Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Is Strong Evidence For Tenno Being Humans

vrdwrst

Everyone knows the lore in his entry, but in light of the never ending what's-a-Tenno debate, I picked up on something. His gear is designed to kill humans, not machines. The Dread was built to decapitate things. That wouldn't be very useful against a robot, if that's what Tenno were. The Hate is a scythe because why not, and the Despair have the theoretical sharpest edge, helpful for piercing a Warframe and damaging its occupant. He doesn't take gas pelets to kill an Infested body. If the Tenno were detatched spirits, shouldn't he be trying to track you down and cast some kind of void exorcism on you, not down your replacable body? Because when he kills me, he says vrdwrst is no more. I am vrdwrst, I am a Tenno, the destruction of my physical body is the end of me. Unless, of course, Tenno are detatched beings and their sworen enemy doesn't know anything about the people he's been trying to kill for the past century.

Not to say Tenno couldn't be detached. Anything's possible with this much ambiguity. But that theory just has much less direct eveidence from hard story, relying instead on making gameplay appear logical and canon. I apreceate it, but it has much less straight up evidence, something that makes me shy away from it. So please keep an open mind, and don't flame the heck out of this.

Everyone knows the lore in his entry, but in light of the never ending what's-a-Tenno debate, I picked up on something. His gear is designed to kill humans, not machines. The Dread was built to decapitate things. That wouldn't be very useful against a robot, if that's what Tenno were. The Hate is a scythe because why not, and the Despair have the theoretical sharpest edge, helpful for piercing a Warframe and damaging its occupant. He doesn't take gas pelets to kill an Infested body. If the Tenno were detatched spirits, shouldn't he be trying to track you down and cast some kind of void exorcism on you, not down your replacable body? Because when he kills me, he says vrdwrst is no more. I am vrdwrst, I am a Tenno, the destruction of my physical body is the end of me. Unless, of course, Tenno are detatched beings and their sworen enemy doesn't know anything about the people he's been trying to kill for the past century.

Not to say Tenno couldn't be detached. Anything's possible with this much ambiguity. But that theory just has much less direct eveidence from hard story, relying instead on making gameplay appear logical and canon. I apreceate it, but it has much less straight up evidence, something that makes me shy away from it. So please keep an open mind, and don't flame the heck out of this.

One thing I'll risk going into- isn't Stalker also Tenno?

One thing I'll risk going into- isn't Stalker also Tenno?

Either a Tenno the Lotus forgot about (Freed from the Neural Sentries and put back into the 2nd dream after the destruction of the Orokin) or is himself an Orokin or something else entirely. The Second Dream quest should show more lore about him... or her? X3

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Not everything made of flesh is human.

Warframes use flesh as health, but so do skates. Tiny skates in mech suits...

There seems to be a lot of things saying that they are human, ie we put a frame around the twisted few that came back. Bad quoting, but we haven't seen any humanoid nonhuman life. Sentient maybe, but Tenno were made to fight them, sonthat wouldn't make any sense.

Either a Tenno the Lotus forgot about (Freed from the Neural Sentries and put back into the 2nd dream after the destruction of the Orokin) or is himself an Orokin or something else entirely. The Second Dream quest should show more lore about him... or her? X3

....or them?

He's just a Low Guardian, whatever those are. Not geneticaly Orokin, because those are the Dax. So a normal boring human drafted for the Old War, who got his hands on some Warframe tech to make his own with. Probably has a genetically enhanced lifespan, beacuse Darvo's 100.

Come to think of it, Stalker DOES kind of shoot down the "Tenno are controlling Warframes through astral projection from aboard their LISET (or the moon, or whatever)" theory, as if Alad V didn't already do that. If Stalker was going to teleport inside your mission randomly and kill you, why wouldn't he just teleport to wherever your REAL body was and kill that instead?

He's just a Low Guardian, whatever those are. Not geneticaly Orokin, because those are the Dax. So a normal boring human drafted for the Old War, who got his hands on some Warframe tech to make his own with. Probably has a genetically enhanced lifespan, beacuse Darvo's 100.

I mean, he does have a modified warframe, has tenno abilities, there are confirmed tenno operating outside the lotus' ranks (survival), and was there at a reward ceremony for the tenno, guarding the Orokin, as was a known tenno job. There's the whole debate on what the frames are, too, so, I'm not sure there is any hard proof on anything. Stalker should just be listed as:

Antagonist(?)

Or by damaging the Warframe that's acting as the body of the Tenno you're effectively able to damage the Tenno as well. Everything from Alad's speak to the demise of the Mirage-using Tenno at the end of Hidden Messages has pretty much confirmed that when a Tenno is occupying a Warframe they're pretty well bound together.

Come to think of it, Stalker DOES kind of shoot down the "Tenno are controlling Warframes through astral projection from aboard their LISET (or the moon, or whatever)" theory, as if Alad V didn't already do that. If Stalker was going to teleport inside your mission randomly and kill you, why wouldn't he just teleport to wherever your REAL body was and kill that instead?

Yeah, I still don't get how that theory's been able to gain ground.

I mean, he does have a modified warframe, has tenno abilities, there are confirmed tenno operating outside the lotus' ranks (survival), and was there at a reward ceremony for the tenno, guarding the Orokin, as was a known tenno job. There's the whole debate on what the frames are, too, so, I'm not sure there is any hard proof on anything. Stalker should just be listed as:

Antagonist(?)

