Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [IC, Invite Only, 18+]

Denny2669

Le 20/11/2017 à 20:18, Denny2669 a dit :

--- Dreamscape ---
"Woah! The freak is barking! How do you say 'shut the hell up' in Afgans?"
"Let's just hope he doesn't bite. I don't want to check under his shirt for explosives."
"God knows they're all the same..."

The soldiers kept talking like they couldn't understand a single one of Cyriann's words, even though they spoke fluent English. After a little radio chatter Cyriann couldn't make out from his position, another pair of footsteps appeared, two more entities rounding the corner. The uniforms seemed the same, but one seemed to be a woman of dark skin color and hazel eyes he hasn't seen before, and an oddly familiar man wearing a bacalava.

"This the bogie?" the woman asked when she arrived, assault rifle aimed at the ground.
"Yes Two. It seems he's trying to communicate but can't get the fact we speak another language."
"Or he's swearing unholy revenge. Wouldn't be the first one."

I palm my face hearing them as they had seated me down to wait, how could they not recognize their own language was beyond me.

On 20/11/2017 at 7:18 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- The Dark Secotr ---
The air would smell rotten to the rhino, which was hardly a surprise after what they've been through. They Warframe's seem to have quite advanced air filtering systems, as he wouldn't even notice the smell of decomposing vomit if he hadn't taken it off.

"Seems there's nothing left for us here..." said Hayden "Great work. Let's head back."

On their way back out the tunnel, they would notice it wasn't nearly as bright as before, to the point where it seemed there was no light at all at the end of the tunnel. It turns out it's surprisingly late in the evening, the Sun has already fallen behind the mountains and the sky is littered with clouds, raining down frozen drops of water in the form of snow. Hayden seemed baffeled, wasn't it still morning when they headed out? They couldn't have been fighting for so long...
At least the cold air was fresh... for a dead country...

- A couple of hours later... -

"Damn, can't reach them..." muttered Hayden, standing at the sea's shore where the liset had dropped them off before, Seerena and Dimitri behind him "They fight must've damaged my helmet, can't reach anything..." he turned to look at them "Try to reach Hammond and tell him we're here. And tell him to be qiuick."

"Let me try." replied Dmitri as he put his helmet back on and checked his radio systems were working before trying to hail the Liset, at they really needed to encrypt the beacon locating where it is. Where's a good encrypter when you need one?

"Rhino to Liset, Rhino to Liset do you read me?" he called out as he looked around the shore for any sign of the submarine.

On 20/11/2017 at 7:18 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- The Index ---
With Annika's new raise, and the other players' following calls, there was very little for them to call with should the stakes rise higher. The next raise would be an all in, and she could tell they all knew it. 

Annika's expression remained passive, even as she called a raise that would force both Anyo and Glass to go all in. This was it, the final moment of the game. She felt quietly pleased with herself. While she hadn't been able to find out what Anyo knew, she would walk out the room with far more money than she walked in with. Financial resources would be useful in the future, it wasn't like they had access to government supply lines. 

And she could send home a report. 

Her CO was going to have kittens.

On 21/11/2017 at 3:18 AM, Denny2669 said:

Darvo's cheery expression hasn't dropped even in face of Tara's seriousness.
"Business, my friend! Not to sound rude, but if you guys were my only customers, I'd be bankrupt!" he laughed "But I'll be honest, this is the second time you pulled me out of a pinch. I owe you one, again. Anything you want, I'm your guy! Besides, whatever business someone like you has in a place like this could surely use a... private business man's help, eh?"

"I dunno about help since I'm not the one calling the shots... despite having the guns." said Tara, rubbing her eyebrow with her thumb. "As for the favour owing bit... I honestly don't know. Don't have any ideas as to what I could need from you right now so I'll save those for when I actually need them. I'll let you know then."

Jean fist-pumped in triumph, and pocketed the coins.

The night was still young, and she had coinage to spare. Alpha still was her eyes and ears. Tara was still gone, but it was too early to start looking for her. There had been no indication anything had gone wrong, and anything going wrong with Tara would doubtlessly be...Noisy. So for now, she simply kept playing, keeping a merry facade while staying weary of anything happening.

--- Dreamscape ---
The guards were watching over the sitting figure of Cyriann while the two others seemed to thinking over the current situation.
"Well, at least he's obedient..."

