Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Had Some Fun Pretending To Be A Noob

Ayzurea

As there was a lot of anti noob hate topics in the last week. So I bought a Braton, Lato, and Skana. Then used my volt as it's "decent" and more to a stereotypical noob uses.

Then played some Earth and Venus missions.

The first game I was paired with a MR 2 player on Earth and he something like: what kinda of weirdo dresses up like me.

(Yup he called me weird T.T )

Some games later some guy(MR 7) looked at my character saw the skana and the braton and said something like: another noob in an excavation. I wish the noobs will just go off and play some other game. (Ouch, but I waited till one opened the esc menu to see me.) One eventually did open up the menu and then said something like: o **** that noob is twice us and did more kills than us. (For some reason they were doing 1 excavator at a time..... all 3 of them.) The rudest guy just left the match. The other two just apologized and begs me for not to report them. (What I should've did then was to use the same logic on them and say "man I wish these noobs and point at them would learn to play fairly.") But I only said to them: be nicer, you were once a noob too.

But the surprising or unsurprising part was that they were on Earth. But most other matches was me getting paired up with a new person.

--------

I was going to post screenshots but found out me spamming printscrn does nothing.... what is the screenshot key =/ I heard from somebody its F6 but that does nothing too. =[

Yeah nothing is in my folder.

I'm semi running through steam as I launch the launcher through steam but it's a great mess as if I try to launch it the normal way through steam it crashes on verifying. So steam pictures doesn't work.

--------

The braton isn't bad of a gun. I already taken that to the void and Draco on accident because I forgot to unequip that. But with SChamber, Serra, Shred, Speed Trig, Ammo Mut. All enemies will just melt but your ammo melts too though.

using Alt Printscreen should save the active window screenshot to your Pictures folder...

I actually like to occasinally deck myself out in a lot of my high-level/Prime gear and run Mercury to help out some noobs and show them what they can end up doing with some dedication. then take em to a planet boss so they can farm up their preferred frame ^^

I'm probably one of few people out there that loves to meet players that are new to the game. I remember when I was new to the game and didn't know how the hell to progress back then. I was really a casual player back then. Then I met a few couple of friendly players who helped me understand a lot about the game and now I'm here sitting at MR 20 better than them.

I don't want to be this guy, but I guess I don't really follow, which goes to say I don't believe you given the details. From the way you are speaking, it sounds like you are an experienced player, which would lead me to believe you have a MR of some value. You say you bought starter gear to appear noobish, however your MR would remain the same. I can't believe a player can find the stats menu mid-mission, but can't see your MR and know whats going on.

Also anyone being rude is highly unlikely to apologize just because they realize you aren't as low-tier as you appear. And especially not beg to not be reported. I'm sorry, but the toxic community (the ones toxic enough to be that rude to noobies) aren't going to be scared of a report.

I don't know, I'm sure I'm being a bit of a d*ck, but honestly it just seems like you are putting on airs, trying to be all 'muahahaha I tricked these guys look at me!'

*shrug* in the end its not my business and I apologize for possibly raining on parades, no offense intended. Twas just my 2 cents. 

I got called a noob for using unranked gear on Sechura, from a Rhino Prime who had full ranked gear and was just spamming iron skin.

i always see them

i dont comeback but when i do.

i say *plz stahp rino priem wit ion skeen*

(great english for me!)

Pretending? Despite being Mr17 I am the noob, everywhere and always. 

no but really my favorite loadout is an Mk-1 Braton, Lato/ Aklato, and Prisma Skana on an Excal that has no Health/Shield mods. I mean yeah, my strategy often involves "if you can't shoot it to death, melee it to death, and if you can't melee it to death, EB it to death", but hell if I'm not having fun while doing so. 

Nobody thinks I am a newbie when I walk around with an MR21 sticking at my name....

Then again my Braton has an IAHgames skin by default. 

So they know imma freaking old.

Too bad I missed out on the Rixty Aklato.

That would have being awesome.

