Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [IC, Invite Only, 18+]

Denny2669

On 2019-02-17 at 12:07 AM, Cyriann said:

But now, we are to search, so at least here I can use my eyes. "I'll check on the suitcase, you two look at the big case, with your enhanced senses you might tell what's inside." I say in signs, just as Tara had taught us, thank god Edge helped me imprint them faster.

Going toward the case I spot another crate with Sakuraba, though this time it's open. What I see is unclear, something mechanical, a big chunk of something with joints. "What could that be?" I wonder to myself, Edge shrugging my worries off by refocusing me on the case.

Passing by crates with labels like weaponry or samples, Cyriann gets a closer look at the peculiar suitcase. It was rather cold and heavy, but clean and without a scratch, almost untouched. A lot of information was written on it's side, mostly shipping data. It appears to be going to north America, to one of Anyo Corp.'s HQs. It surprisingly weights over 10kg, but the item is meant to be only 5 cubic centimeters. It is labeled as "highly experimental tech. ship class 3 AI prototype" whatever it meant. There were some fields left out, like the international worth of the item or it's origin.

On 2019-03-08 at 8:07 PM, MetroFallout said:

She was ready and raring to go if push came to shove. She was prepared to stand her ground if need be.

Sereena could definitely feel something within the container. The rumble of engines made it difficult to hear, but there were faint soundwaves resembling a breathing pattern, and focusing more would reveal a heart beat. The more she listened, the more she could feel something. A presence. Even when she'd stop listening, it's still there. The feeling is almost familiar. There were no windows inside, and no further information other than coded shipping data, aside from it clearly being on the top of the priority list.

14 hours ago, 404Cygni said:

Cargo checking...That was bad. That could go from zero to open battleground fast, and she really didn't feel like spilling blood right now, so...Bluff it was. The good news was, she knew, just what to do, who to emulate. Channeling 'Uncle David' at his finest, she kept a calm smile and a tone of voice that felt disturbingly cheerful, lightly tapping on her rifle as her eyes sunk into Jin's and simply didn't let go, suddenly intense.

"I am repercussions, by the way. Start something and I'll gladly end it. So let's not go that way, shall we?"

"Now now, if anyone's ending anything here, it'll be us." Nako butted in once more. For his seemingly uncaring nature, he sure paid attention to any conversations taking place around him. "You two get along, or you're losing weapon privileges."

With his brother handling the rising tensions, Ved had decided to calm the fires with a distraction. They were at the truck for a reason after all, making sure to get everyone's attention with a clap, it was time to put on another trademark smile.
"So, now that acquaintances have been made, it is time to assure miss Du'Bois of Anyo's quality assurance program." with everyone looking, he moved the cover's of the truck's back to reveal the cargo within "As you can see, several sets of high end M.O.A. security and enforcment robots, still in high and pristine condition, all packaged and ready for...- What the hell?!"

The brother's speech was cut short when all of the sudden a man jumped out of the truck, his arms and legs tied, eyes covered and mouth gagged, falling flat on the ground and groaning for help. He wore the overalls of a mechanic, more specifically a worker from one of Anyo's warehouses, Ved and Nako could tell. The two brothers look each other's ways, then directed both their gazes at Annika, the owner of this cargo. The situation was not looking good. One wrong move can mean the difference between heated accusations and a full blown shootout.

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Now now, if anyone's ending anything here, it'll be us." Nako butted in once more. For his seemingly uncaring nature, he sure paid attention to any conversations taking place around him. "You two get along, or you're losing weapon privileges."

With his brother handling the rising tensions, Ved had decided to calm the fires with a distraction. They were at the truck for a reason after all, making sure to get everyone's attention with a clap, it was time to put on another trademark smile.
"So, now that acquaintances have been made, it is time to assure miss Du'Bois of Anyo's quality assurance program." with everyone looking, he moved the cover's of the truck's back to reveal the cargo within "As you can see, several sets of high end M.O.A. security and enforcment robots, still in high and pristine condition, all packaged and ready for...- What the hell?!"

The brother's speech was cut short when all of the sudden a man jumped out of the truck, his arms and legs tied, eyes covered and mouth gagged, falling flat on the ground and groaning for help. He wore the overalls of a mechanic, more specifically a worker from one of Anyo's warehouses, Ved and Nako could tell. The two brothers look each other's ways, then directed both their gazes at Annika, the owner of this cargo. The situation was not looking good. One wrong move can mean the difference between heated accusations and a full blown shootout.

Annika gave the tied up man a momentarily confused look. Externally at least. Internally she was seething and thinking very fast. Clearly the others had had to incapacitate this man in order to get out, but he'd woken up in the time between the infiltration team leaving and the cargo inspection. 

She came up with a plan, then began to put it into action. It started with an amused look Nako, one that was mixed with sympathy and a touch of irritation. "It seems some of Anyo's employees have some interesting kinks," she said, speaking as if discussing the weather, "bondage and public discovery? Quite the combination." She was flying on instinct here, hoping that her plan would work... provided she could stick to it.

3 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Sereena could definitely feel something within the container. The rumble of engines made it difficult to hear, but there were faint soundwaves resembling a breathing pattern, and focusing more would reveal a heart beat. The more she listened, the more she could feel something. A presence. Even when she'd stop listening, it's still there. The feeling is almost familiar. There were no windows inside, and no further information other than coded shipping data, aside from it clearly being on the top of the priority list.

