Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [IC, Invite Only, 18+]

Denny2669

On 3/29/2018 at 12:58 PM, Cyriann said:

The silence Hayden left hanging felt awfully long but his answer at least was what I was awaiting from him. 

"I wouldn't have been shaking like a scared cat if I didn't thought there could be only lies in all I saw." I answer, à lot calmer though there is still remnants of my shaking. "I just wanted to be sure what I thought, that you are now different, was true, and I thank you for confirming that." I take Sereena's hand as I smile to him. "Thank you Hayden." 

Sereena gently squeezed Cyriann's hand in relieve, the silence had also been quite awkward to her, but before she could say anything Zek had his way by strutting into the conversation. "Righto, now that is done. Anyone know where Alad is? I want to ask him if he can help create a thing." There was excitement in Zek's voice, although it'd be hard to measure whether it was good or bad.

"Make what?"

"Just a little diddy for you, nothing explosive or bodily harmful in any way shape or form!" 

On 30. 3. 2018 at 3:28 PM, Drakeardian said:

"Argh." Dmitri groaned and rubbed his eyes "Do you mind letting me know when the bastard wakes up please Hammond?" he asked somewhat in annoyance and frustration "In the meantime, I am going for a shower."

By the time Dimitri would be done showering, he would see Hammond getting Alad out of Cyriann's room. His hair seemed rather messy, likely didn't get much sleep. They were borh carrying cases with equipment.

"Careful, that equipment is worth more than your yearly salary." Muttered Vayenshki.

"Well, considering my current salary is zero, they must be almost as worthless as you doc."

On 30. 3. 2018 at 8:07 PM, kyrozon said:

"Just a little diddy for you, nothing explosive or bodily harmful in any way shape or form!" 

Hayden was relieved, and a little surprised that a couple words were enough to calm the horrors Cyriann was witness to. They must really look up to him...

"If you're going to see Alad, ask him about the plane as well. Don't forget we have a job to do."

With that, they were dismissed. Hayden stated in the room though. He still hasn't finished his coffee.

On 30. 3. 2018 at 3:57 PM, MetroFallout said:

-- snip --

Reveal hidden contents

Remembering Tara had left to scout out, Hayden got an idea. He booted up the comms console and contacted Ryder.

"Tara, come in. If you're... still looking for good meeting spots, check out the church we've been at before. Be sure to let me know once you're there."

Le 30/03/2018 à 20:07, kyrozon a dit :

Sereena gently squeezed Cyriann's hand in relieve, the silence had also been quite awkward to her, but before she could say anything Zek had his way by strutting into the conversation. "Righto, now that is done. Anyone know where Alad is? I want to ask him if he can help create a thing." There was excitement in Zek's voice, although it'd be hard to measure whether it was good or bad.

"Make what?"

"I'd say he should still be around my room, he seemed to had quite a lot of equipment in there so... Do we go ? I too have some questions for him." 

il y a 15 minutes, Denny2669 a dit :

"If you're going to see Alad, ask him about the plane as well. Don't forget we have a job to do."

I get up still holding Sereena's hand as I nod and answer. "Sure I'll tell him about it." 

It was probably fortunate for Alad's health (or his sanity) that Annika exited the washrooms and was in her room before he appeared in the corridor. She pulled on her shirt and trousers, but didn't put her boots back on. They needed to air. Sitting cross legged on her bed, she opened the notebook, one of her most important tools during her time as an Intelligence officer, and began to write furiously, making a note of all that she could remember. She would need it in the event she did sent a report. She kept up her mental radar, noting Tara leaving on her recon mission, and picking up the irritation of Alad at his lack of sleep.

Naturally, she had precisely zero sympathy for him.

26 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Remembering Tara had left to scout out, Hayden got an idea. He booted up the comms console and contacted Ryder.

"Tara, come in. If you're... still looking for good meeting spots, check out the church we've been at before. Be sure to let me know once you're there."

"Will do. Heading over now." said Tara before checking the map to see where she was and where she was to go and estimating her travel time to be roughly... 3 hours, give or take half an hour. "What are you expecting to find there?"

3 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

By the time Dimitri would be done showering, he would see Hammond getting Alad out of Cyriann's room. His hair seemed rather messy, likely didn't get much sleep. They were borh carrying cases with equipment.

