Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Shimmering Light In The Dark Sector [IC, Invite Only, 18+]

Denny2669

20 minutes ago, Spikey844 said:

"What the fuçk did you do to my armour?!"

Surely enough, it was only a matter of time until someone got so fed up with the scientist that they had the need to break a thing or two. But for it to be the calmest person aboard was a surprise. Alad's resolve drained long before he faced the woman's wrath, painfully pressed against the wall as he squirmed out a hasty answer.

"I-I was only finishing what I started! Ah! I could... not predict the mutation to spread so quickly! I-I meant no ill will! I would never-ah, dare! Please unhand me..."

"Hawthorne!" boomed the voice of Hayden "Stand down, that's an order!" it was time to enforce his command, if he is to be their leader. If it wasn't for Dimitri, he would be standing right at the epicentre of comotion and try to resolve it.

Infighting... he was hoping that wouldn't become a problem that needs solving, not again.

12 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Hawthorne!" boomed the voice of Hayden "Stand down, that's an order!" it was time to enforce his command, if he is to be their leader. If it wasn't for Dimitri, he would be standing right at the epicentre of comotion and try to resolve it.

The first thing Sereena noticed before Hayden's voice boomed through the room was the twisted warframe that belonged to Nyx. To her it looked disturbing, while Zek found it the most intriguing item in the room. As the three men shouted for Annika to calm down, she slowly paces to stand behind Hayden. "Annika, put him down please." She asks, maybe not the most useful, but she didn't know what else she could say.

Edited by kyrozon

Jean felt happy. She had managed to gather a lot of intel and felt the need to share that with everyone. Well, everyone except thge mad scientist on board, but still.It seemed like there were finally some good news to be appreciated. She walked out of her room...

"Gather up everyone, I have grand...Guys?"

And found no one. Worried, she started looking, until a scream cut through her woes. Keen ears guided her as she ran through the Liset's corridors and found the scene. Flashing back to Shane's finale, she turned white as a sheet.

"Please don't?"

While she barely dared to speak up, her voice barely in audible range, the Brit couldn't help but feel sick and tired of all of it. People kept dying. Lasria itself as dead, all that was left was a place where hope went to die. So why? Why couldn't things run right for once? Why couldn't they stop trying to kill eachother while the end of the world  kept unraveling? Could they really survive while spending more time fighting their own allies than solving the actually problems?

Everyone was swarming into the armoury and yelling, Dimitri trying to separate the two, others watching in concern, Hayden yelling at Annika. 

Annika’s only response was to growl, low and deep in her throat, glowing blue eyes taking a moment to bore into Dimitri before returning their hellish gaze to Alad.

Nae until ah have answers,” she snarled, her Irish accent thinking in response to her rage. “Wha’ di’ ya do ta ma armour?”

33 minutes ago, Spikey844 said:

Nae until ah have answers,” she snarled, her Irish accent thinking in response to her rage. “Wha’ di’ ya do ta ma armour?”

"T-the sample!" Alad answered in desparation, struggling for breath "I-I used the sample from L-lephantis, I thought it'd accelerate armour growth, the warframe wasn't finished!" if Annika's anger was searching for lies, she would find none so far "Ah! It mutated a-a little out of control... but the effects should only be possitive! I-I assure you!"

Hayden was staggered by Annika's feriocity, but not physically. He was a stone wall, second to the bullhead that is Dimitri. Like the angry woman, Hayden would like to have a sterm word with Vayenshki after this reveal, but with her too, and without anyone about to suffocate. "You got your answer. Unhand him." if it was not enough, he would reach out to put a hand on her shoulder, a reminder that they will take action should it become necessary. And if anyone's gonna get hurt, he'll take the hit.

Dmitri was still trying to seperate the two, his strength growing as he tries to push Annika away from Alad "Goddamnit! Stop acting like a crazy american cowboy!" he yelled, still trying to seperate a woman who could potentially liquify his brain.

Dmitri figured Hayden would want to take a blow if Annika started a fight but Dmitri was the Rhino, he had the iron skin on his side, it was his role to take any blow and bring back more...

