Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe China New Frame Revealed "nezha"? (Update) [Megathread]

DonGucciRice

Yeah...no.

I wish they would use original concept and name and not just pick divinity's name like wukong and nezha.

And for OP if you click on the link above (or play smite) you will notice how this character is supposed to be the "third lotus prince" or something and he looks like a girl but he's a little boy.

(oh god i hate smite for using that character, and soon warframe xD)

And no this is what the owners of chinese warframe wanted so nothing about DE doing this really.

Yeah...no.

I wish they would use original concept and name and not just pick divinity's name like wukong and nezha.

(btw poor wukong, over used character)

And for OP if you click on the link above (or play smite) you will notice how this character is supposed to be the "third lotus prince" or something and he looks like a girl but he's a little boy.

(oh god i hate smite for using that character, and soon warframe xD)

It is really irritating that they have thousands of concept for warframes 100x cooler than Nezha, but they use some random character that no body cares about or wants to see

And no this is what the owners of chinese warframe wanted so nothing about DE doing this really.

Where did i talk about DE ? I talked about people in general using divinity for characters, like wukong being used in warframe and LoL as an example.

I can't blame smite since the whole concept is based on that.

It is really irritating that they have thousands of concept for warframes 100x cooler than Nezha, but they use some random character that no body cares about or wants to see

Yeah that too....

nope, just think he looks feminine and why not just make the warframe a female instead of that weird abomination ( I mean no disrespect) But why the pig tails

He's not female for the same reason Atlas, Loki, Oberon, and Vauban aren't female and Nyx, Valkyr, and Banshee aren't male. They're all based on preexisting characters. He looks girly because he's a 7 year old boy from 3000 years ago and that's the hairstyle Chinese boys wore ~1050 B.C.

China has canon of humans in suits, if I understand it correctly. Therefore this can be either a slim man or a slim woman.

Obviously not built like Saryn.

But I guess they believe in every warframe sits a human specific to that warframe.

Anyway, why the surprise? No one here seem any anime or manga?

Being Chinese , I dislike this whole journey to the west concept, specially when the name is litterelly the same as how you say it in Chinese. Nezha , is litterelly how u say his name in Chinese , at least twist the name abit. ash is Japanese influenced frame , naming him "ninja" and ull feel how I feel with nezha and wukon.

Edited by Kz.Prime

Personally I like the model for him, it's a nice break from all the other frames. Almost every male frame is either super buff looking, seem to be wearing super heavy armour, or are very bulky in one aspect or another.

Nezha, while not a particularly unique concept especially given them having just done Wukong, is still a unique looking frame.

To me Nezha seems to have the build of a martial artist, a defined but not bulky build, and a warframe that suits that seems to be very flexible and non-obstructive.

I don't get why everyone seems to think every male frame has to look like Rhino in order to be considered a male frame. Nezha is pretty clearly a male frame to me, one that looks a lot like a fighter, probably more so than most of the other frames that are just brute strength or very clearly ability reliant.

Personally I like the model for him, it's a nice break from all the other frames. Almost every male frame is either super buff looking, seem to be wearing super heavy armour, or are very bulky in one aspect or another.

Nezha, while not a particularly unique concept especially given them having just done Wukong, is still a unique looking frame.

To me Nezha seems to have the build of a martial artist, a defined but not bulky build, and a warframe that suits that seems to be very flexible and non-obstructive.

I don't get why everyone seems to think every male frame has to look like Rhino in order to be considered a male frame. Nezha is pretty clearly a male frame to me, one that looks a lot like a fighter, probably more so than most of the other frames that are just brute strength or very clearly ability reliant.

Limbo,Nekros and Loki aren't buff looking.

Its more the shape of the helmet and the way the ribbons remind me of braids that made me assume it was female.

Androgynity is not a problem in Warframe unless DE states Tenno are in fact human pilots. But even then there is the Guyver-solution.

Did nobody see this:

cvV4EEr.png

And immediately think of this:

bruce-lee-nunchucks-way-of-the-dragon-2.

Or see this:

E3CXLoE.png

And think of something akin to this:

9cc23c06452e4de219a57d772dde59f7.jpg

Also while I can't quite find a similar image the clothing is actually pretty close to a style of outfit in real life that I can't quite put my finger on the origins of, with a (generally) similar colour scheme to the frames default colour.

The warframe is quite clearly based around a martial artists figure, very lean but muscular, with aspects of the actual Nezha deity such as the Universe Ring on his back, and the Red Armillary Sash over his "shoulders" (technically from his head, which is practically the majority of the reason why most people are assuming it looks feminine...) and helmet ornamentation that I'd assume is supposed to resemble the most common depictions of Nezha's hairstyle.

Save those pesky 1.3 billion people in china that the rest of east Asia that recognise that character concept and might like the idea, but who cares about them amirite!

/s

What the heck is all of this cheese about Nezha? I have seen a picture and that is the most feminine looking warframe ever, why is it a guy? Wouldn't it disrupt the gender balance? Seriously what is Nezha and what are "her" abilities? Is this chick confirmed by DE, because someone said it was only on China Warframe?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nezha_(Warframe)

That gives a basic rundown of this frame. The power set looks pretty cool.

He's not female for the same reason Atlas, Loki, Oberon, and Vauban aren't female and Nyx, Valkyr, and Banshee aren't male. They're all based on preexisting characters. He looks girly because he's a 7 year old boy from 3000 years ago and that's the hairstyle Chinese boys wore ~1050 B.C.

Funny thing that you mention loki since in mythology Loki given birth...to a horse, yup loki is "mother" of eight-legged horse Sleipnir....