"Careful, that equipment is worth more than your yearly salary." Muttered Vayenshki.

"Well, considering my current salary is zero, they must be almost as worthless as you doc."

Putting on some clean clothes and drying his hair, Dmitri spotted Hammond and Vayenshki arguing, this was his chance. Grabbing a hairbrush, He walked up to Vayenshki and whistled "Vayenshki, How'd you get into Lasira? That's been bugging me for a while." he said as he handed the Hairbrush to the scientist with a frown "Here, clean yourself up, I'll handle your stuff." he stated as he looked over the cases with a raised eyebrow.

On 4/7/2018 at 4:53 PM, Cyriann said:

"I'd say he should still be around my room, he seemed to had quite a lot of equipment in there so... Do we go ? I too have some questions for him." 

I get up still holding Sereena's hand as I nod and answer. "Sure I'll tell him about it." 

Sereena paced towards Cyriann's room. Softly humming to herself as she knocks on the door to hear no response. "Seems like he isn't here." She states.

il y a 3 minutes, kyrozon a dit :

Sereena paced towards Cyriann's room. Softly humming to herself as she knocks on the door to hear no response. "Seems like he isn't here." She states.

"I'm sure he isn't really far, the room was filled wih equipment, it must have taken sometime for them to move it all." I say as I look in the corridor leading to the lab. "I'm pretty sure if we follow the way to the lab we'll stumble on him." I pull on her a little to get us going, as I move I find myself wondering how in the world we could make it to have a room for two people in this tightly arranged sub-marine, until I see the scientist alongside Dmitri and Hammond.
"Hey !" I call out to them as I approach with Sereena. "Need some more hands ?" I say as I leave Sereena's hand to take some of the stuff.

-Tara-

"Nothing." Answered Hayden to Tara's question, almost too quickly "Absolutely nothing..."

-Dimitri-

Vayenshki seemed surprised at first, but humphed as he took the hairbrush to comb the mess that was his hair currently, making himself look less of an evil scientist.

"How I got here? Well, I slipped in even before they closed up the border. By plane. Took several to get the equipment in place... Why?"

-Cyriann-

Alad's face displayed a frown when another of his captors had offered to help him with the equipment.

"What is it with you Tenno today? You want something, don't you?"

Even Hammond raised an eyebrow, but they could use the extra hands. A couple of briefcases were still sitting at Cyriann's room after all.

Il y a 14 heures, Denny2669 a dit :

Alad's face displayed a frown when another of his captors had offered to help him with the equipment.

"What is it with you Tenno today? You want something, don't you?"

Even Hammond raised an eyebrow, but they could use the extra hands. A couple of briefcases were still sitting at Cyriann's room after all.

"Can't someone be nice naturally ?" He says as he picks some more things. "Plus I may add that yes, we have something to ask to you, but it is Sereena who is interested, not me."

He turns to her giving her a smile to encourage her to speak up.

Edited by Cyriann

3 hours ago, Cyriann said:

"Can't someone be nice naturally ?" He says as he picks some more things. "Plus I may add that yes, we have someone to ask to you, but it is Sereena who is interested, not me."

He turns to her giving her a smile to encourage her to speak up.

"Zek was the one with the idea actually." Sereena adds as she waits for her brainmate to speak up. 

"Ahyes, I was interested in that biological infested weapon thing. I thought you could maybe help me make a bowgun!.. no wait crossgun.. crossbow?" 

On 16. 4. 2018 at 8:56 PM, kyrozon said:

"Zek was the one with the idea actually." Sereena adds as she waits for her brainmate to speak up. 

"Ahyes, I was interested in that biological infested weapon thing. I thought you could maybe help me make a bowgun!.. no wait crossgun.. crossbow?" 

"So, you want me to develop technocyte weaponry?" Perked up Alad, still combing his hair as they approached the ladder up.

"You see, for that we will need to grow them. As technocyte grows, I can affect how it evolves by genetic engineering. Somewhat like a homoculus, every generation is different..." he put the hairbrush away, and starts scaling the ladder "I have already prepared some for growth, but I've been lacking the material to fully mature them..."

