The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Best Weapon For Wukong?

Mucerp

Question

22 answers to this question

I'd say almost any staff/polearn. Best one, in my opinion and in terms of aesthetics, I'd say Orthos Prime. Maybe the Tipedo, I don't know. I don't have Wukong yet. Try doing just a bit of research and try something that goes with the flow of its history (I suppose Google Images work as research too)

obviously since it's affected by melee mods, you are better off using a melee that will benefit from the mods, as sticking crit mods on a normal dual kama wouldn't make much sense, and make the weapon less effective when your not using your primal fury. 

prisma dual cleavers work well, when your not using primal fury you can actually use them instead of the melee just being a husk for your mods. 

Does Wukong still have that "+25% Damage and Speed to Staves/Polearms" that was in the data a while back, or did DE just throw that in there to screw with dataminers?

If he still has that passive, then something like Orthos Prime is virtually a necessity. Not because he'll suck with other weapons or anything, but because it's already an absolutely horrifying weapon and the passive would make it even better.

Does Wukong still have that "+25% Damage and Speed to Staves/Polearms" that was in the data a while back, or did DE just throw that in there to screw with dataminers?

If he still has that passive, then something like Orthos Prime is virtually a necessity. Not because he'll suck with other weapons or anything, but because it's already an absolutely horrifying weapon and the passive would make it even better.

Hmmmm, there may be something to that. I've been using a Bo Prime with Spoiled Strike and Fury, so only +10% speed in total. It's far quicker than I would expect it to be.

I'd say Bo P mainly because it's a good speed weapon without the need a fury/berserker letting you be able to pull off his combos more often. Also it's the only dmg type with a primed dmg mod.

So I use this http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Bo_prime/t_30_420000006_240-4-3-241-2-5-247-3-5-251-7-5-310-8-3-321-0-0-486-6-10-488-1-10-531-5-5_321-2-488-7-241-11-247-9-240-7-531-11-486-12-251-11-310-10/en/4-0-58

This keep the dmg at the highest possible and lets me have a bit of health regen with the life strike. It's worked very well for me so far. Im not 100% sure but I think the exact same built on a Furax would be better for Wukong right now in terms of speed. Dmg is determined by the mods and not the weapon so atk speed is all you really need to look at.

His passive is increased melee multiplier timer and it was confirmed by DERebecca.

Edited by rawr1254

Tested the day he was released, there's no passives for staves/poles.

Right now the best weapons are ones with syndicate damage mods (skana, jaw sword, and dual cleavers), because those affect his powers similar to how they work on Excalibur and Valkyr.

Yeah, similar to Excal and Valkyr, those mods do nothing at all while using your ulti melee.

Edited by Naftal

Right now the best weapons are ones with syndicate damage mods (skana, jaw sword, and dual cleavers), because those affect his powers similar to how they work on Excalibur and Valkyr.

First of all, ^ this has been nerfed right away. Excalibur nor Valkyr benefitting from Syndicate mods. I highly doubt that Wukong is an exception.

Secondly, weapon does matter on Wukong. Bo Primes impact gets synergized, which means, your PF will cause mainly or frequently Impact Procs, while using an Orthos Prime, which is recommended for Orokin, will cause the slash. And range, compared to Bo, has an effect to the weapon (needs to be confirmed, kinda unable really testing and rating this point). But as I said, skins, weapon specific Aug mods and so on won't work!

If you use the Ninkondi (that have base electric damage) and put a toxic damage mod on it to change the damage to corrosive; does the corrosive damage apply to primal fury? or would it just be the toxic damage because the electric damage comes from the weapon itself.