Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Username...

MrEvilMexican

Question

well anyways i was typing stuff in the trading chat as usual trying to buy a prisma skana...

as you all know, my username is MrEvilMEXICAN and im guessing the guy who offered me the prisma skana and yh, he typed in spanish and i told him that just cos my user is mrevilmex does not mean im mexican and he took it the racist way...

._. and then probs he go full rage... i just wanted your opinions... is my user racist AT ALL? i just dont want ppl complaining about me being racist when i named my tenno MrEvilEMex cos i like burritos... so yh i doubt a community mod wont lock this and gimme a warning but still... ill kinda feel bad that if i offend ppl when i didnt make my user the racist way...

T_T

Depends on the person, most likely change mexican for any other region like american, indian, rusian, etc .. theres always going to be someone ofendend for the most simple things...Im mexican and after reading your name i thought you were one but im not ofended at all.

Edited by xDesconocidox

Your name is about as offensive as some Tennos colour schemes. 

It might burn your eyes, but it shouldn't ruin  your day.

Besides, it depends on how you read the name.

For instance, are you referring to an evil person that also happens to be mexican? Or are you implying said hypothetical person is evil because they're mexician?

Now I'm gonna go with option one: Ergo, not racist or offensive.

Huh, English, amright Tenno?.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

i mean i guess it was poor judgment and i frankly would change it if i was you (that is possible for 200plat) because you simply wont get much respect in the game with a name like that. however is it wrong? not necessarily. does he have a right to rage at you? none what so ever

Chill mate, I got creepy Pms and death threats for the first three months that I started playing Warframe.

Apparently it's feminine and people thought I was Amy Lee.

fml

But you do sing, right? ;)

Either way, it's an awesome name, although some people do tend to...shall we say, 'speak freely' with their usernames.

you use that as your username. if you find it racist, you probably wouldn't choose it. so no, it's not racist, but this is the internetand someone will call you for it. 

I mean, I guess one day one very angry street fighter guy will get mad at me. I'll probably just ignore him.

You made made me scroll a lot to read burritos?!!!!!

NOW IM MAD!!!!!

sorry im kinda troll too lool sometimes i like to be troll sorry ill give u a vault mod to make up for it how does heavy caliber sound to u?

oh yh and i,warned u it was a troll and u decided not to heed to my advice

Edited by MrEvilMexican

sorry im kinda troll too lool sometimes i like to be troll sorry ill give u a vault mod to make up for it how does heavy caliber sound to u?

oh yh and i,warned u it was a troll and u decided not to heed to my advice

lol I think he was being sarcastic...unless you too, are being sarcastic which will make me look like a fool... >.>

well seems to me that your name is either saying

1) you are mexican and consider yourself to be evil = ok

2) you are not a mexican but you are making a statement that mexicans are evil = rasist and not ok.

that's like saying that since in a movie there is a generic evil empire one of the messages the movie is trying to say is that all empires are evil. I don't think it works that way.

also, that would mean that I'm an illiterate demon or that all demons are actually spelled daemons and are illiterate. well then.

All this burrito talk is making me hungry...

From my perspective, your name suggests that you're a male (Mr) and you're a evil Mexican(EvilMexican). My name suggests that I'm also a male(Mr) and Jxt (whatever that means).

At the end of the day, it's all about context. Unfortunately for you, that person misinterpreted your name the wrong way.