Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Know Your Trade Chat Character.

(PSN)SancticuS

Q) The patient one: He's not in a hurry to get what he needs. Most likely because he got pretty much everything in the game. Therefore, he occasionally types in the chat willing to buy those items for a very low price. "WTB > Four Riders, 5p."

^ This would be me. As a maxed out Tenno, I'm never in a hurry to get the newest toys. Since then I won't have anything left to do. But I also don't want to suffer under the wrath of RNGezus for too long. So by occasionally checking the trade chat, I decrease the total RNG.

D) The real deal

He comes, he buys, he leaves, no small talk just business

L) Close but no cigar

Everything is ok, until you actually are going to trade in dojo. They have have no trades left or are unaware of the fact that you can not trade your starting plat. Also might not meet the mastery rank restrictions for certaint items or be rank 2

O) The Good samaritan

The guy who out of the blue gives you additional plat either as a tip or just a token of his appreciation.

Those are the one i meet the most. Actually, i have almost only D who come to my dojo and sometimes D become a O. 

Maybe it's the way i write my trading list.

L are rare for me now.

F will happen as long as the game has so few information about trade.

Maybe :

The one (maybe L) who come for syndicate weapons/ special weapons but have no slot, happen 50% of the time but they just leave to buy slot and comeback. 

The one who like to talk after trade is finished.

I'm a D-->  hello/trade/thanks/good luck 

Edited by Gilmaesh

I have done my fair bit of trading and it seems to me you generally meet the same kind of types during your adventures trying to sell something. I normally don't bother to list WTS items unless I have something that I know is very coveted. So I stalk trade chat for WTB's and pm them my offers.

During these encounters these are the kind of guys I frequently meet. So take heed and know which kind of characters you might encounter if you dare venture into the mystery that is trade chat.

A) The lowballer

The type who always offer you half no matter what. If you say 10 he says 5, If you say 5 he says 2. If you say free he says give me 5p to take it

B) The poor liar

"I only have xx plat" "It is all i got plz" Which is as likely as DE will decrease the grind

C) The "clever" guy

Agrees to deal, comes to your dojo and then say "I got a friend who sells it for xx plat" but I will buy it for you for xx plat" To fool you into believing he is a good guy. Seconds after you don't agree to his terms you will see his "WTB xxxx" in trade chat again

D) The real deal

He comes, he buys, he leaves, no small talk just business

E) Actually not a buyer

Lists WTB something and when you PM them, "I don't have any plat but "insert worthless item here"

F) The misinformed

You can hardly watch trade chat scroll by without spotting one of these wanting to sell Dread, Oberon, Nekros, Forma, Brakk, Plastids etc etc you name it anything that is not sellable.

G) The scammer

Swaps items at last second and generally deal in kubrow imprints to exploit the fact that people don't know you can press L3 to see the imprints. Also deals in PSN cards, broken mods etc etc

H) The illiterate

Clearly not a english native speaker which normally is no problem but probably don't understand what he types himself. "Cna Sell frd I got u kno four me?"

I) The clueless

Wants to sell any worthless item for a absurd amount of platinum. You can also get lucky and find one that is the other way around. Who sells a quality item for far too little. Be gentle and give him a fair price.

J) The troll

These get all their enjoyment out of posting either WTB for items with a very unrealistic high price or WTS items for next to nothing. Like "WTB Maxed Ammo drum 50p", "WTS full frost prime 20p". They will never answer. Can actually be I) The clueless which is why they keep doing it as people always look for great deal

K) The beggar

"Give me free plat", "Want prime sets for free", "Can anyone help a girl gamer with some plat?" These might be worthy contenders for that amazing "ignore" button

L) Close but no cigar

Everything is ok, until you actually are going to trade in dojo. They have have no trades left or are unaware of the fact that you can not trade your starting plat. Also might not meet the mastery rank restrictions for certaint items or be rank 2

M) The all knowing

"It is not worth more than xx" or "It is worth at least xxx" Somehow knows every price in a free market but still finds the time to PM you for some strange reason.

N) The barterer

Kind of like the seller from Life of brian that refuses to sell anything before there has been some level of bartering. He will generally be pretty close to your price but will not relent until he has had the satisfaction of negotiating some kind of discount.

O) The Good samaritan

The guy who out of the blue gives you additional plat either as a tip or just a token of his appreciation.

P) The undercutter

Twitching with muscle spasms unless he gets his item sold ASAP, preferably before he has finished typing his WTS. Offers great deals.

So which category do you fall into and have you encountered a type not listed here?

Edit: Spelling and added suggestions

I've met a "Good Samaterian" before.

