Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Kind Of Auction House? [Megathread]

rudman88

Lol we got to the "You stupid ! Im not - you stupid ect." rather fast.

1. How is it fals that i need one blind rage for all my 20 frames or one serreration for all my rifles ? Care to elaborate? 

2. Whatever i say ? Well i dont say anything - anyone who have used Wraframe market can tell you the same. THe fact that you have trow one look and decided you know it all - is a problem of yours not ours. Maybe investigate a bit more next time before you make a statement.

3. How em i false ? Care to elaborate ? Whit the current core mechanics of Warframe - can you maybe share few benefits of AH ? 

1. It's false that you can't add limitations to an AH to artificially control prices indirectly. For example only allowing people to list 3 items at any one time, would vastly lower supply.  Likewise, you could add a tax to the AH so ever sale has a 10 percent tax. This means Plat becomes more valuable because it is not just endlessly circulating among players, growing ever larger in amount.  This also benefits DE because it removes plat from circulation on a continuous basis, giving players more reason to actually purchase more.

2. Whatever you say, buddy.

3. I just explained in point 1 how it would benefit DE, that allow shows that your "benefits no one" claim is false.

No need to discuss ah versus non ah. Let these guys see for themselves.

1. I need plats NOW! But wait I need to go through the AH and wait for x hours to sell something assuming it sells

2. Assuming there is a market you'll now have to contend with auction snipers, bots and scalpers. You'll get into a holy hell I can't buy anything good coz I'm too slow?! Why?!? Ban the bots DE!!!

3. Assuming everyone is ethical and all, and DE introduces AH tax and the whole shebang, what is your ideal end state? Stuff gets sold at a decent price and there is peace and quiet? Well where are the plats coming from? How many prime frames do you need on your life? How many prime frames have you farmed in your life? There is a huge supply and demand imbalance right now. I without seriously playing have farmed more prime frames than I have in my inventory. And I'm not even talking hardcore playing. How many trinity prime frames do you need in your lifetime?

You want a healthy economy? I get it. Don't ask for an AH. Ask DE to fix the economy. But how?

It's simple. Make mods and warframes degrade after use. Make prime farming tough as hell. Restrict supply maintain demand and voila booming economy. Introduce that with an AH too why not. That is if people here have not rage quit

It's simple. Make mods and warframes degrade after use. Make prime farming tough as hell. Restrict supply maintain demand and voila booming economy. Introduce that with an AH too why not. That is if people here have not rage quit

That's the worst idea ever. That would not get people buying more plat; it would get them playing a different game. Even Blacklight Retribution learned their lesson and now lets players buy gear permanently. 

1. It's false that you can't add limitations to an AH to artificially control prices indirectly. For example only allowing people to list 3 items at any one time, would vastly lower supply.  Likewise, you could add a tax to the AH so ever sale has a 10 percent tax. This means Plat becomes more valuable because it is not just endlessly circulating among players, growing ever larger in amount.  This also benefits DE because it removes plat from circulation on a continuous basis, giving players more reason to actually purchase more.

2. Whatever you say, buddy.

3. I just explained in point 1 how it would benefit DE, that allow shows that your "benefits no one" claim is false.

1. So in effect you dont want an AH but a regulated market place ? Ok i will bite.

First you want the prices to be artiicialy controled - something that you claim the "scamers" are doing right now. Way to shoot yourself in the foot from the get go. Then you propose a limit of 3 trades per da. Ok so how long before the 100 topics in the forums asking for increase of number of slots ? An hour ? A day ? 

Also this in no way will lower supplie - it will just make it that some items will not be traded as precived price will be one plat. Meaning that the items this day that are not 1 plat will switfly be broght down in line due to every trader switching the items he sells. 

Also do tell me exactly how much is 10% tax out of 1 plat ? Or are you suggesting DE again steps in and artificially set prices ? Free market - wuts that.

And lastly in what universe is platimun circulating endlessly in the game ? A week ago i had 3k plat. Right now im down to 1.4k. I havent buyed anything from a player duing this time. So maybe you are wrong - like how you have been so far ?

2. Cool story bro.

3. You explained how in your fantazy land this will benefit DE. We in real world have different notion.

You want a healthy economy? I get it. Don't ask for an AH. Ask DE to fix the economy. But how?

That guys gets it. For a working AH - the core mechanic of the game needs to change so a constant demand is in affect. Ofc our friends asking for AH dont think for such small things.....