"Quiet." said the woman, holding a radio. A voice came out "Sudek? You were supposed to be at waypoint by now. What's keeping you?"
"Sir, we've encountered bogie. Likely a civilian, unarmed depite being in a warzone-"
"And that's what's slowing you down? For christ's sake put a bullet through him and be done with it."
"What? Sir, he's of no threat-"
"He knows your position. That's all that's needed to make him a considerable risk."
"We're here to fight terrorism, not encourage it!"
"For crying out loud... Tenno, take over. Eliminate the threat."
The soldier with the bacalava looked at Cyriann, then started reaching for his pistol...

--- Coast/Liset ---
After a little while, Dimitri would get his response "Liset to Rhino, you're coming in loud and clear. You guys at the coast already?" asked the voice of Hammond "I'll do my best to stear this thing towards you- no Alad, I'd rather you don't touch anything..."

A couple of meters from the coast, Dimitri could see something bubbling, and an antenna-like thing sticking out of the water. 

--- Index ---
Since the raise was enough for Glass to go all in, Anyo was now forced to include that bonus he proposed, should he wish to stay in the game. And they both did.
"So, this is how it ends for at least one of us." remarked Glass. No matter who wins the current pot, either just one of them runs out of chips, or the game concludes right then and there.
"Or two, should Lady Luck have found her new favorite." pointed out Anyo.
Whether it was because they still had hope of turning the tables or didn't want to chicken out Annika couldn't tell, but the fate of the game was sealed hereby sealed. With no more chips to add, all the cards were revealed. And to everyone's surprise (except for one) miss Du'Bois takes the pot, eliminating the rest. The dissapointment was visibly cracking through their masks.

--
"Alright, I'll keep a line open for you whenever you need it. You're keeping me on edge Tenno, I don't like delaying my payments. I either pay straight away, or not at all! Heh!" Darvo joked "Anyway... mind telling me why you're actually here? Surely you haven't heard these guys asking for an beating all the way from the Liset."

On 28/11/2017 at 6:16 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- Index ---
Since the raise was enough for Glass to go all in, Anyo was now forced to include that bonus he proposed, should he wish to stay in the game. And they both did.
"So, this is how it ends for at least one of us." remarked Glass. No matter who wins the current pot, either just one of them runs out of chips, or the game concludes right then and there.
"Or two, should Lady Luck have found her new favorite." pointed out Anyo.
Whether it was because they still had hope of turning the tables or didn't want to chicken out Annika couldn't tell, but the fate of the game was sealed hereby sealed. With no more chips to add, all the cards were revealed. And to everyone's surprise (except for one) miss Du'Bois takes the pot, eliminating the rest. The dissapointment was visibly cracking through their masks.

Annika allowed herself a smile as the game came to its end. Victory was sweet, though soured ever so slightly by the fact she had been unable to discover what Anyo knew in regards to the Tenno. Still, she had more than tripled what she had arrived with, and would be able to send a message home.

She'd take that.

"It seems Lady Luck has favoured me," she remarked, eyes flicking between Anyo and Glass. She would have raised a glass in a mocking toast to her opponents, but she didn't have one. Ah well...

Le 28/11/2017 à 19:16, Denny2669 a dit :

--- Dreamscape ---
The guards were watching over the sitting figure of Cyriann while the two others seemed to thinking over the current situation.
"Well, at least he's obedient..."

"Quiet." said the woman, holding a radio. A voice came out "Sudek? You were supposed to be at waypoint by now. What's keeping you?"
"Sir, we've encountered bogie. Likely a civilian, unarmed depite being in a warzone-"
"And that's what's slowing you down? For christ's sake put a bullet through him and be done with it."
"What? Sir, he's of no threat-"
"He knows your position. That's all that's needed to make him a considerable risk."
"We're here to fight terrorism, not encourage it!"
"For crying out loud... Tenno, take over. Eliminate the threat."
The soldier with the bacalava looked at Cyriann, then started reaching for his pistol...

"Sudek and Tenno..." I slowly say both names, names I know, but in this situation it makes no sense to hear them unless I ended in some very convoluted way in a memory of the past like the one I was submitted to before. I exhale looking at the one I supposed to be Hayden. "Are you really gonna do that ? If so, I would find that very unfitting of the man I know." I speak as he starts reaching for his weapon, and with no second thoughts I dash to him, taking the pistol out of its holster and immediately sending it away. "And I don't plan on letting you do something you'd be regretting." I grab on his arm, and place him in between me and and the soldiers, his arm serving to hold him. 
"Et si l'anglais ne marche pas peut-être que l'agent des forces spéciales Américaines que tu es comprendras mieux le français. Encore une fois, je ne sais ni pourquoi, ni comment j'ai atterri ici, et je ne suis pas une menace, loin de là." I turn towards Sudek. "Et si tu es la moitié de celle qu'il m'a décrit, alors j'ose espérer que vous comprenez que je ne suis pas votre ennemi."

