Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Know Its Not Warframe Related, But Star Wars Battlefront?

Tomplexthis

its actually fun, the 8v8 mode, but the 20v20 mode is just unfun

The troopers, they are unkillable, and sucks -_-

in the 8v8 i can get like 23 - 4, but in the 20v20 if your a rebel, youll go about 2 - 23

anyways, it looks promising, its just that the ps4 beta came out

lol breaks off of warframe result in me getting owned

It is kinda fun... for the first few minutes.

This game is dull and shallow. Nearly no improvements from BF4 were moved to this game (let's be honest here, this is just BF4 with Star Wars overlay), this coupled with few bugs and nearly no content to test AND release date being next month...

Everything has been overly simplified to the form of rapidly recharging bars located somewhere around the screen, no management needed, no skill included, no teamplay to be seen.

This game, ladies and gentlemen, is going to end like Hardline.

Though it has coop mode, which is nice.

Edited by Mofixil

Nope, it's automatically bad because it's EA and DICE because it's not Battlefront 2.5 and despite its lack of similarities with Battlefield and also despite every good game EA has published, because haha muh bandwagonz.

It looks interesting, and it's nice to see something fresh.

Nope, it's automatically bad because it's EA and DICE because it's not Battlefront 2.5 and despite its lack of similarities with Battlefield and also despite every good game EA has published, because haha muh bandwagonz.

It looks interesting, and it's nice to see something fresh.

yeah, i really hated that 20 v 20 though

its completely 1 sided, the rebels have no chance against 2 at ats, and chicken walkers

my whole team got demolished, near the end of that match, they spawn you outside and you cant do anything

you just spawn and die by all the tai fighters and at - at's or chicken walkers

that game mode is bs =[

but the 8v8 wasnt to bad, kind of refreshing

but nowhere near as great as Star wars Battlefront 2, for the ps2 

i loved that game, i mostly just played on the planet with all the jedi's

the jedi and sith battle mode was the best

in this game though

The hero mode powerup is just unfun,

they can plow through entire rooms of up to 10 people, block all bullets

and just walk out without a scratch, fun for the user, not for the victims

i watched vader or luke walk across a map filled with my entire team, they lunge and insta kill everyone

ive never played such a 1 sided match before, it was just sad

If you're talking about the new one, i already lost all my hype on it since i know DICE & EA are making / selling it.

How to turn an amazing game such as battlefront 2 into something sh*tty.

Yeah it's just going to be a Battlefield clone.

Edited by Shadow977

It's just going to be a Battlefield clone.

yeah, but it has no destructible enviroments, or classes, or much weapons and gear

its really bland

Still, i really wish we could choose our laser colors for our weapons, not a fan of red, i want a yellow or purple laser beam

maybe a white or black lightsaber... no customization in this game T T

have played 3 matches when hotfix applyed yesterday

and get back to T3MD asap

havent played online game from EA/DiCE/ORIGIN befor and the 3p view was

my motive to play + the Star Wars enviroment 

its alternative betwin long waited updates for once in a week

i will give it a second chance when the final game comes out but not

for my main game this position is reserved for Warframe

Finally a good Star Wars game!

Serious.gif

No EA/DICE game was good in the first ~year after its release. While this Battlefront is yet another casual generic shooter with little to no depth.

From my current experiences, this game is going to flop like Hardline.

Battlefield 4 will reign supreme for next few years.

Don't get me wrong, it's not completely hilariously terrible (cough like Hardline cough), but Battlefield 4 offers pretty much the same thing (and much more) for much lower price. The only differences between these games really is the artstyle.

Edited by Mofixil

Serious.gif

No EA/DICE game was good in the first ~year after its release. While this Battlefront is yet another casual generic shooter with little to no depth.

From my current experiences, this game is going to flop like Hardline.

Battlefield 4 will reign supreme for next few years.

Don't get me wrong, it's not completely hilariously terrible (cough like Hardline cough), but Battlefield 4 offers pretty much the same thing (and much more) for much lower price. The only differences between these games really is the artstyle.

Yuh BF4 was legit good

but i dont see pretty much anything with this game

it just feels empty

But it doesn't stop me from having fun

while it is not a 10/10 Warframe

it can be about a 6/10 battlefield knockoff

it is just a beta right now, maybe they will do something in full release

but then again, every beta game ever, they do nothing upon release from beta form

except for halo reach... that beta was the biggest mess i had ever seen

then the game... it was also another giant whopping pile of mess -_-

lol

but even then, halo reach was pretty fun for being so lame

so this game could possibly be interesting, decent star wars games are kind of hard to come by

the 20v20 multiplayer... its just garbage 

like Onigiri's server optimization XP

If anyone was wondering what onigiri was...

Please refer to this separate post about that new Free to Play game for the Ps4

its initially a pc game, but it was terribly... terribly, ported to consoles

it even has a mouse thing, but it barely works, and its full of tons of issues

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/542117-confirmed-nurikage-coming-to-warframe/

it was fun fighting that giant cement brownie with 5 eyes though, and 200 laggy players all over

Actually, I enjoyed it.