Breathing... a heartbeat... it was alive. Oh how great it was a living thing. Even as Sereena stepped away from it, its presence still clung to her. Why did it feel so familiar? 

"They're keeping something alive in here. I think it's an infected." She speculates, although the fact that the living thing is infected would probably have been obvious. It was still hard to figure out what entity it was. It's breathing was too heavy to be a howler, she knew that. Just the familiar feeling of it made it feel like it couldn't be a howler. 

There were only two things that could bring this sense of familiarity to her. It was either a Chroma or... "It might be Mimas."

il y a 27 minutes, Denny2669 a dit :

Passing by crates with labels like weaponry or samples, Cyriann gets a closer look at the peculiar suitcase. It was rather cold and heavy, but clean and without a scratch, almost untouched. A lot of information was written on it's side, mostly shipping data. It appears to be going to north America, to one of Anyo Corp.'s HQs. It surprisingly weights over 10kg, but the item is meant to be only 5 cubic centimeters. It is labeled as "highly experimental tech. ship class 3 AI prototype" whatever it meant. There were some fields left out, like the international worth of the item or it's origin.

"An AI ?" I mumble to myself. Just this is enough to get my interest, an AI, there were no recent breakthrough in this matter for years, yet this one is specifically classified as a class 3, highly intelligent then, and designed for ships, maybe the Liset could use it... I ponder a moment looking at the case deliberating if I should just take it or leave it there.

il y a 15 minutes, kyrozon a dit :

Breathing... a heartbeat... it was alive. Oh how great it was a living thing. Even as Sereena stepped away from it, its presence still clung to her. Why did it feel so familiar? 

"They're keeping something alive in here. I think it's an infected." She speculates, although the fact that the living thing is infected would probably have been obvious. It was still hard to figure out what entity it was. It's breathing was too heavy to be a howler, she knew that. Just the familiar feeling of it made it feel like it couldn't be a howler. 

There were only two things that could bring this sense of familiarity to her. It was either a Chroma or... "It might be Mimas."

Until I hear Sereena utter a name that sends shivers down my spine. "Mi !mmrf." My own hand comes to muffle my own surprised reaction. "Be careful had I not been able to use your hand you'd have yelled that." As I regain control over my right hand I thank Edge for his rapid reaction and little break of rule to save us.

I thus decide to take the case, it is heavy, but the recent crystalization of my body proves to have enhanced my strength further, I'd have pained to lift that before, and her eI am walking like it isn't all that heavy at all as I join the girls. "Tara, that hing is an AI designed for use in ships, I don't know for what use, but my guess is we wouldn't want that out, or at least more to have it on the Liset than on cruisers hunting us." I show her the case. "It is a tad heavy, but I can move it around pretty easily."

Then I turn to Sereena, worried over what she said. "Are you sure of that ?" I ask looking at the door wondering if I should take the risk of opening it to kill the thing in case it really is Mimas. "If only we had an idea over if it is dangerous or not..." Edge is in favor of opening and killing the thing no matter what it is but I'm more worried of what could happen if the thing proves to be strong, or even a trap.

il y a 37 minutes, Denny2669 a dit :

il y a 28 minutes, Spikey844 a dit :

Annika gave the tied up man a momentarily confused look. Externally at least. Internally she was seething and thinking very fast. Clearly the others had had to incapacitate this man in order to get out, but he'd woken up in the time between the infiltration team leaving and the cargo inspection. 

She came up with a plan, then began to put it into action. It started with an amused look Nako, one that was mixed with sympathy and a touch of irritation. "It seems some of Anyo's employees have some interesting kinks," she said, speaking as if discussing the weather, "bondage and public discovery? Quite the combination." She was flying on instinct here, hoping that her plan would work... provided she could stick to it.

Jin had already started assessing the area, finding nothing he could use to determine what had happened, and he had no knowledge of Lasrian hence the technician's voice was nothing more to him than grunts and huffs he couldn't use.

As he forces the scientist girl next to him without a word his eyes shoot to a corner lingering a moment on a crate before he shakes his head, then he'd look at Du'Bois raising an eyebrow at her speech, that was quite an unusual reaction from someone whom had gone out of their way to come and check on their cargo themselves.

Sophie looks at the man with an amused smile. "I don't understand a word of what he says..." She looks up to Jin hoping for a translation, but his negative shake and fingers on his lips get her smile off rapidly as she grumbles again in disappointment.

2 hours ago, Cyriann said:

"An AI ?" I mumble to myself. Just this is enough to get my interest, an AI, there were no recent breakthrough in this matter for years, yet this one is specifically classified as a class 3, highly intelligent then, and designed for ships, maybe the Liset could use it... I ponder a moment looking at the case deliberating if I should just take it or leave it there.

Until I hear Sereena utter a name that sends shivers down my spine. "Mi !mmrf." My own hand comes to muffle my own surprised reaction. "Be careful had I not been able to use your hand you'd have yelled that." As I regain control over my right hand I thank Edge for his rapid reaction and little break of rule to save us.

