The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Dislike The New Quest/tenno Thing (Spoilers)

goatkid

I'll take what I am thinking is the minority stance here. I liked the reveal. I like being a "kid" controlling dolls in combat. I like modeling my operator how I pictured them to be. At this point in time we aren't kids anymore. At hundreds of years old we aren't kids we are very malnourished old people. I think my immersion with the game has improved 2 fold at least. I feel more connected to the game now that I have a voice and not some mindless doll prancing into combat. I am excited for new cosmetics for the operators in the future.

I personally never felt or believed that I the player had anything to do with this video game world.  I'm just a gamer enjoying this video game for entertainment.   To think or feel anything beyond that, to me, would be something like that of a first person game, and warframe is not first person.  Anytime i play a third person game, my immersion or sense of it is at a limit. 

It's an interesting thing the 1st vs. 3rd person - not everyone feels that way re. the relative depth of immersion. 

There's another way to look at it, in the sense that 3rd person can be seen as more immersive than 1st person, because 3rd person represents peripheral vision and peripheral awareness, which is like a sixth sense that can't be directly represented in 1st person, but is in 3rd person.

Using that criterion, 1st person is more immersive only in one specific circumstance: in that it mimics "tunnel vision" where, precisely, your sense of peripheral awareness closes down and you're only directly aware of what's in front of you.  This happens when you're afraid.  So the "home" of 1st person is in things like dungeons and corridors, where you're scared and don't know what's around the corner.  But as soon as you're "out in the air" and less scared, when you would (in real life) have your peripheral awareness back, then 3rd person is again the more immersive.

I actually play the Bethesda games like that - 3rd person in the open air, 1st person in the creepy dungeons and tunnels! :)

I STILL don't see how people are able to instantly justify "they were referred to as children on the Zariman!" as being "they were just going to be kids form that point out".

IMO it made sense that the Void would make you grant you immortality /long life.

Well the end result is the same.

The lore has been set.

What has been done cannot be undone.

Warframes are puppets and the children the puppeteers.

This is the new order.

Lets have some constructive civil feedback.

Very absolutists conclusion for such a dynamically changing game. It can be remedied like Mass Effect 3 was or even changed completely if DE agrees to do so in the future, just like with J3 Golem. Though I don't care to take away something other people happened to like so no need for the latter, I only request another option in the game. Edited by UrielColtan

Very absolutists conclusion for such a dynamically changing game. It can be remedied like Mass Effect 3 was or even changed completely if DE so decide to in the future, just like with J3 Golem. Though I don't care to take away something other people happened to like so no need for the latter, I only request another option.

What is this request you ask for? In detail or slightly in detail of what option you want.

Edited by KJRenz

I am a pretty lazy guy, but I tend to like to work smarter. Honestly, I was just hoping to get you two to settle down a little so that the thread wouldn't get locked out and all the (yet to be) opinions lost - since when two people start going at each other is when things like that happen normally. I was also trying to make that post still on topic, which is everything after trying to get you folks to chill a little for the sake of the thread.

You didn't do a good job, you thought there was actually an issue here involving wanting to convince people who liked Second Dream, to hate it.

Edited by UrielColtan

IMO it made sense that the Void would make you grant you immortality /long life.

While it may have given immortality / long life, at the same time (via the voice options) the Tenno are stuck in the mindset of children by how they respond.

I mentioned in another topic how in DC's Justice league cartoon there is an immortal child that is centuries old just like the Tenno named Mordred who acts like a child because his doting mother allows it and he can't grow up. The only change was when he broke the eternal youth side of the curse that turned him into an invalid old man, but even then probably still has the mind of a child.

As another person stated, age only allows for the chance to mature and even though they were in cryo, they should have matured enough where they don't say certain lines that DE put in that makes them sound the age they look.

It's an interesting thing the 1st vs. 3rd person - not everyone feels that way re. the relative depth of immersion. 

There's another way to look at it, in the sense that 3rd person can be seen as more immersive than 1st person, because 3rd person represents peripheral vision and peripheral awareness, which is like a sixth sense that can't be directly represented in 1st person, but is in 3rd person.

Using that criterion, 1st person is more immersive only in one specific circumstance: in that it mimics "tunnel vision" where, precisely, your sense of peripheral awareness closes down and you're only directly aware of what's in front of you.  This happens when you're afraid.  So the "home" of 1st person is in things like dungeons and corridors, where you're scared and don't know what's around the corner.  But as soon as you're "out in the air" and less scared, when you would (in real life) have your peripheral awareness back, then 3rd person is again the more immersive.

