Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Feeling Excited For Rhino Rework?

TRagnar

Since reworked Excalibur stole his ''jack of all trades'' role
Rhino's identity crisis will hopefully end with u18.
With saying that I have no idea what will they do to him and since he desperately needs some buffs,
I wanted to ask what you guys expect and is there any info about the rework?

http://www.pcgamer.com/warframes-next-big-update-launches-this-week/

- Rhino Charge can now gore enemies caught in his path.
- Rhino Charge now has a re-cast combo counter (mechanically identical to Valkyr's Ripline and Atlas' Landslide).
- Duration mods no longer affect Rhino's Charge.
- Range mods will now affect Rhino Charge's distance.
- Rhino Charge’s distance is now based on his melee combo meter.
- Rhino Charge will now result in a Blast proc on targets if Iron Skin is active while Charging.
- Rhino Charge will deal double damage against targets affected by Rhino Stomp.
- Iron Skin has damage absorb period at beginning and is affected by armor, like Snow Globe and Tectonics.
- Fixed 'double getup' when enemies affected by Rhino Stomp get ragdolled.
- Rhino Stomp is recastable now and picks up new enemies in range.

Iron skin still falls into the "press 4 to win" category imo (lazy gameplay) >.>

they only added damage and damage to charge soo...   i guess the way to play him will change a bit..  i'll have to change my build for sure

Edited by vazerd68

Ahem. Here are the skills

Rhino Charge can now gore enemies caught in his path.

Rhino Charge now has a re-cast combo counter (mechanically identical to Valkyr's Ripline and Atlas' Landslide).

Duration mods no longer affect Rhino's Charge.

Range mods will now affect Rhino Charge's distance.

Rhino Charge’s distance is now based on his melee combo meter.

Rhino Charge will now result in a Blast proc on targets if Iron Skin is active while Charging.

Rhino Charge will deal double damage against targets affected by Rhino Stomp.

Iron Skin has damage absorb period at beginning and is affected by armor, like Snow Globe and Tectonics.

Fixed 'double getup' when enemies affected by Rhino Stomp get ragdolled. Rhino Stomp is recastable now and picks up new enemies in range.

Nevermind tenno'd.

Anyway, i'm still having the dejavu feeling of identity crisis.

Edited by Morgax

anyone else here nervouse about the energy consumption? you have to use stomp and roar and then charge multiple times to clear rooms unless you go full roar /stomp /stomp recasts ..... both consumes over 100 energy just for the starting combo. and If you go for the best possible damage you will need 256 energy per second.... tho it does nuke/ render useless everything within 58,62 meters but at what cost?

(minimum to nuke draco consistently is 70 energy/sec and therefore does need a trinity.) 

Extremely. Other than Excalibae, Rhino was (and still is) my second most used Warframe.

I haven't brought him out since U13 due to how easily he falls off in T4S (longest I've tried to go with Rhino was 43 mins solo and that was after using up 3 revives). So he's been collecting dust since then.

But with the new rework, I'm extremely excited to bring him out of retirement at long last. That Heavy Impact passive though, omg it's so exciting!

Extremely. Other than Excalibae, Rhino was (and still is) my second most used Warframe.

I haven't brought him out since U13 due to how easily he falls off in T4S (longest I've tried to go with Rhino was 43 mins solo and that was after using up 3 revives). So he's been collecting dust since then.

But with the new rework, I'm extremely excited to bring him out of retirement at long last. That Heavy Impact passive though, omg it's so exciting!

you die with a rhino in T4 surv ? use a wellformad synoid simulor and the teamloaders and you can not die ,-)

http://www.pcgamer.com/warframes-next-big-update-launches-this-week/

- Rhino Stomp is recastable now and picks up new enemies in range.

they only added damage and damage to charge soo...   i guess the way to play him will change a bit..  i'll have to change my build for sure

Now that Stomp can be spammed, the duration&range build will become a lot more popular.

So the new meta for Rhino would probably be "float everything 24/7".

I am extremely excited. I've been dying for a great balanced frame that I can use for almost any situation. 

The new scaling and changes to stomp will be very welcomed. I'm also considering some of the augment synergies with the rework. I think the changes will make them more viable.

As much as i was excited for Saryn "rework", can't wait to see how DE decides to ruin rhino, well....not that i play him much outside quick capture or boss runs, feel bad for those who main rhino and actually like the way he is right now.

Edited by kiteohatto

i was honestly expecting more in terms of the rhino rework seeing as he absolutely fails at fulfilling the role he was made for (tanking) but I guess this will beat nothing. still isn't going to make him an ubber good frame, but at least he'll be mildly better now. (dear god i hope this won't turn more players to thinking building rhino for iron skin is a good idea)