Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is The Year Of Quality?!

Stone772

Why do we have forums when the dev's don't give a damn about what we write here? Some of the feedbacks and ideas you read on here would be simple to apply and would change Warframe for the better. But none of it ever gets implemented or considered. 

The game lacks immersion. The enemies are dreadfully boring. Fodder missions are TEDIOUS to play because of how boring they are. THE SOLUTIONS ARE HERE, written by the players, yet never to be consulted by anyone who works at DE who could apply the changes to make Warframe immersive. THIS GAME HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL; if only you took the good and left the bad from the forums, Warframe would be a game players wouldn't keep getting bored with so quickly.

So what's the point of the forum?

What's the point of DE promising that 2015 was going to be the "Year of Quality" for Warframe if they don't give a damn? Because so far, the "Year of Quality" has been quite the let-down, and it's nearing its end. 

If this is what DE has in mind in terms of quality, I'm more disappointed than I'd like to admit. 

Parkour rework, frame reworks, new content, numerous QoL tweaks, lore additions... Gee, I dunno.

But yeah, why don't they just do everything the community says and instantly do it regardless of how much work it takes, where it sits on the priority list and how it meshes with the rest of the game? Let's all just devbash because they're not doing what you want, lol

You lot need to quit shouting "YEAR OF QUALITY" whenever something doesn't go the way you want it to.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Warframe would be a game players wouldn't keep getting bored with so quickly. 

DE is clearly happy with the number of players they have. Players (on Steam) have never been this many, and it is number 10 on Steam. So, from the popular success argument, Warframe is as good and popular as it has ever been.

Sure it could be better. DE is taking huge amounts of time between updates - mostly because most of the changes and reworks (Parcour, Maps, Focus, essential mods, a whole new faction) are amongst the most ambitious ever.

However, is this your idea of a thread of quality? This isn't constructive feedback, it's rather close to devs bashing (moan moan they ignore us I'm le disappoint).

I once remember a reply from DE to me saying....

....."Rest assured your voice will be heard on the forum"....(when posting threads with ideas)

So do they IGNORE THREADS?

tumblr_lvlzc9QStE1qcvyp7.gif

But Useless Threads?

harry17.gif

Most feedback gets taken into account by someone.

Expecting them to reply to feedback, however, is stupid, given the amount of topics overall.

Most feedback gets taken into account by someone.

Expecting them to reply to feedback, however, is stupid, given the amount of topics overall.

Exactly. It is my understanding they have people who are paid to read through all of the feedback, and it's clear from comments from Danielle, Megan, Rebecca, etc when they lock or comment on threads, that they have read everything people had to say. 

But they could hire lots more people and still wouldn't have the time to reply to even a small minority of the comments. And while they read all or most actual feedback, it doesn't mean they can always please everyone. 

If they listened to literally all feedback on the forums and implemented it into the game, we would have several different versions of the game because the community rarely even comes close to a real consensus on what they want. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I've actually been quite satisfied with this year, but tbh, it didn't feel like a whole lot of quality as opposed to quantity, given that it's been a whole year, and the only significant things (at least to me) that happened were the parkour rework, the frost rework, and then the excalibur nerf (the one after the nerf he got via the parkour rework).

IDK, I don't think it was a bad year, but it definitely feels like it's been a year of quantity more than anything else.

Parkour rework, frame reworks, new content, numerous QoL tweaks, lore additions... Gee, I dunno.

But yeah, why don't they just do everything the community says and instantly do it regardless of how much work it takes, where it sits on the priority list and how it meshes with the rest of the game? Let's all just devbash because they're not doing what you want, lol

The parkour isn't something they made on a whim this year, it took a long time to create, it's not something we can link to this year as though they just developed it now. I love parkour 2.0 but that's pretty much all they gave us. 

New content always comes out, Warframe reworks will always come through, they'll always keep adding new content, and the other semantics you mentioned are staple. They should always be a part of updates and hotfix rotations. It shouldn't be "something special" that just gets added on the "year of quality."

You can't possibly claim that the game doesn't lack immersion. The combat is dull. It's easy. It's repetitive, missions are repetitive, and myself and countless players go offline for days or even weeks on end without feeling like playing the game. Perhaps that hasn't happened to you yet. But I'm not the only player who's been talking about this; it's all over the forums, and it needs to reach the dev's, but it doesn't. They have their own plan and they shut their ears beyond that. This isn't "what I want", I'm just seeing the ideas being thrown out here and getting lots of attention and approval, but never getting mentioned in Prime Times, by dev's in forums, for months on end after the idea was shared. Meanwhile, the playerbase suffers and grows thin as many people lose interest. It's not because you're not one of them that it's all sunshine and rainbows. 

