bigger time between them, continuous shocking, more CC, he is not meant to be a killer.. MP range is not affected by duration, it is just that the wave doesn`t disintegrate before reaching max range, that`s all, Overload is affected the same way, if u go low duration build, the wave ends quickly before reaching max range.......

hmm it is good as it is, and the duration already has an effect, makes the ticks have bigger time between them, continuous shocking, more CC, he is not meant to be a killer.. MP range is not affected by duration, it is just that the wave doesn`t disintegrate before reaching max range, that`s all, Overload is affected the same way, if u go low duration build, the wave ends quickly before reaching max range.......

Actually Dark is correct on that, MP's range is affected by duration. Longer duration allows for MP to spread out more, covering more ground and more enemies. I would be very glad if Volt's ultimate could be changed to act in such a way.

Edit: Just noticed you contradicted yourself there, well then..

Edited by Aoden

Actually Dark is correct on that, MP's range is affected by duration. Longer duration allows for MP to spread out more, covering more ground and more enemies. I would be very glad if Volt's ultimate could be changed to act in such a way.

nope, duration makes the wave last longer, on low duration builds, it disintegrates before finishing the spread, at high duration builds, it reaches same range, but lasts longer, disintegrates after reaching max range, therefore, technically yes more range, but indirectly.....

I won`t mind that either, but that will not change the fact u need to add strength to kill with it (if u see him as a killer) as duration will make ticks take longer to be fully delivered, therefore less nuke-ness

Just noticed you contradicted yourself there, well then..

how exactly? overload with high duration and low range, reaches a long distance, despite low range, when going for range and no duration, the wave almost reaches the same bu slightly less, as the wave`s duration will end before finishing the expansion.....

nope, duration makes the wave last longer, on low duration builds, it disintegrates before finishing the spread, at high duration builds, it reaches same range, but lasts longer, disintegrates after reaching max range, therefore, technically yes more range, but indirectly.....

Molecular Prime starts 5 metres away from Nova and travels outwards for a set duration, the duration is effected by the Duration stat. The only relevance range has is in regards to the explosion range when you kill someone.

How does maximizing Overload hurt Volt's other powers, exactly?  I see people post this all the time but I don't get why.  

I run into this one often. Basically a lot of folks are afraid that if Overload is really good then Volt will become a press 4 to win frame.

I run into this one often. Basically a lot of folks are afraid that if Overload is really good then Volt will become a press 4 to win frame.

Maybe that's a motivating factor, but what are they even talking about?  Stretch?  Slotting Stretch hurts his other abilities?  Sacrifice a duration mod or two?  I don't get it.  

Maybe that's a motivating factor, but what are they even talking about?  Stretch?  Slotting Stretch hurts his other abilities?  Sacrifice a duration mod or two?  I don't get it.  

u need a lot of strength to maximize its damage capability, blind rage=less effeceiency=fleeting expertise=less duration=2 and 3 are crying, transeint fortitude is even more on duration... normal mods isn`t really maximizing, as 30% range or duration is nothing, u need corrupted mods mainly, and these are just assests

u need a lot of strength to maximize its damage capability, blind rage=less effeceiency=fleeting expertise=less duration=2 and 3 are crying, transeint fortitude is even more on duration... normal mods isn`t really maximizing, as 30% range or duration is nothing, u need corrupted mods mainly, and these are just assests

Just keep your efficiency at max and use a duration mod.  You could also drop Blind Rage entirely and lower your FE rank by one, and add a second duration mod if you want permashields.  

Just keep your efficiency at max and use a duration mod.  You could also drop Blind Rage entirely and lower your FE rank by one, and add a second duration mod if you want permashields.  

hmm, max effeceincy hurts 2 and 3 badly, without BR ult doesn`t kill well, and a duration mod own` help face off fleeting, u need narrow minded, which wil reduce ult`s range significantly, therefore overextended is needed, and u need strength to counter that, and it goes on and on.....

u can`t maximize all ur powers together... on any frame, not just volt....

hmm, max effeceincy hurts 2 and 3 badly, without BR ult doesn`t kill well, and a duration mod own` help face off fleeting, u need narrow minded, which wil reduce ult`s range significantly, therefore overextended is needed, and u need strength to counter that, and it goes on and on.....

u can`t maximize all ur powers together... on any frame, not just volt....

The goal is not absolute maximization of all stats, but to maximize the overall capability of each power to suit your needs.  That means a compromise among different stats and some partially ranked mods.  If you just blindly stack corrupted mods on top of each other the result will be wasteful and ineffective.  I think this mentality is part of the reason why so many people ask for buffs to everything; they just don't understand how to mod effectively and their equipment under-performs as a result.

Edited by RealPandemonium

If you just blindly stack corrupted mods on top of each other the result will be wasteful and ineffective.

The rule of thumb I find is only one pair of contradictory mods.

As an example, running Blind Rage and Fleeting Expertise to counter it is fine, but if you then have to plop in Continuity to fix the duration, you should look at your build again.

The goal is not absolute maximization of all stats, but to maximize the overall capability of each power to suit your needs.  That means a compromise among different stats and some partially ranked mods.  If you just blindly stack corrupted mods on top of each other the result will be wasteful and ineffective.  I think this mentality is part of the reason why so many people ask for buffs to everything; they just don't understand how to mod effectively and their equipment under-performs as a result.

I know it is dumb, but I am not gonna keep a low ranked version on every mod, so I just max them, and whatever frame doesn`t fit, I ditch it

also, I have an overload build, which works fine, good DD on low lvls, and awesome CC on high ones, and a speed build, runs fast as hell, and is best melee fighter along with eternal war Valkyr, wish I could couple both together, tho :3

The way I typically mod is this:

Max efficiency first.

Do you need strength?  Stack all strength mods, with Blind Rage only rank 2.

Do you need duration?  Add a duration mod (preferably Primed Continuity.) Still need more duration?  Take off Blind Rage and use R10 Fleeting Expertise instead of R11.  Add a second duration mod (preferably Constitution.)  If you don't need range, use Narrow Minded.  I use a R6 NM since its downside can be nullified with Stretch and more duration is typically not needed.

Need range?  Use Stretch.  Need max range?  Add Overextended but make sure to bring enough strength to keep the dependent powers relevant.

I typically reserve one mod slot for Redirection or whatever durability mod.  

This flowchart works for almost every build goal on every frame.  There are some very specific outlying exceptions, but for the most part this is how to maximize your loadout, at least IMO.  

It doesn't seem to fix anything, range is hardly an issue with Overload. The problem is that it's slow and the way the ability works made the CC aspect of the ability isn't that reliable. If it's the same like MP, then it still have the same slow problem. In fact i believe MP was changed to be duration based, because the instantaneous effect made it OP and spam obligatory.