The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Friend And I Have 1,000 Hours Combined And Still Don't Know What To Do To Enjoy The Game.

Yz-Prime

Question

We really love the gameplay behind Warframe - all the gunplay, different frames and abilities and such, but we're at the point where we don't know what we're even meant to do apart from grinding the void for the 2millionth time searching for a different Prime piece. Are we just missing out on something, or are we really just linearly searching for new Warframes as they come out, new Prime pieces on the void and trying to max our mastery? Please tell me there's more.

Take a break from grinding stuff and go do some mission types you like. If I am bored of leveling stuff or grinding for them I go do some spy missions or try to do a mission all stealth or with unmodded gear. Warframe is a game where you sometimes have to make your own challenge ;)

Well I can give you a list of my personal goals?

1) Be able to solo a tower four survival for an hour

2) Own every prime Warframe and weapon

3) Make one thousand plat within one day

4) Survive fifty rounds with only Exiblar's exulted blade in tower four defense.

I have more but those are the things I want to really complete and grind towards.

Well... you actually made me think about mastery rank. We don't have any rewards when leveling and imagine if, lets say reaching up mr15, you would get a special weapon. And imagine you would have another one at 20. And between each of them you get like a special little thing. 

It's a serious issue in warframe. But to answer your question, there is raids, quests, Pvp (not a big fan) and level up weapons (forma the ones you like and that are strong). But if you feel bored the only solution is to take a break. I left aside warframe for almost a whole month and i came back and enjoy it again.

In the beginning the game is fun because you're new to it. But as you get farther into the game you start to learn how to efficiently grind for things. As you learn to master grinding efficiently you forget the fun you once had. I too had forgotten the fun of warframe and had to reflect on what i like. So what I learned about myself was i liked running fast and kind of racing other players. So i dusted off my volt that i used to use all the time, but put him away because he wasn't as efficient at farming than other frames. And now when I'm not grinding I'll join capture groups and sab missions to Volt speed around the map searching for containers or racing to the capture target/extract. Then when i don't feel like doing that i log off.

The best way to enjoy this game is by doing everything until you get bored, then downloading another game to play while you wait for this one to update.

Sadly this is how i play the game, I would like to play a lot more but I know I will burn myself out when playing to much. So I play as many others do and play in bursts when updates arrive or just when I feel like playing again. 

One of my favorite things to do is Spy though. and then use the weirdest builds to try and stealth through them.

You do know that after hundreds of hours at one thing most people would already be bored...

The question you gotta ask yourself is: how do you enjoy the game?

If you really need goals and targets that you work towards to enjoy the game, then you have to come up with your own. If you can't, you really probably should take a break for, say 2 or 3 days until the update hits and you have new and exciting things to farm.

If you don't, figure out what you enjoy and just do that. I enjoy playing missions with high powered toys; working towards the acquisition is tedious to me, which is also why I loathe forma. So I bring my toys and play mission types I enjoy. I could/should work on getting that last Kavasa P part, or finishing Trin P, but right now I really can't be bothered going through recruiting, so I just play the missions I enjoy, like Excavation and Void Sabotage.

So if you like challenge, you might try doing Ceres missions with Mk1 gear, for example. If you like doing unusual things, well, there's a whole star chart full of things that people don't do much. And so on.

You're at the stage of the game where you need to self-direct: you're way past the point at which the developers could or should hold your hand and tell you where to go and what to do.

And if you can't figure out what you enjoy, or if you figure out that you just don't enjoy it at all, then go play another game. Nothing wrong with that.

Try playing Excal with Surging Dash build

Try playing Mirage and Attica TB

Try playing tank Saryn with Armored Agility + Rush

Try playing Undertow Hydroid

Try playing 4 Booben in ODD

Try 5 Formaing a Mk-1 Braton, and be surprised how fuken good it is even in lategame content.

