Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is A True Space Ninja Here? :)

unknow99

/!\ Disclaimer : if you don't like stealth, sorry but this thread isn't for you man. :/ /!\ 

Hello tenno,

The question in the title is this : who plays Stealth here?!

Avoiding to sound any alarm during a mission,

killing & making sure there is no witness,

using silent weapons,

thinking twice about the path to reach the next room,

doing spy missions religiously & with a perfect triple retrieval of the data,

and avoiding invisibility powers as much as possible?

Here is one of those rare places where we'd gather to discuss whisper about the techniques of the Old ways, see what we could improve (if DE reads this : WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR STEALTH 2.0) about the stuff the tenno non-fictional ancesters used to do for a living...

ninja-3.png

Edited by unknow99

Fun fact, ninjas have nothing to do with stealth.

The were just warriors who were capable of doing stealth missions, among other things.

a ​Japanese ​fighter, ​especially in the past, who ​moves and ​acts without being ​seen and usually ​carries a ​short sword

(Definition of ninja from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

I don't want to be harsh,you know, but they were used for this kind of jobs more. :/

They fought in daylight,I agree, but they were specialized in espionage, setting fire to castles & assassinating specific targets...

Edited by unknow99

Rhino with an Opticor,
So I got the stealth weapon spot on.
just not the frame.

when I'm solo I tend to go for stealth kills, but since most people who join me tend to go guns blazing, I don't have much of a choice.

I tend to get complaints from people when I show up for a spy-mission in my Rhino,

but then I get vault A with no alarms, and they mess up B and C and we have to start over.

I'm basicly just a shiny gold Giant with a death laser running around outposts, surprisingly not getting seen by a whole lot.

Edited by BaIthazar

I'm not. I'm just a fat guy who plays video games >.>

Oh c'mon, don't be so hard with yourself man.... (but if you want to lose weight,you know what you gotta do)

I like to kill enemies, let them see me, call their friend, more to the slaughter.

Yeaaaah, not really what I'd call sneaking around... :p

aw yissss, so it's not just me?

tn0WmS4.gif

Nope, we're on the same boat. And we can trust you because you seem to know Metal Gear!

I like stealthing but I do with with Ash typically. Sometimes spawns or AI pathing get too ridiculous for my level of patience, and that's where Smoke Bomb and/or Teleport comes into play.

Very interesting point : how can it be faster for any warframe? Right now it takes double the time to do a full stealth mission.(and I'm optimistic : I've spent 30 minutes for one mission one day)

I thought i was the only one who does stealth. And the ways you posted are very similar to mine, exept that i try and

avoid killing enemies for some extra challange. :)

EDIT: Also without Ash or Loki frames.

Welcome to the silent club man. :) 

You're even more respected if you do pacific stealth runs. In fact, it must be INSANELY hard to achieve!... o.O

Rhino with an Opticor,

So I got the stealth weapon spot on.

just not the frame.

when I'm solo I tend to go for stealth kills, but since most people who join me tend to go guns blazing, I don't have much of a choice.

I tend to get complaints from people when I show up for a spy-mission in my Rhino,

but then I get vault A with no alarms, and they mess up B and C and we have to start over.

I'm basicly just a shiny gold Giant with a death laser running around outposts, surprisingly not getting seen by a whole lot.

No worries, if you are able to do it without entirely relying on powers, it means that you have mastered it...

Perhaps when DE first phrased Ninja they planned it would be like TC wants. Sadly the game isn't like that and likely more successful as a result.

The problem with indepth stealth.

1. Slow and likely will lack equilivent rewards if people play other missions faster multiple times.

2. Not PUG friendly, if missions were stealth or not compatible then as soon as someone joins who isn't in line with your play style you'll Rage. If it is a specific mission mode you still get the same head ache (Spy 2.0) if people join for whatever reason.

This would likely lead to it being solo only which isn't what DE wants to promote

True ninjas did stick with stealth. The reason is they are weak and pitiful once exposed they'd fall before the Samurai.

Personally I prefer to think of Tenno as Space Samurai.

