The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us The Option To Hide The Syandanas?

(PSN)KrakenUnchained

Hiding Syandanas seems to be a completely reasonable request.  I'm not honestly a huge fan of them either, but I got one, because I eventually want arcanes, so I'm getting used to having it on. 

There is honestly no reason to not provide any simple cosmetic option if it is relatively easy to implement.  A decent portion of this game is dedicated to getting your frame, weapons, bird dog, pet robot, ship, and freaking kneepads to look exactly how you want them.  I don't see a problem with this.  They have a Syandana, they have the arcane, they want to use them.  They shouldn't be required to wear a Tenno-tail if they don't want to.

*edited for spelling

Edited by (PS4)Mewing_Raven

No, it doesn't. The problem with gen 1 arcanes was that they were a dedicated stat bound to a helmet, no exceptions. If you liked the design of a helmet, but the stats were nothing but garbage (Vauban's beret helm, forgot name, was +stamina -duration, like wtf), then you were sol, you had to deal with bad stats, or using a helmet that wasn't as good.

Now, if you wish to have the stats, you bind them to items of your choice, not a static item.

And if you don't like the syandanas you are in the same position. Take the buff and be ugly or don't and be at a disadvantage.DE partially fixed the problem, but the core issue still exists.

Personally, I think Arcanes should be independent from cosmetics.

you... do realize arcanes aren't game changing.... right...?

you also realize you don't have to have a syandana.... don't you?

If you have an issue with arcanes, keep farming them and apply the arcanes to your helmets. there ARE arcane distillers out there as well so you can take out the arcanes you have in a syandana.

really you're complaining when you have work arounds....

If you have an issue with arcanes, keep farming them and apply the arcanes to your helmets. there ARE arcane distillers out there as well so you can take out the arcanes you have in a syandana.

so that make raids exclusive for people that likes syandanas.. and if you like syandanas you can get +2 revives, otherwise nope.. not for you man!

Please read pages 5-6.

Now that syndanas are mandatory for an optimal warframe (because of arcanes) could you please allow us to make it invisible as we can with weapons?

As much as I like some of the syndanas there are warframes that look weird or even ugly with syndanas. Especially the igaro syndana make several warframes look like they have a metal pole sticking out of their back with cloth attached to it, more than a cloak. Which is unfortunate, because it is a really nice looking syndana. On some warframes a syndana doesn't even fit at all, in my opinion. Sometimes I just want to be able to see the cool weapons on their back while being able to take advantage of the arcanes on my cloak.

Off course this is subjective. I am sure there are people that like the look of a syndana on all of their frames, but it would be nice to be able to chose whether it should be visible or not.

Incorrect usage of the word mandatory.

Food is mandatory, logging in to play the game is mandatory. Syandanas are not.

Options don't hurt, so sure, doesn't bother me. But ''mandatory'' arcanes are a poor reason.

Edited by DeMonkey

I understand your concern and i see why you think the way you do. however, there are quite a few syndanas that are small and/or can be colored to blend in with the specific warframe. this would allow you to keep your arcanes on but not have to see a huge syndana on the back of it.   On the other hand, you could always but the arcane on a helmet and not have any syndana problems.

Incorrect usage of the word mandatory.

Food is mandatory, logging in to play the game is mandatory. Syandanas are not.

Options don't hurt, so sure, doesn't hurt me. But ''mandatory'' arcanes are a poor reason.

The Arcane helmets were "mandatory". That's why we don't have em anymore. People actually felt that the small stats were a must, but didn't like the appearance. So really, we're back to square one.

The Arcane helmets were "mandatory". That's why we don't have em anymore. People actually felt that the small stats were a must, but didn't like the appearance. So really, we're back to square one.

well the idea with this style is that you can add the arcane to which ever helm or syndana you like or thinks looks good. before if you wanted power strength you had to have the arua frost helm even if you didn't like it.(example idk what it actually is) but now you can add any of the arcanes to the squall helm cause that's the one that you like. you aren't bound to any specific helm or syndana expect by your own doing

As much as I hate to admit this because of how counter intuitive it is- I agree. I personally think arcanes should be able to be made into crystals or something and that each warframe just has 2 slots you can fill with them and move them around as you please... The reason old arcanes were taken out was because stats on cosmetics is bad- but back then it wasn't an option or customizable. DE's logic in bringing it back this way is that you have the choice, which we do. But if you REALLY want to push a build to the max- you have to wear SOMETHING. Sadly for people like me who think most syandanas are not-so-great that kinda sucks...

well the idea with this style is that you can add the arcane to which ever helm or syndana you like or thinks looks good. before if you wanted power strength you had to have the arua frost helm even if you didn't like it.(example idk what it actually is) but now you can add any of the arcanes to the squall helm cause that's the one that you like. you aren't bound to any specific helm or syndana expect by your own doing

What if you're like me. I use the Arcane helmets and I don't really care for appearances/cosmetics because I just simply don't like Syandanas or arm/leg pads, blah blah. I use whatever Arcane helmet gives the best stats, regardless of how it makes my Frame look because to me, Stats > Appearance.