I thus decide to take the case, it is heavy, but the recent crystalization of my body proves to have enhanced my strength further, I'd have pained to lift that before, and her eI am walking like it isn't all that heavy at all as I join the girls. "Tara, that hing is an AI designed for use in ships, I don't know for what use, but my guess is we wouldn't want that out, or at least more to have it on the Liset than on cruisers hunting us." I show her the case. "It is a tad heavy, but I can move it around pretty easily."

Then I turn to Sereena, worried over what she said. "Are you sure of that ?" I ask looking at the door wondering if I should take the risk of opening it to kill the thing in case it really is Mimas. "If only we had an idea over if it is dangerous or not..." Edge is in favor of opening and killing the thing no matter what it is but I'm more worried of what could happen if the thing proves to be strong, or even a trap.

"Whatever it is, I have confidence in your abilities and my guns." said Tara, gesturing towards the Mare's Leg. "This is the gun that killed Shane after all. Blew a massive hole into him. Whatever's in there probably can't take too many hits from my Mare's Leg. Failing that, my Garand will make short work of it."

She wasn't kidding. Her Mare's Leg had as much oomph to it as a .50 calibre Raufoss round and her Garand has even more power behind each projectile, firing a round that is as powerful as a 20x110mm Hispano Suiza autocannon shell through the length of barrel that her Garand has. It was a legitimate APC-killer in her hands.

"If we don't want it out, we'll have to destroy it... though did you say that the A.I would be better suited on the Liset though? If it is, I'll back you up and help you pull it out of here if and when the fighting dies down because I have a feeling something's gonna go down soon and it ain't gonna be pretty."

Edited by MetroFallout

1 hour ago, MetroFallout said:

"If we don't want it out, we'll have to destroy it... though did you say that the A.I would be better suited on the Liset though? If it is, I'll back you up and help you pull it out of here if and when the fighting dies down because I have a feeling something's gonna go down soon and it ain't gonna be pretty."

Sereena nodded to what Tara said. The merc was right about it being better to destroy this... whatever it was. The Banshee looks over to the pressure valve. "Should I open it?" She asks to the other two. It was maybe not the best idea of hers to be the one freeing the possible beast while being the squishiest of the bunch, but she felt slightly comforted by the idea that Tara and Cyriann would most likely shoot the thing down before it could strike her... hopefully. 

il y a 10 minutes, kyrozon a dit :

Sereena nodded to what Tara said. The merc was right about it being better to destroy this... whatever it was. The Banshee looks over to the pressure valve. "Should I open it?" She asks to the other two. It was maybe not the best idea of hers to be the one freeing the possible beast while being the squishiest of the bunch, but she felt slightly comforted by the idea that Tara and Cyriann would most likely shoot the thing down before it could strike her... hopefully. 

I give her a nod as I place the heavy case away from us just in case it doesn't get zapped by my powers if things get really bad.

I take my blade out in its heavier form, Edge wants a good fight, and to end things fast a big hit at lightning will be all we need. But I can't help a little sting of worries to be here. "What if it isn't Mimas ? What if it isn't even hostile at all ?" I wonder and worry, but I'll see how things go in the action.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully, Jean wasn't quite up to speed on Team Infiltration's shenanigans, so she didn't have to fake surprise and confusion, and managed to not blush at the man caught in a...Compromising situation, by the looks of it. She shrugged a bit, flabbergasted at the newest developments. She shrugged. In a way, this was weird...But she had seen weirder.

"...I've got nothing."

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-03-13 at 4:41 PM, Spikey844 said:

The brothers' reaction was... unsurprising at best. The looks they gave her and each other were ones of utter confusion. And they call Asia weird, are all foreigners like this? Safe to say, they totally did not eat Annika's joke, nor did they seem to find it very funny. Ved looked to Nako, saying "Nako, jǐngbào ānquán wǒmen yǒu yīgè rùqīn zhě." who nodded and turned around, taking out comms unit. He's likely about to alert all security personnel, meaning some quick thinking might delay him from doing so.

On 2019-03-13 at 5:21 PM, Cyriann said:

Sophie looks at the man with an amused smile. "I don't understand a word of what he says..." She looks up to Jin hoping for a translation, but his negative shake and fingers on his lips get her smile off rapidly as she grumbles again in disappointment.

Meanwhile, Ved crouched down to help the bound man get free. First the hands, then the cloth around his face and mouth preventing him from speaking. Once free, he took a deep breath, visibly grateful to get the dirty taste out of his mouth. His eyes widened when he looked around, realizing just where he was. He must be asking how he got here.

"What's your name? The hell happened to you?" asked the Xol brother who set him free, to which the mechanic replied still wearing down the shock.

"I-I was... going for keys... lunch break. Then... hard hit, dark..." he was visibly struggling to keep it all in English, not his first language.

"Lunch? ... that was just as the cargo departed, how did this get past inspection?"

"I don't know... head hurts..." he rubs the spot of impact, not bleeding but still quite a mark "Attacked, I think..."

"Damn it... today of all days... Miss Du'Bois?" Ved now directed his attention back to Annika "I don't want to be disrespectful now, but please excuse me if I find it little hard to believe this is all just a big coincidence..."