Once they were up in his lab, Alad motioned for them to set the equipment down by a table with a couple of jars and vials. Some technocyte beings seemed to grow inside those jars like plants. They were rather small however.

"These are some of the ones I've been developing. They're not much at the moment, but with time and resources, they can grow into weapons rivaling firearms. They would require your Warframes as a source of energy. However, what I can create is very limited. The technocyte often rejects my modifications and grows into something else entirely, but the end result is always something of use I can predict already at such an early stage."

He turns around to see the Tenno, half expecting an applause. Then he remembered who he was talking to, and sighed.

"In simple terms... I have a couple of subjects I can grow into useable weapons, but with the resources I have I can only grow two. Here's a list of my predictions of what they'll grow into."

Alad handed Sereena a clipboard, displaying Alad's research and their options in a format they should understand.

Embolist - gas thrower, small

Tysis - spike launcher, small, corrosive

Paracyst - harpoon launcher, houses a reel in function, big

Pox - toxic grenades, remote detonation

Cernos - bow, big

Thorid - toxic payload launcher, big

33 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"So, you want me to develop technocyte weaponry?" Perked up Alad, still combing his hair as they approached the ladder up.

"You see, for that we will need to grow them. As technocyte grows, I can affect how it evolves by genetic engineering. Somewhat like a homoculus, every generation is different..." he put the hairbrush away, and starts scaling the ladder "I have already prepared some for growth, but I've been lacking the material to fully mature them..."

Once they were up in his lab, Alad motioned for them to set the equipment down by a table with a couple of jars and vials. Some technocyte beings seemed to grow inside those jars like plants. They were rather small however.

"These are some of the ones I've been developing. They're not much at the moment, but with time and resources, they can grow into weapons rivaling firearms. They would require your Warframes as a source of energy. However, what I can create is very limited. The technocyte often rejects my modifications and grows into something else entirely, but the end result is always something of use I can predict already at such an early stage."

He turns around to see the Tenno, half expecting an applause. Then he remembered who he was talking to, and sighed.

"In simple terms... I have a couple of subjects I can grow into useable weapons, but with the resources I have I can only grow two. Here's a list of my predictions of what they'll grow into."

Alad handed Sereena a clipboard, displaying Alad's research and their options in a format they should understand.

Reveal hidden contents

Cernos - bow, big

"Well we finally got around to wondering how you even GOT to my country." said Dmitri as he hauled his bags. "Did you land at the airport or did you skydive in?" he asked curiously.

He didn't recall if the airport was even active with the quarantine in, given his former employers had him in some weird lab, he decided to assume that they had another way secured.

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Cernos - bow, big

"Sounds.. interesting. How could we get those materials you need?" Sereena asks as she reads over the clipboard.

"Cernos seems good, we used a bow before." Zek chirps as Sereena nods a little in agreement. 

"We should ask the others if they're interested in this though." She hums as she hands the clipboard to Cyriann. "Anything to your tastes on there?" 

il y a une heure, kyrozon a dit :

"Sounds.. interesting. How could we get those materials you need?" Sereena asks as she reads over the clipboard.

"Cernos seems good, we used a bow before." Zek chirps as Sereena nods a little in agreement. 

"We should ask the others if they're interested in this though." She hums as she hands the clipboard to Cyriann. "Anything to your tastes on there?" 

I look over the names and small caracteristics. "Mmm... Not really, I'm fine with what I have." I ponder a moment. "Alad... About those samples you had, did any of them behave abnormaly compared to the rest of the others ? I'm slightly worried after what Hayden showed me."

On 18. 4. 2018 at 3:36 PM, Drakeardian said:

"Well we finally got around to wondering how you even GOT to my country." said Dmitri as he hauled his bags. "Did you land at the airport or did you skydive in?" he asked curiously.

"The airport of course." Alad said "It is well fortified and functional, though it suffered great losses. Only one runway is still in use, and the warehouses must be full of planes by now as nothing that enters can leave, as is the quarantine protocol. Only exception is..." the scientist suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, his gaze avoiding the other's "-I mean, there is no exception. Nothing leaves this hole of a country."

On 18. 4. 2018 at 4:03 PM, kyrozon said:

"You can't just find it sitting on a window frame like cake if that's what you're thinking." Alad half mocked "I create the material myself, by extracting certain chemicals from common infected tissue. Tissue of rarer infected subjects may yield better results, but it is either way a lengthy process."