In anyway - im all in for AH. And i will stalk all the pro AH player for the moment they start asking for "Fix AH" or "Remove AH" topics XD

Edited by SilentFears

Well, why are you saying auction? Auction part with bidding etc. is not needed. But an offline trading post is needed. So that you can go and designate items as for sale and set fixed prices. And they remain like that until somebody decides to pay that much. Online or offline you are shouldn't matter.

^

People need to stop with the Auction House yelling and realise that there are other methods.

Edited by Keybopsef

You up demand or you slow supply. What's it going to be?

Well he wants to have his cake and eat it lol.

But yeah. An AH can be made to work like any MMO out there. But for that game needs to change.

Option A. Huge grind fest. Think current grind times 100. Then items retain their value.

Option B. Constant demand for basic items and mods. Aka degradation or "character bound on use". Example would be - i just instaled that Maxed Blind Rage on my Saryn. But now i cant use said Blind rage on any othere frame. So i neeed a new one that i need to lvl up from scratch. I just buyed 20 Prisma Scanas - but any weapon is character bound on aquier - so i cant sell them. Anyone wanting Prisma Scana - will need to wait till Baro decides to bring a new one.

Oh boy oh boy. Can you imagine the hell this is gona lead to ?

Again DE - pls bring us AH i cant wait for the drama.

1. So in effect you dont want an AH but a regulated market place ? Ok i will bite.

First you want the prices to be artiicialy controled - something that you claim the "scamers" are doing right now. Way to shoot yourself in the foot from the get go. Then you propose a limit of 3 trades per da. Ok so how long before the 100 topics in the forums asking for increase of number of slots ? An hour ? A day ? 

Also this in no way will lower supplie - it will just make it that some items will not be traded as precived price will be one plat. Meaning that the items this day that are not 1 plat will switfly be broght down in line due to every trader switching the items he sells. 

Also do tell me exactly how much is 10% tax out of 1 plat ? Or are you suggesting DE again steps in and artificially set prices ? Free market - wuts that.

And lastly in what universe is platimun circulating endlessly in the game ? A week ago i had 3k plat. Right now im down to 1.4k. I havent buyed anything from a player duing this time. So maybe you are wrong - like how you have been so far ?

2. Cool story bro.

3. You explained how in your fantazy land this will benefit DE. We in real world have different notion.

Is English not your first language. I don't mean this as an insult, but you seem to be repeatedly misunderstanding me on a fundamental level.

No, I want an Auction House.

DE controlling supply artificially effects prices.  That is not a "scam".  That's basic economics. Scammers trick and deceive others; it is not even comparable. 

I didn't say 3 per day. I said 3 at a time. Again, it's not the same thing.

The tax should be 10% rounded up to the nearest whole plat, meaning that if they sell something for 1 plat then they won't get anything because DE would take 1 plat in tax. Everything would need to be at least 10p to not "lose" any plat.

If every player switches to one item then that items price will go down as its supply goes up, but as a result, other items will have less supply and therefore their prices will go up and their supply goes down.  Again, this is basic economics (supply and demand).

Again, you misunderstood me. I never suggested that DE set prices. I suggested that they non-directly affect prices by controlling supply.  Again, it is not the same thing.

I have had hundreds on plat go through my hands. Only 170 of it was actually purchased by me.  And less than 10% of those hundreds went into the market place.  Most of it was earned by selling items to other players and spent buying from other players.  The player market endlessly circulates a large amount of plat, meaning players really have no reason to buy plat regularly because they can just earn plat that has already been purchased.

No, I explained how with every purchase in the hypothetical auction house, 10% of the plat from that transaction would be removed from circulation.

For example:

Under the current system: Player A buys item 1 from Player B for 1700 plat. Player B buys item 2 from Player C for that same 1700p. This can repeat infinitely.

Under a 10% tax AH: Player A buys item 1 from Player B for 1700p. 170p is removed as tax.  Player B receives 1530p.  Now, it player B wants to buy item 2 from Player C for 1700 then Player B has to purchase 170 additional plat.

^in that one example, DE would make an additional $10 versus nothing. Making a profit is considered a benefit in the real world, buddy. Now take that one example and multiply it by the hundreds of thousands to millions of plat that would be going through the AH on a daily basis.

edit: fixed math

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

One, trade channel limits how often you can post.

Two, trade channel moves so fast you can't even bother getting sales unless you insert tons of space hogging characters.

Three, trade channel is abused heavily with no regulation, people prey on those who are not well versed in sales.

Four, you only oppose the idea of a regulated auction setting because you will no longer be able to abuse people.

I propose a sale house, not auction. I strongly recommend that bidding be left out of the equation, and items be. Posted for sale only.

One, trade channel limits how often you can post.