On 2019-03-13 at 8:24 PM, kyrozon said:

Eventually, one of them would open the large container, and it would be Sereena. She might be the most vulnerable, but that's precisely why she is the one to do it, leaving the two fighters fully capable of protecting her. Turning the valve, the locks would roll back and the sense of safety would lessen as well. It squeaked lightly as pressure was put on the hinges, the hatch finally opening, albeit slowly. As light from outside slowly shone into the container, they would see what - according to their sources - supposedly threatens all Tenno everywhere. And the sight is...

"... what now?! Did you not have enough?! I won't give you any more, no matter how it hurts!"

It was the voice of a child, feisty, yet tired... she must've been in there for a while, the light blinding her, mistaking the Tenno for her captors.

9 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

The brothers' reaction was... unsurprising at best. The looks they gave her and each other were ones of utter confusion. And they call Asia weird, are all foreigners like this? Safe to say, they totally did not eat Annika's joke, nor did they seem to find it very funny. Ved looked to Nako, saying "Nako, jǐngbào ānquán wǒmen yǒu yīgè rùqīn zhě." who nodded and turned around, taking out comms unit. He's likely about to alert all security personnel, meaning some quick thinking might delay him from doing so.

Meanwhile, Ved crouched down to help the bound man get free. First the hands, then the cloth around his face and mouth preventing him from speaking. Once free, he took a deep breath, visibly grateful to get the dirty taste out of his mouth. His eyes widened when he looked around, realizing just where he was. He must be asking how he got here.

"What's your name? The hell happened to you?" asked the Xol brother who set him free, to which the mechanic replied still wearing down the shock.

"I-I was... going for keys... lunch break. Then... hard hit, dark..." he was visibly struggling to keep it all in English, not his first language.

"Lunch? ... that was just as the cargo departed, how did this get past inspection?"

"I don't know... head hurts..." he rubs the spot of impact, not bleeding but still quite a mark "Attacked, I think..."

"Damn it... today of all days... Miss Du'Bois?" Ved now directed his attention back to Annika "I don't want to be disrespectful now, but please excuse me if I find it little hard to believe this is all just a big coincidence..."

"Yes, because of course I snuck people in here, to one of the most secure places in Lasria,"  Annika said with an eyeroll, even as she tightened up her mental control. She was most definitely on borrowed time now. "And of course I loaded them into the crates and brought them here, all so they could break out and cause havoc." She sneered at Ved, lips curling and nose wrinkling as if she'd just smelt something foul.

"Do you take me for a fool Ved Xol? Do you really think I would compromise the one safe route in and out of Lasria? And what reason would I have for doing so anyway? More likely you are dealing with infiltrators and thieves from the Red Vein or Cobalt Meridian." She swept her arm out, gesturing to the crates around them. "I'd bet good money there is lots of tech and weaponry in here, stuff that those groups could use or sell." Annika knew they couldn't stall them from summoning security. What she could do was confuse matters, give them a different target. If they were searching in the warehouse, maybe they wouldn't look elsewhere.

A thought occurred to her. "And aren't the Red Vein reputed to be camo experts? No where is truly impenetrable. Combined with Hexagon and... his, her, whatever," she waved away the pronouns, "ability to gather information, and you want to pin a security breach on me? I just want to get these mechs to my father. They could make us a fortune. Just because I wiped your brother out doesn't mean I'm not looking to make more money." Throughout this all, Annika maintained the air of someone decidedly irritated of a false accusation. Then she drew in a breath, composing herself. "I'll give you, the timing is rather coincidental. But if the coincidence aligns with anything, its probably the plane being here, rather than my cargo and I."

Le 10/04/2019 à 22:05, Denny2669 a dit :

Eventually, one of them would open the large container, and it would be Sereena. She might be the most vulnerable, but that's precisely why she is the one to do it, leaving the two fighters fully capable of protecting her. Turning the valve, the locks would roll back and the sense of safety would lessen as well. It squeaked lightly as pressure was put on the hinges, the hatch finally opening, albeit slowly. As light from outside slowly shone into the container, they would see what - according to their sources - supposedly threatens all Tenno everywhere. And the sight is...

"... what now?! Did you not have enough?! I won't give you any more, no matter how it hurts!"

It was the voice of a child, feisty, yet tired... she must've been in there for a while, the light blinding her, mistaking the Tenno for her captors.

"A kid ?" I tilt my head to the side as I let Edge fall down. "And we were all expecting something ugly to come out of this." I sigh, this was a lucky moment for us a greatly lucky moment.

"Tara I think you can lower your gun here, at least, stop pointing it like that." I say to her as I get Edge on my back, feeling spikes coming out to latch it on my back. "Say kid, why are you here ?" I then ask her. "Promise we have nothing to do with those who put you in there, they don't like us much either." I do all I have to seem as non threatening as possible while trying to stay discreet and not approaching, just in case she has powers like us, better steer clear of any blast radius.

"Establish communication, decide if she is ally or enemy right ? Sound logic, Tara can be proud."
"You know full well I'd prefer to avoid a bloodbath, so let's first try and discuss before firing for once, she doesn't seem hostile right off the bat, if we can convince her we are on her side we might just have a new ally to count on."
"Sly as a fox, maybe manipulative also works here, you are less naive than the others might be thinking, if anything happens you know you can count on me anyways."