Edited by fatpig84

Way back when Oberon was reworked, I decided to drop 5 Forma on him so I could equip all the max-rank mods I wanted. I was doing 10 waves on Sechura to re-level him quickly, and on the final Forma a Rhino Prime with a Boltor Prime joined the squad and started abusing me for bringing a Frame that was so weak. I tried to explain the rework to him, but he instead insisted I should have bought something more powerful since Sechura was only for high-level players and Frames, and that thinking Oberon was any good proved I was a total noob.

He had some nice parting words about me being a kill-stealing so-and-so in the after-mission stats screen because I had lead the kills stat considerably and he felt he had done more work than my Oberon power usage and Penta, and that I was a wimpy coward* for having so little damage taken, a feat I'd managed by not charging into large groups of Infested with Iron Skin on, not paying attention to what was happening, and getting downed every minute or so like him.

He was sorted into the squad I was part of for my next Sechura run, had another go at me, told the other two players (my Clanmates, also ranking their gear up) that I was a useless leeching noob* and then aborted.

This inspired me to embark on Operation Troll. I now have a 6-Forma Excalibur, who's equipped with a 7-Forma Mk-1 Braton, a 7-Forma Lato, a 2-Forma Skana, and a 5-Forma Wyrm with a 7-Forma Laser Rifle. I use this loadout a lot for Nightmare or otherwise high-level Alerts, or if I get bored using other Frames and weapons. Everything is left in default colours and my Syndicate sigils are hidden in the roughly textured part of Excalibur's back,  but I do use the Arcane Pendragon helm for its power strength bonus.

I find it vastly amusing to tell people to press Z when they question my presence in their mission.

Maybe that's just me, though.

*Censoring a lot here.

I don't want to be this guy, but I guess I don't really follow, which goes to say I don't believe you given the details. From the way you are speaking, it sounds like you are an experienced player, which would lead me to believe you have a MR of some value. You say you bought starter gear to appear noobish, however your MR would remain the same. I can't believe a player can find the stats menu mid-mission, but can't see your MR and know whats going on.

Also anyone being rude is highly unlikely to apologize just because they realize you aren't as low-tier as you appear. And especially not beg to not be reported. I'm sorry, but the toxic community (the ones toxic enough to be that rude to noobies) aren't going to be scared of a report.

I don't know, I'm sure I'm being a bit of a d*ck, but honestly it just seems like you are putting on airs, trying to be all 'muahahaha I tricked these guys look at me!'

*shrug* in the end its not my business and I apologize for possibly raining on parades, no offense intended. Twas just my 2 cents. 

Well I only said 2 games because of those two was the most memorable and funny. The others was complete utter disaster. You need to find the correct people for this to work. Who it works for:

- People with too damn high ego thinking they are king of the world.

- People who are already sort of struggling in the mission

- People who don't know the Z key exists

Many games ended with: "Why are you using a braton? Get a real gun like X"

But for the past few days I would call this idea a failure as I didn't get enough reaction then again I only started this Monday and Monday and Tuesday are weekdays. Maybe weekends will differ.

Also checking the levels in an Exterminate or Excavation where you are struggling yourself you can't have the time to check who is the person just joined and you just look at the guy. Oh does he have a Soma Prime/Boltor Prime or does he have Braton? Does he look like a noob or is he playing decently? Can he bullet jump or is he just walking?

I walk and walked into walls. I shot and sprayed in the general direction of the enemy. 

Now how to make people apologize make them eat their words. Doesn't work all the time though, 2 games it did nothing.

My post would've been much less entertaining if I posted all my failures. As half of them called me a weirdo.

More people need to do that tbh. I do it frequently as well although I've forma'ed my Braton, Lato and Skana. Switch back to the default color and skin for my Excalibro and just go ham in PUGs. That's pretty much the only times I ever play with randoms; the interactions and responses I get when people see my gear is always a joy to see. Most of them are just rude jerks that farmed mastery ranks on Draco thinking that just because they had powerful weapons they were the 'best'. While they are extremely rare, I do get randoms who are really nice and will try to help 'carry' me through the missions. But that's when I just let them know that I'm doing this for sh!ts and giggles.

Honestly, I really don't mind what you use or what rank you are as long as you don't royally screw up in a mission or if you're willing to follow instructions. I'm really annoyed by people who just charge in Leeroy Jenkins style and trigger every alarm in a spy mission or run off with the thingy to plug into the mobile defense thingy.