Two, trade channel moves so fast you can't even bother getting sales unless you insert tons of space hogging characters.

Three, trade channel is abused heavily with no regulation, people prey on those who are not well versed in sales.

Four, you only oppose the idea of a regulated auction setting because you will no longer be able to abuse people.

I propose a sale house, not auction. I strongly recommend that bidding be left out of the equation, and items be. Posted for sale only.

Have you ever used ebay?  Auction Houses have auctions and "buy now" prices.  You can often chose which one to use or set both options at once (meaning you could even get it for less than the "buy now" price). 

Most people will use the buy now price so you don't have to worry about auctions. The only time you will regularly see auction pricing only is with extremely rare items (e.g. Primed Chamber).

Is English not your first language. I don't mean this as an insult, but you seem to be repeatedly misunderstanding me on a fundamental level.

No, I want an Auction House.

DE controlling supply artificially effects prices.  That is not a "scam".  That's basic economics. Scammers trick and deceive others; it is not even comparable. 

I didn't say 3 per day. I said 3 at a time. Again, it's not the same thing.

The tax should be 10% rounded up to the nearest whole plat, meaning that if they sell something for 1 plat then they won't get anything because DE would take 1 plat in tax. Everything would need to be at least 10p to not "lose" any plat.

If every player switches to one item then that items price will go down as its supply goes up, but as a result, other items will have less supply and therefore their prices will go up and their supply goes down.  Again, this is basic economics (supply and demand).

Again, you misunderstood me. I never suggested that DE set prices. I suggested that they non-directly affect prices by controlling supply.  Again, it is not the same thing.

I have had hundreds on plat go through my hands. Only 170 of it was actually purchased by me.  And less than 10% of those hundreds went into the market place.  Most of it was earned by selling items to other players and spent buying from other players.  The player market endlessly circulates a large amount of plat, meaning players really have no reason to buy plat regularly because they can just earn plat that has already been purchased.

No, I explained how with every purchase in the hypothetical auction house, 10% of the plat from that transaction would be removed from circulation.

For example:

Under the current system: Player A buys item 1 from Player B for 1700 plat. Player B buys item 2 from Player C for that same 1000p. This can repeat infinitely.

Under a 10% tax AH: Player A buys item 1 from Player B for 1700p. 170p is removed as tax.  Player B receives 900p.  Now, it player B wants to buy item 2 from Player C then Player B has to purchase 170 additional plat.

^in that one example, DE would make an additional $10 versus nothing. Making a profit is considered a benefit in the real world, buddy. Now take that one example and multiply it by the hundreds of thousands to millions of plat that would be going through the AH on a daily basis.

Yes english is not my first language. But you asking that and meaning it as no offence is like me asking "Are you console pesant" and saying i dont mean it as an offence. But alteast you switched from the childish "Whatever you say".

And no i dont misundurstand you - you yourself have no clue what you are talking about.

You keep talking about how scamers are deceiving players yet you keep asking for "artificaly regulated" prices. Its even more fun when you read your suggestion.

"The tax should be 10% rounded up to the nearest whole plat, meaning that if they sell something for 1 plat then they won't get anything because DE would take 1 plat in tax. Everything would need to be at least 10p to not "lose" any plat."

Lol cant wait to start selling Pathogen Rounds for 10p to new players that have no clue. You are right - this is nothing like scaming. Im totaly onboard whit you there. Super rare item will have the same price as any regular trash item. Love it.

"I didn't say 3 per day. I said 3 at a time. Again, it's not the same thing."

Oh such great suggestion. Cant wait to see it in action. "Hummm Life Strike is right now 11p on AH. Cool time to pull out my 3 Blind Rages and put few Life Strikes - 10 mins later - Ah damn it everyone switched to Life Strike so now the price is down to the min allowed, damn it".  

Merry go araund - all day long. So much better then the current trade system.

"Again, you misunderstood me. I never suggested that DE set prices. I suggested that they non-directly affect prices by controlling supply.  Again, it is not the same thing."

Lol you are right mate you got me there. Lets scrap the free market and switch to controled market. So gud. And yes it can work - like we pointed out few post ago ( you can read go find them ). Just up the grind times 100 or make it each item character bound once used. Or make items and mods decay.

But you dont like that now do you. You want some easy plat whitout paying DE. Well you cant have bouth mate. Make a choice. 

Can you be more greedy ? Go buy some plat and support DE.

Your last example is rather funny joke. 

Players trade items for plat - not to collect plat and put it on thier dashboard. THey trade items for plat to buy items they can only buy for plat - aka slots, patatos, formas, skins, synadas. I gave you example of that. I had 3k plat a week ago. Now im down to 1.4k. And i havent buyed anything from a player during that time. So no the plat dont just float in trade chat. 