During his Codex he seems to identify the Tenno as a separate thing from him, him being a "low Guardian" of some description. That could mean nothing, especially given his opinions now, but I tend to think that it identifies him as having been something else - imo, one of the Dax.

His use of a Warframe may simply be placeholder model, or he might have gained them post-Betrayal by subjecting himself to something (be it Void, Technocyte, or something else).

Edited by Morec0

Tenno ships are cloaked and the Orbiter is apparently in the Void. If the Tenno are remote controlling the frames, the body would be on the Orbiter, which the Stalker wouldn't be able find. He has to track you down based on what you are doing. And if we are just remote controlling the frames, he'd only be able to track what the frame was up to.

Edited by Ceryk

Antagonist(?)

Frames are mostly just technology, but can (probably) use powers it was built for if you had some kind of void battery to replace the Tenno. Warframes are a "conduit" for the affliction of the void. So the Stalker just mishmashes prototypes and gets powers that were built for certain frames when he runs a void battery through the machine. At the same time, Ember Prime and Rhino Prime could both use powers without a frame, so that argument gets weird fast.

Ultimately, there is a chance he is a Tenno, but it seems weird to have an heirarchy for last ditch warriors.

Antagonist(?)

And then there's the question of whether or not he's even still mortal (my money's on Stalker being some sort of undead)

The new raid also points toward the Tenno being a physical human. When armor integrity reaches zero, you see "vitals failing" and "life support failure imminent"(?) along with an Infested screen overlay to indicate the Infestation closing in on you.

As far as i'm concerned, the Tenno are human if they have a physical body since there are no alien races in Warframe. The only true nonhuman "race" would be the Sentients. The Grineer are just decaying cloned humans, the Corpus are clearly human, and the Orokin haven't been described in a way that would indicate they were nonhuman. If anything, everyone in Warframe are augmented humans.

Stalker was a Guardian and is probably exactly the same as a Tenno now, but chooses not to identify as one due to his hatred. He has Void powers, a Warframe, fights using the same ways of the Tenno, and survives death/defeat. We'll probably learn more about the Tenno through Stalker's role in U18.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Tenno are confirmed to not be human. I would have to find where, but DE has stated exactly that on past devstreams. Until they officially retcon that, it is the truth. On top of that, there is extra emphasis on things that would state they are not human, such as DE going out of their way to specifically state that posters portraying them as human are not canon and that the human (or close) characters on relays are not Tenno.

As for the occupants of the original frames, they likely were human (or close) at some point, but the Technocyte virus, the Void, something else, or a combination of those changed that. The Tenno as we know them now are not human.

Also, Tenno are biological, so of course sharp weapons would work. Plus, they were likely just designed as such for purely thematic purposes (rule of cool as well). You're reading too much into it.

Or by damaging the Warframe that's acting as the body of the Tenno you're effectively able to damage the Tenno as well. Everything from Alad's speak to the demise of the Mirage-using Tenno at the end of Hidden Messages has pretty much confirmed that when a Tenno is occupying a Warframe they're pretty well bound together.

If I die in a normal mission, how can I get back to my ship if my bound spirit was broke with the frame? And how can my ship have printed a new frame if I don't have the resources dor it?

Tenno ships are cloaked and the Orbiter is apparently in the Void. If the Tenno are remote controlling the frames, the body would be on the Orbiter, which the Stalker wouldn't be able find. He has to track you down based on what you are doing. And if we are just remote controlling the frames, he'd only be able to track what the frame was up to.

The Void isn't an obstacle for Stalker. The Grineer can see LISET and Orbiter Void echoes, although not follow them, so I don't think it's a stretch to say someone like Stalker CAN follow them

Tenno are confirmed to not be human. I would have to find where, but DE has stated exactly that on past devstreams.

DE have stated that Tenno are "brains in jars". They never said Tenno were completely inhuman; they could be human brains in jars

I partially believe Tenno are and are not humans- there is evidence for both ways.

I too like to picture the Tenno as something other than just "dudes in armor". I mean, we were definitely regular people once, but how did the Void make us "twisted"? What manner of "affliction" did we get? Did it manifest itself in a physical way or are we basically just those X-men that look human?

I'm hoping not, I'm hoping we're somehow other than just "superpowered, regular-looking folks".

If I die in a normal mission, how can I get back to my ship if my bound spirit was broke with the frame? And how can my ship have printed a new frame if I don't have the resources dor it?

It's the age-old question: is a failed mission still "canon"? If it's not canon, they you didn't die at all, so since you didn't die you didn't magically reappear in your LISET

Tenno are confirmed to not be human. I would have to find where, but DE has stated exactly that on past devstreams. Until they officially retcon that, it is the truth. On top of that, there is extra emphasis on things that would state they are not human, such as DE going out of their way to specifically state that posters portraying them as human are not canon and that the human (or close) characters on relays are not Tenno.

As for the occupants of the original frames, they likely were human (or close) at some point, but the Technocyte virus, the Void, something else, or a combination of those changed that. The Tenno as we know them now are not human.

Also, Tenno are biological, so of course sharp weapons would work. Plus, they were likely just designed as such for purely thematic purposes (rule of cool as well). You're reading too much into it.

The Orokin were human and the Tenno were Orokin people that went into the Void and were "twisted" by the Void. They may not be "human" anymore, but they started as human.