Edited by Cyriann

il y a 48 minutes, Denny2669 a dit :

il y a 13 minutes, Spikey844 a dit :

"Yes, because of course I snuck people in here, to one of the most secure places in Lasria,"  Annika said with an eyeroll, even as she tightened up her mental control. She was most definitely on borrowed time now. "And of course I loaded them into the crates and brought them here, all so they could break out and cause havoc." She sneered at Ved, lips curling and nose wrinkling as if she'd just smelt something foul.

"Do you take me for a fool Ved Xol? Do you really think I would compromise the one safe route in and out of Lasria? And what reason would I have for doing so anyway? More likely you are dealing with infiltrators and thieves from the Red Vein or Cobalt Meridian." She swept her arm out, gesturing to the crates around them. "I'd bet good money there is lots of tech and weaponry in here, stuff that those groups could use or sell." Annika knew they couldn't stall them from summoning security. What she could do was confuse matters, give them a different target. If they were searching in the warehouse, maybe they wouldn't look elsewhere.

A thought occurred to her. "And aren't the Red Vein reputed to be camo experts? No where is truly impenetrable. Combined with Hexagon and... his, her, whatever," she waved away the pronouns, "ability to gather information, and you want to pin a security breach on me? I just want to get these mechs to my father. They could make us a fortune. Just because I wiped your brother out doesn't mean I'm not looking to make more money." Throughout this all, Annika maintained the air of someone decidedly irritated of a false accusation. Then she drew in a breath, composing herself. "I'll give you, the timing is rather coincidental. But if the coincidence aligns with anything, its probably the plane being here, rather than my cargo and I."

"It is clear you have intruders on hand. Jin ? Aren't you supposed to do somethign about it ?" Sophie doesn't even seem to be phased by the situation or the passive aggressiveness of the exchange.

Jin shakes his head. "You're package, not leaving." His eye glances again toward the same container as he takes hold of the girl's arm, as if it was a sign of him protecting her.

Sophie inflates her cheeks in disapointment like a  spoiled kid. "And I hoped you'd do something worth any interest." She adds almost loudly to try and elicit reprobing looks to Jin so she'd be able to be free for a moment.

On 2019-04-11 at 4:53 AM, Cyriann said:

"A kid ?" I tilt my head to the side as I let Edge fall down. "And we were all expecting something ugly to come out of this." I sigh, this was a lucky moment for us a greatly lucky moment.

"Tara I think you can lower your gun here, at least, stop pointing it like that." I say to her as I get Edge on my back, feeling spikes coming out to latch it on my back. "Say kid, why are you here ?" I then ask her. "Promise we have nothing to do with those who put you in there, they don't like us much either." I do all I have to seem as non threatening as possible while trying to stay discreet and not approaching, just in case he has powers like us, better steer clear of any blast radius.

"Establish communication, decide if she is ally or enemy right ? Sound logic, Tara can be proud."
"You know full well I'd prefer to avoid a bloodbath, so let's first try and discuss before firing for once, she doesn't seem hostile right off the bat, if we can convince her we are on her side we might just have a new ally to count on."
"Sly as a fox, maybe manipulative also works here, you are less naive than the others might be thinking, if anything happens you know you can count on me anyways."

Tara sighed and simply reabsorbed the Mare's Leg into her body again and showed them her empty palms.

"Hands are empty, see?" she said to Cyriann before stepping past him and flipping her mask up to show her face to the child. "Hey there little one, what's your name? Mine's Tara."

12 minutes ago, MetroFallout said:

Tara sighed and simply reabsorbed the Mare's Leg into her body again and showed them her empty palms.

"Hands are empty, see?" she said to Cyriann before stepping past him and flipping her mask up to show her face to the child. "Hey there little one, what's your name? Mine's Tara."

Sereena took a step back as Tara stepped forward. It seemed better to not intimidate the little kid by gathering around her while she was still hidden in that container, actually no, cage was the word she was looking for. 

Her attention drifted away lightly as she looks out of the plane. The rumble of the engines was starting to become unnerving, made it hard to hear if something was approaching them. She didn't like it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-10 at 10:41 PM, Spikey844 said:

- snip -

"Really? You think those amateurs would dare something like this?" Ved said, not looking convinced. "Red Vein? They'll raid a ramen stand and pretend like that's supposed to make us care about them. Kids with matches, they wouldn't get within a 10 mile radius. Cobalt Meridian? They only care for lost causes and protecting the weak. They can't even plan a shopping list, let alone top security facility infiltration. Hexagon? Peh... all bark but no bite. Might even just be a rumor. You, however..." he continues "Have impeccable timing as you've said it. A completely out of the blue transport showing up an hour before departure, thanks to a private deal with the boss' son himself that only you and him could've known ahead about, and lastly... if you wanted those robots for your father... why not just let him buy them himself? Why go through this trouble to buy them here and ship them out of Lasria through quarantine when Anyo Corp has facilities offering the same tech outside?" Ved's words sounded rather serious. Most people would think themselves busted, and Annika is already on borrowed time. With the limited amount of power she has due to keeping herself from being found out, she cannot tell if he's sure of his assumptions or bluffing to get an answer out of her. If she needed a silver tongue until now, this'll require a golden one.

Near them, Nako had the guards already on call, speaking to them in English "Status alert. We have a breach. Check the plane first thing, but don't go in. If any of you damage merchandise I'll make shark fin soup out of you all. Hazmat team will take care if anything in there."