23 hours ago, Cyriann said:

"Alad... About those samples you had, did any of them behave abnormaly compared to the rest of the others ? I'm slightly worried after what Hayden showed me."

"Abnormal behavior was not uncommon. The samples behaved as if they never left the body, still controlled by the telepathic hive mind of this 'Lephantis'... What did Hayden show you?"

32 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"The airport of course." Alad said "It is well fortified and functional, though it suffered great losses. Only one runway is still in use, and the warehouses must be full of planes by now as nothing that enters can leave, as is the quarantine protocol. Only exception is..." the scientist suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, his gaze avoiding the other's "-I mean, there is no exception. Nothing leaves this hole of a country."

Dmitri frowned at that pause "What exception are you talking about Alad, You got out of that airport and that means there's a way in and out." Dmitri answered assertively, gripping the handles of Alad's bags rather tightly...

He was slowly disliking Alad again after giving him a hairbrush to clean himself up.

Il y a 15 heures, Denny2669 a dit :

"You can't just find it sitting on a window frame like cake if that's what you're thinking." Alad half mocked "I create the material myself, by extracting certain chemicals from common infected tissue. Tissue of rarer infected subjects may yield better results, but it is either way a lengthy process."

"I suppose it is logical when you think about it..." He mutters to himself knowing Sereena would hear him. 

Il y a 15 heures, Denny2669 a dit :

"Abnormal behavior was not uncommon. The samples behaved as if they never left the body, still controlled by the telepathic hive mind of this 'Lephantis'... What did Hayden show you?"

"Like it changing colors or growing on its own... Hayden showed me that my monster of a mind mate had escaped and battled them when they were fighting Lephantis." He shudders. "I'd prefer to be sure it has not escaped somewhere else."

Edited by Cyriann

23 hours ago, Drakeardian said:

Dmitri frowned at that pause "What exception are you talking about Alad, You got out of that airport and that means there's a way in and out." Dmitri answered assertively, gripping the handles of Alad's bags rather tightly...

He was slowly disliking Alad again after giving him a hairbrush to clean himself up.

"He means the plane that leaves once a month," Annika cut in. She'd had her door propped open, and had overhead the conversation. Now she stood in the hatch to her room, glaring at Alad. "The same plane that I won papers for a small package out. Though I'm sure Alad wouldn't mind sharing what else comes and goes on that plane." 

Her tone was mild as she spoke, but it held an undercurrent of steel. Dimitri would likely recognise it as the type of tone used by sergeants and senior NCOs to get their troops to fall in line without actually giving them an order.

On 19. 4. 2018 at 9:50 PM, Cyriann said:

"Like it changing colors or growing on its own... Hayden showed me that my monster of a mind mate had escaped and battled them when they were fighting Lephantis." He shudders. "I'd prefer to be sure it has not escaped somewhere else."

"One of the personalities within your head manifested it's own physical body?" Alad asked, now turned towards Cyriann and actually interested "Such control at such range, could it have multiplied itself? ... no, these personalities cannot multiply nor fracture... then it must've left it's host, but... Volt, do you still feel it's presence?"

On 20. 4. 2018 at 4:51 PM, Spikey844 said:

"He means the plane that leaves once a month," Annika cut in. She'd had her door propped open, and had overhead the conversation. Now she stood in the hatch to her room, glaring at Alad. "The same plane that I won papers for a small package out. Though I'm sure Alad wouldn't mind sharing what else comes and goes on that plane." 

Alad dropped his shoulders in defeat, facing away from them. He knows lies, pretty smiles and manipulation won't work on subject Nyx.
"Anyo and his weak will... fine, I'll share what I know. The plane always uses the same airport here in Larunda, the only one still actively being used by the military. They use it for transport of sensitive information, cargo, and anything that is needed outside of Lasria. It is mostly used by Anyo to get his goods out of and sell them, and avoid having to pay for parking space for other planes. If it weren't for Anyo, this would've been discontinued long before, but he pays for the plane's decontamination, fuel, the personel, cargo fees, and of course bribes. That way he could even ship technocyte material. However, it's schedule of arrival is irregular, so I cannot give you and exact date." he sighed "I originally planned for it to be my ticket out of this godforsaken place, but since you're aware of it's existence, I conclude you'll do what you always do?"

