Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Console Update Time Estimate?

dangerdragon117

If the planets align, before the end of the year. We'll do our best to get it into controller wielding hands.

Question drew what about nezha I would atleast like to have him before next year I know just a hunch really but I don't think update 18 will be out before the holidays so u think nezha will be or no

Remember just a hunch ppl it could be out in 2 weeks

Well Wukong came out at the same time, if I am right, but Atlas took a looooong time and I am even more excited for this update than the last, Cinematic Story, New Warframe, New weapons, New tileset, new landing craft, new, new, new, etc. DE is the greatest developer, maybe some other developers should follow their lead and listen to their players or just be good to the players(hint hint Bungie Activision)

As I don't foresee this happening till February U18 on PS4. The delight for before years end would be awesome but broken record coughs *last year*.....walks away.

Broken record? excuse me? Please go back and look at the update of December 2014 de promised us mesa update before the end of 2014 and we got it mid way through December. 

I'm kind of upset that a spoiler heavy update didn't simultaneously launch on pc and console. Solely because most days at work I spend breaks perusing the forums looking for info but now I don't even have that because spoilers :-(

It never would have worked out if they had delayed it, and most spoilers are handled with titles, so they're easy to avoid.

Question drew what about nezha I would atleast like to have him before next year I know just a hunch really but I don't think update 18 will be out before the holidays so u think nezha will be or no

Remember just a hunch ppl it could be out in 2 weeks

It's very unlikely that anyone will get Nezha before the year is out.

lol yeah, dodging threads like Neo up in here today. the hype regarding the new quest will have died down a little by the time Console gets U18, and then it'll peak again.

just thankful that people have the decency to mark Spoilers. no one want to click a thread and then lose all reason to play the new quest..

It never would have worked out if they had delayed it, and most spoilers are handled with titles, so they're easy to avoid.

It's very unlikely that anyone will get Nezha before the year is out.

They said in Devstream 64 that they'll be pushing Ne-Zha out before the Christmas holidays. A little faith, Tenno.

I find this games community to be quite interesting at times. Particularly around the time of updates. On one hand you have the PC gamers who receive their content usually a month ahead of the consoles who are essentially beta testing a beta. On the other hand you have loads of hungry console players who even though there is very little that could actually be done about having simultaneous release (my self included at times) will bring up the fact that they didn't get the update at the same time like they are being shafted in some way. Even if we did get it simultaneously, workload for DE would at least double between patches/hotfix and initial code for each of the systems (Quality could possibly suffer). Then you would have salty console players along with the already salty PC players, because now they are both beta testing a beta. New updates undoubtedly will have bugs due to the nature of the new content that is always being added. Then Console players will complain about that.

For DE to make something like simultaneous updates possible and actually work, would require an EXTREME amount of resources and time. Something along the lines of hiring or maybe even having volunteer testers to replace the function of the PC player base, and expanding the code staff and all the other things that need to be expanded along with it by a large margin simply because of workload and differences between each console and PC.

tl;dr DE will never make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. To have simultaneous release would require an obscene amount of money time and people that they simply can not conjure out of thin air on demand. or maybe ever.

Rant over. Thank you DE

Also Adam, with these codes pc got, amongst other things, the stalker noggle. Will this opportunity be afforded to US console players as well when we receive the update? If so will they be implemented via psn and xbl codes or via alerts?

Edited by (PS4)appretice

Also Adam, with these codes pc got, amongst other things, the stalker noggle. Will this opportunity be afforded to US console players as well when we receive the update? If so will they be implemented via psn and xbl codes or via alerts?

This is an interesting point. I assume the codes gave out cosmetics anyway, so I'm not overly bothered. But I'd be interested to see what happens.