The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De - Consolidated List Of Forma Bp Drop Rate Suggestions

Educated_Beast

The recent changes to Forma BP drops is HORRIBLE for new players and veterans who use them constantly. Imagine coming into the game today and trying to get all forma needed for dojo weapons while also building up favorite frame / weapons. For reference, here is the list of 17.3.0 nerfs to the forma drop rate:

• Forma Blueprints will now only drop in one rotation, replaced by the following drops in these endless Mission rotations:
  • T1D Rotation A: Forma BP for T2MD Key.
  • T3D Rotation B: Forma BP for Uncommon Fusion Core 5 Pack.
  • T4D Rotation B: Forma BP for Prime Carrier Systems.
  • T4D Rotation C: Forma BP for Hikou Pouch.
  • T3S Rotation C: Forma BP for Prime Carrier BP.
  • T4S Rotation A: Rare Fusion Core 5 Pack for Uncommon Fusion Core 5 Pack.
  • T4S Rotation B: Forma Blueprint for Rare Fusion Core 5 Pack.
  • The minimum amount of forma required to build a dojo and all dojo research buildings is 15 (includes rooms, reactors, hallways, etc.). This number is excluded above since it is easy to join a clan. However, if your a new player, it is that much more to aquire.
The list doesn't mention it, but based on my many recent runs of ODD, they removed forma drops from there completely.

FUN FACT: As of Update 18, it takes 50 forma to complete all dojo research weapons / sentinels! This does not include the forma required to build the dojo (minimal 15 for all dojo research rooms and rearranging rooms after built).

• Bio Laboratory = 12 forma required
  • Chem Laboratory = 9 forma required
  • Energy Laboratory = 12 forma required
  • Tenno Laboratory = 11 forma required
  • Anku, Serro, and Nami Skyla do not require forma to build and not included above; Synapse requires 2 forma
  • Sentinels = 3 forma (Djinn requires 2)
  • Archwing weapons = 2 forma

Here are some good ideas I've read mixed with some of my own (listed in no particular order):

1. Give forma BP for invasions instead of credits.

Whenever the invasion is credit versus credit, increase chances so that one of the awards is a forma BP instead.

2. Add forma BP to eximus (mini boss) drop pool while in the void as suggested here:

The Great Forma Famine

Can still effectively farm for Oberon / ash in non-void missions.

3. Add forma BP to ALL rare chests, not just in Orokin Void chests. Perhaps an extremely low chance (1% chance per mission to drop from Void lockers - to give players a reason to actually open them).

This would only benefits raid players and not help new players at all unless low chance is given to regular lockers (in Void).

4. Re-adjust forma BP changes in void drop tables.

The complaint people had was not to many forma BP but the fact that they dropped in Rotation C and these particular vocal players happen to not need them.

• Add forma BP to rotation A/B rewards for defense, interception, and survival missions
  • Remove forma BP from rotation C (20, 40, 60 minute rewards) - add some other "reward" here instead
  • Remove forma BP from T3+ non endless missions except T1/T2 so new players have a chance to farm them
5. Add forma BP in syndicates for 25K rep.

My personal favorite. This would be a guaranteed drop after playing any mission (not just void). This would allow a high MR player to get at least 1 forma per day and a great way to burn rep when you already have everything needed.

6. Add more forma BP to alerts rewards

There are to many credit awards. Add more forma BP to alerts. Guys with hundreds can ignore.

7. Allow Baro to buy forma BP for 10 ducats each.

Now it's just like a bad prime part dropped and you still get same reward. This change is for all the cry babies that whine about to many forma. Price can be adjusted by DE as needed if they become available in non-void missions per other suggestions.

8. Allow Baro to sell forma BP for say 25 ducats and 25K credits.

This would allow players to stock up every two weeks (350 ducats and 350K credits to buy 2 week supply of BP seems fair).

9. Add forma BP to Vors loot table in T4 missions

A chance at forma BP instead of another status poison mod would be great (1 in 5 chance with available mods).

10. Add secondary bonus Forma BP award in void missions.

A progressive award that increases drop chances the longer you stay would also give an incentive to stay instead of just leaving when things get tough. Especially true in direlect missions. Why stay past 20 when keys are cheap?

