Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About We Get Another Prime Pistol?

Xardis

To be succinct unlike my usual ways, AkJagara Prime.  Seems like one of the most likely to see Ak-Prime variants to see come into being currently based on my views of the pistol situation we're in.  If we didn't have a Syndicate AkBolto however I'd have said either Bolto Prime or(not and) Akbolto Prime.  AkMagnus Prime too seems like a sensible candidate if aiming for dual pistols.

A bit more on why I see it this way below.

Last I recall hearing (I could easily be misremembering) DE doesn't desire to do the Ak and Single variants when concerning Prime secondaries any longer.  It creates a strange issue where people expect the Ak-whatever to outstrip its single counterpart as a direct upgrade when generally they'd probably (not saying it as a known fact, but it makes sense) prefer it to be more of a side grade for the sake of balance/choice.  With the Ak-whatever having double the magazine but a longer reload time (but lower than double the reload time of the single), as well as a slight hit to accuracy.  Making each gun feel like an even choice, letting player preference take hold.

This is why I didn't note AkLex Prime or AkVasto Prime as being distinct possibilities above.  Because they already have single variants which serves to create the divide by setting a benchmark.

Of course the reason folks expect a direct upgrade rather than a side grade is because it literally takes twice the effort(or plat if traded for) plus a tad extra to craft these variants.  So their stance too is entirely sensible.  The whole thing creates a bit of an issue where different ideals clash in a direct way.  Thusly the solution as it stands is just to not do both dual and single variants of Prime secondaries.  Not necessarily a solution I agree with of course, but it does appear to be where we're at currently.

As for me specifically, I always have and will prefer single pistols over dual.  If AkVasto Prime were a thing I'd hands down use Vasto Prime over it, same for all dual variants versus their single counterparts.  Even if the AkVasto Prime had a leg up on its predeccessor overall.  It's just a style thing for me as snappy reloads, good accuracy, and metered recoil are my jam.  Plus (pure bias and nothing else) single pistols look cooler to me.

Because of that I'd love to see (and it'll never happen most likely) a Jagara Prime, single prime variation of the AkJagara pistols.  That said I'd still totally dig an AkJagara Prime as I don't hate dual pistols, I just prefer the single varaints.  I also feel like it would be "right" to actually get an AkJagara Prime rather than the single variant as well, simply due to the trends set by the gun as it is.

As for me specifically, I always have and will prefer single pistols over dual.  If AkVasto Prime were a thing I'd hands down use Vasto Prime over it, same for all dual variants versus their single counterparts.  Even if the AkVasto Prime had a leg up on its predeccessor overall.  It's just a style thing for me as snappy reloads, good accuracy, and metered recoil are my jam.  Plus (pure bias and nothing else) single pistols look cooler to me.

I wont dispute your choice and I understand your possition. Lex Prime is a solid pistol that alone is better than any other Prime pistol. It dominates that category. It got a hudge buff to all stats overall. It has even +2 rounds in mag. I thing we can agree that this isnt the best candidate for dual upgrade. Vasto Prime howether is a diffrent case. It got a minor buff from normal one. It got even a nerf to recoil. Its now almost crit pistol. If it had less firerate it wouldnt be viable to mod for crit. The problem is that you empty the mag in 1 sec and then reload for another with having a very little burst coz the mag is too small. Its the same problem that normal Vasto had and dual version fixed not by increesing the burst time but its damage. I do think Prime version needs the same badly. I also think that it should have came as dual pistol in the first place.

As to AkBolto - It already has a sindicate variant and I dont think that it would be wise to give prime variant any sindicate weapons let alone to twi of them in the same sindicate (Im looking at you Telos Boltor). AkJagara feels too new to get prime but we will see.

Im also a big fan of AkVastos, one of my most liked pistols in game simply for the feeling of shooting.