On 2019-04-15 at 2:19 PM, MetroFallout said:

For a second, as her eyes adjust to the Tenno, her eyes seem to be glimmering, like things were finally in a long time looking her way. Though she quickly changed expressions a moment later, pushing herself into the corner of the container as she looked at Cyriann suspiciously. They all still had their faces hidden behind masks "A lot of people hate each other, doesn't always make them enemies. The funny dressed man said the next time these doors open, I'll be put to work. And that I'll be far, far away..." her eyes looked to the ground of her cold cell. They were a vibrant, almost unnatural shade of purple, one brighter than the other, almost pink. She could barely keep them open. She was dressed in patient clothes, and exposed areas of her skin showed cuts and bruises, her captors visibly uncaring for her comfort. Her black hair was short and messy, falling out at places.

She looked to the now unmasked Tara, a little less suspicious now, but still keeping her distance "Neewa." she answered, her gaze focused more on her hands "Are you... Mesa?"

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

For a second, as her eyes adjust to the Tenno, her eyes seem to be glimmering, like things were finally in a long time looking her way. Though she quickly changed expressions a moment later, pushing herself into the corner of the container as she looked at Cyriann suspiciously. They all still had their faces hidden behind masks "A lot of people hate each other, doesn't always make them enemies. The funny dressed man said the next time these doors open, I'll be put to work. And that I'll be far, far away..." her eyes looked to the ground of her cold cell. They were a vibrant, almost unnatural shade of purple, one brighter than the other, almost pink. She could barely keep them open. She was dressed in patient clothes, and exposed areas of her skin showed cuts and bruises, her captors visibly uncaring for her comfort. Her black hair was short and messy, falling out at places.

She looked to the now unmasked Tara, a little less suspicious now, but still keeping her distance "Neewa." she answered, her gaze focused more on her hands "Are you... Mesa?"

"That's what they call me... how do you know that?" asked Tara, tilting her head and looking at Neewa curiously. "Where were you originally from? Because depending on your answer, we might be able to get you home and away from here before the plane takes off."

I take my helmet off, sighing a bit. "I'm Volt, or at least that's how they decided to call me." I give her a smile as I designate Sereena. "And she is Banshee."

il y a 1 minute, MetroFallout a dit :

"That's what they call me... how do you know that?" asked Tara, tilting her head and looking at Neewa curiously. "Where were you originally from? Because depending on your answer, we might be able to get you home and away from here before the plane takes off."

I give a nod to Tara's words. "Though first of all we'll need to get out of here, preferably not getting spotted on the way." And though it doesn't seem all that good of a news I give Neewa a thumb up. "We got here without problem, getting out is thus possible as well." I add.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-04-25 at 7:14 PM, Cyriann said:

I give a nod to Tara's words. "Though first of all we'll need to get out of here, preferably not getting spotted on the way." And though it doesn't seem all that good of a news I give Neewa a thumb up. "We got here without problem, getting out is thus possible as well." I add.

Sereena followed the example of the others, taking off her helmet and flinching as the noise was no longer filtered by her helmet. She nodded lightly to Neewa and forced a smile on her lips before putting her helmet back on. It hadn't even crossed her mind before that precautions would've been taken to not be overwhelmed by sound. It had seemed to startle Zek into silence too. 

At least the engines did seem softer sounding now. That was a pleasant change. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-25 at 5:14 PM, Denny2669 said:

"Really? You think those amateurs would dare something like this?" Ved said, not looking convinced. "Red Vein? They'll raid a ramen stand and pretend like that's supposed to make us care about them. Kids with matches, they wouldn't get within a 10 mile radius. Cobalt Meridian? They only care for lost causes and protecting the weak. They can't even plan a shopping list, let alone top security facility infiltration. Hexagon? Peh... all bark but no bite. Might even just be a rumor. You, however..." he continues "Have impeccable timing as you've said it. A completely out of the blue transport showing up an hour before departure, thanks to a private deal with the boss' son himself that only you and him could've known ahead about, and lastly... if you wanted those robots for your father... why not just let him buy them himself? Why go through this trouble to buy them here and ship them out of Lasria through quarantine when Anyo Corp has facilities offering the same tech outside?" Ved's words sounded rather serious. Most people would think themselves busted, and Annika is already on borrowed time. With the limited amount of power she has due to keeping herself from being found out, she cannot tell if he's sure of his assumptions or bluffing to get an answer out of her. If she needed a silver tongue until now, this'll require a golden one.

Near them, Nako had the guards already on call, speaking to them in English "Status alert. We have a breach. Check the plane first thing, but don't go in. If any of you damage merchandise I'll make shark fin soup out of you all. Hazmat team will take care if anything in there."

Annika knew she was teetering on edges now. Ved getting damn suspicious was going to happen at some point. That said, she did have some counter-points. She could only hope they were enough.

"We didn't have any contact with Anyo," she stated simply, steadily, though still sounding irritated. "Differing circles. Our business has been in more traditional weaponry and communications, not robotics and AI, something that Anyo seems to specialise in. As Nako could tell you, and I'd guess has told you, I got this plane slot very recently and by chance, meaning the purchase had to go through very fast because these robots are a game changer." She glanced over at the containers. "They're good. Really good. Almost too good to be true, and I'd be thinking just that if I had not seen them with my own eyes. My father is the same. Just informing him about them with a letter will not get him nosing around Anyo Corp. Sending him working models absolutely will." She looked back at Ved, meeting his gaze square on. "And if you think amateurs are not a threat, then you've forgotten how stupid they can be, and how unpredictable they can be."