For example, give all void and derelect missions a base 5% chance. Staying 5 waves or 5 minutes grants additional 5%. So a 20 wave run would give 25% chance of additional forma BP award.

11. Add forma BP to A/B rotations in archwing defense and interception missions.

When your forced to play archwing to farm for weapon parts (that cannot be traded), you limit time needed to farm for forma BP in void and decreases advancement on these weapons. This compounds problem and gives no incentive to play archwing. Players need a way to upgrade archwing weapons independently of the void since archwing is an independent game.

12. Increase forma drop rates in daily login rewards.

Is XP even a reward anymore, why is that there, it can be replaced.

13. Allow forma BP to be traded P2P via ducats (not plat)

Players can set prices depending on how lucky they are. Only BP, not fully built forma can be traded here.

14. Add forma BP into all derelect missions to help dilute the key drop rate

Void keys are there, why can't forma BP be there to.

15. Provide a discount for limited time to fully built forma.

Perhaps keep forma price same and allow BP to be purchased from market. Let's face it, the game has changed, having BP easily available would not kill sales. Maybe even help since more people like myself would rush them. I just can't get myself to buy something that used to be available just by playing.

16. Creative DE fix that has nothing to do with player suggestions.

----------------------

I'm interested in other suggestions and can edit and add them to list but something must be done. The game is becoming new player unfriendly. Forma BP need to be as available as before but in different locations.

Not all of these need to be implemented but perhaps 1 or 2 will fix the forma famine we are in. With current void drop tables, I propose implementing #1, #5, and #6.

This will allow new and veteran players to acquire forma BP without an over abundance. Of course other combinations are possible. I'm just hoping DE reads this!

JUSTIFICATION:

You cannot play "end game" content without forma. I know there are guys with hundreds of forma BP and get mad when they have one drop, but not me. I have all frames, most of them forma multiple times, built a dojo, and many weapons with 4-6 forma. Up until previous update, I could find a forma in less than an hour and get another going for next day.

Recently, I was off work, the kids were in school, and I had a rare opportunity to play 5 hours straight. After focus on forma farming for 5 hours (and reading patch notes to know best drop locations), I only found two! That is why I made this thread.

I honestly do not feel like playing a mission if I'm not working on a side arm, frame, etc. I already have everything (except archwing weapons I do not have time to farm) and the rewards mean little compared to Warframe advancement.

I just want to try new things and crazy builds. Instead of running missions I want to, I'm forced to grind for forma in missions with best chance.

TLDR: Read bold text and get a hair cut and a job you lazy gamer!

EDITED FOR CLARITY AND SUGGESTIONS BELOW.

Edited by Educated_Beast

To be honest, Forma is not the thing people are complaining about in void droptables. It's the Forma Blueprint.

You are splitting a hair here. Without the BP we are unable to make Forma.

I agree wholeheartedly OP. Hopefully the galaxy map overhaul will fix it.

I've read that thread, see #2. It's a good suggestion but so is adding them to syndicates.

I just want to raise awareness that forma drops are an issue to DE because unfortunately, the minority of complainers get their voice heard. There needs to be another way to get forma BP.

My favorite is with syndicates since it is a guaranteed drop after playing any mission you want and after you have everything syndicate offers, it's a great way to burn rep.

Strongly agree with topic creator.

The great Potato Forma Famine has gone on long enough!

One minor point of correction: Rare crates DO drop not only forma, but fully formed forma 100% of the time. The catch is that only orokin rares drop this. In my case, they are also 3 for 3 for dropping Mantis BP (and therefore 0 for 3 for dropping Avionics), but that is a separate rage topic :)

Regardless, the point is fairly moot. Because unless you want forma from Grineer Rare containers (easily available to experienced law of retribtutioners), good luck finding those rare containers! If you thought grinding forma was an exercise in frustration....

You are splitting a hair here. Without the BP we are unable to make Forma.

I agree wholeheartedly OP. Hopefully the galaxy map overhaul will fix it.

No, some void missions do yield built Forma. Those Forma are great because they don't take years to build. (Btw it would also be awesome if the building time would be decreased to 6-8h from 24h)

I'm all in favor of letting Forma Blueprint be sold for 10 ducats. This means that they are still a useful item to drop for people that have a gazillion already You may as well tack onto that then when Baro is in town he'll sell you forma blueprints too.

