Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Glaive Prime: X3 Damage

(PSN)Snowbluff

yes i agree a 1800 hit for a throw on a melee weapon is just not enough we need 3000+ glaive P probably doesn't need more damage its rather OP already if you know how to bounce it but hell if i care lets give it a buff i use it so much i would not care it it was made OP as all hell

Both Glaives need a buff. Speaking ov Glaives- still no sight of the puncture one.

Meh, I hope they just buff Glaive/P instead of 'fixing' the throwing weapon class by releasing the new one with a ton of damage.

Manual detonation will save you mod slot haha. I think that's a good enough reason for DE not to buff it.

What is this? This isn't help at all. Most glaives are thrown from the wrist. :s

Both Glaives need a buff. Speaking ov Glaives- still no sight of the puncture one.

Halikar is a puncture throwing weapon and afaik you can use the proto glaive skin on it

Manual detonation will save you mod slot haha. I think that's a good enough reason for DE not to buff it.

what if you want to use it offhand though?

This would make me very (very) happy...

But that would be hella OP.

Just make "thrown" damage affect the damage of Glaive when it is "thrown" in the stance combos.

Or maybe you could have the explosion damage unchanged and have only the damage of the glaive making contact be buffed.

glaive prime

the only prime weapon in the game that has exactly the same stats as its normal counterpart

(except for the teeny tiny flight speed/attack speed difference)

its the only prime, thats not a prime

(ok maybe akbronco prime too >_<)

The Glaive Prime is definitely a bit underwhelming outside of stealth, and while the faster flight speed compared to the original is nice, compared to most other primes it's a pretty insubstantial buff. Maybe x3 damage is a bit excessive though.

Although since it's been vaulted anyway, I can't imagine it receiving a buff anytime soon.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I have no idea what you all are thinking, the Glaive prime is fine where it is in terms of damage. The only thing that needs to be fixed is the "charge time" being longer when it is equipped rather than when you just throw it when your gun is equipped (this issue exists with all thrown melee). That aside, if the damage is increased then the potential self damage (when you happen to hit that barrier that you are aiming over or to the side of) needs to be reduced. Right now, with a formulaic build, it is enough to virtually kill a user who is not using a more tanky frame.

Halikar is a puncture throwing weapon and afaik you can use the proto glaive skin on it

Halikar doesn't count as a weapon because its targeting AI is stupidly broken, rendering the whole thing all but useless.

Agreed. 20-something slash damage with no status or crit flavor is pretty weak. Exploding it during a throw seems to be the only way to use it effectively.

Increase it's damage and make it auto-lock to enemies once it hits a surface, gives a use to the bounce mods. Gives a choice to go with the explosion method for tougher enemies or bounce method for the cannon fodder.      

Increase it's damage and make it auto-lock to enemies once it hits a surface

This is what I'd like to see. Autolocking like Helios' headseeking Deconstructor does would give players a nice reason to equip Rebound, while the traditional Quick Return + Power Throw combo stays nice and effective in its own way.