The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] Which Warframe Needs A Rework The Most?

Auramaru

I voted Oberon, because he's easily outclassed by Trinity and I feel bad :s

But he's not in competition with Trinity?  She's a dedicated healer, Oberon is more of just a general buff-based frame, though to be more specific he's intentionally middle of the line.  Too much power in healing, he's just another Trinity, too much power in damage, he's just another Press 4 to Win frame.  I like playing him because I've got everything I need to get through a mission normally, he's tough, he can heal in an emergency, he can stun/lock-down enemy movement, and I LOVE how he looks, especially with the Oryx helmet.  I even use him as a pseudo enemy radar by casting on an enemy and letting the orbs find more prey for me.

"-Which Warframe do I use the least?"
Lets see... Mesa cause that's the only one I don't own... otherwise... Vauban or Ash

"-Which Warframe do I find overly-situational?"
Limbo hands down.

"-Which Warframe is lacking compared to others?"
I feel like this is Mag now with G-pull nerfed, Rhino is lacking a bit too, always has been when there's other frames that tank better then the age old "Tank" frame

"-Which Warframe do I think needs a much-needed update?"
Mag, and Rhino... so I guess these win definitely for me.

Trying to keep it short, many feel his abilities are redundant among themselves, inferior to other frame abilities, and likely more often than not to not help teammates. My personal analysis goes like this:

Banish- "Very skill shotty". It requires precise aiming to utilize and only affects one target. 

Rift Walk- Has a semi-long casting time. That's really all I see wrong with this power. Personally I think it would be cool to roll Banish and Rift Walk into one ability, a short press on "1" while targeting an enemy/ally would put them in the Rift while holding down for a second "1" would put you into the Rift. This would free up his "2" for something else.

Rift Surge- An inferior iteration of Rhino's roar that will only affect the targets you Banish or those in Cataclysm. It is too situational. 

Cataclysm- Besides denying pickups from allies I find that all color is washed out by Cataclysm and it makes it harder to see enemies. You also can't shoot out of it, limiting your engagement range.

I don't hate Limbo, I just hate where he is right now, which is a place of intense criticism and unwieldiness that not even Equinox is stuck in.

I personally like the concept of Limbo just snapping his fingers to activate Rift Walk, to keep with his Showmanship routine, would speed up casting time, and add a tiny bit more personality to the frame who already has a ton of it. 

I agree with all your statements though, I love Limbo, his design, the concept behind the rift is good, just everything about him seems really...understated, which I find slightly ironic with all the time they put into making him a truly interesting character.

Many people seem to argue that he actually has too MUCH personality to fit with the rest of the frames, but I relish the character put into him and Mirage...they're more than just armors, they become actual characters.

Vauban Because Magnetic Damage. Bounce is useless due to Parkour 2.0, and has only a base damage of 175 when maxed.

I really can't help but agree, I mean, it's kinda fun to send enemies flying, but at the very least, I'd want it to be duration based, not number of enemies bounced. I'd love to put that kinda bounce in a tight crawlspace and see ragdolls spinning through walls somehow. 

In truth though, I think he just needs a new ability altogether, it seems far too similar to Excalibur's former super jump, and that's all I can see besides a short bit of enemy bouncing fun which is only that, fun, not terribly useful.

Leave the rift for a second or learn to not rely on Rift Walk. Simple

Rift Walk is his whole gimmick though, it is all focused around the rift, and rift walk is the only way for Limbo to get in aside from Cataclysm.  He's not useless, not by a long shot, but he's also lacking as well.  He is the only frame I consistently see described as a solo frame, some say Loki is a close second but I have yet to see a single topic about Limbo that didn't have many people proclaiming his use as a single player frame and you know what? That's alright.

But this isn't a single player game.  You have the option, yes, but it is an MMO, meaning it is ALL based around Multiplayer.  Going Solo is fine, but a proper character for an MMO should have some manner of predictable support, even if it's as a tank, that's at least drawing aggro and giving weaker characters a chance.  Limbo CAN be used for support, but generally it's unwanted.  The only real thing he can do to aid anyone is keep singular enemies out of the game or take a player out in the same fashion, with nothing but a small energy regeneration as help.  Cataclysm does damage, but that falls off after not too long, and I will admit the seperate plains of existence are fantastic to protect a defense point, but really, how else does he aid allies? 

Limbo's main problem, as I see it, is that he was designed almost entirely around Solo play, where he can indeed work miracles with a skilled player, but he can just as easily cause massive confusion for any players accompanying him.

I'd go with Oberon since it's the one I've been using for most of the time.

It's considered an all-rounder, but that doesn't justify bad mechanics and lack of direction.