Edited by Lightsmith

pffft who needs Ninja tactics when we have access to high powered laserguns and stuff? I still run Spy Missions stealth-only, but I prefer full-on combat.

That's understandable : this isn't the main focus of the game but an alternate gameplay. :)

I like the fact that a game got different playstyles. Really! Sometimes I'm fed up with stealth (it rarely happens) then I switch to a Survival/Defense etc...

Very interesting point : how can it be faster for any warframe? Right now it takes double the time to do a full stealth mission.(and I'm optimistic : I've spent 30 minutes for one mission one day)

Need better stealth viable pathing for unalerted enemies for starters. Ever see a group of grineer huddled together in a circle all spinning around? That needs to stop. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Warframe's procedurally generated levels are working against that.

Edited by AXCrusnik

The question in the title is this : who plays Stealth here?!

Avoiding to sound any alarm during a mission,

killing & making sure there is no witness,

using silent weapons,

thinking twice about the path to reach the next room,

doing spy missions religiously & with a perfect triple retrieval of the data,

and avoiding invisibility powers as much as possible?

I do.

Yes

Yes

Not ALL silent weapons, but I put mods like Hush and Suppress on to MAKE them silent weapons.

Not exactly

I prefer Extermination missions. Not Spy. Although on the rare occasions on which I DO do Spy, I also have a habit of doing so, flawlessly.

Yes. I main Ash Prime (Stealth or not, but I only use the one build xD) but can't say I ever think of using Smoke Screen. I use Shurriken as a last resort. Oh, you're gonna go sound the alarm? Now you're pinned up against the wall there. Oh, you've seen me? Well watch this *throws Shurriken at face*

I enjoy stealth, and try it regularly on regular missions too. The spy missions bug me a bit because of all the 'gotcha' camera's and drones, etc (generally I am lazy and just take Equinox and use Rest to sneak in to the rooms LOL)

Stealth is annoying though as it's haphazrd. On one hand, they will ignore dead bodies and step right over them....but if they SEE you, then all of a sudden enemies even 3 tiles over suddenly know you are there. Huh??

It just makes it frustrating when the game clearly isn't designed for stealth. So it's fun to try to do a mission all stealth sometimes, but can not do it all the time just from a frustration point.

Perhaps when DE first phrased Ninja they planned it would be like TC wants. Sadly the game isn't like that and likely more successful as a result.

The problem with indepth stealth.

1. Slow and likely will lack equilivent rewards if people play other missions faster multiple times.

2. Not PUG friendly, if missions were stealth or not compatible then as soon as someone joins who isn't in line with your play style you'll Rage. If it is a specific mission mode you still get the same head ache (Spy 2.0) if people join for whatever reason.

This would likely lead to it being solo only which isn't what DE wants to promote

True ninjas did stick with stealth. The reason is they are weak and pitiful once exposed they'd fall before the Samurai.

Personally I prefer to think of Tenno as Space Samurai.

1. Yes.YES! Stealth needs to be more rewarding. You can get a lot of XP from it, but what are you going to do when your weapons are maxed? You can get the event mods with the excellent Spy 2.0 missions,but what will you do with all these mods?Ok you can trade (my main platinum income is based on that) but once everyone got these mods & they're not even worth a slice of bread, what's next?

That needs attention : this community clearly needs incentives to try other things.

2. This is more a problem of mentality or something : I can tell you that you have a higher chance of having people doing stealth with you if you join beginners. These guys want to experience different stuff. Try it with a MR 10 guy who never did anything outside of Rambo gun blazing & you'll end up trying to be a camouflaged sniper with a pink elephant by his side... :/

However,if you manage to find such a group, I tell you man : these are part of the best co-op experiences you can get!! (you split in 2 groups for data vaults, someone secure one door while the others do something,etc...)

Need better stealth viable pathing for unalerted enemies for starters. Ever see a group of grineer huddled together in a circle all spinning around? That needs to stop. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Warframe's procedurally generated levels are working against that.

THIS bug, this bug is frustrating. I think that they can fix it without deleting the procedural map generation, but this bug is really getting on my nerves!

