Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wedgehead Excalibur Helmet: Arturius (Now On Steam Workshop)

Syncrasis

tumblr_nylp9qLMHz1qdt0m6o1_r1_1280.jpg

ARTURIUS: This is the kind of cutting-edge design that will never get dull. Looking sharp, Tenno!

tumblr_nylp9qLMHz1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nylp9qLMHz1qdt0m6o3_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nylp9qLMHz1qdt0m6o4_r1_1280.jpg

INKARY DREW ME A FANARTS

tumblr_nymu817IuZ1rvk550o1_1280.jpg

Look how nice that color scheme looks too * u *

Now available for voting on the Steam Workshop! 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=564035039

Process images:

tumblr_ny1e8ugoK11qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ny1e8ugoK11qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

4zs2l6ep4e95.jpg

I started working on Wedgehead today. 

It's an axe-calibur helmet

heh

heh hehhehehhhh

tumblr_ny3xgpK3l11qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Very WIP color test

tumblr_ny5rx7OAdK1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Paintover for a new version

tumblr_ny9d32sh8f1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Progress!

tumblr_nyf4t9HqFV1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Lowpoly finished, moving on to tintmask etc. next

tumblr_nyh2nvl6Ep1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Test of tintmasks, check thread for more variants

Edited by Syncrasis

Looks like a zephyr helmet, no way to put this on my excal.

None of all excal helmets i've seen have the spirit of the alternate helmets who already exist 

Maybe Tennogen is not a good idea after all...

Maybe Tennogen is just not for you... lol

More on topic with how it looks similar to Zephyr: I can see what you're saying about the streamlined flow of the design. I've also had it compared to Ember, because of the layering effect I think? But it really comes down to personal taste whether you like that style or not on Excal. Either way, thanks for your feedback! I'm not going to be redoing any of this model but I'll probably be making more helmets after this because they're fun

Looks like a zephyr helmet, no way to put this on my excal.

None of all excal helmets i've seen have the spirit of the alternate helmets who already exist 

Maybe Tennogen is not a good idea after all...

UH OH long pointy ends - must be zephyr!

You sound prejudiced af, and I bet if this design was coming straight from DE your attitude would be the opposite. My dear founder of the game.

I enjoy looking at all excalibur designs here, as the excalibur is my fav warframe. It is wonderful to see your particular contribution *-*

For my particular taste I'd extend the chin part and "eyes" part, but then *looks at mordred avatar* I guess this would repeat the existing concept.

I'm looking forward for your other helmet models, Syncrasis :D pls keep doing what you do \o/

can we see how it colors?

Sync... pls.

stop. ;;

This is my favorite Excalibur helmet EVER. It's got the cool wing like shapes on the side, an awesome horn that reminds me of Seregios.

BUT WHERE DOES IT GLOW

I MUST KNOW WHERE THE GLOWY PARTS ARE

Omgoshhh you guysssss!! <3

I'm working on it some more right now, I'm actually only about  7 hours in so I didn't polypaint anything yet. I'll put an update here once I smear some color on and separate parts out. 

Plan is to have areas in "cracks" glow! I haven't sculpted many of those in yet, hopefully I'll have something to show before I go to bed tonight at like 909325 o'clock lol

Omgoshhh you guysssss!! <3

I'm working on it some more right now, I'm actually only about  7 hours in so I didn't polypaint anything yet. I'll put an update here once I smear some color on and separate parts out. 

Plan is to have areas in "cracks" glow! I haven't sculpted many of those in yet, hopefully I'll have something to show before I go to bed tonight at like 909325 o'clock lol

Pls for the love of Booben get this into the workshop

Quick and dirty brainstorming on this guy. A bit too broken up, will be looking at the flow of colors tomorrow. Hoping to get my final pass done too, i didn't have much time to work on it today haha

You guys are awesome * - *

Edited by Syncrasis

Quick and dirty brainstorming on this guy. A bit too broken up, will be looking at the flow of colors tomorrow. Hoping to get my final pass done too, i didn't have much time to work on it today haha

You guys are awesome * - *

Hmm like could you use Excalibur's color as a default color scheme instead? If this goes into the game I wanna know which tint affects him *w*