But do go on. Its funny to read your posts.

Players trade items for plat - not to collect plat and put it on thier dashboard. THey trade items for plat to buy items they can only buy for plat - aka slots, patatos, formas, skins, synadas. I gave you example of that. I had 3k plat a week ago. Now im down to 1.4k. And i havent buyed anything from a player during that time. So no the plat dont just float in trade chat.

Really, because most people that I know and myself use plat to play the player market.  The only time they drop plat into the actual marketplace is when to grab a new slot and maybe a tater when a new Frame releases.  Yeah, I bought a Color pack and a Syandana, but I never have to buy those again.  Everything else is farmable or obtainable through the player market.

Controlling supply is not "deceiving players," ergo it is not scamming.

You can sell Pathogen rounds for 10p, but if everyone else is selling it for 2p then yours won't sell.  That's one of the main benefits of an AH, it's transparency.  You will no longer be able to trick new players into paying 5 times the average price, because they can easily see what everyone else is selling it for at a glance.

You could not merry-go-round all day, because you couldn't list a 4th item until one of your first three auctions ended/were bought.

You clearly do not understand how a free market or economy works.  The governments of the world already artificially control the price of items by how much money they put into or remove from circulation.  They don't even have to set regulations on the prices themselves.

I already make easy plat without paying DE anything.  The AH would not make me more plat.  I would probably make less plat, but more people in total would start making plat. 

There is no real argument against implementing an AH beyond greedy players knowing that they would make less plat themselves because platinum profits would be more evenly spread out across the entire player base.

Really, because most people that I know and myself use plat to play the player market.  The only time they drop plat into the actual marketplace is when to grab a new slot and maybe a tater when a new Frame releases.  Yeah, I bought a Color pack and a Syandana, but I never have to buy those again.  Everything else is farmable or obtainable through the player market.

Controlling supply is not "deceiving players," ergo it is not scamming.

You can sell Pathogen rounds for 10p, but if everyone else is selling it for 2p then yours won't sell.  That's one of the main benefits of an AH, it's transparency.  You will no longer be able to trick new players into paying 5 times the average price, because they can easily see what everyone else is selling it for at a glance.

You could not merry-go-round all day, because you couldn't list a 4th item until one of your first three auctions ended/were bought.

You clearly do not understand how a free market or economy works.  The governments of the world already artificially control the price of items by how much money they put into or remove from circulation.  They don't even have to set regulations on the prices themselves.

I already make easy plat without paying DE anything.  The AH would not make me more plat.  I would probably make less plat, but more people in total would start making plat. 

There is no real argument against implementing an AH beyond greedy players knowing that they would make less plat themselves because platinum profits would be more evenly spread out across the entire player base.

First of all the amount of crys i have read from you about the current trade system leads me to conclude - you are doing anything else then "playing the market"....But atleast you admit to spending plat on the game. Just like i spend 600 plat last night for skins. So theres that.

Also dude - please oh god please remember what you say five mins after you say it.

"Controlling supply is not "deceiving players," ergo it is not scamming.

You can sell Pathogen rounds for 10p, but if everyone else is selling it for 2p then yours won't sell.  That's one of the main benefits of an AH, it's transparency.  You will no longer be able to trick new players into paying 5 times the average price, because they can easily see what everyone else is selling it for at a glance."

And then we have 

"The tax should be 10% rounded up to the nearest whole plat, meaning that if they sell something for 1 plat then they won't get anything because DE would take 1 plat in tax. Everything would need to be at least 10p to not "lose" any plat."

Lol so what is it going to be ? Decide already couse im startin to question your inteligence.

"You could not merry-go-round all day, because you couldn't list a 4th item until one of your first three auctions ended/were bought."

Yet 

Again - whats it going to be. I can list them once and have to wait a day or i have to list them and then remove them at a wimp ? Can you for once in your life make a decision and stick whit it ?

So reading your comments so far - i get the feeling its is you who have no clue how a free markets operate. Maybe instead of doing 5k posts on the forum - go read a bit some wiki ?

And once more i dont belive your claims about making tons of plat. If anything i think you want more free stuff and think that AH will deliver you that whit far less effort. But thats all fine. Like everything on the interent i cant prove anything. THat been said for anyone actully making plat right now - we can clearly see why you are so invested in AH.

Also when exactly would you address the core gameplay problem of infinity supplie and very limited demand. Like my example of me needing exactly one maxed Blind Rage for all my 20 frames. If you want an AH - then you can clearly think of a way to fix this core problem.