Révélation

traducing the "french text")

"And if the English doesn't work, maybe the American special ops you are might understand better some french. Once again, I have no idea of why or how I ended up here, and I'm by no means a threat to you, far from that." ... "And if you are half the person he described to me, then I dare hope you can understand I'm not your enemy."

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 2:16 AM, Denny2669 said:

--
"Alright, I'll keep a line open for you whenever you need it. You're keeping me on edge Tenno, I don't like delaying my payments. I either pay straight away, or not at all! Heh!" Darvo joked "Anyway... mind telling me why you're actually here? Surely you haven't heard these guys asking for an beating all the way from the Liset."

"Well, I'm here as protection detail. The overarching reason why we're here is to find out more about the syndicates." said Tara, blinking for a moment before realising that Darvo might know something. "You happen to know any juicy details about the syndicates?"

On 28/11/2017 at 6:16 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- Coast/Liset ---
After a little while, Dimitri would get his response "Liset to Rhino, you're coming in loud and clear. You guys at the coast already?" asked the voice of Hammond "I'll do my best to stear this thing towards you- no Alad, I'd rather you don't touch anything..."

A couple of meters from the coast, Dimitri could see something bubbling, and an antenna-like thing sticking out of the water. 

"Well. That appears to be it." replied Dmitri as he rested his rifle on his shoulder, looking over to Hayden "You want to be ready incase it isn't our Liset?"

He also looked to Sereena to check if she's okay.

--- The Index ---
Anyo sighed, as to snap out of his beaten facade, taking something out of his suit "Well, a deal is a deal..." it was a paper, some document by the looks of it "All information about the flight is on this paper, already signed by me. You truly are... lucky, miss Du'Bois." he handed her the paper over the table, smiling politely, but she could tell he was snaring internally.

"Very well," spoke Glass, stading up from her seat "I was expecting this to be a rather stale night, but I was proven wrong. And I am glad my funds at least ended up in capable hands." she gave Annika a look, perhaps one of acknowledgement, but more she could not read. "Until we meet again, Miss Du'Bois."

--
"Juicy you say?" Darvo asked "Juicy like 'Red Vein rebels left burning bag of sh!t on sherif's doorstep? Or 'Old Loka debates banning public use of unprocessed enferon'? Or 'Old Loka representative is getting hammered in the bar after losing 3000 rubles'?"

--- Dreamscape ---
Although this world felt much more real and different than that dreams he had not too long ago, there's one thing that followed him. His humanity. Which unfortunately meant the absence of his powers. He was not nearly fast enough to reach Hayden, and one of the guards watching him immediately brought him back to the ground with a swift hit with the butt of his rifle.

"Damn, didn't think that one through, did you?" one of them snarked.
"At least now we can say it was self defense." said another one.

"Sir..." said a voice Cyriann knew all too well, of a man that was now pointing his gun at him "Killing this man might worsen relations with-"
"What the hell is your problem son!?" cried the radio "You're not there to complain, to ask questions or have opinions! You're there to do one thing and one thing only! To follow orders! That is the sole reason of your existence on the battlefield! The one thing you should die doing as a soldier! If you can't do that, we'll just list you off as another acceptable lo-"

Before the commander could finish, he had already fired the shot. The bullet pierced Cyriann's skull, yet his vision did not fade. He saw his own body lay dead on the ground, like a ghost, unaware of it's demise.

"... it's done."

--- Coast/Liset ---
Before Hayden could reply, the hatch of the liset emerged from the water, confirming it's safe to board. He wasted no time jumping into the cold water and swimming over.

Inside, Hammond would greet them "Hey there- jeez, you look like you went to a demolition derby... How was the mission?"

On 12/12/2017 at 6:59 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- The Index ---
Anyo sighed, as to snap out of his beaten facade, taking something out of his suit "Well, a deal is a deal..." it was a paper, some document by the looks of it "All information about the flight is on this paper, already signed by me. You truly are... lucky, miss Du'Bois." he handed her the paper over the table, smiling politely, but she could tell he was snaring internally.