Tara continued making her way to the Church, reaching the location shortly after and noticing something that was immediately apparent upon arrival when comparing it to how it was when she arrived. The thing that jumped out at her was that there seemed to have been an explosion of some description, like a grenade had gone off... along with a blood trail leading outside.

"Hey Hayden, someone's been here." said Tara, drawing her gun before getting on tac-comm with their ostensible leader.

Edited by MetroFallout

47 minutes ago, MetroFallout said:

"Hey Hayden, someone's been here." said Tara, drawing her gun before getting on tac-comm with their ostensible leader.

"You're already there?" Hayden responded "You should've told me. I've set up traps, ones only us Tenno should survive."

The Church, the meeting point of the group of ghosts, the Tenno, looked almost the same as they left it. The key difference obviously being the explosion marks near the altar area, and the trail of blood. Upon examination, the blood seemed days, maybe even weeks old, but there wasn't a lot of it. The trap might've not been fatal to whoever set it off.

"Check the ash pile. I've hidden supplies there, in case someone was late. Do not approach the altar."

Edited by Denny2669

Il y a 13 heures, Denny2669 a dit :

One of the personalities within your head manifested it's own physical body?" Alad asked, now turned towards Cyriann and actually interested "Such control at such range, could it have multiplied itself? ... no, these personalities cannot multiply nor fracture... then it must've left it's host, but... Volt, do you still feel it's presence?"

"To be completely honest I never really felt its presence before the Ship incident, and after that Edge, my first mind mate, had shackled it, making it almost impossible to know it was there aside from knowing it existed." I pause a moment. "And since I woke up all I feel is a minuscle tug at the back of my mind, Edge shackled it again, and I think he went a bit overboard this time seeing how unsignificant its presence is now..."

Hearing Alad's commentary on the plane it reminds me of how Philia had described some of the works of Sakuraba, using a local figure to enter the scene, maybe it was thanks to Anyo that they had entered. Those thoughts worry me, because it would mean we wouldn't go up against the Lasrian army like we had up until now, but if I was right we'd be running straight into a military unit of Sakuraba, which we had litterally no idea of how they'd be fighting and more than anything what they could have had thought of to fight us.

19 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"You're already there?" Hayden responded "You should've told me. I've set up traps, ones only us Tenno should survive."

The Church, the meeting point of the group of ghosts, the Tenno, looked almost the same as they left it. The key difference obviously being the explosion marks near the altar area, and the trail of blood. Upon examination, the blood seemed days, maybe even weeks old, but there wasn't a lot of it. The trap might've not been fatal to whoever set it off.

"Check the ash pile. I've hidden supplies there, in case someone was late. Do not approach the altar."

"Yeah no, the supplies were all taken... or destroyed by that booby trapped grenade." said Tara, surveying the damage and her surroundings in the church hall. "Did you rig the altar up with a big bomb or something?"

8 hours ago, Cyriann said:

"To be completely honest I never really felt its presence before the Ship incident, and after that Edge, my first mind mate, had shackled it, making it almost impossible to know it was there aside from knowing it existed." I pause a moment. "And since I woke up all I feel is a minuscle tug at the back of my mind, Edge shackled it again, and I think he went a bit overboard this time seeing how unsignificant its presence is now..."

"Then it must still be there... it must've foreseen Lephantis' death and the severing of the connection, so it pulled back into it's original host. Oddly smart for a failure..." Alad remarked "Alone, these beings lack the ability to keep basic bodily functions running, like the heart beat, or breathing. That is why they require a host, and either choose to manipulate or take them over. Though, they're not always aware of this, and blindly jump into a foreign empty body only to realize they don't know how to breathe."

1 hour ago, MetroFallout said:

"Yeah no, the supplies were all taken... or destroyed by that booby trapped grenade." said Tara, surveying the damage and her surroundings in the church hall. "Did you rig the altar up with a big bomb or something?"

"Yes. I've hidden that suit of armour you saw in the rubble, and rigged it with a grenade. But if it isn't there, and neither are the supplies..."

A sudden pause...

"... go to the grave yard. Now."