I'm not saying DE hasn't been at work, I'm saying they're not focusing on what matters. 

Why do we have forums when the dev's don't give a damn about what we write here? Some of the feedbacks and ideas you read on here would be simple to apply and would change Warframe for the better. But none of it ever gets implemented or considered.

Uhhh... Because most of the "feedback" posted in this forum is utter nonsense?

For example: This thread.

Uhhh... Because most of the "feedback" posted in this forum is utter nonsense?

For example: This thread.

Yes, this is a rant. Yes, there are some posts that should be overlooked. As I said, one should take from the good and leave out the bad. 

Innovative ideas have been floating around the forums for so long but all DE wants to do is keep releasing new to stuff to sell to make money. That doesn't keep a community alive. It'll get you cash from the impulse buyers, of course. But the loyal playerbase is neglected, and has been proposing fantastic ideas for months that have gone unheard when they could solve so many things. 

I've actually been quite satisfied with this year, but tbh, it didn't feel like a whole lot of quality as opposed to quantity, given that it's been a whole year, and the only significant things (at least to me) that happened were the parkour rework, the frost rework, and then the excalibur nerf (the one after the nerf he got via the parkour rework).

IDK, I don't think it was a bad year, but it definitely feels like it's been a year of quantity more than anything else.

Freaking thank you!

They read feedback they just don't always respond to them. Also i think they might miss some of the feedback because of time zones.

And I'm not saying everything needs to be replied to, I'm saying it's being swept under the rug.

Exactly. It is my understanding they have people who are paid to read through all of the feedback, and it's clear from comments from Danielle, Megan, Rebecca, etc when they lock or comment on threads, that they have read everything people had to say. 

But they could hire lots more people and still wouldn't have the time to reply to even a small minority of the comments. And while they read all or most actual feedback, it doesn't mean they can always please everyone. 

If they listened to literally all feedback on the forums and implemented it into the game, we would have several different versions of the game because the community rarely even comes close to a real consensus on what they want. 

They hire those people to make it seem like they're all-ears, and that's good for appearances, yes. But those employees aren't the ones who make the changes, and those who make the changes have their own plans. And it involves not what the players want or what the game needs. It involves one thing: $.

And no they can't please everyone. But the game lacks immersion, it gets boring fast, and many missions and invasions are a pain to play because of how repetitive and boring they are. That affects everyone, and better combat is something that everyone would enjoy. Of course you can't please everyone. Of course you can't apply a new update for everything that's in the forums. But there's good content here that could solve many things that goes unheard. Like I said, take from the good and leave out the bad.

Warframe would be a game players wouldn't keep getting bored with so quickly.

What? XD Warframe IS NOT a game where people get bored quickly.

FTFY:

The game lacks immersion. The enemies are dreadfully boring. Fodder missions are TEDIOUS to play because of how boring they are. THE SOLUTIONS ARE HERE, written by the players, yet never to be consulted by anyone who works at DE who could apply the changes to make Warframe immersive. THIS GAME HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL; if only you took the good and left the bad from the forums, Warframe would be a game players wouldn't keep getting bored with so quickly.

So what's the point of the forum?

What's the point of DE promising that 2015 was going to be the "Year of Quality" for Warframe if they don't give a damn? Because so far, the "Year of Quality" has been quite the let-down, and it's nearing its end. 

If this is what DE has in mind in terms of quality, I'm more disappointed than I'd like to admit. 

It's here! :D Thank you DE, we love you <3

DE is clearly happy with the number of players they have. Players (on Steam) have never been this many, and it is number 10 on Steam. So, from the popular success argument, Warframe is as good and popular as it has ever been.

The game is boring. The early grind is tedious. Players either drop out then, or are impulse buyers who buy a bunch of plat to forge ahead faster. Then they get bored by how repetitive the combat is, and leave. They amassed a huge amount of capital from Steam, because most regular Steam users will buy anything the moment it's on sale, simply because it's on sale. "I might as well get this before it gets more expensive in case I wanna play it later."  I'm not that way, but the memes about this have been out for a long time. 

The Steam numbers don't = active players. A Steam is smothered by impulse buyers. That's why their numbers look high.

They hire those people to make it seem like they're all-ears, and that's good for appearances, yes. But those employees aren't the ones who make the changes, and those who make the changes have their own plans. And it involves not what the players want or what the game needs. It involves one thing: $.

And no they can't please everyone. But the game lacks immersion, it gets boring fast, and many missions and invasions are a pain to play because of how repetitive and boring they are. That affects everyone, and better combat is something that everyone would enjoy. Of course you can't please everyone. Of course you can't apply a new update for everything that's in the forums. But there's good content here that could solve many things that goes unheard. Like I said, take from the good and leave out the bad.

