Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Petition] Please Allow New Deluxe Weapon Skins To Be Universal

Talfrey

An honest question that might impact this thread: do all weapons from a single family have the same reach?

Does Dakra Prime have the exact same reach as Skana? Because if not, the model of the Cyksis skin is probably modeled to match the reach of Dual Zoren. It would be awkward if the reach of Cyksis changed depending on what weapon the skin was applied to while the model stayed constant. Not a huge concern, but something worth thinking about.

An honest question that might impact this thread: do all weapons from a single family have the same reach?

Does Dakra Prime have the exact same reach as Skana? Because if not, the model of the Cyksis skin is probably modeled to match the reach of Dual Zoren. It would be awkward if the reach of Cyksis changed depending on what weapon the skin was applied to while the model stayed constant. Not a huge concern, but something worth thinking about.

My answer to your question: no idea.

My opinion: let skins like this, rhinos hammer, proto glaive work on any weapon in category, and change the reach to match the skin.

My answer to your question: no idea.

My opinion: let skins like this, rhinos hammer, proto glaive work on any weapon in category, and change the reach to match the skin.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Never done any testing on it. Just imagining if you had Cyksis on Nami Skyla and one axe had a sword-sized hitbox and the other identical axe had a dagger-sized hitbox, it could present quality issues.

I'm not terribly bothered by this. With mods, the Orthos (Prime)'s reach is signifcantly longer than the model allows. Additionally, if you apply the DotD Orthos skin to the Orthos Prime, forcing it to take the Orthos model, you get more of a disaprity, since Orthos Prime has more reach than Orthos, as I recall.

My point being, this wouldn't be a new issue and it's not really one anyone talks about because it's not a big deal.

I'm not terribly bothered by this. With mods, the Orthos (Prime)'s reach is signifcantly longer than the model allows. Additionally, if you apply the DotD Orthos skin to the Orthos Prime, forcing it to take the Orthos model, you get more of a disaprity, since Orthos Prime has more reach than Orthos, as I recall.

My point being, this wouldn't be a new issue and it's not really one anyone talks about because it's not a big deal.

Yeah, like I said in the post, it's not a huge concern, just something that rings my "poor quality" bell.

It occurs to me that I chose a very bad time to start this petition.

It is unlikely we will receive any sort of response one way or another until the AM tomorrow.

That being said, I personally feel that the enthusiasm for this idea might lead DE to acquiesce. 

If so, Dual Ichors 24/7 e'ery day!

As long as you can't use the skins in conclave, sure, go for it. Since it's very missleading to know what you're fighting, is he using Dual Zoren? Or maybe Ichors? Or the new Basolk ? Will I have to deal with slash, toxic or fire damage? As someone who plays a lot of conclave that's important to me, depending on what frame I have, I'll approach the fight differently. It gets even worse with some other weapons.

As long as you can't use the skins in conclave, sure, go for it. Since it's very missleading to know what you're fighting, is he using Dual Zoren? Or maybe Ichors? Or the new Basolk ? Will I have to deal with slash, toxic or fire damage? As someone who plays a lot of conclave that's important to me, depending on what frame I have, I'll approach the fight differently. It gets even worse with some other weapons.

I don't do conclave, however I can apply bow skins to most bows, does conclave hide this?

If not, I think that's an entire other can of worms that needs dealing with.

Out of sheer curiosity, how hard would it be for the devs to make it a universal dual sword/axe skin? People are all saying it like it would just be easy, but it might just take a whole lot more work as well- or just be as simple as people seem to think, instead. If it is, I too would love to see this pretty skin usable across all dual swords and axes.