33 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"T-the sample!" Alad answered in desparation, struggling for breath "I-I used the sample from L-lephantis, I thought it'd accelerate armour growth, the warframe wasn't finished!" if Annika's anger was searching for lies, she would find none so far "Ah! It mutated a-a little out of control... but the effects should only be possitive! I-I assure you!"

Hayden was staggered by Annika's feriocity, but not physically. He was a stone wall, second to the bullhead that is Dimitri. Like the angry woman, Hayden would like to have a sterm word with Vayenshki after this reveal, but with her too, and without anyone about to suffocate. "You got your answer. Unhand him." if it was not enough, he would reach out to put a hand on her shoulder, a reminder that they will take action should it become necessary. And if anyone's gonna get hurt, he'll take the hit.

30 minutes ago, Drakeardian said:

Dmitri was still trying to seperate the two, his strength growing as he tries to push Annika away from Alad "Goddamnit! Stop acting like a crazy american cowboy!" he yelled, still trying to seperate a woman who could potentially liquify his brain.

Dmitri figured Hayden would want to take a blow if Annika started a fight but Dmitri was the Rhino, he had the iron skin on his side, it was his role to take any blow and bring back more...

Annika may have been strengthened by the virus, but it was nothing compared to Dimitri. She finally released her grip on Alad, letting him drop to the floor.

It was a complete accident, of course, that her boot snapped up and caught him between the fork of his legs as he dropped.

Her face was still a rictus of anger as she stared at the scientist, but she didn't push it further. Dimitri was far tougher and stronger than she was, even out of armour. She closed her eyes, seemingly trying to force herself to calm down. When she finally opened them, they were not glowing. Barely.

"You will write a detailed report of precisely what you 'ave done to my armour," she said, her voice like arctic wind, "an' you will 'ave it sitting on table in the common room by 0600 tomorrow morning. Fail to do so, an' ah will rip you skull off your neck an' turn it into a tea cup. Understood?" She turned, not intending to wait for an answer, then paused when she saw everyone else in the room. She didn't move, just raised an eyebrow, daring anyone to say something.

Edited by Spikey844

"Nobody is ripping anyone's head off." Dmitri ordered calmly as he helped Alad keep upright with the boot to his nick-nacks as he stared down at Annika with a very assertive look. "This infighting will stop." he also ordered as he looked to Hayden to see what he had to say in this.

This was how good armies fall under their own weight. Though infighting.

2 hours ago, 404Cygni said:

While she barely dared to speak up, her voice barely in audible range, the Brit couldn't help but feel sick and tired of all of it. People kept dying. Lasria itself as dead, all that was left was a place where hope went to die. So why? Why couldn't things run right for once? Why couldn't they stop trying to kill eachother while the end of the world  kept unraveling? Could they really survive while spending more time fighting their own allies than solving the actually problems?

Sereena had turned around as she heard a soft voice speak up behind her. She stepped towards Jean and gently put a hand on her shoulder as she turned to look at Annika. 

4 minutes ago, Spikey844 said:

She turned, not intending to wait for an answer, then paused when she saw everyone else in the room. She didn't move, just raised an eyebrow, daring anyone to say something.

"Anyone willing to help calm Jean with me?" She asked while looking at Nyx, while the question was tossed in the air at no one in particular. Somewhere in the back of her mind she felt an approving chime from her brainmate. "Because in all honestly, you have terrified both me and her." She adds to it.

il y a 10 minutes, kyrozon a dit :

"Anyone willing to help calm Jean with me?" She asked while looking at Nyx, while the question was tossed in the air at no one in particular. Somewhere in the back of her mind she felt an approving chime from her brainmate. "Because in all honestly, you have terrified both me and her." She adds to it.

I didn't say a word seeing the three military people handling the problem between themselves. On the contrary of Sereena and Jean I am not terrified, it was always obvious Annika is not someone you want angry at you, but I had underestimated how far she could go. 

I join Sereena as she is asking for help, I gently place my hand on hers. "Come on let's move from here, it'll be better to change room." I give her a reassuring smile tugging at her hand for us to move. "Come with us Jean, you need a change of air too." I have nothing more  compared to the two of them, aside from maybe the fact I had foreseen something like this could happen, and it is a good time to use the calm I can have in tensed moments like this, to try and ease them both. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-07 at 7:11 PM, Spikey844 said:

She finally released her grip on Alad, letting him drop to the floor.