I understand your frustration. You have ideas that you believe would be excellent for the game, and you've also seen a lot of other ideas proposed by others that you feel the same about, and sometimes it feels like nothing is being done about it -- or at least not nearly fast enough. I feel that way myself sometimes, but my point is that it's hard for them to do more than that. 

Those people bring our ideas to the people who do have the power to decide, and then they decide whether they will/will not take that feedback into account (or how they will take it into account if they do). I think your being a little overly cynical about the money thing. Of course money is involved somewhat because if the game doesn't make a profit then it will be shut down and it won't be here for anyone to play. But remember the developers are creative type people with a vision for the game they want to see to fruition. It's not just about money, it's also about fulfilling the vision they have for the game, and sometimes that vision will run counter to what a fair amount of players want. 

I agree there are some ideas I wish they would take, and some they have gone with that I disagree with. But my overall point is that they are trying to listen to us, they are trying to please the community and at least they read our feedback. Sometimes I don't like the direction they go either, but in the end the best we can do is keep giving quality feedback and hope we get through to them. They have shown in the past they can be very reasonable if lots of us give our feedback in a well thought out manner on an issue. 

I don't think being upset with them will solve anything. I think the fact of the matter is they only have so much time to read all our feedback and implement and discuss all our ideas, so we just need to really continue to suggest the most important ideas and explain why, constantly. And they will hear us. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

What? XD Warframe IS NOT a game where people get bored quickly.

Oh, please. It's not because you enjoy the easy and unchallenging and repetitive combat that everyone else does. The enemies are just bullet fodder that barely reacts to anything. And they're that way in every mission. You can't possibly think that this is fun to the majority of the people who've tried out Warframe. 

I'm glad you're having fun, and I've had a blast with Warframe too, but this is getting dull, very quickly. Because it lacks immersion.

And no they can't please everyone. But the game lacks immersion, it gets boring fast, and many missions and invasions are a pain to play because of how repetitive and boring they are. That affects everyone, and better combat is something that everyone would enjoy. Of course you can't please everyone.

Not everyone is getting bored fast. You only can't please people who can't have fun because they can't play properly. The game is fun if you can play it (play =/= farm endlessly). Constantly change your loadout before missions. Do even moar parkour. Try some style killing. Cripple your effective builds. Play syndicate daily missions, PvP, archwing and less void. You'll have fun then.

And play with your friends. Teamwork or quite the opposite (trolling each other with Loki, Limbo, Nova, Vauban, lasers, friendly-fire after radiation procs, elevators) make the fun too :D

Oh, please. It's not because you enjoy the easy and unchallenging and repetitive combat that everyone else does. The enemies are just bullet fodder that barely reacts to anything. And they're that way in every mission. You can't possibly think that this is fun to the majority of the people who've tried out Warframe. 

I'm glad you're having fun, and I've had a blast with Warframe too, but this is getting dull, very quickly. Because it lacks immersion.

Yeah, bring a Saryn and EV Trinity for an awesome entertaining Mercury exterminate mission and have fun! {sarcasm} It's unchallenging because you go wrong places with wrong equipment =P

The game is good, cut the thing with "no year of quality" pls.

Edited by Raniu

I understand your frustration. You have ideas that you believe would be excellent for the game, and you've also seen a lot of other ideas proposed by others that you feel the same about, and sometimes it feels like nothing is being done about it -- or at least not nearly fast enough. I feel that way myself sometimes, but my point is that it's hard for them to do more than that. 

Those people bring our ideas to the people who do have the power to decide, and then they decide whether they will/will not take that feedback into account (or how they will take it into account if they do). I think your being a little overly cynical about the money thing. Of course money is involved somewhat because if the game doesn't make a profit then it will be shut down and it won't be here for anyone to play. But remember the developers are creative type people with a vision for the game they want to see to fruition. It's not just about money, it's also about fulfilling the vision they have for the game, and sometimes that vision will run counter to what a fair amount of players want. 

I agree there are some ideas I wish they would take, and some they have gone with that I disagree with. But my overall point is that they are trying to listen to us, they are trying to please the community and at least they read our feedback. Sometimes I don't like the direction they go either, but in the end the best we can do is keep giving quality feedback and hope we get through to them. They have shown in the past they can be very reasonable if lots of us give our feedback in a well thought out manner on an issue. 

I don't think being upset with them will solve anything. I think the fact of the matter is they only have so much time to read all our feedback and implement and discuss all our ideas, so we just need to really continue to suggest the most important ideas and explain why, constantly. And they will hear us. 

