Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Key Leechers (Keyshares)

boneyflesh

Pretty scumbagish that people can leech keys as much as they want and you aren't even allowed to warn people about their behavior without getting shut down because "no name and shame" (a concept I've found preposterous since I've first heard it). People wonder why video game communities are filled with so much trolls and toxicity, probably has something to do with the fact that that behavior is rarely punished and impossible to warn against.

Naming and shaming is basically online bullying. Not something you want to condone of in a friendly community forum.

Keysharing dies out later, it's only common now because of the updates and many people not having the new items.

For instance, I have Trinity Prime Systems now and I have nothing, absolutely nothing in T3 MD that I would want to get. So most likely I'll be amassing in T3 MD keys if I keep playing, then eventually maybe ducats will get the better of me and I'll just host it without thinking. Honestly, that's how I got my Trinity Prime Systems anyway, the host was a Trinity Prime user and had T3 MD keys left to use.

T4 E keys used to be so common that I didn't even care for them. Only reason I'd care now is because of the kavasa collar. Why would I waste my time on a mission with easy enemies, poor leveling xp, poor thrills. I have to nerf myself with less mods just to enjoy the mission most of the time. Unless it's a long term survival, long defense or long excavation, there's really no risk at this point of play.

Edited by ivlr3vil

You keep being an &#! and diving out of keyshares you'll eventually find no keyshare parties because everyone and their Lotus (high five if you get the joke) will have blocked you.

No point making angry threads about it, just ignore and move on.

You keep being an ! and diving out of keyshares you'll eventually find no keyshare parties because everyone and their Lotus (high five if you get the joke) will have blocked you.

No point making angry threads about it, just ignore and move on.

haha,, seriously though, being sad and angry are two different things.

i just made this thread to share what had happened to me and to get insights and ideas of other tennos on this matter, also to know if others have

been experiencing this as well.

P.S i've long moved on by the way.(PS,PS not moved on like passed away,move on like ive recovered from it)[high fiive if you get the joke ^_^]

{PS,PS,PS. seriously }

Edited by boneyflesh

DE does very little to discourage scum bag behavior in game, yes on the forums you will earn warning and bans pretty quickly. In game, for scumbag behavior like trade scamming, key share scamming, bailing out on the last second to keep people hanging in higher missions, especially if something valuable dropped before in an attempt to let the other guy fail so he does not get the reward so that the scumbag might fetch a higher price in trade.

Excessive trolling, intentional team killing (rad proc) etc the consequences are naught.

Support won´t lift a finger in most cases. Yes chat abuse might have consequences if you can provide screen shots or if it happens in region chat but other than that WF is becoming a scum bag haven and as a result the community is deteriorating. This can be seen in all the Arch Wing hate threads and the frequent Baro hate threads when he does not bring something certain players find useful or the Formorian alert.

Keysharing is a fundamentally broken mechanic, it's a work-around because DE originally hacked the key system into Warframe that only worked properly with the host. Keysharing actually incentivises toxic behaviour, it is the opposite of what is needed in this game.. but all of that was solved when the Eyes of Blight equippable-key mechanic was implemented.

We now have a key equip system where everyone must contribute, where there is no tie between the host and the keys _and_ it allows auto-matching even when the mission is locked behind a key.

I expect this system to be the _only_ system when the starchart revamp and "blowing up the void" hits in u18. I will not miss the old system.

Edited by SilentMobius

I can confirm what the OP says, had that happen in a match, submitted a ticket and this is part of the reply: "While this is most dishonorable conduct, because these key share deals are happening outside of the protections of the Trade UI, we have no way to enforce them."

So if you see him, be sure to give him my best wishes.

Best regards,

A disgruntled Tenno

Put him on ignore - and go on.

Its frustrating but enforcing anything keyshare related is just not possible. To much workload for almost no benefit for DE.

Also i would suggest mostly keysharing whit your own clan - that minimize the risk of bail out on the keyshare.

Put him on ignore - and go on.

Its frustrating but enforcing anything keyshare related is just not possible. To much workload for almost no benefit for DE.

Also i would suggest mostly keysharing whit your own clan - that minimize the risk of bail out on the keyshare.

Well actually I can't do that, it simply doesn't work for me. I went in and searched their clan on google and had some discussions with them on their team speak channel and on the in game messenger as well, but if the game moderators don't care about this, I hardly think the clan's resolution will be any better.

But someone should really do something about it because after finishing with me the guy went on the recruitment channel and did the same thing at least twice (that I saw). 

Also, keysharing with your clan is cool but there are not a whole lot of players that have alad v keys available all the time.

Well actually I can't do that, it simply doesn't work for me. I went in and searched their clan on google and had some discussions with them on their team speak channel and on the in game messenger as well, but if the game moderators don't care about this, I hardly think the clan's resolution will be any better.

But someone should really do something about it because after finishing with me the guy went on the recruitment channel and did the same thing at least twice (that I saw). 

Also, keysharing with your clan is cool but there are not a whole lot of players that have alad v keys available all the time.

Mate - reread my post.

I said - key share whit your clan. Not - go and ask his clan to kick him/ punish him....

I hate key share when i join someone if i have that key also i tell the group to stick around if there up for runs ..It like a happy bonus for them and when i host if i have extra keys i say the same  " spread the love " 

Edited by SlapClown

As someone who keyshares, people who leech off keyshares are always gonna happen, you're still getting 3 keys for 1, so I don't see a problem. Keysharing is something the community chooses to do, DE didn't make it part of the game, so I see no reason for them to get involved.

