The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Barrel Rifle

nitaant

Speaking of multi-barrel rifles...it'd be nice to have a rifle that shoots a semi-auto heavy hitting bullet like the latron, but also has a shotgun secondary fire.

Such rifles have actually been developed in real life and I think most are treated as antiques nowadays.

Edited by Nighttide77

There's nothing redneck about double-barrel rifles, they are some the rarest and most expensive firearms around, and all the ones I've seen are basically too pretty to actually shoot.

As far as "But you already have Tigris",  Tigris is a shotgun, with pellet spread, and falloff over range.  A double rifle would have 2 shots, extreme damage, pinpoint accuracy, and no falloff.   Something along the lines of a Vectis Prime maybe, without scope and plus innate punchthrough.

wouldn't say no to more Firepower. something like the .700 Elephant Gun from Far Cry 4 would be pretty neat. I like the idea of that under/over Tigris skin too.

personally though, the next thing I would do regarding Double-barrels is give us AkTigris.  two sawn off Tigris Shotguns offering extreme close range damage!

Speaking of multi-barrel rifles...it'd be nice to have a rifle that shoots a semi-auto heavy hitting bullet like the latron, but also has a shotgun secondary fire.

Such rifles have actually been developed in real life and I think most are treated as antiques nowadays.

A shotgun with slugs as primary fire and shells as secondary.

Another cool throwback would be a fully automated machine rifle with a grenade launcher secondary. A "noob tube" if you will.

(anyone who gets what I mean without googling a cookie, everyone who thought to google without me mentioning it gets half a cookie)

Yeah...so many weapons we still have yet to see.

They don't really have to add new weapons. Sobek, Strun and Boar are extremely similar shotguns for example, let one of them have slugs as a secondary fire mode. Give another one a micro-pellet secondary fire mode (more pellets, wider spread, more damage and more fall of). Boom, all three very different.

What's the point of both Karak and Braton existing when they're just the same rifle but with slightly different stats? Give one of them a grenade launcher option. The grenade could function similarly to Quanta, costs x10 more ammo to fire and is a bomb.

I would very much like it if they added options to existing weapons over adding more weapons. We're already at 300+ weapons. The majority of them are nothing but mastery fodder, which is a great shame. They should all be worthy of consideration, not necessarily because they're great end game but because they all do something interesting and fun.