Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Wasted My First Focus Lens Due To No Tutorial On The System. Would Support Be Kind Enough To Remove It And Place It Back In My Inventory?

XxCurtennoxX

Question

So, i placed my first lens on my Mios. I thought "I use the Mios a lot, this will do fine. I can put future lenses on other gear i use a lot".

Little did i know that it only works for killing blows. i don't melee enough to make this worth my decision at all.

I got 250 focus points for doing the melee-only sortie earlier.

Looking at all the costs in just one focus tree/path, this is going to be painful.

Knowing that i have to get the killing blow (Why is this even a thing anyway), i'd much rather prefer to put the Lens on my Vaykor Hek.

The lack of indication in-game about this means i've made a terrible decision and can't really progress at all.

Is it too much to ask support to remove the lens, the tiny amount of focus points i earnt, and place the lens back in my inventory?

Unless this "killing blow" mechanic for gaining points is removed (which is should, it's not a good idea at all), gaining any points is going to be a painfully slow process. It won't even feel like i'm progressing.

It was simply described that you'd gain focus points when you gain affinity on a rank 30 item with a lens installed.

They never said you'd have to get the killing blow to get any points at all :/

So, could Support do this, or could DE please just get rid of this killing blow mechanic for Focus?

9 answers to this question

It only works for 'affinity gained'

Also if you want support to help you, you'll have to actually contact support and not post here.

Affinity gained by killing blows, yes, which is bad.

Any shared exp from team-mates doesn't give you points. You have to try and hog all the kills yourself to get anywhere.

I feel like you don't realize what the focus system is supposed to be. The focus system is supposed to be for us old players who have thousands of hours in the game and will pump more so in. You're not supposed be able to quickly max something out, it's supposed to take time and effort, because we're already high enough that guns/frames can literally be dropped to a maximized build in an hour. Also, it's not a direct conversion, you need a S#&$ton of affinity to get a good grip of focus.

Edit: Also, Affinity is actually also earned from your friends. Your affinity will favor the weapon used to kill, but all affinity is distributed across your entire loadout. If you're running a frame and a wep, you only have 2 things to spread it over, but if you have a full load out, you have frame, primary, secondary, melee, Sentinel, and sent wep. That's a lot of spread.

Edited by SquireAngel

I feel like you don't realize what the focus system is supposed to be. The focus system is supposed to be for us old players who have thousands of hours in the game and will pump more so in. You're not supposed be able to quickly max something out, it's supposed to take time and effort, because we're already high enough that guns/frames can literally be dropped to a maximized build in an hour. Also, it's not a direct conversion, you need a S#&$ton of affinity to get a good grip of focus.

Edit: Also, Affinity is actually also earned from your friends. Your affinity will favor the weapon used to kill, but all affinity is distributed across your entire loadout. If you're running a frame and a wep, you only have 2 things to spread it over, but if you have a full load out, you have frame, primary, secondary, melee, Sentinel, and sent wep. That's a lot of spread.

certainly better then all those poor souls who place their lens on nyx, trinity, loki etc.

From what I've read, not really, non-nuke Warframes still get a lot more than 250 Focus from most missions.

Loki in particular should get a decent chunk if you do a solo stealth run, what with the 500% Affinity boost and all.