Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To Use Same Mod On 2 Weapons...

ZiKi1705

Funny. Iv got two Maxed prime point blank for myself and my sweeper prime. If you really are at the level of prime mods, you shouldn't be complaining too much about credit costs. And you can easily burn duplicate mods to rank up before going to cores. Just saying.

The current system makes sense. When you have a main weapon, and a 2nd are weapon, you can't use the same Lazer sight on both of them. You need to pick one, unless you have 2 laser sights. And if you switch primary weapons, you can take the laser sight and all other mods and put on the new weapon.

The current system makes sense from a logical point. Weather you like it or not is a different story.

Or you could get good and rank all your stuff using excess mods from all missions and play enough higher level missions that reward enough credits to not be broke.

You're not transmuting all your credits away are you?

What, you want ranking mods to be free? Do mechanics upgrade your vehicle for free? Do you get a sandwich upgraded to a large combo with fries and drink free?

To confuse real life situation with game design choices.

That´s how it starts son.

What, you want ranking mods to be free? Do mechanics upgrade your vehicle for free? Do you get a sandwich upgraded to a large combo with fries and drink free?

Trying to suppress feedback with this bullS#&$ "entitlement" argument is counter productive to the long term health of the game. Warframe is also not a job or real life. Stop pretending it is.

video of using pressure points and getting the 'on mios' message,  showing duplicates can be equipped

and as for the 'do you get stuff in real life free?' debate,  you have to work for what you want period. its not just going to be handed over to you. if you want your sentinel weapon maxed out, then max out the mods for it or use unlike types (i.e. pistol/shotty, shotty/rifle, rifle/pistol) 

Or you could get good and rank all your stuff using excess mods from all missions and play enough higher level missions that reward enough credits to not be broke.

You're not transmuting all your credits away are you?

Of course, I am bad at this game and instead of farming hundreds of fusion cores and credits I should have farmed hundreds of duplicates and credits!

How could I be so blind? We should also be able to pay for our liset's fuel. Realism is always the answer for good game design, duh.

You can argue that the game is like real life. But using real life logic to a a game and it´s game design decisions is in my opinion flawed. And i would like that you stop using this "period" crap like your opinion is the consensus of everyone.

im not here to please you with my posts. if you feel like your 'opinion' is being considered flawed that is a personal issue that i think you need to work out with yourself. 

simply put youve got to work for it if you want it as is with much of the game, and that it isnt just handed to you gift wrapped IMO isnt a good enough reason to call something bad game design. i suppose you think its perfect game design that we can use one mod on many guns? at least you have that right? that you can use that maxed serration on any primary (since youre not carrying two primaries at once that is!)

Of course, I am bad at this game and instead of farming hundreds of fusion cores and credits I should have farmed hundreds of duplicates and credits!

How could I be so blind? We should also be able to pay for our liset's fuel. Realism is always the answer for good game design, duh.

youre over reacting. 

just playing the game is enough to obtain mods to rank mods on excess mods collected. just playing the game is enough to get credits to rank mods up with excess mods collected.

Hell, you could even run cap missions in the void and maximize your investment over time spent by getting primed parts to sell while farming credits. and with said parts you can either get ducats, or trade out for plat to buy a credit booster to make your time spent running any mission more efficient.

now as far as your supposed sarcasm about realism,

its the future, so why wouldnt they have engines that have cores that produce their own energy. fuel is likely a thing of the past probably only used in this universe by grineer for basic machines. and, if de wanted to go that route, id be fine with it (as long as we were actively flying our listets and had somewhere to park it when not flying). However, due to the habit of this company to use good game design, you can rerun just about anything any number of times. theyre not gating mission access with fuel. in fact the only area that any sort of upkeep exists are kubrows which becomes irrelevant when you have the genetic foundry upgrade. i dont see how you can bring up fuel as a potential justification for something that you are complaining about because you think its 'too hard'.

if everything was handed to you on a silver platter there would be little to no satisfaction in the game. 

simply assuming that one item should be used across multiple gear items just for the sake of convenience and slandering it as bad game design imo nullfies any future attempt at logic you may exhibit in the future. 

by that logic arcanes should be able to be installed on multiple items at the same time, kubrow and sentinel precepts should be able to be used across their categories, and every frame might as well have every other frames ability kits accessible. 

im sorry but anyone who plays regularly shouldnt have issues obtaining the credits or mods needed to rank up their stuff adequately. aside from that the whole rank ten costing as much as ranks 1-9 is enough to say you dont need to max out every single ten rank mod for that last 10-15%.

Funny. Iv got two Maxed prime point blank for myself and my sweeper prime. If you really are at the level of prime mods, you shouldn't be complaining too much about credit costs. And you can easily burn duplicate mods to rank up before going to cores. Just saying.