Try playing a Viper with Anemic Agility

Try playing Shield of Shadows Nekros

Try playing Silva Aegis Ember

Try playing Banshee with Savage Silence Melee build

Try playing Ash with a Teleport focused build using only the Karyst

Try playing Pyrana with a Crit build instead of damage build

Try this Lex Prime build created by yurs truly ( http://warframe-builder.com/l/en/3-0-44/t_30_22203300_193-1-5-195-4-5-200-6-5-204-0-10-206-2-5-209-5-5-213-7-5-217-3-3_204-7-193-6-206-6-217-9-195-6-209-6-200-9-213-7/ )

or are we really just linearly searching for new Warframes as they come out, new Prime pieces on the void and trying to max our mastery? Please tell me there's more.

Nope! That's it! You hit end game! It's the same as the Beginning and mid game just with higher levels.

If you want something new go for PVP or solo 60 min survival T4 stuff.

Otherwise that's it. It's all a grind.

Honestly, in my opinion, the game doesn't lack end game content: it lacks progression.

Guarantee that now we have syndicates, arguably one of the only progressions on warframe, every since the very start, we're thrown right into the farming aspect of warframe, with nothing to archive but hoard a bunch of weapons and items.

I appreciate all of you trying to help, unfortunately a lot of these solutions really don't cater to my friend and I. As you guys summarized, the only endgame content is really the Void and raiding (which we haven't tried yet.) But we've smashed the void into oblivion and honestly never wanna see that tileset again.

As for people suggesting I take a break, most of my hours were accumulated a couple of years ago. I watch out for all new updates but unfortunately it's always just "new items in the void to grind for" and as I said.. really hate that tileset by now :(

Maxing out my gear? Well I've done that, my friend hasn't quite yet got stuff like Boltor Prime or Dakra Prime, but there's just not much satisfaction in getting those because then there's nothing to do. We're sad there isn't a leaderboard, because if there was, we'd enjoy just smashing out missions for the sake of point gain.

Maxing Mastery and collecting everything doesn't involve much past grinding in the void =p

We're not into PvP.

Shame, really dig the gameplay but the only thing to do with a maxed out frame is grind the void.. Hopefully an update will add something for me one day, keep the suggestions coming if you guys have anything else <3

@Mastikator I liked the void at one stage, and now I'm bored of it.

Edited by Yzedd

Sometimes i cant be arsed to do anything else than log off and bail. But then again i remember times when ive play'd up to 30hours no break on nolife mode on.
"meta" is what spoils fun for me mostly, few months ago when Greedy Mag was still around i almost lost hope for the game, if you didn't have friends online to make full premade group you would almost always end up standing still while spamming one key till you feel like leaving, "effiency" I call it bullS#&amp;&#036;.

Sometimes i cant be arsed to do anything else than log off and bail. But then again i remember times when ive play'd up to 30hours no break on nolife mode on.

"meta" is what spoils fun for me mostly, few months ago when Greedy Mag was still around i almost lost hope for the game, if you didn't have friends online to make full premade group you would almost always end up standing still while spamming one key till you feel like leaving, "effiency" I call it bullS#&$.

Agreed, I honestly never got into the meta though. I've always played what I've found fun, so you guys don't have to worry about advising me to play my own way. I never once used or played with a GMad :p

we're ... meant to do apart from grinding the void for the 2millionth time searching for a different Prime piece.

Welcome to 'endgame'. :/

Stop grinding and play content that you like.

I like Excavations. Same horde-mode as survival, less early-game failures due to low spawns -> no Life Support.

Or try undergearing.

That's really all I can offer.

Have you tried playing with a new group, Like maybe joining a down to earth guild or even making friends on the forums.

Generally when I burn out (which is frequently) I tend to leave the clan I'm in and search for other ones that sound interesting, after all you can only go so far alone. If I'm really burned out I try an entirely new play style normally I tank with frost prime, so swapping to nekros or banshee, or even using different weapons I'm not accustomed to is a great solution to keep me entertained.