Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Landslide's Probably Gonna Get Nerfed

Vargras

And I say this as someone who's pretty much exclusively been playing Atlas since the moment he dropped. The buffs today were awesome, and much needed, but might have gone a little... too far in the case of his first ability.

The scaling on this thing is absolutely insane now. It's not uncommon to get hits in the thousands, if not tens of thousands -- higher if it's a crit. If this were an ult, I'd be holding my tongue, seeing as Excalibur and Valkyr can put out similar numbers. But it's not. It's only his first ability, and this thing deals AOE damage too. A single punch (with only the 2x bonus) absolutely obliterates most everything on higher levels. A second (at 4x damage) is usually more than enough to finish off anything that's still alive.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty awesome to basically be One Punch Man in Warframe. Feels more than a little unfair to Excalibur and Valkyr though.

They might remove the crit aspect of it, i dunno.

But Excal and Valkyr are a lot more...safer. Excal can lifesteal, so can Valkyr. Plus Valkyr is immortal.

You can just as easily pop Lifestrike on Atlas too. Landslide already builds up his melee combo meter, so you're more or less encouraged to heavily use melee on him (and he's a great candidate for a Rage build).

The damage would probably be more than fine if it couldn't crit, but it's pretty nuts right now. Again, mostly because it's only his 1 and it's capable of AOE damage too.

Is this before, or after U17.6.2? Becuase they just buffed it.

After the buff. I'm of the opinion that it did need to be buffed, but I feel like it might have been way too much.

I mean, I was easily hitting 20k+ punches on level 40+ Gunners earlier. This is on a 1st ability which also gets cheaper with each use -- every other warframe has to use an ult to hit that kind of damage. Not to mention the fact that Landslide also deals AOE damage around Atlas each time you use it.

It went from 0 to 60 pretty damn quick after the buff.

Edited by Vargras

i think it's okay.

The range and the attention needed balances it.

Compare it to Ultimates that do high damage with other effects.

It think it's ideal for his kit as it is the primary source of damage.

i think it's okay.

The range and the attention needed balances it.

Compare it to Ultimates that do high damage with other effects.

It think it's ideal for his kit as it is the primary source of damage.

It is true that you have to be looking around pretty quickly in order to pick up more targets to keep the chain going, but the range on it is fairly generous (even moreso with range mods). As I've mentioned before, in terms of the cost and the damage it can put out, I just feel like it's way too much for a first ability.

I can't even think of any other that can come close, aside from maybe Ash's Shuriken, but that still pales in comparison.

The caveat is that you have to be in close CLOSE quarter combat. 

Finally he seems like...wait for it..a brawler!

Yet unfortunately you cannot life steal with Landslide with Lifestike on your melee since channeling while using LS seems to have no effect.

The caveat is that you have to be in close CLOSE quarter combat. 

Finally he seems like...wait for it..a brawler!

I'm aware of what he's supposed to be.

I'm simply saying that easily doing 10-20k+ damage in an area with a first ability is a little silly. Because it is.

It is pretty much capped at 6.25 energy per cast (cannot go below 6.25 energy due to 75% cap) so that is kinda compensating imo ?

Don't forget excal sword beams can go for a lot further than Atlas fists do and the drain per second is actually lower than Atlas per cast and Valkyr just hits a looot harder on top of invulnerability.

It is true that you have to be looking around pretty quickly in order to pick up more targets to keep the chain going, but the range on it is fairly generous (even moreso with range mods). As I've mentioned before, in terms of the cost and the damage it can put out, I just feel like it's way too much for a first ability.

I can't even think of any other that can come close, aside from maybe Ash's Shuriken, but that still pales in comparison.

What about damage per energy spent?

EB only consumes .63 energy per second and dish out far greater amounts of damage with the passive blind and auto parry.

It is pretty much capped at 6.25 energy per cast (cannot go below 6.25 energy due to 75% cap) so that is kinda compensating imo ?

Don't forget excal sword beams can go for a lot further than Atlas fists do and the drain per second is actually lower than Atlas per cast and Valkyr just hits a looot harder on top of invulnerability.

You're comparing ultimates to a first ability. Additionally, Excalibur and Valkyr have to move on their own (and Excalibur has to aim the sword beams a bit). Atlas just charges right to them and bops them in the face.

Yhea but if you begin to compare warframe abilities then all the warframe need to be nerfed, is like "is unfair that saryn ulti do to much damage and volt ulti with the same energy cost dont", and by the other side, he is a "brawler" frame and his first skill is like his core abilitie, you must close to much to an enemie to do that, imagine that with a heavy gunner lvl70 with nulliefiers lvl70 is a risk skill in those cases.