The reasons are the same I expressed in a few other threads, I'll try to keep it short:

1- Confusion is good (but it's all he has for endgame).

Fixed duration means potential to ditch Duration at all.

Nyx has 2x+ duration but Oberon can cast Smite Infusion (base 40 sec +100% damage) on the other team mates.

More damage, more procs. It costs a slot, but you're totally gonna ditch duration if you go this way.

2- Healing and "tanking" are not really a thing. Oberon isn't Chroma, and even Chroma likes a Snow Globe.

Renewal needs to be active ahead of dire emergency. This means it won't help at all when enemies can kill you in a few seconds.

Trinity's "healing" is good because it isn't just healing: it's basically full health + full shields + damage resistance (unrelated to armor) and it's instant.

In almost all situations you can prevent way more than the damage you would be healing with Renewal by casting Reckoning istead for greater results. Just take cover and stop the enemy.

The emphasis should be on removing negative status, greatly slowing bleedouts (without requiring extreme modding to notice the effect) and quicker revives on affected allies. No travel time, no extra costs.

You need a valid reason to cast this instead of Reckoning. Niche found, job done?

3- Hallowed Ground becomes negligible past level 30-40.

If it was an aura or it gave a debuff that lasted a while after the enemies walk out of it, then it would have some use.

Edited by Darkwings83

Hydroid fills the same niche as Vauban, but requires a bit more... finesse. Vauban you can throw down his skills pretty much anywhere and accomplish your goal, while you actually have to know what you're doing for Hydroid.

Yes, but this isn't a rework if you're just tweaking an ability. This one is super easy to aim, and once you figure out how to avoid doorways with your targeting, you don't even notice. I wouldn't mind them tweaking this to boost his popularity so you kiddies can use him.

Thing is, this ability is much, much more than Rhino's charge. Rhino's charge has only a striking radius of 2m. Hydroid's radious is 6m. This means any enemies in your path get knocked on their asses. Rhino's charge is only .35s, whereas Hydroid's lasts for 1s. Building duration does not change the time, only the distance traveled. So Rhino will make a quick short jump, whereas Hydroid can clear an entire room with his 2 if properly aimed. Loki rushers ain't got S#&$ on that, and I love it.

Hydroid's 3 makes him useful for a number of situations. Lots of enemies attacking the pod? Puddle. Delay the enemy DPS while your team recharges and reloads. Running a Spy/Rescue mission? Memorize guard patrol patterns, and leave a wet floor sign in their walkway. Let the 25 DPS damage them a little bit, then pop out of the puddle and use a finisher from your melee weapon on their face. If they don't die, puddle before they get back up, rinse and repeat. Survival mission? Get a room with only one entrance, and chill there as a puddle.

That's because this is how they are meant to function. The spawn damage the tentacles do is applied as finisher damage, the ONLY other frame that can do this is Ashe. If you need some high DPS on a target, simply aim to the right or the left of them and cast there. The tentacles, if you cast right, will usually explode out of the ground and turn your target into a cloud of XP. If you're running a defense/interception/endless mission, then cast the Tentacles on a small doorway, your Tempest Barrage on another, and Puddle on the third. You've now locked down your room solo.

Hydroid is by default, a delayframe. His purpose is to slow the enemy advance, and give his teammates more time to prepare. You can also build him for maximum single target DPS by reducing his range, and oneshot bosses with Tentacle spawns. You can also build him for maximum duration and zoom past anyone else for rushing objectives, or getting to allies to heal/assist them. Along with Pilfering Swarm to switch to Lootdroid, Tidal Impunity to cleanse allies of Debuffs, and Curative Undertow to heal allies. He's a jack of all trades frame, and with 65 AR, a slightly higher shield capacity at 345 which gives him a higher shield recharge rate, not-squish HP at 300, he can also double as an off-tank as well.

Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than a master of one.

I can't favorite this, but I would do it repeatedly for hours.

People are throwing out Oberon a lot. Honestly I like Oberon, I main him and I feel he doesn't have that much of an issue getting through most modes and high lvl play. That said it would be super if they do something about Hallowed Ground. Even after the rework its just still not useful. Smite can knockdown and proc radiation, Heal is heal (not better than trinity but for your own personal heal not that bad), Reckoning is nice for the damage, radiation, and blind (would be awesome for better health drops). Hallow Ground damage is pitiful and the buff it puts on Armor I can't really tell and its hard to get actual numbers of how much bonus you get. Most of his augments suck and he has no passive. Most of that was just off the top of my head and their are more little details on all the abilities that could use some change.

He's in a good spot but just needs a little more tweaking to be in the best spot.