I actually play the Bethesda games like that - 3rd person in the open air, 1st person in the creepy dungeons and tunnels! :)

well tbh I'm using 3rd person mode when I want to look at nice animations of that badass over there I created and 1st person mode when I "enter serious mode"

although that does not affect my game immersion much... 3rd person games just allows me to look at my Eyecandy character while in the middle of the fight :P

for people that want to turn off the voice quotes of operator - afaik there is option for thin in audio settings :)

While it may have given immortality / long life, at the same time (via the voice options) the Tenno are stuck in the mindset of children by how they respond.

I mentioned in another topic how in DC's Justice league cartoon there is an immortal child that is centuries old just like the Tenno named Mordred who acts like a child because his doting mother allows it and he can't grow up. The only change was when he broke the eternal youth side of the curse that turned him into an invalid old man, but even then probably still has the mind of a child.

As another person stated, age only allows for the chance to mature and even though they were in cryo, they should have matured enough where they don't say certain lines that DE put in that makes them sound the age they look.

I actually kind of like the lines, while I'll not deny  some of them are pretty damn cheesy, sometime I kind of like cheesy. Like the "You'd think they'd clone something less... ugly...?" Made me snicker, both because it was pretty silly but also because it instantly took me back to beta when I first saw the Grineer, I had a similar thought. Though as for the voices and dialogue as a whole, and the Tenno not acting as old as they actually are. I could see two reasons for that.

1: They've been dreaming for a very long time, think of the most vivid dream you've ever had, then imagine that being your whole life, then waking up. No matter how real it felt, it would be pretty hard to hold onto all of it, remember it, so while they've got a lot of experiences and memories, as it was all gained in a dream like state, it might not fully translate into the same kind of maturity living said life would have given.

2: Void jump accident, infused with the void, losing their parents, experimented on, hurting anyone who got close to them, losing the one person who seemed to care and trapped in a waking dream for hundreds of years, forced to fight and kill.. Any one of those things could mess with your head.

One, the other or a combo of both could explain why they know a lot but act closer to their appearance age as opposed to their actual age, fighting to make sense of it all and keep it together, their minds are trying to find the last time things made sense. This could also be why when Lotus asks us what we last remember, all of us reach back to just before the void jump accident, back to the last safe time in our lives.

That's just my thoughts anyway, I'd be game for more voices and even if we could grow up as time passed, given we're out of the pods now, if they want us to not age we could still mature some, it could just have a cut off point, no longer in a cryo-pod, we start to age (perhaps even rapidly) but once we hit adulthood our 'void exposure' halts us once we're fully developed. That is of course if they even intend for our Tenno to be immune to ageing.   

Calling it a dream, is flowery flavor text. They weren't actually dreaming, they were using "transference" as they are currently, they just are not hidden in the Void on the Moon anymore. They remember back to their old life because their transference those memories were originally non existent until just recalling them now, likely due to stronger transference above the Liset, as implied by Lotus. They didn't question who Lotus was or any of that. The Tenno having amnesia about Orokin times, has been established since practically the beginning of this game's life.

Edited by UrielColtan

I actually kind of like the lines, while I'll not deny  some of them are pretty damn cheesy, sometime I kind of like cheesy. Like the "You'd think they'd clone something less... ugly...?" Made me snicker, both because it was pretty silly but also because it instantly took me back to beta when I first saw the Grineer, I had a similar thought. Though as for the voices and dialogue as a whole, and the Tenno not acting as old as they actually are. I could see two reasons for that.

Cheese is fun! Admittedly, it can get old after a while (just like with Ordis), but for now at least I'd have to agree.

I got thinking the other night though - after getting scolded by my Operator for getting my Ember murdered by the stalker - that in a way we could be approaching it wrong. I've always assumed that we were the Operator, primarily because we are constantly being called that with a helping of most the rest the game, but they way I talk to myself sort of leaves a bit of room for it to be perceived that we are just frames being controlled by the Operator as well. I mean, don't get me wrong, I talk to myself all the time, but usually when I do so I don't use lines like "we should be more careful" or "we can do this!" - I'd do an I rather than we. Going off the infested bosses dialogue and the Rhino entry, it isn't outrageous to assume there's more to the warframes than just suits of armor - so it wouldn't be too crazy to think that when referring to something you control that's "alive" you'd say things like "we".