SWBF2 didn't exactly have that much depth and it was still enjoyable. So saying this lacked any 'depth' isn't a great point. It's a bit confusing at first and I didn't find Hoth or the sounds in general to be really nostalgic in terms of SW but it's nice nonetheless. Plus female Snowtroopers? Pfft c'mon that even broke a bit of the immersion for me. In the end I'd say I'm hopeful. It did remind me of SWBF in general though which was surprising. Also I like the ammo recharge, what I don't like is the health regen or the nade spam that comes with it.

I'm a big 'hater' of EA/DICE (except Mass Effect) due to what happened with BF3 and the way they treated their community and I do not see the 20v20 MP as garbage, at all. That's a bit too much. I'm hoping the maps are a bit larger, but I'm likely to be wrong considering how DICE have moved towards the cluster F*** with control points surrounded by vast unused terrain like we had in BF3/4. 64 player would be nice but I guess there's always Battlefront 4.

Should be a nice filler until 2143 ever comes out. God knows how well that will turn out <_<

Edited by Naith

Only looking at the cover of the book, but honestly the UI looks down right awful, and gameplay wise meh, battlefront 1-2 looked a hell more fun, better UI, and had a class system with vehicle spawns. I mean seriously you have to find tokens to spawn in a Tie fighter? 

Edited by Aeronomatic

Haven't read the thread yet. I was just OMW here to make a post about it after trying it.

Crap IMO. Which is sad because it's pretty.

WF style swap to scoped zoom with no transition doesn't scratch the ADS itch at all and feels badly out of place for an FPS game. Not a good "tactical" game, seeing as everyone is bunny hopping around with LMG's. Not a good "twitch" game with invulnerability shields and long distances to travel. Not much of a Star Wars game, seeing everyone bunny hopping around with personal force fields and LMG's. Not a cheap game @ $70. No replay value with four similar guns and no reason to think more are coming since the pre-order bonus is... unlocking one gun that's already in the list... Only two maps and, again, the early access for the next one is a pre-order bonus. No single player campaign. Tons of dumb screens you won't care about after seeing them once. Can't skip most of the dumb screens you won't care about. Everything, EVERYTHING, is little progress bars and <10sec timers so nade spam at any good choke point promises to be incessant.

Nope.

Nope nope nope.

Thumbs down.

EDIT--

And WTF @ sniper rifle as an equipment piece? Insta swap, one shot, auto insta swap away until timer is up? WTF is that?

Edited by VKhaun

It is kinda fun... for the first few minutes.

This game is dull and shallow. Nearly no improvements from BF4 were moved to this game (let's be honest here, this is just BF4 with Star Wars overlay), this coupled with few bugs and nearly no content to test AND release date being next month...

Everything has been overly simplified to the form of rapidly recharging bars located somewhere around the screen, no management needed, no skill included, no teamplay to be seen.

This game, ladies and gentlemen, is going to end like Hardline.

Though it has coop mode, which is nice.

Yeah I don't understand why they release it like this in a beta form. If they wanted us to test stuff they would've added all the gamemodes and at least more maps..

Personally if I was managing a beta, I would only add the most buggiest content, really. But I guess DICE decided otherwise. Kind of sucks since BF2 was sooooo damn good.

Not only that but have you heard the heroes? "Nobody can stop my lightsaber"-Darth Vader 2015   WTF XD

The whole game seems like a joke honestly, nowhere near ready for release. It's like an early alpha, when you barely have the characters walk around.

EDIT--

And WTF @ sniper rifle as an equipment piece? Insta swap, one shot, auto insta swap away until timer is up? WTF is that?

It made it a bit more balanced, for that one shot you have to make it count, which is pretty easy tbh. I love sniping so I am with you on this, but imagine how many snipers the game would have otherwise, battlefest had this problem too  >.>

It made it a bit more balanced, for that one shot you have to make it count, which is pretty easy tbh.

You're not WRONG per say, but it's one of those things that you need testers for. I can see how a dev could make a choice like that in their little bubble for all the right reasons on paper, but it's not going to accomplish anything with enough visibility to the player to compensate for what it took away and the expectations which it let down. They need a forum full of testers to all go NO WAY and tell them it's weird and stupid and they want their sniper rifles back.

...but imagine how many snipers the game would have otherwise, battlefest had this problem too  >.>

True. Still not worth it.

Edited by VKhaun

You're not WRONG per say, but it's one of those things that you need testers for. I can see how a dev could make a choice like that in their little bubble for all the right reasons on paper, but it's not going to accomplish anything with enough visibility to the player to compensate for what it took away and the expectations which it let down. They need a forum full of testers to all go NO WAY and tell them it's weird and stupid and they want their sniper rifles back.

True. Still not worth it.

Since it is an open beta think about the masses of kids who will be like "Hey I am a professional sniper, why can't I snipe" when in reality they suck and contribute to their team's loss. Now however they will be more forced to engage in closer combat and since that is where the objective is, possibly play the objective itself. There should be more options though, the whole beta felt like a demo instead of an actual beta of testing.