The current system makes sense. When you have a main weapon, and a 2nd are weapon, you can't use the same Lazer sight on both of them. You need to pick one, unless you have 2 laser sights. And if you switch primary weapons, you can take the laser sight and all other mods and put on the new weapon.

The current system makes sense from a logical point. Weather you like it or not is a different story.

this

thank you for the rational explanation. i think i was having trouble getting this across

What is stupid is there is a new buggy situation where even if you have a duplicate of the same mod it won't let you put it on... and will give you the error of "Already equipped on another item!" even though you literally have two different copies.

all i do is equip my sentinel weapons first since there is only one of each type. Then anytime i get an error, i switch out the mod on my primary instead. After a while it sorts itself out and you will rarely run into conflict. What happens is that if you try to use a mod on a sentinel weapon, the game will let you know.

the SIMPLEST solution to all this confusion is to label a mod when its used on a sentinel weapon. just a little marker is all thats needed.

im not here to please you with my posts. if you feel like your 'opinion' is being considered flawed that is a personal issue that i think you need to work out with yourself. 

Not my opinion is considered flawed. I said yours is. And i don´t have problem with it i just wanted to help you to consider another opinion than yours. 

Sure we can say that it´s only logical and it should work like this. True. Thing is i believe the amount of people that would like to see this QOL change (besides we already had one with mods that you needed to manually put out and in into new weapons, no quick switching) is higher than the amount of people that care about realism in this case. It´s a game where you can bend rules like you want not a real life simulator.

edit: Just you know i have my mods doubled so i´m not speaking as someone that would need them.

Edited by VoidNomade

I feel like anyone with any disagreement with the logic behind it has to be spoiled rotten~

You can use one mod in two places just not at the same time.

Face Palm anyone?

i dont find logic to be a big factor is this game when it comes to modding.

but I dont get people that hate the grind in a game thats basically all about grind. I welcomed the excuse to fully rank another set of mods. It gives me something to do while i play the same exact content over and over and over for 1000s of hours.

Maxing 2 serrations is bad enough but 2 primed point blanks is stretching it. Like other posters, I switch sentinals when I want to use a shotty.

But the system does make sense, mods are components, they cannot be fitted to both your sentinal and your rifle at the same time.

Then don't max them, my Sweeper (now the only Sentinel gun i have left) uses the Normal Point Blank and my Shotguns get the Primed one, its still punchy as it needs to be. Then again i only have two Sentinels on hand, i used the rest and threw them out as pCarrier and Helios were all i needed to have.

The problem, as I encountered it anyway, with being unable to equip duplicates on a weapon depsite having two copies, lies in the three configurations. I had alternate builds on my sweeper, but because I was using different copies of point blank (unintended, but an easy mistake) across the configs the game would not let me install either copy on my hek. Stripping the point blanks from the b and c setups on my sweeper solved the problem, and then I was able to replace them with the same one that was slotted in config A. Sentinel weapon specific mods would solve this problem, but would also introduce a whole new set of things to grind for so it would have its downside as well. It would be nice if warframe didn't check for conflicts with unused configurations though.

It is intentional but why is it stupid or bad games design?

Why would you be able to use one mod in two different places at the same time?

You can use one mod in two different places at different times. 

So for example Serration can be used in either your primary if you don't have a rifle type sentinel weapon equipped or the other way round but you don't have to swap them out, but if you do try to use them at the same time then no you can't.

It's like saying I have two rifles and one barrel but I want to be able to use it on both simultaneously.

Good design would at least visually identify the mod is being used by another item at the same time. Personally I have two of pretty much every mod maxed out and I still get this dumb message all the time and have to auto resolve nearly every change. This is very annoying to say the least. We should be able to at least hide items used by our side kicks with a check box, or see some visual identifier.

Good design would at least visually identify the mod is being used by another item at the same time. Personally I have two of pretty much every mod maxed out and I still get this dumb message all the time and have to auto resolve nearly every change. This is very annoying to say the least. We should be able to at least hide items used by our side kicks with a check box, or see some visual identifier.

Agreed that it would be much better if mods already equipped were marked as such.

I get your point there but then again, you should not be able to put your awesome barrel into a gun, let it rot in whereever you're hiding it and then magically put it again in another weapon you are about to use. 

In other words if we go by logic, you should not be able to put serration in ALL of your primary weapons, only in 1 at time.

This is warframe, warframe has it's own logics and I must agree that this is just poop to not be able to use serration in sentinel and primary at once.

Funny you should mention that, but originally that is what you had to do with mods.

If you put a Serration on your Soma and wanted to switch to your Boltor you had to remove the mod from Soma then equip it onto the Boltor.

It was as annoying as it sounds.

On topic though:

IMO they just need a larger marker that tells you clearly "This is installed on your sentinal"

That's it.

Just something so that you can tell at a quick glance "Oh I have this mod installed in a sentinal weapon"