Having said that, I really don't like Syandanas. I personally think they look horrible. And if I had Arcane Enhancers, I'd be at a (albeit, slight) disadvantage because I just refuse to use Syandanas. So if we had the option to hide them, that would be great for players who use Arcane helmets but don't like Syandanas just because they think they're ridiculous.

What if you're like me. I use the Arcane helmets and I don't really care for appearances/cosmetics because I just simply don't like Syandanas or arm/leg pads, blah blah. I use whatever Arcane helmet gives the best stats, regardless of how it makes my Frame look because to me, Stats > Appearance.

Having said that, I really don't like Syandanas. I personally think they look horrible. And if I had Arcane Enhancers, I'd be at a (albeit, slight) disadvantage because I just refuse to use Syandanas. So if we had the option to hide them, that would be great for players who use Arcane helmets but don't like Syandanas just because they think they're ridiculous.

if Stats > appearance then get over it. if you don't like how it looks then whatever as long as it gets you better stats right? your argument is really loose and confusing because your like appearance doesn't matter if I have stats but I don't like how this one cosmetic time looks so i can't wear it and that sucks.  

if Stats > appearance then get over it. if you don't like how it looks then whatever as long as it gets you better stats right? your argument is really loose and confusing because your like appearance doesn't matter if I have stats but I don't like how this one cosmetic time looks so i can't wear it and that sucks.

Syandanas are a deal breaker when it comes to stats > appearance because they flap everywhere.

"Then why not use a Syndicate Syandanas?"

Because then you have glowing energy coming out of your back that just looks horrible.

Arcane helmets used to be stats on cosmetics, which was a bad idea for most, because people preferred one set of stats with the other helmet. And now they're doing it again. Stats on cosmetics. Except for people who still use Arcane helmets, it's stats on Syandanas. And if you don't like how Syandanas are, then you're stuck with "do I want the stats or do I want this annoying flappy thing everywhere I go?" I've only used 4 Syandanas, each of them I only used once because I hated it. One of them was the Syndicate one and like I just said, I hated it.

Now, I don't use Arcane Enhancers, nor do I plan to, but I 100% agree to having the option to hide Syandanas. This works in EVERYONE's favour because if you don't like it, hide it. If you DO like it, don't hide it. Literally everyone out ther wins.

Well I enjoy min maxing alot, but I also like making my warframe look as cool as possible. It is one of the reasons I always come back to warframe. I think visually most of the frames are as close to if not perfect so I dont like covering them up with accessories or putting on dangly bits to be able to enjoy another aspect of the game, namely enhancements.

I don't see why it should be a problem to let people decide whether or not they want to see their syndanas now that they are no longer only cosmetics. To let people use whatever they they want and still be able to enjoy the benefits from enhancements.

*DE community team to dev team scenario*

Community team "hay players are asking to make there weapons on there back invisible... can you guys do something to make it happen?"

Dev team "yeah we can add a hide option and even make a fancy void shift when they switch weapons, No problem."

Community team "hay players are asking to make Syandanas invisable for arcane users but they dont really want to wear them for personal appearance taste, can you guys do something about that?"

Dev team "i guess we can just use the hide feature for weapons and just copy it over to it and change a few lines of code... doesnt seem to complicated, we can look in to it."

Elitists team "no no no you cannot apply this because reasons and i am correct, i know programming and blabla"
lol, nice added paragraph. Edited by (XB1)brenon45

Some frames looks ugly, lets add visibility for them optional too!

Now serios what the point of accessories if you can't see them?

If they're just cosmetic, no point in not being able to see them.  But if you're only using them to get the stat boost from an A.E., then...

It's not gonna happen because people like you, that actually dislike syndanas are as frequent as summer snow, in range of statistical error. 

I understand if you dislike cape like batman stuff, it's not for everyone, however things like uru, asa or yamako are cherry on a top to each warframe. Just get asa and color it black, if you hate them so much. 

It's not gonna happen because people like you, that actually dislike syndanas are as frequent as summer snow, in range of statistical error. 

I understand if you dislike cape like batman stuff, it's not for everyone, however things like uru, asa or yamako are cherry on a top to each warframe. Just get asa and color it black, if you hate them so much. 

i did that but why should i have to suck it up and have a lesser gaming experience when i can ask for this reasonable presumably easy to implement feature that would have absolutely no negative impact? also i can only buy 1 asa and there are how many arcane enhancements?