It was a complete accident, of course, that her boot snapped up and caught him between the fork of his legs as he dropped.She turned, not intending to wait for an answer, then paused when she saw everyone else in the room. She didn't move, just raised an eyebrow, daring anyone to say something.

Another "accidental" injury... the scientist is starting to think he may ne doing something wrong... but the pain got in the way of his focus.

"I promise I will satisfy the conditions of your request."

He said, in a voice comparable to a squeaky toy. Looks like he'll need a minute or two...

On 2018-07-07 at 7:15 PM, kyrozon said:

On 2018-07-07 at 7:31 PM, Cyriann said:

I join Sereena as she is asking for help, I gently place my hand on hers. "Come on let's move from here, it'll be better to change room." I give her a reassuring smile tugging at her hand for us to move. "Come with us Jean, you need a change of air too."

"Wait."

Hayden, like Dimitri, took the dare and spoke up. But they didn't just need words, but a solution.

"I think we could all use a distraction. And a reminder why we need to work together, even if our allies are... less than favorable."

Alad perked up at that, but didn't dare say anything.

"Everyone into the CIC, let's see what we have learned about the plane and how we prepared. I'll get Ryder on the line."

On 2018-07-07 at 6:15 PM, kyrozon said:

Sereena had turned around as she heard a soft voice speak up behind her. She stepped towards Jean and gently put a hand on her shoulder as she turned to look at Annika. 

Annika's rage went flat at Sereena's words, at seeing poor Jean quivering there. She'd terrified the woman with her complete loss of control, and her stomach twisted a little as she observed the aftermath. To see someone, cowering before her unjust rage?

That struck a little too close to home.

An icy sick feeling slithered through her insides.

14 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Another "accidental" injury... the scientist is starting to think he may ne doing something wrong... but the pain got in the way of his focus.

"I promise I will satisfy the conditions of your request."

He said, in a voice comparable to a squeaky toy. Looks like he'll need a minute or two...

"Wait."

Hayden, like Dimitri, took the dare and spoke up. But they didn't just need words, but a solution.

"I think we could all use a distraction. And a reminder why we need to work together, even if our allies are... less than favorable."

Alad perked up at that, but didn't dare say anything.

"Everyone into the CIC, let's see what we have learned about the plane and how we prepared. I'll get Ryder on the line."

She was almost thankful for Hayden's ordering them to the CIC. She needed to regain her control completely, and it wasn't something she'd be able to do in the armoury. Or more accurately, around Alad. She didn't say anything, just let her feet carry her through, slipping around the others to do so and dodging any arms that might try and grab her. Once inside, she took up a position against one wall, half in shadow. Eyes shut leaning back, she drew her power inwards, beginning to rebuild the walls around her mind, reforging them into a cohesive whole once more.

Wouldn't do for her emotions to spill out and affect others.

On 2018-07-06 at 11:36 PM, Denny2669 said:

The second the whistle reached their ears, they looked at eachother before turning around, weapons drawn at Tara. A couple seconds later, they sighed and the firearms were lowered.

"Jesus... don't sneak up on people like that. We could've blasted you off like those muties..." said one of them. They both were wearing bandanas over their mouths, and one had sunglasses masking the rest of his facial features.
"Yeah, thanks for the offer, but... this is our haul, so we ain't sharing." spoke the other "Finders keepers n' all. So, you can... run along now..."

Upon closer inspection, they had pretty good break-in equipment. Unfortunately, it was clearly not enough to get through the security measures, but they're trying anyway. Typical Lasrian determination. Bulls that find breaking through a wall much more tempting than simply going around it. 

"You guys really look like you need the help. Don't worry, I'm a lot stronger than I look." said Tara, looking at the locked store's security features for any exploitable flaws that she might be able to exploit using her enhanced strength."Failing that, I've got experience."

She's had previous experience breaking into storefronts in her line of work as a freelance mercenary before, having pulled a heist or two in her line of work for the right price and the right people... but that was then and with proper, specialized equipment that she had to procure and even then, it was just vices and drills to mount on door locks and electrical jammers. None of which are things that she's got on her person.