Then she grimaced and closed her eyes, massaging her temples as if her headache had flared up once more. She positioned her hands in such a way that they completely covered her eyes, preventing any light from flaring up as she reached out to the other two teams with her mind. 

'Guards alerted to breach, plane about to be checked, stand by for contact.' A simple message, but with military personnel of some sort on all teams, they'd be ready.

On 2019-04-25 at 7:03 PM, MetroFallout said:

The child smiled, almost in the way one would when they knew more than the other, looking up at Tara with an all knowing gaze "I know many things. Things that one day just came to me. Like a songbird, with stories that made the sky both bright and cloudy..." she started trailing her finger along the smudgy floor of her cell, leaving behind a trail. Soon the lines were starting to resemble shapes, those of a sun and a cloud "Sometimes, the clouds bunched up into a storm..." she created seemingly random dots under the cloud, resembling rain, and a zig-zag line, like lightning "That's where I heard those names... those tales... the scary men in white are just thieves, they say the words but don't know the story, or don't care. Like Billy in school, sleeping with straw sticking out of his nose and ears." she giggled a little, drawing a simple face with very exaggerated ears, a snoddy nose, closed eyes and a drooling mouth.

At the question of her hometown, she raised her head and was about to say "Micho-" but she suddenly stopped herself, hand before her mouth, quickly looking weary again.

On 2019-04-25 at 7:14 PM, Cyriann said:

I take my helmet off, sighing a bit. "I'm Volt, or at least that's how they decided to call me." I give her a smile as I designate Sereena. "And she is Banshee."

"How do I know you're not trying to trick me? Why is the plane still rumbling? Where's Helmie? He would be helping you if you meant it!" she suddenly got defensive, crawling back into her cell's corner. It seems she doesn't trust the Tenno, and time may be running short. They have yet to realize what's coming.

45 minutes ago, Spikey844 said:

"We didn't have any contact with Anyo," she stated simply, steadily, though still sounding irritated. "Differing circles. Our business has been in more traditional weaponry and communications, not robotics and AI, something that Anyo seems to specialize in. As Nako could tell you, and I'd guess has told you, I got this plane slot very recently and by chance, meaning the purchase had to go through very fast because these robots are a game changer." She glanced over at the containers. "They're good. Really good. Almost too good to be true, and I'd be thinking just that if I had not seen them with my own eyes. My father is the same. Just informing him about them with a letter will not get him nosing around Anyo Corp. Sending him working models absolutely will." She looked back at Ved, meeting his gaze square on. "And if you think amateurs are not a threat, then you've forgotten how stupid they can be, and how unpredictable they can be."

Despite bringing up a couple of good points, Ved looks unconvinced. But there was a pause, as if he were thinking. He glanced to the truck, then the recovering worker. After a while Nako was done announcing the breach. There was no loud alert through the hangars announcement systems, so it must've been a silent alert, hoping to catch the intruders off guard. Then joining his brother's side, he said to him quietly "Tā bù huì chéngrèn..."

"Wǒ zhīdào..." Ved replied in a frustrated tone. His arms were crossed as he was unwilling to lose this debate "You won't mind telling that to the boss then. Because you're not going anywhere until the situation is resolved, and neither is your cargo." he took a few steps closer to her, trying to look imposing, giving both Annika and Jean a long hard stare "And if the situation escalates, we will have every reason to search both."

That's when Nako threw a look at the other two, the Sakuraba man and the scientist "You're staying too. And if they end up clean, you're next."

Edited by Denny2669
Neewa is a cutie

45 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

The child smiled, almost in the way one would when they knew more than the other, looking up at Tara with an all knowing gaze "I know many things. Things that one day just came to me. Like a songbird, with stories that made the sky both bright and cloudy..." she started trailing her finger along the smudgy floor of her cell, leaving behind a trail. Soon the lines were starting to resemble shapes, those of a sun and a cloud "Sometimes, the clouds bunched up into a storm..." she created seemingly random dots under the cloud, resembling rain, and a zig-zag line, like lightning "That's where I heard those names... those tales... the scary men in white are just thieves, they say the words but don't know the story, or don't care. Like Billy in school, sleeping with straw sticking out of his nose and ears." she giggled a little, drawing a simple face with very exaggerated ears, a snotty nose, closed eyes and a drooling mouth.

At the question of her hometown, she raised her head and was about to say "Micho-" but she suddenly stopped herself, hand before her mouth, quickly looking weary again.

"How do I know you're not trying to trick me? Why is the plane still rumbling? Where's Helmie? He would be helping you if you meant it!" she suddenly got defensive, crawling back into her cell's corner. It seems she doesn't trust the Tenno, and time may be running short. They have yet to realize what's coming.

“I'm not sure what you're referring to but we need to get outta here Neewa. If they want you, it can't be good for us... both you and us Tenno.” said Tara, flipping her mask back down to cover her face once more. “The plane's being readied for takeoff. I think it'd be a good idea to leave before it does or if indeed they come and check on you and then see us. It'd be bad for your health to catch bullets little one. Nyx just sent out a warning about the plane being checked and I'll bet they'd have guns on them.”

