Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Consider Warframe A Better Version Of Destiny?

Institute-Marksman

Haven't played Destiny, but I can say that I really wish Warframe got its crap together, like a long lore driven campaign that isnt random side missions slapped together and meaningful team play that doesn't revolve around exploits and 4 spam. Masses of bullet sponge enemies as a "challenge" are reeeeaaally harmful as endgame because of the boredom and play styles it creates. I also think we can make our frames just way to powerful. So uhh, if Destiny doesn't suffer from these then I would say it is better, butidonno.

Not really nope because Destiny is NOT a bad game in the least. People allowed their hype to oversell what it was and are disappointed from their own doing. Aside from that, the payment methods they have chosen to go with and the ever so popular bandwagon of people hating on Destiny even if they haven't played it and doing it just because "it's the thing to do"

Ontop of that a lot of things in life are similar but my god that does NOT mean something is just a blatant copy or ripoff. This is another thing people just don't get which also I guess puts a damper on things~

In conclusion...

9ESmrji.gif

Only the same defense mission like 40 times right? Not a bad game right?

Destiny appears to be a console-only FPS.

I watched some video to see if it had any kind of parkour system, but it didn't seem to.

So, I'm not clear what the starting point for this comparison is. Is it because you shoot things on other planets and grind for upgrades in both games? There really doesn't appear to be much similarity in the gameplay.

This seems kind of like asking if Tomb Raider is a better version of Battletoads.

I watched some video to see if it had any kind of parkour system, but it didn't seem to.

So, I'm not clear what the starting point for this comparison is. Is it because you shoot things on other planets and grind for upgrades in both games? There really doesn't appear to be much similarity in the gameplay.

This seems kind of like asking if Tomb Raider is a better version of Battletoads.

Main character(s) are in a similar predictament. Core gameplay is pretty much the same (move here, kill stuff, gain loot, repeat).

Main character(s) are in a similar predictament. Core gameplay is pretty much the same (move here, kill stuff, gain loot, repeat).

Much like the core gameplay of Tomb Raider and Battletoads is pretty much the same (jump from platform to platform, occasionally shoot something)?

I would submit that how you move is, in both pairs, critically important to the gameplay.

The Character you play wakes up in a dangerous situation:  Check.

The character you play as has been 'asleep' for a very long time:  Check.

You use Guns:  Check

You use Melee Weapons: Check

You can Jump: Check

You can Sprint:  Check

You are in space:  Check

You can shoot things:  Check

Obviously one of these games is a clone of the other and to solve this issue we must hand them both a light-saber and force them to fight to the death in a sandy fighting pit in order for Fans to be happy.  When one of them is victorious they must take a large sword and slice off the others head and proclaim: "There can only be one!"

Until this is done, the universe will never be satisfied with the dual existences.

No. In warframe. You can get killed by some stupid mechanics.

In Destiny. Enemies ACTUALLY TRIES TO KILL YOU.

1] Not anymore...if you fall out of map now you will respawn somewhere back in map....happened to me so i know it

2] you cant compare warframe with destiny, warframe is free...who doesnt like free?

Destiny is much more beginner friendly, and it really doesn't get very difficult (it seems like it was dumbed down for the younger player base), but it's also much more interesting.

Warframe has way more things to do, customization, and ways to play. It's severely lacking in a well driven, interesting plot line though. Also, whoever created the current tutorial needs to be fired... are you trying to drive new players away?

Final Verdict:

Destiny is better, but Warframe has way more potential. It's to be expected though, you can't compare Bungie with Digital Extremes, they're not even close to the same tier.

P.S. Destiny loses points for being an EA @#&*(. F*** their overpriced lackluster DLC.

I've actually been sort of impressed with what I've seen of TTK so far - sure, the subclass quests recycle multiplayer maps, sure, dialouge in cutscenes is just as $&*&*#(%& as ever, but at least there's some nice-looking environments out there.

I think it's sorta hard to compare, especially since we're getting our version of the Taken King with U18 (aka the patch that saves everything and fixes all the core issues) - why don't we wait around until that, then draw comparisions once more.

Edited by S.T.M.P.D

A friend and I have had recently conversed about Destiny and Warframe. He plays as much Destiny as I have Warframe, however he has played little Warframe as much as I have Destiny.

Destiny has a few things going for it. One specific note would be raids. While Warframe has them, they have very little to no pay-off, at least in my opinion. You get random Arcanes, which start incredibly weak, forcing you to play more raids in order to upgrade them. Even then, you're not guaranteed to get the same one, or something beneficial. At least in Destiny, you're given some useful items.