Edited by chofranc

Yhea but if you begin to compare warframe abilities then all the warframe need to be nerfed, is like "is unfair that saryn ulti do to much damage and volt ulti with the same energy cost dont", and by the other side, he is a "brawler" frame and his first skill is like his core abilitie.

So you see no issue with the fact that he can pump out more damage with his first ability than almost every other ultimate in the game?

Because I'm pretty sure only Exalted Blade and Hysteria could keep up with it. Maybe Peacemaker and Miasma.

You can just as easily pop Lifestrike on Atlas too. Landslide already builds up his melee combo meter, so you're more or less encouraged to heavily use melee on him (and he's a great candidate for a Rage build).

The damage would probably be more than fine if it couldn't crit, but it's pretty nuts right now. Again, mostly because it's only his 1 and it's capable of AOE damage too.

No, his first ability isn't affected by Life Strike at all. I also don't think it matters if it's his first ability or last; it's the only ability he has where he can directly engage the enemy under player control. The range and AoE is fairly short too.

Some things to know about Landslide:

- Distance traveled is 8 meters. (Not affected by mods)

- AoE only activated on 3rd successful hit and has a 1.5 meter radius. (Affected by range mods and laughably small)

- Not invincible while using ability.

- Doesn't fire projectiles per use.

- Can miss.

- Small delay between casts.

You should look at a lot more instead of just the seeing high damage numbers.

Edited by EmptyDevil

So you see no issue with the fact that he can pump out more damage with his first ability than almost every other ultimate in the game?

Because I'm pretty sure only Exalted Blade and Hysteria could keep up with it. Maybe Peacemaker and Miasma.

But you have the fact that is a low cost skill with high risk, he only can have 945 of armor and a max of 1200 with armored agility but at high level if you use that is higly risk skill because its put you in close range, high lvl enemies can dropdow your health in seconds.

So are you campaigning for it to be nerfed?

Yhea, i got that impression too, is like he want to get a nerf on it again. Vargas, you know that when DE nerf something is not a little nerf, is BIG nerf.

PD: I dont really understand the players -.-, "Nerf a thing and the players complains, buff the same thing previously nerfed and players complain about nerfing it again".

Edited by chofranc

Just forget this is 1st skill and take it as an ultimate. And remember that you spend energy with every hit while Excal and Valkyr just activate the skill and their energy drains slowly. Much slower than Atlas' drain per hit.

And I say this as someone who's pretty much exclusively been playing Atlas since the moment he dropped. The buffs today were awesome, and much needed, but might have gone a little... too far in the case of his first ability.

The scaling on this thing is absolutely insane now. It's not uncommon to get hits in the thousands, if not tens of thousands -- higher if it's a crit. If this were an ult, I'd be holding my tongue, seeing as Excalibur and Valkyr can put out similar numbers. But it's not. It's only his first ability, and this thing deals AOE damage too. A single punch (with only the 2x bonus) absolutely obliterates most everything on higher levels. A second (at 4x damage) is usually more than enough to finish off anything that's still alive.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty awesome to basically be One Punch Man in Warframe. Feels more than a little unfair to Excalibur and Valkyr though.

Is your analysis and opinion based on what the average new player would see using Atlas or is the build you are using one of a veteran player with many maxed mods, forma, and potato? I ask because often times items are deemed too strong but that is only after much is invested in them. For the average player using average mods the landslide ability may be well suited and enjoyable. I think it would help everyone to better understand what you have explained if you shared the build you were using when achieving the damage numbers you stated. Perhaps a screenshot.

Leave excal and Valk out of this, i mean excal and valk can do up to 70k per slice/clawing without any real effort.

Now look at atlas, he needed this buff...alot. I went to T3Surv and i barely even did any dmg with landslide so he deserved it. If your asking for nerfs pls just PLEASE ask for it in a few months or so i would like to finally enjoy some high dmg punches for once ._.''

Also what chofranc said, when DE nerfs something its not a little nerf, its a big one so if DE nerfs his first ability well....its gonna be useless as ffffff.

PS. 900th post! woopdedooo!

PSS. His punch ability is a very HIGH RISK skill when you use it in high lvl content so the DMGNUMBERS are the REWARD for taking that risk. ALL JUSTIFIED. END of STORY

Edited by LynxZ4r0Z

Valk and Excalibur do more damage to groups pretty much for free (at less than 1 energy /sec drain)

Atlas - single target and costs per attack. 

Ultimate or 1st skill - doesnt matter, everyone ends up playing with lvl30 all skills unlocked.