Could also add forma blueprints to syndicate store.

T3Cap is flooded with Forma bp

That is BS. Not only is T3C a hard to acquire key, I ran 20 of them yesterday (5 key shares) and only got 1 of the 2 forma BP I mention above. That's 1 in 20 for me and I'm out of these keys.

The other one I found was in T3MD (looking for trinity systems). I was happy to see it while everyone else in group was angry...

there was another solution, and the best one tbh, they are the void`s oberon, eximus in void only drop them

but I would still like them being available in syndicates, but 25k is a bit too much for one BP, rather make it 5-10k, as u need them in mass amounts

Forma still haunts me when farming... seeing people have to swallow this kind of crap on non-endless void is infuriating. Wrong prime drops are a shame but potential plat or ducats - forma though? Cap and MD should not have these but if DE insist then at least make them ready made. I get 3 or 4 a day every time i grind void yet can only build one a day, cant trade them nor sell to Baro - at least keys and cells make sense to be there.

Im with OP - more regular as alerts and esp instead of say 25k vs 25k invasions (we get that almost for 5 waves  of Eris DS node, NO ONE thinks this is worth 3 runs to earn then wait for). Ive about 50 of the things sitting at the moment - please DE do something for both sides of the debate. Polute A table reward for Derelict with them or something, maybe make them a J3 drop to incentivise the boss fight but this "nerf* i aint seeing. Baro farming is annoying enough with them but Trinity Farming even worse as instead of wasted T1s its much rarer keys...

and they still spam the drop tables where they drop now, DE solved nothing, NOTHING! and made forma a rare resource for new players who are under-geared for t3-4, and made us suffer a lot to get a single prime part due to forma diarrhea RNGesus has in t3.......

Maybe we could receive forma blueprints and prime parts from our drops. Like, every rotation or end-reward has a chance to give us our usual prime part or cores as well as a forma blueprint. Could even add some more extra stuff that way too without people whining about drop tables.

Of course, this would effectively lessen the grind and RNGesus would not approve.

They removed them from things like T2 Survival Rotation A where they caused absolutely no issues and left them as Rotation C rewards.

At the same time they introduced Exilus adaptors that needed 2 Forma.

Before a 30 min T2 Survival was almost guaranteed to drop a BP or 2.

Now, there is no reliable way without burning up Keys that you only really run when looking for a certain prime part.

The solution is so easy, put them in Rotation A rewards for Def and Surv, remove them from all other rewards where we don't want to see a Forma BP (Mob Def, Wave 20, Minute 20, 40, etc, etc).

We can easy get 4-6 bites of the Rotation A rewards, and only 1 or 2 at Rotation C, it makes sense.

Makes you wonder why the reverse was done...

Edited by Egg_Chen

and they still spam the drop tables where they drop now, DE solved nothing, NOTHING! and made forma a rare resource for new players who are under-geared for t3-4, and made us suffer a lot to get a single prime part due to forma diarrhea RNGesus has in t3.......

I know this is not the case, but it sure seems like the more forma BP you have in inventory the more it drops in void.

I ran T3 keys like crazy yesterday for 5 hours straight (not all T3 but the majority was) and I got 2. I'm just not getting the same results as you.

I wish I had that "problem".

They removed them from things like T2 Survival Rotation A where they caused absolutely no issues and left them as Rotation C rewards.

At the same time they introduced Exilus adaptors that needed 2 Forma.

Before a 30 min T2 Survival was almost guaranteed to drop a BP or 2.

Now, there is no reliable way without burning up Keys that you only really run when looking for a certain prime part.

The solution is so easy, put them in Rotation A rewards for Def and Surv, remove them from all other rewards where we don't want to see a Forma BP (Mob Def, Wave 20, Minute 20, 40, etc, etc).

We can easy get 4-6 bites of the Rotation A rewards, and only 1 or 2 at Rotation C, it makes sense.

Makes you wonder why the reverse was done...

I agree. I mentioned that above slightly but I'll make it more clear.

Edited by Educated_Beast