If everyone could just explain their stance as maturely as you can instead of being a dismissive &#036;&amp;*^ such as some people have been above...

What you read makes me sad. But I agree. :(

I just really want the game to be fun. And the combat is not fun anymore... Not for me and not for many. 

this thread survived 30 minutes. Must be the hour. The phrase " don't like it, don't play it " it's perfect for OP.

I like Warframe, I love the game, and if I didn't care for it, I wouldn't be spending time in the forums at all.

I'm here saying this because I care. That's why anyone does anything. When people don't care, they don't bother. Common sense. 

If enemies are bulletfodder, maybe you should stop using bullet weapons... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I used to think like you, until I stopped using boring assault weapons.

I agree on your other point about the immersion. Give us lore, DE! More neutral animals and terrain hazards. Grineer getting eaten by those sandfish, or Corpus getting roasted by a jet engine really bring missions alive - the game needs more of those dynamic events that aren't planned but just happen.

T1 Void tower giving T2 keys as a reward... hmmm yup! Enjoyable... NOT!...

Now it's impossible to farm for prime parts that only obtainable from T1 Runs, as the whole table is filled with T2 keys...

Just a feedback.

We need a Community Mod who side with better game-play & has the Stamp of Toxic to warn others of the level of Toxicity.

Edited by low1991

Not everyone is getting bored fast. You only can't please people who can't have fun because they can't play properly. The game is fun if you can play it (play =/= farm endlessly). Constantly change your loadout before missions. Do even moar parkour. Try some style killing. Cripple your effective builds. Play syndicate daily missions, PvP, archwing and less void. You'll have fun then.

And play with your friends. Teamwork or quite the opposite (trolling each other with Loki, Limbo, Nova, Vauban, lasers, friendly-fire after radiation procs, elevators) make the fun too :D

Yeah, bring a Saryn and EV Trinity for an awesome entertaining Mercury exterminate mission and have fun! {sarcasm} It's unchallenging because you go wrong places with wrong equipment =P

The game is good, cut the thing with "no quality" pls.

Trust me, I'm doing those things, and I've been enjoying Warframe for a loooong time. But the combat is just too repetitive. No matter what loadout I try, I just don't feel like starting up missions anymore... I do like a challenge and I always go to the hardest missions I can, but getting killed in 2 shots isn't challenging, it's the illusion of challenge. It's me just slapping high numbers on an enemy to make him seem hard when there's no firefight, no nothing. It may be hard, it may be BS, but it's not challenging. 

And please man/miss, I never said "no quality", I said I thought it was a let-down and that I was disappointed with DE's take on "quality" because they're developers I've loved so much but they're not living up to the community.

yeah well, ranting =overcaring too much. You know ,like RE fanboys and their " this is not the survival horror we keep asking for" when capcom knows that action shooter = more sells. This is similar. DE want us to have fun, get everything for free (except cosmetics) but you have to survive a grindfest. Making the AI better for an MMO is not that easy. Have you seen wow? enemies are mindless damage sponges.

If enemies are bulletfodder, maybe you should stop using bullet weapons... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I used to think like you, until I stopped using boring assault weapons.

I agree on your other point about the immersion. Give us lore, DE! More neutral animals and terrain hazards. Grineer getting eaten by those sandfish, or Corpus getting roasted by a jet engine really bring missions alive - the game needs more of those dynamic events that aren't planned but just happen.

I've used all the weapon types available until they all grew boring. And they didn't get boring because the weapons are boring, they grew boring because the enemies are. 

And I agree with the last part of your reply, but the enemies need more than that, they need to be more engaging, more challenging, not just be standing in line to die, and simply fall in 2 shots while you move on to the next group of targets. 

But I'm not the only player who's been talking about this; it's all over the forums, and it needs to reach the dev's, but it doesn't. They have their own plan and they shut their ears beyond that. This isn't "what I want", I'm just seeing the ideas being thrown out here and getting lots of attention and approval, but never getting mentioned in Prime Times, by dev's in forums, for months on end after the idea was shared. 

Do you not understand how many posts this forum has, or how much manpower and time it would take to respond to these ideas? Not only are they not required to do what the community says, they actually do take a lot of feedback into account. Just because they don't talk about it all the time means nothing.

"They have their own plan and shut their ears beyond that" is just painfully inaccurate if you even glance at anything they've done. Tweaking frames for the PLAYERS to enjoy more, changing things based on PLAYER feedback, introducing PLAYER-MADE enemies, weapons and frames into the game... are you just missing all this?

And stop acting like you speak for a majority. You really don't.

Edited by AdunSaveMe