"Very well," spoke Glass, stading up from her seat "I was expecting this to be a rather stale night, but I was proven wrong. And I am glad my funds at least ended up in capable hands." she gave Annika a look, perhaps one of acknowledgement, but more she could not read. "Until we meet again, Miss Du'Bois."

Annika kept her expression polite as she accepted the documents, then gave Glass a slight smile. "Until we meet again Miss Perrin," she said in a polite but warm tone, "you are right, this evening was certainly not boring." She stood, and inclined her head to both Glass and Anyo, that the latter received an almost mocking smile. "Until next time." 

Careful not to push too much power out, she did a last mental sweep of the room. Then she swept from the room with appropriate decorum. Time to see how the others were doing.

Edited by Spikey844

On 12/12/2017 at 6:59 PM, Denny2669 said:

--- Coast/Liset ---
Before Hayden could reply, the hatch of the liset emerged from the water, confirming it's safe to board. He wasted no time jumping into the cold water and swimming over.

Inside, Hammond would greet them "Hey there- jeez, you look like you went to a demolition derby... How was the mission?"

"I wish it could be better." replied Dmitri as he exited his warframe and placed it in one of the bays for repairs. "We found a cult in the &%$*ing Dark sector." he groaned put another cigar in his mouth and lit up, puffing smoke out of his nose "They were worshipping some abomination called Lephantis."

He then puffed on his cigar and offered one to Hammond "Any word from Annika and the others?"

Annika was back. Tara was still absent. They needed to get moving. Rule seventeen, as evocated by Uncle David, was clear on, that. 'Even if it all seems safe, don't stay so much as one second more than needed in a place where things might turn in your defavor.'

She stashed all the rubles she had managed to get from the slot machine and walked up to her fellow British, a genuine smile on her face. "Hey. How did it go? I made a bit of a pretty penny there. Though less than you managed, I'd bet!"

Meanwhile, she let go of her mind's resistances. And thought what she needed Annika to hear.

'Tara has been missing for a while. I'm starting to get worried there, even if I didn't hear the sort of fireworks one should get by placing problems and Tara in the same room. Alpha says she's in...The men's bathrooms.You're the military one here, How do we deal with this?'

Edited by 404Cygni
Spellchecked.

--- The Liset ---
"That sounds... bad. Haven't heard of people woshipping it before..." commented Hammond, taking the offered cigar "No word from the others yet. They've been keeping radio silence eversince they left, same as you."

Hayden had rolled his shoulders as his helmet disengaged "We also brought a suveneir." he raised the large infected chunk of meat in his hand, still dripping of black blood and newly soaked sea water.

Hayden stared at the hunk of flesh "... I'm not cleaning that up..."

"You won't have to." replied Hayden "Where's Alad?"

"Downstairs with the kid, or probably eavesdropping on us."

"Then I've got a surprise for him. Hopefully this'll help Cyriann."

- a couple of minutes later -

Alad was injecting the needle in to the patient's neck as he lay down, Hayden and the others watching the doctor do his work from behind. He had quickly compressed and processed the sample of Lephantis into some liquid, after he was done admiring the tissue of course, and was now attempting to cure the french man.
"The compound I was able to create should hopefully bolster his conciousness to break free from the signal's last command. If what you said is true, then as you killed the hive creature, the command it gave Volt to lose conciosness and make him more suceptible to control has not yet been lifted, leaving his mind locked with the key broken. But with the piece you brought back... he should regain control by absorbing matter of what controlled him... and his subconcious should lift the last command, meaning he should wake up straight away---"

On 12/13/2017 at 2:59 AM, Denny2669 said:

"Juicy you say?" Darvo asked "Juicy like 'Red Vein rebels left burning bag of sh!t on sherif's doorstep? Or 'Old Loka debates banning public use of unprocessed enferon'? Or 'Old Loka representative is getting hammered in the bar after losing 3000 rubles'?"

"No, I'm talking about useful information. Their numbers, what they have equipment-wise. Where we can find them and get in contact if necessary... or destroy them if we need to because they pose a threat to us." said Tara, raising an eyebrow at Darvo. "That sort of juicy information."

9 hours ago, 404Cygni said:

Annika was back. Tara was still absent. They needed to get moving. Rule seventeen, as evocated by Uncle David, was clear on, that. 'Even if it all seems safe, don't stay so much as one second more than needed in a place where things might turn in your defavor.'

She stashed all the rubles she had managed to get from theslot machine and walked up to her fellow British, a genuine smile on her face. hey. How did it go? I made a bit of a pretty penny there. Though less than you managed, I'd bet!"

