Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Everyone Hate Chroma?

(XBOX)a salsa wizard

Lately I have seen a bunch of hate on Chroma even though he is one of my favorite frames. People complain about his design, but Chroma looks really cool and his abilities are pretty good especially Vex Armor. Everyone seems to like Saryn these days and I'm not sure why, her design and abilities are nothing that great compared to Chroma. Why does everyone hate him, he is really fun to play and you can basically mold him into whatever attack damage you want which is really cool. I know that people say that he is over complicated, and I kind of agree I would say that he looks a lot better without his second skin and I think it wold be cool if you could choose to just you use his under skin look. Can someone please explain why he is so bad and worthless to everyone?

I haven't really used Chroma because it seems to me that Mirage's 1 and 3 offer comparable offense, defense, and even supportive buffs for far less energy than Chroma's 2 and 3, and on top of that, Mirage's 4 is one of the very best CC abilities in the game. As for Effigy... eh.

I plan to take another look at Chroma soon, though.

I have never heard of people hating on Chroma, but it all comes down to opinion. Chroma is a great frame, if they don't like him, then they don't like him. Don't waste your energy on them. Their opinions don't matter. The only opinion that matters is your own. Forget everyone else.

Why are you letting the opinions of others affect you? If you like Chroma, then do. You don't need other people's opinions to help justify what you like. It's all about personal preference. I main both Saryn and Chroma but I'm not going to throw a fit about just because you don't like Saryn.

Just do your own thing.

Everyone seems to like Saryn these days and I'm not sure why

People have always loved Saryn.

Edited by AxialBlue

As it stands, something needs to be done with Chroma's Spectral Scream (personally, I'd like the damage to "proc" more often so that kill time is improved and there's more chances to inflict status effects), and Effigy needs to drain less energy. Other than that, I love him.

I really like chroma. I think he's an interesting tank. What people see as complicated I see as intfuiging. If people hate because he's "too complicated" it's symptomatic of the new school warframe players. Oh well...

Saryn is on of my more played frames, but it's because of the press 4 to win. I hate vault runs at this point do I use her there. I also speed run T1 and T2 missions with her. Her augments make her slightly more interesting. It does make me laugh to see so much interest in her recently as I've basically shelved her.

The only thing about chroma I don't like is his looks, but ironically I'm starting to like his looks because I think he looks ridiculous. How's that for a laugh? lol

Maybe they didn't give chroma a fair chance ? 

anyway, I personally love chroma ... expecially ice chroma

the only thing I dislike about him is his back .. just ruins the look .. can't stand it and can't hide it with any of the syandanas don't know how to make it look less horrible

I do not hate Chroma but I do find myself somewhat conflicted. He is good gamplay design wise considering that a lot of his abilities are fairly balanced for use at certain situations which is rare for a lot of Warframes although a lot of them have become better aligned with the reworks. Still I find his playstyle being somewhat boring because you tend to activate one of his passives for specific purposes. The Elemental Ward does damage and gives some boost to you which is great, but not very interesting. Same goes with the Vex Armor - ability as well. The ultimate is alright and I like that it is different but maybe the sort of fire and forget ability in the background or foreground isn't that interesting. I seriously wish it would be this sort of pet that would move around slowly and instead of being timed one, it would still retrain its energy per second style. And of course his first ability is a bit more interesting but maybe the damage could be increased and so would the cost because it is basically just a slow flamethrower and I do believe it is a bit too passive.

If Chroma's kit would be more geared to a bit more active role with a good balance of passive role of his semi-passive Elemental Ward and Vex Armor with the 1st and 4th abilities that would be modified to be a bit more active abilities, that if anything would make him far more interesting gameplay wise and balance wise. A Warframe I am sure that many more would enjoy playing.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

I think to like this game you can't judge looks on first impressions, there's always *something* that's going to warp your brain. But after a bit you get used to it.

I like chroma, but he's slow and has some weapon holster animation issues so I only play him occasionally.

Drac helmet is best helmet.