The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Why Do You Do This?!

-S--Nightmaric

Can we stop the tinfoiling about the abilities reworks only being active when wearing the skin? DE specifically said in a previous devstream that all frames getting a new skin will most likely have their abilities reviewed, so they can get the work done at the same time.

Hey, I run a reputable business of tinfoil and tinfoil accessories!

Yeah, seems like an awful move. Maybe I'm wrong, but they made it sound like faster casting and toggleable hysteria are going to be tied to the skin.

So even after farming, building, polarizing and releveling Valkyr, you need to buy a 150 plat skin to have the good Valkyr.

It's against the rules for me to express my opinion of this practice honestly.

I think they meant tied to skin in the sense that those improvements to Valkyr will be released along with the skin, instead of say random patch.

DE have not released any skin with stats since they announced they are against them, so the only skins with stats are the very old ones (like the Brokk hamemr) or the arcane helmets

I think they meant tied to skin in the sense that those improvements to Valkyr will be released along with the skin, instead of say random patch.

DE have not released any skin with stats since they announced they are against them, so the only skins with stats are the very old ones (like the Brokk hamemr) or the arcane helmets

Sure, and that would be fine.

But it's not like I wasn't listening to the stream. It's done live, so it may be easy to misspeak, but it was phrased there like the skin had modifiers. We can hope they don't do something that bad.

to all those assuming "Valkyr 2.0" only applies to the Pre-Corpus skin, i highly doubt it. that's a lot of effort to go through just for a skin. I think they simply worded it weirdly, Valkyr will be just like Excalibur: multiple skins, but always the same abilities.

roll on 17.5!

Here is some clarification from Lotus on the Valkyr skin and QoL.

kZHDTgV.png

Confirmed to not be a skin-only change.

Just sell some stuff bro.

- Sell an hours worth of Triton cores.

- Keep track of rare and valuable mods as you get them to drop. I have like 40 Flow's and I constantly sell one of every now and then when I see "WTB FLOW" on the trade chat.

Port problems mean I'm completely isolated. No chat, no pubs, empty relays, empty friends list. It sucks, and I've tried everything to fix it.

IMO, it's a strategy, and a good one at that. And I respect DE for that.

What happens when a skin is permanent?

Player: meh I can buy the skin anytime I like, maybe even next year, maybe never. I don't know, I don't even play frame X that much.

What happens when you put a skin (anything actually; eg. noggles) for a limited time availability only?

Player: OMG I have to buy those! Looks so awesome, who knows when it's gonna return? I can't sell as fast in trade tab to earn for that skin, so I'm gonna buy plats now! I don't even use frame X but someday I might! Oh no! What if it doesn't return forever like Excal Prime?! Buy. Plats. Now.

Instant income. DE is not a good samaritan organisation, working their lives off for random faceless individuals, they are a company.

Games have always had exclusives and always will. But unlike most games, Warframe (for the most part) only makes SKINS exclusive, not parts of more interactive content i.e. weapons.

The way I see it, it's they're content, they can do as they want with it as they see fit, and as long as it doens't give extra stats to the skins then I could care less.

Edited by Vaxillian

Proto armor isnt exclusive anymore as an example, it's been resold a 2nd time.

Exclusive or not, whats the point with a skin if you never will see anybpdy use it? As i said before, i havent seen the nyx proto skins since early june and the excalibur proto is rare aswell, allthought ive seen it more often.

I feel its a waste of time beacuse people will buy it and leave it to rot ( like ive done with excal proto). I mean, if people are newer going to see it it basically loses the "exclusivness", why?

Beacuse nobody or wery few will see it and therefore they wont be "oooooh that guy have a exclusive skin,wow!" ( which is the feeling you people want beacuse in your world nobody else cant have what you got beacuse then you are not special. Sorry for the generalisation but ive seen this type of behavior from other games, which have ended up in conflicts and divided the community in "us and them")

I will buy the skin nonelessness, i just hope that IRL wont get in the way ( people apparently thinks that everyone sare glues to their computer 24:7)

Its nothing wrong with exclusive stuff and i would have accepted it more if we already had alot of alternative skins. But the problem is that we DONT.

Also i forgot to add: i know that excal and nyx proto skins are exclusive and timlimited ( wich im fine with since they are a reference to dark sector), however the new skins have no reason to be exclusive. If you are in so dire need to be "unique" then PA cosmetics is there for you.

The exclusiveness argument(s) have more holes in it than swedish politics.

Port problems mean I'm completely isolated. No chat, no pubs, empty relays, empty friends list. It sucks, and I've tried everything to fix it.

If you can, try googling the ports Warframe uses and open them manually?

Edited by Sidathe