4 hours ago, MetroFallout said:

"You guys really look like you need the help. Don't worry, I'm a lot stronger than I look." said Tara, looking at the locked store's security features for any exploitable flaws that she might be able to exploit using her enhanced strength."Failing that, I've got experience."

"Lady, you got a death wish or something?" asked one of the two guys. They didn't approve of her help, but didn't seem to be stopping her anyway. They were just confused by her willingness to help, it seems such cooperation between strangers is rather uncommon.

The shutter had little flaws, and the ones there were couldn't be exploited with the equipment at hand. Even a criminal mastermind would need more than some drills and hammers.

"Seriously. If we were bandits, or any of these military folk, we wouldn't be this chatty-"

An interruption tore the words from the rest of his sentence. Weapons raised, the looked back to the way Tara came, the source of the noise that triggered their paranoid minds.

9 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Lady, you got a death wish or something?" asked one of the two guys. They didn't approve of her help, but didn't seem to be stopping her anyway. They were just confused by her willingness to help, it seems such cooperation between strangers is rather uncommon.

The shutter had little flaws, and the ones there were couldn't be exploited with the equipment at hand. Even a criminal mastermind would need more than some drills and hammers.

"Seriously. If we were bandits, or any of these military folk, we wouldn't be this chatty-"

An interruption tore the words from the rest of his sentence. Weapons raised, the looked back to the way Tara came, the source of the noise that triggered their paranoid minds.

"Well I appreciate you not shooting at me but I-" started Tara before the interruption cut what she wanted to say short.

The interruption came in the form of static from the long-thought-dead speakers of the mall coming to life followed by silence and the sound of a cassette tape being placed into a cassette player.

"...What the f*ck?" thought Tara out loud, her brows furrowing before chills started running down her back when she recognised the song as one of The Police's most famous songs.

Edited by MetroFallout

9 minutes ago, MetroFallout said:

"Well I appreciate you not shooting at me but I-" started Tara before the interruption cut what she wanted to say short.

The interruption came in the form of static from the long-thought-dead speakers of the mall coming to life followed by silence and the sound of a cassette tape being placed into a cassette player.

"...What the f*ck?" thought Tara out loud, her brows furrowing before chills started running down her back when she recognised the song as one of The Police's most famous song.

Reveal hidden contents

If there were hairs springing up on the neck of the superhuman Tenno, then it was safe to assume the strangers' pants became a little heavier. One didn't seem so impressed though. "Seem" being the keyword.

"Is someone f**king with us? They better cut it out..."

"I-I-I dunno man... maybe we should leave the stuff to the ghosts..."

His partner faced him, anger in his eyes. "You nuts?! I ain't leaving this haul, and now that that lady is in on it, it's now or never! So stop being such a pus-"

And another interruption, this time something more familiar, but arguably worse. The howls of infected.

"... run!"

Into the opposite direction the two men ran, not even thinking about picking their equipment back up. They gave a look to Tara as they ran. "What are you waiting for? Come on!"

Jean nodded, hesitating. It wasn't fear so much as worry. When they had met, Annika had seemed professional. In control. It seemed quite out of character for her to explode in such a fashion. Could the virus still be affecting them, in a more insidious fashion? Slowly changing them, shaping them from the inside after they managed to resist the primo-infection? Could she still turn feral, no better than the monsters she fought, like her old nightmares used to show her?

She felt a panel of sensations,real yet disconnected from reality. A few notes from a lullaby. A warmth entouring her like a coat. A fantom presence like a hand in hers. Emet's work, a communication finer than words. They were right. It would be okay.

"I-I'll be fine. I'm sorry."

She joined the group on their way to the CIC.

Edited by 404Cygni

As Jean leaves us I sigh. "She certainly is the most sensitive of us... We really need everyone to even things out on some aspects." I then turn to Alad. "Next you plan on making even small changes, I think asking the one concerned to be there will be better, that'll avoid you receiving another hit like that." I then take Sereena's hand and move toward the CIC.

On 2018-07-17 at 5:46 AM, Denny2669 said:

If there were hairs springing up on the neck of the superhuman Tenno, then it was safe to assume the strangers' pants became a little heavier. One didn't seem so impressed though. "Seem" being the keyword.

"Is someone f**king with us? They better cut it out..."