The weapon meta is broken with Messenger taking storm, however, I slightly appreciate the weapon upgrade system in the game. It allows for decent build variety, compared to Warframe. Extra damage but compromise stability? Reduce recoil, but affect range? Warframe lacks that, which is a bit unfortunate, but will be fixed in the coming months. We'll see.

However, Warframe is a free-to-play title. It has no barrier to entry, no pricetags for initial investment. In addition, it is constantly updated with new weapons, re-fleshed bosses, and various new things, all for free, assuming you have met the requirements for certain things. Destiny requires you to pay a set cost, in addition to getting the expansions to be current, which will be the next point ahead.

Also the conversation of Free-To-Play came up. He thinks that Warframe is an extremely pay-to-win title orcommit-to-win title. If he wanted to get to where I am at (having all the base warframes, a few prime weapons etc.), he would need to purchase everything. While it is personal preference on which warframes or weapons you like most, there are clearly defined tiers of weapons, which prove the point. Why should I use the MK1 Braton, if I could get a small bundle of platinum and trade for Boltor prime?

The only reason Warframe gets away with it, is because it is primarily a PVE shooter. Understandable. However if Destiny became free-to-play? His eyes says that it wouldn't be pay-to-win at all. Small caveat here -- you need to be current in Destiny, in order to be even remotely good at the game, meaning you would have to splurge over hundreds of dollars to get the latest expansions and the game itself. If you don't have it, you're automatically a second-class citizen.

And also, Activision is involved in publishing the title. With some disputes that happened internally at Bungie, clearly if Destiny went free-to-play, there would be some catch 22 about it.

Both are commit-to-win titles, both have their upsides and downsides. Warframe is grindy, but so is Destiny. Is one better than the other? It's subjective and opinion-based. My opinion, I have only played Warframe, so I wouldn't really know all that much.

Destiny is I may dare say a horrible game in comparison, the only thing they have keeping them better is a massive team known as Bungie. I played Destiny and loved it for hours but always felt a love hate relationship with the amazing concept and the stupid developers, the Bungie I knew and loved seemed to be now behind forcing players to pay for such little content makes me almost sick.

Don't get me wrong again the game was great but I payed for the $60 retail price and then nearly $20 for each dlc and now that iv payed $100 into the game with them ditching old guns, not making newer planets or areas to explore and a vast array of cloned copied weapons/ships/the same sparrow over and over again iv grown sick of it not wanting to spend another $60 for more dlc.

They even joked saying older players spending $100 for the dlc can get it at a discount for $40 digital since you payed for the dlc in the past but game stop already allows you to hand in the old copy and get the game for $40 as it is so thats pointless. Not to mention the exlusive gear for older players are not items like the $20 stashes they now force you to pay if you really are a fan and thats on top of the $60 game.....$80 just to be a fan of Bungie? What ever happened to the Bungie I knew is long gone compared to this game in were I don't need to spend a dime and I get massive content? I actually want the developers to have my cash unlike forcing me to pay to play my so called MMO/shooter.

So this is just a rant for anyone wanting to badger me about hating Bungie's Destiny currently but compared to Warframe at least content wise developers like them need to take a look at developers like Warframe actually giving free content to their players and not just a few guns calling it "Free" content.

Destiny might be an amazing game outright but its developers and rip off of my cash has made me say its a game id rather ignore with hate waiting for the second game for now and Warframe something ill come back to over and over again even if they have issues I know they will be fixed without my money flying out the window and thats important for anyone to consider. 

My 2 cents......

Calling it a feature or mechanic implies that it is intended. Only an idiot would think falling out of a map is intended design.

Whoa, That was a JOKE. Chill out!

I was referring to DE recent doing, like Coptering and Multishot. They leave it so long that people think it was an actual game features.

A friend and I have had recently conversed about Destiny and Warframe. He plays as much Destiny as I have Warframe, however he has played little Warframe as much as I have Destiny.

Destiny has a few things going for it. One specific note would be raids. While Warframe has them, they have very little to no pay-off, at least in my opinion. You get random Arcanes, which start incredibly weak, forcing you to play more raids in order to upgrade them. Even then, you're not guaranteed to get the same one, or something beneficial. At least in Destiny, you're given some useful items.

The fact that you haven't played Destiny definitely shows (I'm not saying this to be an A****** either).

In Destiny, getting a useful item when you get "rewarded" during a raid is simply the roll of a dice. At one point in time when I used to play Destiny, I had a five week stretch of doing every single raid on all three characters each week over that period (the maximum amount of times you can do the raid) and got repeat items every time. Considering how long it can take to complete raids in Destiny, getting every single item but the one you want for 5-weeks straight is beyond discouraging and extremely frustrating.