Edited by SilentFears

First of all the amount of crys i have read from you about the current trade system leads me to conclude - you are doing anything else then "playing the market"....But atleast you admit to spending plat on the game. Just like i spend 600 plat last night for skins. So theres that.

Also dude - please oh god please remember what you say five mins after you say it.

"Controlling supply is not "deceiving players," ergo it is not scamming.

You can sell Pathogen rounds for 10p, but if everyone else is selling it for 2p then yours won't sell.  That's one of the main benefits of an AH, it's transparency.  You will no longer be able to trick new players into paying 5 times the average price, because they can easily see what everyone else is selling it for at a glance."

And then we have 

Lol so what is it going to be ? Decide already couse im startin to question your inteligence.

"You could not merry-go-round all day, because you couldn't list a 4th item until one of your first three auctions ended/were bought."

Yet 

Again - whats it going to be. I can list them once and have to wait a day or i have to list them and then remove them at a wimp ? Can you for once in your life make a decision and stick whit it ?

So reading your comments so far - i get the feeling its is you who have no clue how a free markets operate. Maybe instead of doing 5k posts on the forum - go read a bit some wiki ?

And once more i dont belive your claims about making tons of plat. If anything i think you want more free stuff and think that AH will deliver you that whit far less effort. But thats all fine. Like everything on the interent i cant prove anything. THat been said for anyone actully making plat right now - we can clearly see why you are so invested in AH.

Also when exactly would you address the core gameplay problem of infinity supplie and very limited demand. Like my example of me needing exactly one maxed Blind Rage for all my 20 frames. If you want an AH - then you can clearly think of a way to fix this core problem.

Those two quotes you put together do not contradict one another.

Selling something for 2p would still net them a 1p profit, but they would be losing 50% of their profits to tax, rather than the normal 10%. They would be "losing" an additional 40% of their potential profit.  Do you understand?

3 at a time.  That means if you list 3 items with a 36 hour timer, then you would not be able to list a fourth item until either one of your items sold or 36 hours had passed, ERGO 3 AT A TIME, NOT 3 PER DAY.  See? I haven't changed anything I said.  You simply misread what I had written.

How does your misunderstanding of what is written in plain English lead you to question my intelligence?

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Why are u posting same stuff all the time AUCTION HOUSES kill games like WOW is best example 

eeDd0Br.jpg

yup i'm sure that auction house has "killed" wow yup yup absolutly no doubt about it ! It can give aids too and will make your country become a nest of jihadist 

P.S. : i'm definitely against auction house but ignoring the fact that more and more people ask for it by trying to avoid discussion about it is childish.

Those two quotes you put together do not contradict one another.

Selling something for 2p would still net them a 1p profit, but they would be losing 50% of their profits to tax, rather than the normal 10%. They would be "losing" an additional 40% of their potential profit.  Do you understand?

3 at a time.  That means if you list 3 items with a 36 hour timer, then you would not be able to list a fourth item until either one of your items sold or 36 hours had passed, ERGO 3 AT A TIME, NOT 3 PER DAY.  See? I haven't changed anything I said.  You simply misread what I had written.

How does your misunderstanding of what is written in plain English lead you to question my intelligence?

Humm

"Everything would need to be at least 10p to not "lose" any plat."

So no everything will be 10 plat.

"Selling something for 2p would still net them a 1p profit, but they would be losing 50% of their profits to tax, rather than the normal 10%. They would be "losing" an additional 40% of their potential profit.  Do you understand?

I do undurstand - do you ? Or more to the point - do you suffer some mental disease that prevents your from forming short term memory ? Couse i find a lot of contradicting points in your posts .... in one topic.

Then we have this gem.

"3 at a time.  That means if you list 3 items with a 36 hour timer, then you would not be able to list a fourth item until either one of your items sold or 36 hours had passed, ERGO 3 AT A TIME, NOT 3 PER DAY.  See? I haven't changed anything I said.  You simply misread what I had written."

Wait didnt we have something different in mind ?

So. Its not 3 per day its a 3 at the same time - but it also have 36 hours duration - that is not one day ?!?! Dude do you even logic ?

And lastly you are still avoiding to adress the elephant in the room.

I have one maxed Blind Rage that fits my 20 frames. How would you fix that. Aka infinite supplie - limited demand.

"How does your misunderstanding of what is written in plain English "

Looking at the quots if have pulled out of your posts - i start to wonder if you yourself undurstand your own "plain english".

Do roll on brah even tho i dont expect much out of PS4 user :)