Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confession Time...

(XBOX)DaBoogieMan2741

so does anyone who play with warframes differently/opposite of what they should?

i treat exalibur like a tank. just jat kittag and high armor health mods, little shields/energy and soon sobek/brakk thrown in for a super impact/blast build

i use loki as a vanguard. forget clone/invis/and teleport. nothing but high shields/health, no primary/secondary... scindo prime only

nekros is my ninja shadow clone master with his veil helm and final ability zero care for anything else.

just curious. how do you play the game that is called warframe?

I use a DPS-Trinity.  Utilizing Link as a weapon with high explosives.  There aren't many such users around anymore and I think people start ignoring me when I mention some casual builds for enemy levels under 60 utilizing the lightning rod (for infested/corpus) and diamond skin (for grineer/corrupted) mods.

Listening to metal running my SotD build Nekros meant to make him a tank. Tank nekros basically. Combined with terrify nekros becomes a great reviver. Though I am missing  a mod or 2 to complete my build since I cant be bothered to do vault runs lately. I love using it with the karyst and rakta ballistica and then I switch primary weapons around (though I like using the rakta cernos [because hail the veil I guess. I love the red veil and can't wait for a rakta melee since i love melee weapons. Still sad about no rakta ignis or just a veil flamethrower])

All of this I do while listening to metal. Call me cliche, but I am a metalhead necromancer who loves the veil and wants a better flamethrower or for a more viable flamethrower at least. Or an ignis remodel. 

I go to earth with excal.P  equipped with paris.P / lex.P / dakra.p. everything unmodded.

I call it: newb prime.

I treat myself more as an NPC when I'm with new players.
 E.G I don't shoot unless they shoot, I follow them and let them lead, if they want to me to take out a target, I take it out.

If you're bored, I highly suggest trying this play style.

when I first got volt, I hooked him up with max str mods and colored him like a certain hedgehog...
I would bind my speed ability to also type out "gotta go fast" or "you're too slow" when I pressed it.... the results were... amusing

VERY! AMUSING! ಠ‿ಠ

Edited by RIOTx

I use a DPS-Trinity.  Utilizing Link as a weapon with high explosives.  There aren't many such users around anymore and I think people start ignoring me when I mention some casual builds for enemy levels under 60 utilizing the lightning rod (for infested/corpus) and diamond skin (for grineer/corrupted) mods.

eh more of a matter of cleaner and faster ways to kill enemies of lower and higher levels exist and most of them dont carry self risk and allow you to stop licking the floor for more than a couple seconds at at time. people ignore link bombing trinity not simply because it was nerfed but because they get tired of aiming at the floor all day.

All of this I do while listening to metal. 

^

This + sacrifice everything to increase the speed.

Not that I rush missions, far from it infact ..

Going faster means you can get to every nook on that level and find every tasty morsel and drop.

If it's on the level, I want to collect it.

eh more of a matter of cleaner and faster ways to kill enemies of lower and higher levels exist and most of them dont carry self risk and allow you to stop licking the floor for more than a couple seconds at at time. people ignore link bombing trinity not simply because it was nerfed but because they get tired of aiming at the floor all day.

Well that's the only response I've gotten so I guess I'll have to trust your opinion on it.

I go to earth with excal.P  equipped with paris.P / lex.P / dakra.p. everything unmodded.

E.G I don't shoot unless they shoot, I follow them and let them lead, if they want to me to take out a target, I take it out.

suuure..can i have your excal p. just so i can rub it in my clanmates face who has frost prime while i dont... xp 

All of this I do while listening to metal. Call me cliche, but I am a metalhead necromancer who loves the veil and wants a better flamethrower or for a more viable flamethrower at least. Or an ignis remodel. 

oh mai gawd!!! because of you im now gna go build oberon, paint him black with the most metal looking regalia, max build for reckoning and blast bodies hit the floor now while spamming it

oh mai gawd!!! because of you im now gna go build oberon, paint him black with the most metal looking regalia, max build for reckoning and blast bodies hit the floor now while spamming it

Nah. One thing I used to do was make my excal prime into a fiery viking with a flaming sword and play the song destroyer of the universe by amon amarth. Also, my name is surtur so doing that to excal prime was obligatory.

Though when atlas comes out I will get him the dual axes or the ack and brunt and turn atlas into a butcher or something focused on his first ability. When I get bored I make weird warframe builds based on bands or songs. Nekros is a necromancer so he is just generally metal. Though atlas' stone wall ability might be my iridium (by dark tranquility) frames because we don't have a frame that summons meteors (though an astronomy frame could be awesome)

Edit: Or an excal blind build or nekros terrify build for the song blinded by fear (by at the gates, but I prefer the fleshgod apocalypse cover(

Edited by Surtur

I've got a nuker build for Limbo that basically is maximum range/strength and minimum cost/duration. Basically uses Cataclysms as bombs, which is amazingly effective at low levels. It's like a Miasma that you can place anywhere instantly.

I've been accused of hacking with the build, which I considered a win.

If you're bored, I highly suggest trying this play style.

when I first got volt, I hooked him up with max str mods and colored him like a certain hedgehog...

I would bind my speed ability to also type out "gotta go fast" or "you're too slow" when I pressed it.... the results were... amusing

VERY! AMUSING! ಠ‿ಠ

I love you xD

I always use Excal as a tank... a versatile tank, but he is good for just face punching everything in the game at "face" value... lol...

Nekros is also used a tank as he has some good qualities for reviving allies in tight stiuations with his shadows of the dead, and terrify.

As for everything else... I try to tank with it... If it can't be used in a versatile tanking situation I might not ever use it again... True story... I haven't touched Nova in forever, and when I use Trinity(Which has been EXTREMELY RARE since the last time I used her was when abilites were mods, and even then I never equipped them... I did try some time after the latest updates to her still found it takes too long for set up) I never use her abilites, and just mod her to tank punches to the face as its simply takes too long to bother with set up for her abilites...

Edited by Arlayn

Traps galore Mirage. Max Duration and Range with some eff. Run around spamming Sleight of Hand (SoH) and laughing maniacally as you lie in wait for your victims fall into the ever so tempting traps you have laid. *Evil Chuckling*
Side note, because it reduces the CD of the lasers in Orokin Def missions by half, it actually works pretty decently if you have frames to hold enemies off until you can spam lasers again. Also, because it's pretty similar to the Prism build, it can put out some decent CC.

Edited by MujonaNoYagami

I've got a nuker build for Limbo that basically is maximum range/strength and minimum cost/duration. Basically uses Cataclysms as bombs, which is amazingly effective at low levels. It's like a Miasma that you can place anywhere instantly.

I've been accused of hacking with the build, which I considered a win.

Hey i use that build too! Its pretty fun.

Sometimes I like to play a full power strength, negative duration, Volt build with Capacitance. The strategy is to beat them down/keep them stunned with Shock and Overload, and keep yours and the squads shield overshielded constantly, because it's a very direct combat strategy and you'll be taking a lot of hits on the front line. 

Surprisingly, with efficiency mods, flow and some range, this build is surprisingly effective. As weird and unexpected a build it is to run, I've never had anyone complain about it (although who could complain about free overshields and constantly stunned enemies?) And while I may not always kill them, I get lots of assists helping tear their health down. This was especially effective against enemies in the recent Proxy Rebellion. 

It's also pretty funny to mess around with a Vauban build designed for Bounce, with a heavy melee weapon and heavy impact lol. Not really what people expect from Booben, but extremely enjoyable to play. 

Edited by Tesseract7777