Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp] Atlas Is Horrible.

sappinmahsentry

Now, before you say "BUT ATLAS IS A TANK HE'S BALANCED" I'm gonna shut you down there. Wanna know why? Alright, a few reasons.

1. Tanks are mostly useless in high skill play.

2. If you wanna play a tank, use Ash Prime or Frost Prime. They have abilities that are actually worth something.

Maybe DE thinks his passive is a balancing point, but that's wrong. If you don't wanna get knocked down just dodge.

Now that that's out of the way let me tell you why he's bad. You see, Atlas in PvP has terrible abilities, his landslide is

worthless if your enemy is swinging a melee with momentum or dodging. His tectonics is just a worse snowglobe, and

even worse is that you can't shoot out of it. His Petrify is most likely the worst ability in PvP at the moment. It takes long

enough to petrify someone when you actually have the energy to do it, and they only get petrified for two seconds. About

one of those seconds taken up by human reaction time and Atlas's animation when you toggle off the skill. Finally, the

Rumblers are slow, squishy, and don't deal all that much damage. 

1. Landslide needs to be like a homing melee, maybe make its base damage 15, that way it'll be competitive when you press 1 three times instead of dealing 10 less damage than a Latron.

2. Tectonics just needs more health to make it worth casting.

3. I honestly don't know what to do with Petrify, if you make it have a half second petrify time it's gonna be "OP." But if you give him damage reduction on it, Petrify will either still be crud or be "OP" depending on how much you get. So honestly this ability seems to be doomed to death.

4. Why do Rumblers have 5 armor? Why do they have only 400 health when other frames have about that much EHP while being able to shoot, parkour, and dodge? Why do they move slower than a drunk snail? All of these need a fix, give the Rumblers Valkyr armor, give them 500 health. Make them a tad bit faster. That's all I ask, if you're gonna spend 100 energy on these guys they better be worth it.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

all of chroma is horrible, he only has 100 shields, and vex is rank 1, so you can only get a 25% armour boost, which does next to nothing without steel fiber or ice ward, and even then ice only gives 25% too

Edited by Thural

all of chroma is horrible, he only has 100 shields, and vex is rank 1, so you can only get a 25% armour boost, which does next to nothing without steel fiber or ice ward, and even then ice only gives 25% too

the what? unless vex was nerfed that thing reduces damage taken by over 90%

the what? unless vex was nerfed that thing reduces damage taken by over 90%

no, a fully ranked chroma's vex does, but in conclave, frames are unranked, remember?

a full vex provides x3.5 armour at max scorn, but an unranked vex provides x2, which you can't get up to by the time it wears off since you only have 100 shields and and 10 seconds, so you can only get x1.25

Landslide is NOT worthless. Unless your using that mod (forget the name) that prevents you from getting staggered many times in a row, Atlas can basically juggle you to death.

I dont think you can kill anything even with full energy, unless you are on everpower mod.

On a side note, Petrify is reaaaally good for team play, its a supportive frame for me in conclave.

I use him all the time in PVP and I might say I do quite well for myself.

Also his first ability isn't meant to kill anyone. I use it as a target lock. It pings me straight to you where I proceed to quick melee you or light you up. It's actually pretty effective.

Also he is quite tanky, as for his movement, you can alter that with the right mods.

Cheers

I use him all the time in PVP and I might say I do quite well for myself.

Also his first ability isn't meant to kill anyone. I use it as a target lock. It pings me straight to you where I proceed to quick melee you or light you up. It's actually pretty effective.

Also he is quite tanky, as for his movement, you can alter that with the right mods.

Cheers

Keep in mind that you're on a console, where nobody can use a mouse. 

@ Naftal and sappin - Yeah maybe it's because I'm using a controller and maybe the math doesn't add up but I'm just telling you from actual play experience. He is pretty good. I had a pretty poor KD ratio before I used him but I brought it all the way back up to almost 1:1 with him. Which isn't great I know, but if you knew where I was you'd be like that's really good. lol.

Before him I used Frost a bit, but he was too slow. I just couldn't function with him. And then I used Ash, and then I used Valkyr but they all netted me poor results in the conclave. But since I've been playing Atlas I've had very few games where I'm in the negative.

Now that could also be because I've played many more conclave games then when I started out playing those other frames so naturally you expect to get better but I still think he is a very reliable frame at least for me.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022