Extending her hand out to Neewa, Tara hoped that the girl would have some sense that befits her wisdom that seemed beyond her years.

“Please, let's get moving. It'd be better if we could move quietly and get you someplace safe before the shooting begins outside.” she said to the girl, half-pleading with her.

Edited by MetroFallout

1 hour ago, Spikey844 said:

Guards alerted to breach, plane about to be checked, stand by for contact.' A simple message, but with military personnel of some sort on all teams, they'd be ready.

It took Sereena a few seconds to process the message the group just received. In part because it seemed to be a lower volume than Tara's speech, yet much clearer over the engines rumble. Once it clicked that it was from Annika it made much more sense that it was so clear.

32 minutes ago, MetroFallout said:

Extending her hand out to Neewa, Tara hoped that the girl would have some sense that befits her wisdom that seemed beyond her years.

“Please, let's get moving. It'd be better if we could move quietly and get you someplace safe before the shooting begins outside.” she said to the girl, half-pleading with her.

That half-plead made Sereena think of a small plan. The chances of working was slim, but... could be worth a shot. Banshee barely held herself from shouting out the question. It certainly didn't help that to her the engines seemed so much louder, but she didn't dare hinder her hearing, not now that it could be key to hear footsteps.

"Is Helmie alive? I might be able to find him." She suggests as she gestures to her helmet-covered ears. She had heard the breathing of the kid, so maybe she could hear the breathing of this 'Helmie'. On one hand it felt like a stupid idea. This place was full of crates and she had to push her ear against Neewa's cage to pick up her breathing. What were the odds of her picking out the right sound in a full warehouse. 

"Why'd waste that time? Kill the kid seems easier if we want to stay alive." Zek chimed out in the back of Sereena's mind. The suggestion startled her. Her brainmate had stayed quiet for the last few minutes and now he came out with that suggestion. It wasn't pleasant.

"Hayden told us to capture or kill her. I think he'd much rather have the first happen if he learns she's just a kid." She didn't allow Zek to protest it. She had learned to wrestle some control from her virus in situations like this, forcing Zek to remain silent. For now.

Edited by kyrozon

18 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Despite bringing up a couple of good points, Ved looks unconvinced. But there was a pause, as if he were thinking. He glanced to the truck, then the recovering worker. After a while Nako was done announcing the breach. There was no loud alert through the hangars announcement systems, so it must've been a silent alert, hoping to catch the intruders off guard. Then joining his brother's side, he said to him quietly "Tā bù huì chéngrèn..."

"Wǒ zhīdào..." Ved replied in a frustrated tone. His arms were crossed as he was unwilling to lose this debate "You won't mind telling that to the boss then. Because you're not going anywhere until the situation is resolved, and neither is your cargo." he took a few steps closer to her, trying to look imposing, giving both Annika and Jean a long hard stare "And if the situation escalates, we will have every reason to search both."

That's when Nako threw a look at the other two, the Sakuraba man and the scientist "You're staying too. And if they end up clean, you're next."

"Get a woman if you want to search my person," Annika replied flatly, but didn't rebut the search demand. She wasn't in a position to do that. Neither did she attempt to prevent them from contacting their boss. Again, she wasn't in a position to swing that. "I'll stay here with my cargo. I don't want it out of my line of sight." She had hoped the Sakuraba people would go as well, but it seems luck was not on her side in this. However, once Nako and Ved left, she might be able to use her telepathy on both of them and knock them out. Maybe even play with their memories to provide an excuse for their disappearance.

It was no longer a question of if they would have to start shooting, but when.

• 2 weeks later...
Le 25/05/2019 à 21:34, Denny2669 a dit :

"The plane is rumbling beccause they are running the engines, we have to go, now." Is what I'd have said if she hadn't crawled her way back immediately.

Le 25/05/2019 à 21:54, MetroFallout a dit :

“I'm not sure what you're referring to but we need to get outta here Neewa. If they want you, it can't be good for us... both you and us Tenno.” said Tara, flipping her mask back down to cover her face once more. “The plane's being readied for takeoff. I think it'd be a good idea to leave before it does or if indeed they come and check on you and then see us. It'd be bad for your health to catch bullets little one. Nyx just sent out a warning about the plane being checked and I'll bet they'd have guns on them.”

Le 25/05/2019 à 22:14, kyrozon a dit :

"Is Helmie alive? I might be able to find him." She suggests as she gestures to her helmet-covered ears. She had heard the breathing of the kid, so maybe she could hear the breathing of this 'Helmie'. On one hand it felt like a stupid idea. This place was full of crates and she had to push her ear against Neewa's cage to pick up her breathing. What were the odds of her picking out the right sound in a full warehouse

And they both act before I can form a word, I simply nod at Neewa, they are right, we have to move out before anything happens, especially now that Annika said they are going to com in and inspect the shipment.

"Neewa I know you are afraid." I squat down to her level, letting her keep the distance she needs, and take the mask off again to show her my calm. "I swear it to you, if your friend is somewhere we can reach I'll do all I can to save them." I give her a wink with an amused smile. "I can run pretty fast, so don't worry for me, now let's go, ok ?"