Keysharing is something the community chooses to do, DE didn't make it part of the game, so I see no reason for them to get involved.

Good point there, but keyshare is happening in game and most of the players knows the word keyshare already, surely the DE's knows this as well.

thing is a tenno will have to make an agreement to other tennos and when an agreement is broken isnt it called a misconduct (community misconduct) . Considering the effort for farming these keys alone is frustrating enpugh how much more when u encounter leechers.

*NOTE: These are purely feedbacks, pls dont put on your rage mods ^_^*

I had a discussion with other players I randomly met for a keyboard recently and came up with a bit of a solution.

A squad leader can mark a party as a keyshare squad, which brings up an interface for all players where they each insert one of the same key before the game starts. The game then runs all keys without pause. If you leave before all keys are ran you lose your key as well as all rewards.

I can hear the cries of 'what if you DC?!' already. Remember, that you chose to put your key in and you chose to be in a designated keyshare squad. That is the risk you took for security in knowing nobody could screw you over and still benefit from it.

Edited by Xcedis

Why are you all saying it's not DE's problem ?

How ?

It should be, for the respect of the players, and there are solutions for this problem.

It's a coop game after all, with fast missions, and keys have some value in platinium, so cash IRL.

They can introduce a keysharing option in the lobby menu.

The host select Keysharing and validate his key.

Everyone select the option Keyshare (if no key the player can't validate the option and leave).

All the keys are validate, and used.

If someone leave during the missions, no matter, there will be host migration, the players will continu to use the 4 keys.

If someone is disband of the squad he will automatically have the option to rejoin the squad, even after reboot the game.

Problem solve.

No more players screwed, no more complaints.

No more keycheck.

I don't think it's too difficult to put this system into the game.

It could be a thing if DE wasn't too lazy.

Will see.

Edited by Alpha56

The easiest solution is to prevent key sharing at all, and to require all players to have a key - which is used up for everyone - to join a mission in the first place.

Since that will also slow players down, that's the option DE will take to solve this 'problem'.

I can confirm what the OP says, had that happen in a match, submitted a ticket and this is part of the reply: "While this is most dishonorable conduct, because these key share deals are happening outside of the protections of the Trade UI, we have no way to enforce them."

So if you see him, be sure to give him my best wishes.

Best regards,

A disgruntled Tenno

"... we have no way to enforce them."

No way ?

Seriously DE ?

It's just what i was saying, they are too lazy.

Edited by Alpha56

Well, Keyshare is not a game system of DE, it´s a mutual agreement between players, as bad as it is, he didn´t violate any rules by bailing out. It´s like you go out and eat with 3 friends, and 1 of them left early without paying so you 3 left need to pay for him. You can´t arrest him for that, because he didn´t violate any rule of the restaurant, only the agreement between friends

Edited by Horaciozhao

"... we have no way to enforce them."

No way ?

Seriously DE ?

It's just what i was saying, they are too lazy.

Keysharing is a promise between players. DE can't enforce that. DE can only enforce systems that are coded into the game, which does not include keysharing.

i swear these threads are popping up more and more now... take this as solution 

*granted a rought and lacking concept soulution*

all players lock in their key and once all have locked and accepted.. a counter appears telling you how many keys are avialable and can be played..

so 4 players lock in 1 key each = 4 keys... meaning 4 runs  without the hassle of someone leaving during or before hand while in game....

if you wish to do more runs before hand then lock in more keys and when everyone accepts you get 4 more runs... and ofc when the host DC's or decides to leave. those 3 other players still have 4 keys left to do because 1 had all ready submitted and locked in hence you cant back-out because you've all ready submitted your key for use before the match even started! same applies if youre not the host.. only thing id recommend is maybe adjusting the DC reconnect time. 

TL;DR

4 players lock in and accept that they wish to use their keys... the key is consumed and a counter appears for that party saying you have 4 keys left to do. players can further increase the amount by submitting more keys and locking their decision and accepting! hence more keys added to the pool.

feel free to take my idea and use it... but hey i deserve some credibility for that if it gets implemented or slightly tweaked :P

Edited by DiBBz

Keysharing is entirely a creature of the playerbase.

We (the players) came up with the concept to expand the reach of difficult to get keys. Only have a few T3MDs? Recruit 3 others with the same key and now you have four runs instead of one. DE didn't have anything to do with this past the low drop rates of that one part of every prime set.

Of course it works on the honor system, so if you get a jackhat on your team, you'll have less runs when said lowlife bails on the team. However, usually this only happens when the team gets what they want from the mission type in question.

Personally (and I've had it happen to me), I don't regard this as a particularly big deal. If I got what I wanted, what the others do isn't really too much of a concern at that point. I will remember, however, so the jackhole who bailed just ended up on The List.

There are a few ways to mitigate the problem. One is to farm keys as a matter of course. If you have 90-odd T3MDs, you don't really need anyone's help particularly to get that TrinP system blueprint. Just sayin'. The other is carefully look at your fellow tenno. If one seems a bit twitchy, make him go first. If he won't (clue!), dissolve the team and try again. Things to look for are running on of the mouth about plat sales, cheating, and bragging about what he did to the last team (yeah, it happens). Other things are being cautious of players with low MR and especially low hours played. They can't have many keys (if any), so they're suspect and therefore go first.

In the end, this is all on the playerbase and DE has nothing really to do with it. Hopefully the revamp of the system chart will ameliorate this sort of thing, but that remains to be seen.