"I-I-I dunno man... maybe we should leave the stuff to the ghosts..."

His partner faced him, anger in his eyes. "You nuts?! I ain't leaving this haul, and now that that lady is in on it, it's now or never! So stop being such a pus-"

And another interruption, this time something more familiar, but arguably worse. The howls of infected.

"... run!"

Into the opposite direction the two men ran, not even thinking about picking their equipment back up. They gave a look to Tara as they ran. "What are you waiting for? Come on!"

"If you run, you'll just die tired." said Tara, drawing a line on the rubble strewn floor with the toe of her boot and standing her ground. "I prefer killing them, watch."

Spreading her arms out and drawing her converted Technocyte Beretta 93Rs from thin air, the scavengers can definitely tell that Tara's not what she seems... that something's different about her compared with a normal human being.

Right on cue came the infected as they barrelled out from around the corner, their maws slick with drool. There were quite a few of them, the darkness made it difficult to discern how many precisely for the scavengers but Tara could see them rather easily.

Raising her right arm, she lazily aimed the handgun and fired a trio of shots that tore the lead infected's head off and caused it to stumble forward into the ground. As more of them approached, she brought her second handgun to bear and let loose a barrage of rapidly fired shots that depleted the 20+1 magazine of each gun.

With the first group of infected dealt with, she turned to face the scavengers after reloading.

"Pick up your gear if you're leaving, I'll escort you." she said, nodding at the gear. "Otherwise... I'll see if I can help open the shutters up with my guns and then cover us while you two loot the place. I'm expecting my share of the stuff if you do."

Edited by MetroFallout

On 2018-07-18 at 11:30 PM, Cyriann said:

As Jean leaves us I sigh. "She certainly is the most sensitive of us... We really need everyone to even things out on some aspects." I then turn to Alad. "Next you plan on making even small changes, I think asking the one concerned to be there will be better, that'll avoid you receiving another hit like that." I then take Sereena's hand and move toward the CIC.

Sereena followed after Cyriann, having remained quiet as he addressed Alad. "Does seem like Hayden does want to talk about those aspects.I hope at least." 

Il y a 2 heures, kyrozon a dit :

Sereena followed after Cyriann, having remained quiet as he addressed Alad. "Does seem like Hayden does want to talk about those aspects.I hope at least." 

I simply nod to what she hopes, as we both take our seats in the CIC and wait for Hayden to speak 

Dmitri proceeded back to the CIC to sit down at, dusting his hands off after he put Alad down. He rubbed his brow and his eyes before he sat down at one of the chairs.

Hayden was right about one thing. Temper's were frayed and Annika getting her suit infected wasn't a good way to have it explode, especially with the one who could control minds in the first place. Getting out and doing some stuff would help them all get their minds back into the game.

On 2018-07-21 at 10:48 AM, MetroFallout said:

"Pick up your gear if you're leaving, I'll escort you." she said, nodding at the gear. "Otherwise... I'll see if I can help open the shutters up with my guns and then cover us while you two loot the place. I'm expecting my share of the stuff if you do."

"Jesus, that chick's crazy!"

"She does have a point though, we staying?"

For a split second, the two scavengers mentally debated this question, before the rushed back to Tara's aid. In front of the locked store they set up a firing line, mowing down any following waves of infected, which were slightly increasing in number, but the howls are growing less distant. There's not many more left.

On 2018-07-18 at 11:30 PM, Cyriann said:

I then turn to Alad. "Next you plan on making even small changes, I think asking the one concerned to be there will be better, that'll avoid you receiving another hit like that." I then take Sereena's hand and move toward the CIC.

Alad scoofed "Yes, I learned my lesson, leave me be now..." clearly irritated, he wanted to be alone to start writing that report.

Not too long after, Hammond climbed down from the entry hatch. He stank of cigarette smoke, again. He noticed the odd commotion in the room which wasn't there before.

"Um... did I miss anything?"

--- The CIC ---

With everyone present, Hayden once again started briefing like they did a couple hours ago.

"I hope you have all been trying to gather information and resources for our mission. Whatever you've found out, share it now, no matter how trivial the intel. Once we know enough, we'll discuss our approach."

