Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steam Workshop... Horrible Things From A Horrible Person?

I'm a bit confused by this.

Workshop usually introduces free modifications that are either client side or visible for everyone, Blade Symphony took the visible for everyone route and it worked well.. despite the game itself being mediocre at best.

Though the way it was explained, it sounds like authors will be making a profit. Which sounds suspiciously like paid modding, which was briefly introduced to the workshop, and then violently shot down by hundreds of thousands of fairly P.O.'d gamers.

I'm hoping it is free client side mods, with popular skins being added as Tennogen.

I'm a bit confused by this.

Workshop usually introduces free modifications that are either client side or visible for everyone, Blade Symphony took the visible for everyone route and it worked well.. despite the game itself being mediocre at best.

Though the way it was explained, it sounds like authors will be making a profit. Which sounds suspiciously like paid modding, which was briefly introduced to the workshop, and then violently shot down by hundreds of thousands of fairly P.O.'d gamers.

I'm hoping it is free client side mods, with popular skins being added as Tennogen.

This is just expanding on TennoGen. You make a skin for Warframe using their software, get votes and if it gets enough votes all DE has to do is approve it and it is now in the game market. It is pretty much identical to the current TennoGen stuff except it doesn't happen once in a blue moon.

I think this is great as the Warframe cosmetic market is honestly very bad. There are very little options and the premium skins never stay. This should help flood the market with variety which is imo perfect. Now every Warframe can be unique and our own and the customization options are made and voted on by us, the consumers.

Am I the only one here who has no idea who op is talking about?

Either way, they're starting off with skins, not mods, and they'll have to be approved.

I have my suspicions, but since there is a mixed age group on the forums, I'm not going to voice them. Suffice to say. The internet is interesting place and you will often find what you do not suspect, even if you didn't want to.

Most important feature in Workshop is a rating system. There is no reason to worry about "bad things". Just click "thumbs down" and problem solved.

And there is was no word about R34 or even adding a new models or animations. Is just a skin workshop.

I'm worrying about one thing: flood of poor-quality content. But as I said, we can just move it to the bottom of rating.

I'm worrying about one thing: flood of poor-quality content. But as I said, we can just move it to the bottom of rating.

If it's curated like the CS:GO workshop, it'll be fine. I just hope it's a little more open on what does and doesn't win, so we don't see five or so skins added every six months.

If it's curated like the CS:GO workshop, it'll be fine. I just hope it's a little more open on what does and doesn't win, so we don't see five or so skins added every six months.

Steam workshop for Warframe's playermade content is supposedly curated by DE themselves and should be fine as long as they don't allow low-quality content or suggestive/questionable/explicit content into it. But it depends on the players who decide to give in to the modeling and the quality of the content itself seeing as DE has their own fine line of what is/is not a good enough submission to be put into the workshop. No promises held.

Steam workshop for Warframe's playermade content is supposedly curated by DE themselves and should be fine as long as they don't allow low-quality content or suggestive/questionable/explicit content into it. But it depends on the players who decide to give in to the modeling and the quality of the content itself seeing as DE has their own fine line of what is/is not a good enough submission to be put into the workshop. No promises held.

Also possible and likely the community will get to vote.

Watch the last stream.

They used a tool/tools to make new skins for models. I assume the models are baked into the Viewer of that same program and only the maps are open for modding.

Custom models and coding is not a part of it since that would require DE to release a proper mod-tool.

And like said, DE approves stuff that is not too silly or off-topic

In short: we will never see a Piccachu-skin for Volt no matter how funny it may be.

Watch the last stream.

They used a tool/tools to make new skins for models. I assume the models are baked into the Viewer of that same program and only the maps are open for modding.

Custom models and coding is not a part of it since that would require DE to release a proper mod-tool.

And like said, DE approves stuff that is not too silly or off-topic

In short: we will never see a Piccachu-skin for Volt no matter how funny it may be.

In the stream you see Steve tossing an OBJ into the viewer. The models are totally open for editing.

He did one or 2 good things, but the rest should stay away from us...

Just like mr Riot Moa, he did that amazing concept buuut...

As long as I use a pencil, I'll never fall into these..."Things"!

Edited by unknow99