So maybe there is still some room in this for people who want to believe they are the warframes and not the Operator (although, that might change the next devstream when they start talking about all this stuff).

Also - just a protip for the masses: If you want to stop your Operator from bothering you, there's an option in the Audio tab called "Operator voice" (or something along those lines). The entire time I had it turned off I never once heard him talk to me, so that might be an option (at least out of cinematic missions).

So this thread starts with people who were disappointed in the Lore unfolding and revealing more about what DE's had planned since the beginning... exactly what everyone's been asking for, and they're p!$$y that they're finally getting it?

It's cannon now, so you can't change it. If you don't like it, deal with it.

Yeah if they kept the mask on an never showed the "emo teenager" faces, It'd would still work quite nicely.  I really liked the way the quest played out, and how my warframe had the struggle of carrying the operator back to the ship and fighting against the stalker, etc.  (which is weird because why didn't the stalker just teleport to our ships and kill us off at any other time? Well that's another problem.)

When I saw the weird teenager faces...  It just destroyed it for me.  I'm not asking for older people's faces, etc.  I'm just asking for the mask to stay on like when our warframe first rescues the operator from the pod and during the stalker fight.  That way the mystery is still there.

Great quest...  I just have this to nitpick on.  XD

Well, I can understand if one can't get in love with the newly introduced tenno kids. But as so many of here said, it was along the lines (codex, scan entries) for a really long time now. And I think on the tenno customization panel you can put back the mask on the kid.

But, I'd like to talk more about the remaining lore stuff:

* We still know very little about the Orokin era

* What about Ordis? Is he a single Cephalon who's keeping track with every Tenno and their ships? How is he damaged?

* What about the infestation? Just because the original Technocyte virus caused the infestation, and it is connected somehow to the warframes generally. Void energy made capable the tenno to do their stuff, but the warframes were build to focus this energy in a way, but the warframes themselves are some kind of infested beings, organic and artifical fused together.

* Are the sentients a faction of the Orokin? Or how are they connected?

...and so on.

I enjoyed the Quest a lot, its well desinged and original, the story DE developed is very nice. BUT it dont feels right for me, for me the lore the second dream introduced dont fit to the concept (my imagination) of Warframe. All the time i played this game, i played an ultra badass soldier/ninja wearing a creepy magic biotec suit (at least that was my opinion of what tenno/frames are). I become familar with this concept, and i looked forward to more lore about the warfrmae universe to be released.

I dont get it

DE kinda made our adoreable Warframes to some kind of high tech bio machine with no emotions(?), at least its seems that atm. I dont like that we now play children. The child controls the frame, were am I in this new setup? am I the controlled Frame? does I have a soul, or am I a machine? am I the operator, an damn old child without muscles sitting arround in a chair all my life?

DE conected much lore hints in this solution and it might sound logical (for example the male/female frame stuff), but it all feels less comfortable.

Why are the Operators Children?

Yeah there are hints that the tenno are children (or at least were children), but i dont get why DE released them as children now. Cause its quite a lot of time since that void accident, and after the accident the children were not put in stasis imeadetly (at least there are no hints for it). First they fight the war against the sentients and after that they killed nearly the whole orokin civilisation. So WHY DE dont selected adult operators for their story (maybe DE did it because  its a little bit shocking that the ''innocent'' Children become ''killers'', but srsly killer kids are not as ''cool'' as real badass ninja soldiers). That we can model our operator is smth i rly DONT care about cause i cant identify with him.

Little question, Operator and Tenno, two different beings or two words for the same (the kid in the dancefloor of your ship)?

Playing the game now feels a little like being controlled by the teenage boy/girl in your Orbiter, that kinda destroys the feeling of the game.

I rly dont want to insult the devs, its still a great game and the quest was well desinged but the current situation I´m in when i play Warframe dont fit my idea of the game.

I hoped that we play humans in suits, some of us are the grown up kids from the void accident others are orokin people/maybe clones wich were treatened by the Orokin military and forced into experiments to made us like the kids from the accident. We were given frames or build new frames to give us acces to different abilitys (That we swap from male to female when we change the frame was just a desing thing from DE i thought). We were trained to elite badass ninja soldiers with an own culture, ethic, religion.

That was my imagination of what i play, I hoped DE thought the same about their game. I looked forward to their explanation why we killed the Orokin, why we lost our memory, why the Lotus is ''controling'' us, how much time we were in cryosleep, how the grineer empire and the corpus orginisation was formed,.....