There was a satellite image of Lasria's capital Larunda on the big wall screen. It seems he prepared it so they could quickly pinpoint areas of interest. However, it was an image of Lasria pre-outbreak, not entirely accurate to the wasteland it is now.

On 2018-07-31 at 1:52 AM, Denny2669 said:

"Jesus, that chick's crazy!"

"She does have a point though, we staying?"

For a split second, the two scavengers mentally debated this question, before the rushed back to Tara's aid. In front of the locked store they set up a firing line, mowing down any following waves of infected, which were slightly increasing in number, but the howls are growing less distant. There's not many more left.

There really wasn't a need for the two scavengers to actually set up a firing line as Tara was more than enough to take care of the infected, as such she was confused when the two just joined her with their Kalashnikov and Tekna instead. While the two of them did get a couple of them, the lion's share of kills went to Tara and if the two paid attention to her while she shot and reloaded, they would realise that the way she reloaded was highly unorthodox in that she was literally tearing bits and pieces of herself off to feed her guns and regenerating from her self-inflicted wounds rather quickly.

"That's all of them for now I guess. Pick up your gear and get going, I'll cover you." she said to the scavengers after dispatching the waves of infected.

On 2018-07-30 at 7:52 PM, Denny2669 said:

With everyone present, Hayden once again started briefing like they did a couple hours ago.

"I hope you have all been trying to gather information and resources for our mission. Whatever you've found out, share it now, no matter how trivial the intel. Once we know enough, we'll discuss our approach."

There was a satellite image of Lasria's capital Larunda on the big wall screen. It seems he prepared it so they could quickly pinpoint areas of interest. However, it was an image of Lasria pre-outbreak, not entirely accurate to the wasteland it is now.

The briefing took a while. 10 minutes? An hour? Nobody was paying attention to time, only the information shared.

The plane will arrive in 3 days at 7AM in the morning, and depart in the evening at 5PM at the national Larunda airport, leaving them a 10 hour window of opportunity, in broad daylight. Looking at the satelite images of the airport pre-outbreak, it was massive, and if it's still under military control then it must be quite heavily fortified. A fence surrounding the whole site, and not many tall buildings surrounding it. Difficult to approach unnoticed, especially during day. It may look differently after the outbreak, but it's clearly a high priority area. Busting in would be possible with the Tenno's combined efforts, but they'd need to prepare accordingly and spend a lot of resources. If they were to sneak in however, they know a location of a warehouse containing cargo meant to be shipped to the airport that day for that plane. Careful planning could get a handfull of Tenno through unnoticed, but with it's own set of high risks. Additional assitance could be gathered at the cost of more resources, should the Tenno wish it. The hackers of Cipher Eye, the dealers of the Black Market and others may lend a hand for a price.

They cannot forget their main objective however. Get to the plane's cargo, find out what Anyo plans to do with the Tenno, and either recover or destroy it.

"So, how are we going to approach this?" Hayden asked "Loud, or quiet?"

On 2018-08-06 at 6:02 AM, MetroFallout said:

"That's all of them for now I guess. Pick up your gear and get going, I'll cover you." she said to the scavengers after dispatching the waves of infected.

The two scavs didn't really notice Tara's peculiar ammo reserves, the public seem really concerned when infected are on the scene, so much so that they don't notice the ones standing beside them. The infected were almost dealth with when the sound of firearms multiplied several times, infected being lit up from behind by bullets alike. Not just bullets however, even bright flashes of light seemed to tear through the scraps of the horde.

"Jesus, not these guys!" cursed one of the scavs.

As the last were eliminated, from the corner emerged someone in blue plated armour, followed by a team of 4 similarly outfitted men, carrying high end gear of almost exotic quality, rifles that don't even quite seem like they shoot bullets. They were accompanied by two bipedal robots carrying large amounts of loot and salvage. Their insignia was the same as what Annika saw on the people entering the capital, no doubt the same syndicate. They seemed to be a main scavengers of the area, approaching Tara and the two scavs, weapons pointed down once they cleared the vicinity of hostiles. Better hide those wounds.

"Out of all the damn times, of all the damn places..." the one on Tara's left kept cursing, weapon pointed down as well. They don't appear to be enemies, but doesn't seem their fond of eachother either.