Meanwhile, she let go of her mind's resistances. And thought what she needed Aniika to gear.

'Tara has been missing for a while. I'm starting to get worried there, even if I didn't hear the sort of fireworks one should get by placing problems and Tara in the same room. Alpha says she's in...The men's bathrooms.You're the military one here, how do we deal with this?'

'She's in there with Darvo,' Annika sent back, 'lord knows why... ah... a fight of some sort.' She winced slightly as the enefron in the air reacted to her power usage. Passive scanning was one thing, but sending messages required more power. At least she wasn't glowing.

'Tara, what's happening in there?' She sent, heading over the cashier to exchange the chips for rubles. 

Il y a 18 heures, Denny2669 a dit :

"he should wake up straight away---"

Those are the sole words I heard waking up brutally after the nightmare, getting up abruptly I smashed Alad out of his position. After a few moments to figure out where I had woken up I'd apologize to Alad helping him to stand back up.
"Sorry for that my reflexes went a bit too fast..." I then turned, and saw Hayden. At that very moment a strong feeling pierced my guts as I saw him standing in front of me, a massive electric discharge outbursting from my arm to my whole body as I hid from him, trembling.
I couldn't form a single word, that fear was visceral, quite literally, and even knowing what I had been through was nothing but a nightmare, I still had that image of him shooting me down with that total absence of feelings in his eyes engraved in me.

Edited by Cyriann

2 hours ago, Cyriann said:

Those are the sole words I heard waking up brutally after the nightmare, getting up abruptly I smashed Alad out of his position. After a few moments to figure out where I had woken up I'd apologize to Alad helping him to stand back up.
"Sorry for that my reflexes went a bit too fast..." I then turned, and saw Hayden. At that very moment a strong feeling pierced my guts as I saw him standing in front of me, a massive electric discharge outbursting from my arm to my whole body as I hid from him, trembling.
I couldn't form a single word, that fear was visceral, quite literally, and even knowing what I had been through was nothing but a nightmare, I still had that image of him shooting me down with that total absence of feelings in his eyes engraved in me.

Seerena jumped at Alad suddenly getting tossed from his place. It certainly wasn't the kind of wake-up call she expected to come out of this, then again its hard to predict what kind of wake up call being injected with the tissue of a hive mind would cause.

The fear Cyriann displayed after seeing Hayden added to her confusion, but none the less she stepped towards him. She held her hand inches above his shoulder. "Cyriann? Are you okay?" 

Il y a 6 heures, kyrozon a dit :

Seerena jumped at Alad suddenly getting tossed from his place. It certainly wasn't the kind of wake-up call she expected to come out of this, then again its hard to predict what kind of wake up call being injected with the tissue of a hive mind would cause.

The fear Cyriann displayed after seeing Hayden added to her confusion, but none the less she stepped towards him. She held her hand inches above his shoulder. "Cyriann? Are you okay?" 

Her voice, her mère presence alone got me to calm and get a hold of myself. Taking her hand I'd thank her silently and turn to Hayden, flinching on shaky legs as I sat back. 

"I'm... Sorry for that." I gathered myself trying to not let myself run away again. "So what did I missed?" I managed to ask while forcing a smile on me. "Also Hayden... I think we'll need to discuss of... A few things in private later.."

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2017 at 3:16 PM, MetroFallout said:

"Darvo owes us a solid... well owes me personally but yes. I'm trying to ask him about what he knows about the Syndicates that we don't currently know." Tara sent back along the same way back to Annika.

'Can you walk and talk?' Annika sent back, 'I've finished the poker game. We're far more wealthy than before, but I wasn't able to tease out what Anyo has on us, not without blowing our cover wide open.' Cash collected into a briefcase, promptly handed to Jean (a women of her status would not carry such a thing), she began to meander her way towards the exit. 'Anyo gave me an odd look as he submitted, and if he twigs I do not want to be here when it happens.'

The blonde gave Jean a sidelong, somewhat cold, look. "Do keep a tight grip on the case," she spoke mildly, "wouldn't want some ruffian taking it off you."

--- The Index ---
"Oh, Tenno, you have such a straightforward view when it comes to the use of information." Darvo kept chirping to Tara "Such embaresing secrets like the ones I just shared can get you aaall the friends - or enemies - in the world. But tell you what: I'll give you all the info I have later through the liset's comms. I've still got deals to make, and I'd preferably be done with it before these here princesses wake up."