At least in Warframe if I get a repeat item or part, I can sell it or trade in order to get the item I need. Trust me, I have put hundreds of hours into both games and can certainly say that the grind in Destiny is far worse than in Warframe. I can always set goals in Warframe and work hard to complete those goals, but any goals you set in Destiny (like getting certain weapons) can only be accomplished if you cross your fingers and hope the game doesn't screw you for the "n"th time.

Whoa, That was a JOKE. Chill out!

I was referring to DE recent doing, like Coptering and Multishot. They leave it so long that people think it was an actual game features.

That joke doesn't make sense. Why would someone think it is a feature? There is no benefit to falling out of a map and losing a revive. Coptering and multi-shot had uses.

Everyone i know and have met regrets destiny that has played it.

Everyone i know who tried to get into gaming with destiny was abruptly put off and disgusted.

Everyone i know or have met loves warframe, even the ones with the attention span of a goldfish end up liking it.

I know just 1 person who likes destiny and he's only in it because he wants his moneys worth.

Purely anecdotal but my sample is over 100 people easily.

The fact that you haven't played Destiny definitely shows (I'm not saying this to be an A****** either).

In Destiny, getting a useful item when you get "rewarded" during a raid is simply the roll of a dice. At one point in time when I used to play Destiny, I had a five week stretch of doing every single raid on all three characters each week over that period (the maximum amount of times you can do the raid) and got repeat items every time. Considering how long it can take to complete raids in Destiny, getting every single item but the one you want for 5-weeks straight is beyond discouraging and extremely frustrating.

At least in Warframe if I get a repeat item or part, I can sell it or trade in order to get the item I need. Trust me, I have put hundreds of hours into both games and can certainly say that the grind in Destiny is far worse than in Warframe. I can always set goals in Warframe and work hard to complete those goals, but any goals you set in Destiny (like getting certain weapons) can only be accomplished if you cross your fingers and hope the game doesn't screw you for the "n"th time.

First sentence, I know that. Nothing really too offending here.

I know about getting "lackluster" items. I was stretching the whole "useful items" term too tightly, but then again, what isn't decided by a dice roll in both games? I will admit, that it is infuriating to get an item for a class that you don't play, forcing you either to store it or junk it, or getting the same item in a row a few times. Most certainly frustrating. I remember trying to get Nova when she first released. Took me a solid week to get systems. Kept getting Chassis and helmets.

However, with regards to raids, Destiny will give you something interesting and/or off-the-bat usable. Sure it is infuriating to get the same gun several times, but it doesn't mean that a Warlock or Titan can't use them. I won't say that for class items however. Though five-weeks of the same item is very excessive.

Arcane enchantments on the other hand... aren't what they need to be, much less a grind to even finish. That is my point. I still haven't done raids, due to that; arcanes aren't really worth the grind.

It's like comparing Arcane Warmth to Vex Mythoclast; Vex Mythoclast is infinitely superior to Arcane Warmth, due to it being a usable and rewarding weapon. With Arcane Warmth, cold isn't much of a detrimental factor, so it's useless.

In the end: I agree, things are pretty much the luck of the draw. Destiny gets a very slight edge with rewards, but not by much. RNG is a large factor in both games, so it is around a moot point.

Everyone i know and have met regrets destiny that has played it.

Everyone i know who tried to get into gaming with destiny was abruptly put off and disgusted.

Everyone i know or have met loves warframe, even the ones with the attention span of a goldfish end up liking it.

I know just 1 person who likes destiny and he's only in it because he wants his moneys worth.

Purely anecdotal but my sample is over 100 people easily.

This is actually quite the opposite for my friends.

Everyone plays Destiny, while I have to scoot by and play with randoms on XBONE. No one really plays Warframe with me. Not even my clanmates. And to those on my friends list who do play Warframe, they already have a small group of people there. And that is a very finite number of friends who have groups going. To those who try playing, they are automatically deterred.

I have to play Warframe by myself, while my more prolific gamer friends play Destiny. I basically have to leave parties once it gets to three or more people, since they are all going to do the same thing. Sad really.

Everyone plays Destiny, while I have to scoot by and play with randoms on XBONE. No one really plays Warframe with me. Not even my clanmates. And to those on my friends list who do play Warframe, they already have a small group of people there. And that is a very finite number of friends who have groups going. To those who try playing, they are automatically deterred.

I have to play Warframe by myself, while my more prolific gamer friends play Destiny. I basically have to leave parties once it gets to three or more people, since they are all going to do the same thing. Sad really.

Any ideas as to why they're deterred? Feedback could help out with the new player experience.