Now i dont know what i am as the player, operator, frame,...I feel less free in this game,...the kid in the ship is kinda creepy, it dont fits in there in my opinion. The game gives me less space to free imagination (yeah i know thats what i asked for/develop the lore, but the F*** dont in this curious direction!)

I rly dont want a kid in my ship controling my actions and i dont want to be a kid in a ship controling a machine. I want to play a badass soldier ninja tenno operator wearing a fancy biotec frame wich enables me to use my damn magic!

Just MY opinion

Sry that my thoughts aren´t in order...

So this thread starts with people who were disappointed in the Lore unfolding and revealing more about what DE's had planned since the beginning... exactly what everyone's been asking for, and they're p!$$y that they're finally getting it?

Sorry, but you must be extremely naive to think this was DE's plan from the very beginning. We have countless examples that disprove that. Why do you think we had so many lore debates on what Tenno are in the first place? There were too many examples suggesting different things. Exaclibur's codex entry is probably the best example, alongside the description of the story on the official website. Anyone who has been following the lore closely from day one will know this. We didn't ask for any lore: we asked for lore that makes sense and this lore does not.

You can't tell me this NPC Tenno that is meant to be you, isn't being forced unto us by DE in all aspects, because it is. You want to know why so many people identified as the Warframes? Or at least, prescribed to the head-cannon that the Tenno were in the Warframes? Because that's all we had. We had no knowledge of what the Tenno looked like. Heck, Myinki, the art director (I think that is his post and I think that's how you spell his name) even stated that he had art concepts of the Warframes unmasked. And everyone here is trying to act like this has been the plan all along, only because Rhino's codex entry merely suggests it. Excalibur's codex suggests otherwise, Ember's codex mentions children, yes, but does not mean they were going to control drones and not enter suits.

People are acting like DE hasn't been changing the lore as they develop the game. Sometime ago, we didn't have the Lisets or Ordis. Sometime ago we didn't have archwing. Sometime ago we didn't have Syndicates and all those literally came out of knowhere but we somehow have to accept that this was the only option DE had since the beginning. Plotlines like the Zanuka project have lost their emotional weight. Anyone can speculate that the Tenno feel the pain through Transference of being mutilated by Alad V, but that is all specualtion with no concrete evidence to back it up. Even Mirage and Limbo's "deaths" feel useless now. Are you trying to tell me no one had spare blueprints? Come on now...

Why do you think there's been no Prime codex after Rhino's? Why do you think the Chroma and Mesa quest have to do with those Warframes being controlled from an external source? DE started rethinking their lore from those points, and didn't bother fixing other lore to fit this new lore (and rightfully so I guess). I still think the original concept of Warframe was 1 Warframe = 1 Tenno/character. Why else would the Lotus constantly refer to as the Warframes as he/she in the Warframe profile vidoes when they are clearly "its" and supposedly have been "its" this whole time? Because that was the original plan and it will be confusing to start referring to the newer frames as "its" and it will be a waste of time and resources to make new vidoes just to change a few words. DE from the get-go have been marketing this game as people who wear suits (recall DE briefly changing the slogan to "Suit To Kill". Pretty sure the phrase "Suit Up!" was used in another trailer). The official game website still refers to these Warframes as armor/exo-armor

The lore of this game has been so vague for so long, why is anyone surprised that people are not happy with this outcome? Especially when the Devs themselves gave us the green light to use our head-cannons to immerse ourselves into the game? The reason we have had such heated and long and tiring lore debates is because we had evidence somewhat supporting multiple theories. There was never one "correct" theory based on what we had. And in my opinion, this reveal has only answered "What Tenno are" and "Why they can switch Warframes". It just raises even more questions and goves way to even more speculation. We still don't know for sure what the Stalker is. We don't know how well Transference works. We still don't know the extent of the Tenno power. We still don't know anything.

All of this could have been avoided if this was how the game was in the first place. If DE were really serious with the lore of this game, no one will be complaining. I'm not necessarly saying that the Tenno should be in the Warframes (even though I would prefer that). I am saying we should be given lore that makes sense with absolutely everything we have been given, and this lore is not that lore. That's how you build a world that people care for, that keeps people interested. I don't even find myself so pumped for the next lore reveal. Perhaps it will take time. I personally don't think DE worked hard enough for this reveal to work for everyone, and I think they could have done better. They new people wouldn't be happy with the results so why didn't they better reflect that in the quest? The Tenno didn't have to stab the Lotus out of a fit of rage or confusion, but better dialogue would have shown it. Show internal conflict. Show emotional turmoil. Instead, we are forced to have this representation of who we are supposed to be in the game, be so accepting of this change, of this reveal, when we ourselves are not. How is that supposed to be immersive?