The only tips I have is this : using Glaive/Kestrel/Halikar with Power throw and enough damage to one hit everyone. (if you're lucky there's just one guy really spinning around and killing him with a well placed arrow won't affect the others when they aren't looking)

I do.

Yes

Yes

Not ALL silent weapons, but I put mods like Hush and Suppress on to MAKE them silent weapons.

Not exactly

I prefer Extermination missions. Not Spy. Although on the rare occasions on which I DO do Spy, I also have a habit of doing so, flawlessly.

Yes. I main Ash Prime (Stealth or not, but I only use the one build xD) but can't say I ever think of using Smoke Screen. I use Shurriken as a last resort. Oh, you're gonna go sound the alarm? Now you're pinned up against the wall there. Oh, you've seen me? Well watch this *throws Shurriken at face*

Alright, as long as you don't just press 2 and pretend to be the reincarnation of Sam Fisher while you're shotgunning everything in sight, it's good!

You reminded me that Ash's shuriken are silent now... I'll test. :)

1. Yes.YES! Stealth needs to be more rewarding. You can get a lot of XP from it, but what are you going to do when your weapons are maxed? You can get the event mods with the excellent Spy 2.0 missions,but what will you do with all these mods?Ok you can trade (my main platinum income is based on that) but once everyone got these mods & they're not even worth a slice of bread, what's next?

That needs attention : this community clearly needs incentives to try other things.

2. This is more a problem of mentality or something : I can tell you that you have a higher chance of having people doing stealth with you if you join beginners. These guys want to experience different stuff. Try it with a MR 10 guy who never did anything outside of Rambo gun blazing & you'll end up trying to be a camouflaged sniper with a pink elephant by his side... :/

However,if you manage to find such a group, I tell you man : these are part of the best co-op experiences you can get!! (you split in 2 groups for data vaults, someone secure one door while the others do something,etc...)

@1 this is an issue with every game out there. So far no solution has been found in the gaming realm.

@2 I do agree it would be fun, but MR10, is that noob now? The issue I bring up is the rage that would happen to all of those who try to join a group and someone ruins it or a person pops in and wrecks it. This would build player frustration and that leaves to people quitting.

I think DE isn't big on preformed groups being a norm, currently that has contributed to the death of the solar system. Any solution that relies heavily on preformed groups is unlikely to happen. I just try imagining a PUG Draco run, regardless of frames, just trying to get people to only cap 2 is an ordeal.

Finding a stealth solution that avoids this problem is the difficulty.

@1 this is an issue with every game out there. So far no solution has been found in the gaming realm.

@2 I do agree it would be fun, but MR10, is that noob now? The issue I bring up is the rage that would happen to all of those who try to join a group and someone ruins it or a person pops in and wrecks it. This would build player frustration and that leaves to people quitting.

I think DE isn't big on preformed groups being a norm, currently that has contributed to the death of the solar system. Any solution that relies heavily on preformed groups is unlikely to happen. I just try imagining a PUG Draco run, regardless of frames, just trying to get people to only cap 2 is an ordeal.

Finding a stealth solution that avoids this problem is the difficulty.

Yeah, I get it : what if we had a little indicator or an icon telling "I want to Rambo", "I want to explore & break all the containers I see", "I want to sneak around"? Perhaps the guy who joins the mission could look at it, see that all the other icons  are the same & adapt in consequence?

What do you think?

WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR STEALTH 2.0

ninja-3.png

This pet doesn't seem to want regular pet food, it's so angry it want to eat human souls...

(saved the pic)

Edited by unknow99

Welcome to the silent club man. :)

You're even more respected if you do pacific stealth runs. In fact, it must be INSANELY hard to achieve!... o.O

While it is to a degree, it is incredibly rewarding. The feeling of completing a stealth mission without killing anyone makes you feel like a real ninja.

Obsrerving my prey from above, like on a zipline, makes you feel like an eagle, having the entire field in your vision, planning your move as you observe the patroll routes of the enemy.

The only times when i have to kill an enemy, is when they glitch out and there is no way around him, especialy if a group of them clogs a door due to faulty and broken Ai (I amde a whole thraed about Stealth and Ai system being broken ever since i start playing, wich has yet to be fixed).