Gave me a R5 fusion core in addition to our trade.

He accepted, I didn't want to "steal" it from him because I didn't know if it was intentional or not, so I messaged him saying "you don't need to give me a R5 fusion core, I never asked for it."

His response?

"This is just something I do on all my trades, enjoy"

What a guy...

Oh and as for me?

What does this fall under?:

The guy who places a somewhat unreasonable offer (not absurd, but close to reasonable, but just not quite there), indifferent to whether or not the offer is take immediately. Through patience, eventually someone desperate enough takes the offer. 

Don't call me a bad person, its a free market. You don't see me imposing my offer on anyone :P

Edited by (PS4)buddy72757

What category would you fall under for false advertising?

I'll be 100% honest, I've done this twice and am somewhat proud of it. My friend and I spent some time doing the raid, while I was learning the ropes my second time, and we got screwed over with an arcane warmth. 

The day of getting the arcane warmth, I was able to trade it for an arcane trickery by saying that warmth did a fire blast effect. This weekend I bought the prisma dual cleavers and a crushing ruin with plat for my friend while he wasn't feeling well after surgery, so I told him he didn't need to pay me any platinum. He just wound up throwing in the old arcane warmth in the trade. Not too long ago, I managed to trade that arcane warmth for an arcane pulse by using the same lie.

To be quite honest, people need to learn the value of items in trade. If you don't know what you are trading or what you are trading for, you are likely to get screwed over. I'm sure some people are going to have a problem with this, but I'm a businessman, damnit!

I'll be 100% honest, I've done this twice and am somewhat proud of it. My friend and I spent some time doing the raid, while I was learning the ropes my second time, and we got screwed over with an arcane warmth.

The day of getting the arcane warmth, I was able to trade it for an arcane trickery by saying that warmth did a fire blast effect. This weekend I bought the prisma dual cleavers and a crushing ruin with plat for my friend while he wasn't feeling well after surgery, so I told him he didn't need to pay me any platinum. He just wound up throwing in the old arcane warmth in the trade. Not too long ago, I managed to trade that arcane warmth for an arcane pulse by using the same lie.

To be quite honest, people need to learn the value of items in trade. If you don't know what you are trading or what you are trading for, you are likely to get screwed over. I'm sure some people are going to have a problem with this, but I'm a businessman, damnit!

That would be The Scammer. If you're lying about the item you are selling in order to generate a sale that's a scam. Dishonest thing to do in my book.

I find my character changing based on who i trade with, certain characters counter others.

Most often though, I am  the real deal or barterer.

One more thing, I actually message people who have their prices wrong and warn them, especially if they are buying for too much, they often thank me.

edit: I've been the matchmaker a few times, earned like 200p buying and selling cryo sets earlier.

Edited by BeeOverlord

I stalk trade chat for WTB messages as well.

Hmm... The low buyer, high seller.

Buys exclusive items than resells them for a much higher price later >3

Tip:

Sell yo slash mods fast before Baro' sells them back. Sold my Buzzkill for 300 recently. Might drop to 30 if Baro sells it back

You can try scamming someone about the value of something but can't lie to them with what something can and can't do. Irl with real business the customer can come to you and file a case...

Can we add a new character? The one who doesn't like people overstaying their business in the Dojo and will leave the Dojo game IMMEDIATELY to kick the other guy out.

(That'll be me)

He would fit under the D category. I have had those a few times. I normally say "Thank you and enjoy" after a sale. I also go over to the person and do a "Deep bow" emote before I leave as a courtesy.

Sometimes you get "host disconnected" the second you are done but the best encounter I had was a guy that immidiatly said. "You can leave now". Friendliness on such levels are rare :)

Edited by (PS4)SancticuS

Depending on mr, if they look like new players, im prolly a good samaritan but only for newbs. And a bit or barterer especially if they just started playing so they dont plan to highball you just yet i would usually throw in a prime part or set.

And does this count as a new category? Im usually what you call an auctioner, where if i have an item in high demand and my wts has multiple pm's id pit them with each other so theyd end up bumping uo their offer lol. one of my favourite pass times.

B) The poor liar

"I only have xx plat" "It is all i got plz" Which is as likely as DE will decrease the grind

Eh, there are times when I have just the exact amount of plats and state that in trade "WTB xx for zz amount of plats" and comes a seller who offers me higher than the amount of plats I got. I did specify first how much i WTB though, but ofc there are people who are poor liars who lie that they are poor too.

I would class myself as a real deal + asker.

I make the deal as agreed to most of the time, but there is usually a few seconds of pause while im busy typing either asking the buyer if their is anything else that I could sell them.

or asking the seller if they have anything else i might want.