Everyone says that the Tenno aren't "just kids". But they look like kids. They act like kids too, always butting in about how the Grineer are so ugly like my 11 year old cousin would. I wouldn't mind if they looked like kids at least if they looked more dangerous. I had an idea of "Transference scars", injuries the Tenno have on their bodies/faces reflecting all the injuries the Warframes have sustained during battle, and appearing on the skin if the Tenno due to the Void/somatic/Transference link or whatever. That would even solve the problem of people feeling like the Tenno are "just kids playing with dolls" and are completely safe from all danger without establishing new lore or ignoring the current lore. Automatically makes the Tenno more badass and even more sympathetic to have them actually risking their health in the battlefield. Automatically makes the Valkyr thing more sorrowful. Automatically tells you that the Tenno using Mirage and Limbo died in the pods. Automatically paints the horrific image of what the Tenno, comprised of Zanuka went through physically and mentally. And as kids? I would cry for them. Hopefully we get something like this in the game in future updates,

The quest was emotional, yes, but not emotional enough. Everything feels empty now.

And please refrain from your "deal with it" nonsense. Really sick and tired of hearing that. We get it: you're okay with the reveal, but don't go around shutting down people's rights to state their opinions on something they don't like. No one here is outright forcing DE to reverse the update, so what exactly is your problem? The very point of these forums and our roles as players of this game is to give feedback, and that is exactly what we are doing. Wake up, smell the morning coffee and realise that not all feedback will ever be positive, and DE is not above making mistakes. If people feel like this is a mistake, they have every right to say so. Why should people be complacent?

Seems like you're the only one who needs to "deal with" the fact that not everyone will agree with you.

They didn't plan this from the beginning, thats pretty obvious, and no, I never needed to see the Tenno or an answer for switching frames anymore than people need an answer for changing the intrusive Operator from a bald white "guy" into a purple haired bronze girl.

If its canon now and you are confident in it not changing, then whats the matter? People can dislike the quest if they like. Things are not beyond reproach just because you think its the final edit. Can't handle people not liking it, then you are free to take your own advice.

I would never tell someone to just 'deal with it' but at the same time we all need to accept that something (good or bad is up to you) has happened. It will all mean different things to each of us and we all need to come to terms with it, some will like it, others won't and some will adept to it even if it's not what they initially wanted and others will just embrace it. No matter your feelings no one is wrong or right it's just how we all feel on the issue. 

Love it or hate it, everyone is free to state their opinions and tell DE what they do or don't like.

As for the lore leading up to U18, there's no way to say for sure, some say the lore doesn't line up or that it didn't have to lead to this outcome, I disagree with the former, but agree with the latter. The lore up till now was vague at best, the few bits we had also supported several outcomes, even ones people hold as solid reasoning for X or Y theory, Excalibur and Rhino's leave room for several different outcomes. Excalibur's entry could mean actually building armour around someone, or metaphorically as in around their person, their persona. Rhino could have been moving on their own, being controlled by a scared Tenno or some kind of one off experiment/anomaly and not representative of all Warframes, we've yet to know for sure.

We also don't know if there were other Tenno, we know our Tenno was part of the first in the void jump accident, that's how we got our powers and what sparked the creation of Transference and Warframes. But the Lotus says during the end of the quest,

"As the Tenno grew, they developed great schools, the Tenno ways, do you see yours?"  

If we got our powers from the void jump accident, and only the children survived, how did our numbers grow? Could the Orokin have tried to recreate the accident? Or tried other ways to create more Tenno?

I could honestly go on, this update left me with so many questions and I'm excited to learn more, but to stay on topic I'll close with saying.

I understand those who don't like the reveal for any reason and you should be able to express that without others telling you to 'deal with it' or tell you you're wrong, you're not. But at the same time, realise that asking for it to change would leave another set of people feeling how you do now, DE knew this update wouldn't please everyone, it's impossible for any story or anything in general to appeal to everyone. We can't speak for DE maybe they always planned this, maybe they didn't but we can't assume either way for them. Steve pretty much said in the last Dev stream it's all been building towards this, they've wanted there to be lore and story, but they've spent all their time building up the game play first and now they finally can.

Personally, I just want to say thank you DE, I've enjoyed playing your game for years and now I'm enjoying it in a whole new way, so thank you.    