--
Neither the duo of Jean and Annika, nor Tara would meet any resistance on their way out of the casino. Even after meeting up, they'd only hear the words of the exit guards saying "We hope you enjoyed your stay." before smelling the cold, clean, and enferon free air outside... as clean as the air of a ruined country can be at least. But before they would get too far from the entrance, and the chatter of people would grow to silence, they were approached by someone. The man only wore cargo pants and a black hoodie - not something comfortable for the cold - with a bag on a sling. He wasn't approaching Annika, or Tara, but Jean.

"Excuse me, miss?" he said once he was close enough to stop them, face obscured by the hood and the dark to the point only white skin and a short beard could be made out "A friend of ours says you've earned this." he took the bag off of him and offered it to Jean. She would notice it was a laptop bag "Well... I guess that means: welcome to the pack. See you around sis'." before she could question him, he already started running back, rubbing his shoulders to warm himself up as he jogged.

--- The Liset ---
Hayden seemed also surprised by Cyriann's sudden outbursts, though maybe not as much as poor Alad, but he waited patiently until the matter resolved itself. Internally, he was ready for the case Cyriann might turn on them, but so far things seemed steady and peaceful.

"Is it about the voices you heard?" he asked Cyriann "We already killed what cause them, you can relax now."

"But do tell if you start hearing them again." said Alad, rubbing his neck "Or if anything changes. There have been many unknowns in that substance I didn't quite have the time to analize, and I doubt you'll donate another sample to me."

Il y a 10 heures, Denny2669 a dit :

--- The Liset ---
Hayden seemed also surprised by Cyriann's sudden outbursts, though maybe not as much as poor Alad, but he waited patiently until the matter resolved itself. Internally, he was ready for the case Cyriann might turn on them, but so far things seemed steady and peaceful.

"Is it about the voices you heard?" he asked Cyriann "We already killed what cause them, you can relax now."

"But do tell if you start hearing them again." said Alad, rubbing his neck "Or if anything changes. There have been many unknowns in that substance I didn't quite have the time to analize, and I doubt you'll donate another sample to me."

I turn to Hayden, swallowing while keeping a light hold onto Sereena. "It's... It's not because of them, well Edge is here, don't know for the lizard yet... And whatever that was..." I paused a while forcing myself not to hyperventilate as stress built in, the light of my arm growing and lowering like a heart beat. "I saw things, and... It left, a sour taste, Hayden, Sereena..."  look to the both of them. "I'll... I'll need some time in private with you, just to discuss what I saw..." Breathing heavily I'd add. "Hayden... Can you please... leave, I'm... I'm scared by your presence, for now... So please I just need... Some time to take apart reality and what I got through."

21 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

--- The Index ---
"Oh, Tenno, you have such a straightforward view when it comes to the use of information." Darvo kept chirping to Tara "Such embaresing secrets like the ones I just shared can get you aaall the friends - or enemies - in the world. But tell you what: I'll give you all the info I have later through the liset's comms. I've still got deals to make, and I'd preferably be done with it before these here princesses wake up."

--
Neither the duo of Jean and Annika, nor Tara would meet any resistance on their way out of the casino. Even after meeting up, they'd only hear the words of the exit guards saying "We hope you enjoyed your stay." before smelling the cold, clean, and enferon free air outside... as clean as the air of a ruined country can be at least. But before they would get too far from the entrance, and the chatter of people would grow to silence, they were approached by someone. The man only wore cargo pants and a black hoodie - not something comfortable for the cold - with a bag on a sling. He wasn't approaching Annika, or Tara, but Jean.

"Excuse me, miss?" he said once he was close enough to stop them, face obscured by the hood and the dark to the point only white skin and a short beard could be made out "A friend of ours says you've earned this." he took the bag off of him and offered it to Jean. She would notice it was a laptop bag "Well... I guess that means: welcome to the pack. See you around sis'." before she could question him, he already started running back, rubbing his shoulders to warm himself up as he jogged.

Annika sighed once they were beyond the walls of the casino and into the, relatively, fresh and enefron free air. She noticed that her skin on longer felt like crawling, especially around her shoulders, arms and back where the technocryte was. She glanced around, looking for Shikari, when the hooded figure approached them, or rather Jean. She raised an eyebrow at the short conversation, noting the laptop bag that was handed to the younger woman.

"And I thought I had the most interesting time in there," she murmured, then shook her head slightly. "Lets get back to the house, then we'll talk." She began to move off, trusting that Shikari would find them.