Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis Scanner Widgets Worth?

ThunderZsolt

Question

I don't care about the credit cost for the scanner charges, so the sol battery widget is out of question.

the other 2 are actually good?

how much time it takes one scan with the vector-thread widget?

does the cross-matrix widget add the +1 scan often, or it has like 10% chance? (i assume it doesn't work on synthesis targets)

14 answers to this question

1) It's not about the cost, it's about never having to bother with restocking, or having a situation when you're out of scans mid mission because you forgot to buy it. 

2) About twice as fast.

3) Not often, ~25-33% chance of it happening. Doesn't affect synthesis targets.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

I find all three of the widgets to be fairly useful.  The scan time one is pretty essential if you plan on regularly scanning synthesis targets for reputation, I'd argue it even removes the need for trying to keep your target from running away (using Kinetic traps, abilities, etc.)  The cross-matrix widget is pretty good for powering through non-essential scans that you might be doing for the Codex, and it happens fairly often.  

I'd say if you have extra reputation to blow, you have no reason not to get all three widgets though since two mitigate a lot of repetitive relay visits for players on their own and the third can work well for Codex junkies.

Sol battery is amazing.  Why? I don't have to go to the relay's just to buy scanners, it's not about cost, it's about convenience.  The speed increase from Vector thread is damned nice,it was my second purchase.

the double scan thing works ok, it's nice for when you use the scanner in place of your normal scanner.

Edited by Gelkor

I would note that double-scanning doesn't add to your rep gain tho, just the codex, and odds are good that you're likely scanning something you've scanned before or will again, even in that mission, if you're hunting rep. It's nice to have if you're trying to get scans *for* the codex tho.

I don't care about the credit cost for the scanner charges, so the sol battery widget is out of question.

You should get it anyway, it's amazing

Vector Thread is almost negligible. Almost. It does help a little, but 20% faster on a process that already takes 1 second is... yeah. It really only helps with actual Synthesis targets

Edited by TARINunit9

I use Loki and Shade for stealth scan to get double point and also the occasional double scans with the cross-matrix widget so sometime I get quadruple scan points!!

Also, with invisibility you won't need to use the trap anymore :-)

P.S. - make sure you don't bring Helios though else he'll steal your shots... (assuming you know that we can also scan other enemies beside the synthesis target)

I use Loki and Shade for stealth scan to get double point and also the occasional double scans with the cross-matrix widget so sometime I get quadruple scan points!!

Also, with invisibility you won't need to use the trap anymore :-)

Is the above really true? If I use Loki to scan synthesis targets, they start running away after first scan unless I'm at max range, at which point they do not run at all even if I'm not cloaked.

Its true that you get 2x points for stealth scans, but that's it. In the early days the target would ignore you scanning it when you're invisible and they are unaware, but nowadays they always seem to run. Also 2x scans from cross-matrix never provides double points, it just fills the codex faster.

Its true that you get 2x points for stealth scans, but that's it. In the early days the target would ignore you scanning it when you're invisible and they are unaware, but nowadays they always seem to run. Also 2x scans from cross-matrix never provides double points, it just fills the codex faster.

You're right about the cross-matrix widget, it only give a chance for double scans, not double the points. It'll certainly help completing the daily synthesis task faster once DE release that part of the game to us console players... Well, at least I'm ready for it, so bring it, DE!!