Sorry, but you must be extremely naive to think this was DE's plan from the very beginning. We have countless examples that disprove that. Why do you think we had so many lore debates on what Tenno are in the first place? There were too many examples suggesting different things. Exaclibur's codex entry is probably the best example, alongside the description of the story on the official website. Anyone who has been following the lore closely from day one will know this. We didn't ask for any lore: we asked for lore that makes sense and this lore does not.

And please refrain from your "deal with it" nonsense. Really sick and tired of hearing that. We get it: you're okay with the reveal, but don't go around shutting down people's rights to state their opinions on something they don't like. No one here is outright forcing DE to reverse the update, so what exactly is your problem? The very point of these forums and our roles as players of this game is to give feedback, and that is exactly what we are doing. Wake up, smell the morning coffee and realise that not all feedback will ever be positive, and DE is not above making mistakes. If people feel like this is a mistake, they have every right to say so. Why should people be complacent?

Seems like you're the only one who needs to "deal with" the fact that not everyone will agree with you.

+1

Tin Foil Lore guys if this is the way it’s always been; aside from the 100 other conflicts, what’s up with the guys @ the relays? Who’re those fit lads/ladies? Just randoms I guess.

Personally I’m ridin solo in my Liset... I'm ridin solo

Spaced my ‘tween tenno’ on day 1...

eah, yeah, yeah, yeah,

I'm feeling like a star, you can't stop my shine, I'm loving cloud nine, my head's in the sky,

I'm solo, I'm riding solo, I'm riding solo, I'm riding solo, solo.

Yeah, I'm feeling good tonight, finally doing me and it feels so alright, oh,

Time to do the things I like, going to the club everything's alright, oh,

No one to answer to, No one that's gonna argue, no,

And since I got the hold off me, I'm living life now that I'm free, yeah...

This spaceninja-tenno returns solo, to his unrelenting, hedonistic disarray of bullets, and blood, and death...

Not really going to throw my thoughts regarding the quest or anything, but just wanted to clarify, regardless if how someone will perceive it, this is simply not entirely true, as much of the conversation between the Tenno and the Lotus (more specifically, the fact that the children disciplined themselves regarding their true powers/their principles, and creating the Five Great Schools) shows that they have a very much intellegent and mature minds, despite that fact that they sound like and are children. No child can achieve something to that length as far as I'm aware, giving the circumstances of course.

So for half of the statement about "being stuck in the mindset" is not true.

As far as how you and probably a few others perceive it, I can understand as despite having the knowledge and understanding (for the most part), as well as to re-learn/remember about themselves, their true powers, harnessing those said powers, and everything else in-between, they're vocabulary is sure within our (earth) age-range of a young teenager. I say "our" age on earth, as it is known that aging in Warframe is vastly different (by what and how much I'm not entirely sure), as we know (for an obvious example) certain individuals such as Teshin have been around since the Orokin Era.

The concept of how long certain beings live, like the Grineer's "short lifespan", as far as my knowledge, is that it has not been made entirely clear.

This is also solidified that, based on the dialogue from "Ties That Bind" Alert quest, Darvo is "almost" 105 years old. Regardless though, he is still treated much of a teenager by his father, suggesting that Corpus' can live for hundreds of years.

Basically, perceiving it is all well and good, but since we are making comparisons to our lifespans, and what the Tenno have done as well as other bits of dialog and lore; it shows that their minds are well developed beyond what their physical appearance and speech show.

Hope that clears that bit up!

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Not really going to throw my thoughts regarding the quest or anything, but just wanted to clarify, regardless if how someone will perceive it, this is simply not entirely true, as much of the conversation between the Tenno and the Lotus (more specifically, the fact that the children disciplined themselves regarding their true powers/their principles, and creating the Five Great Schools) shows that they have a very much intellegent and mature minds, despite that fact that they sound like and are children. No child can achieve something to that length as far as I'm aware, giving the circumstances of course.

So for half of the statement about "being stuck in the mindset" is not true.

Children dont go to school in the real world and excel in certain subjects?

This is just a very long gym class.

When i was in school i rather play baseball and volleyball rather than basketball or football (real).

That was probably cause i didnt care for all the running around.

So these kids played Warframe by using different styles.

And given the way the act, im going to guess that Orokin actually came up with the names cause the tenno probably called stuff, "IN YO FACE School" or "IM GOING TO GET YOU SUCKA Style."

Edited by Mak_Gohae