Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Alad V Not A Bad Guy Anymore?

Lordmotav

Since we know that Warframes are just tin cans with meat inside them being controlled from far away, has anything he's done REALLY been that bad? Sure he took our stuff, but it's not like anyone actually died in the process. Your meatsuit got broken, but you probably transferred into a new one seamlessly without even knowing it. After all we did it all the time beforehand and no Tenno children have died. (Our secret would've been divulged otherwise) Considering we can just revive mid-mission too, the frames are clearly just Frankenstein monsters that jump at the sight of our void energy anyways.

So all that in mind, I can't consider him that evil. Sure he's mean and all, but he's never actually killed any of us. Just saying.

Welll... He was never really a bad guy, but moreover, he just did things that would further advance his own personal interests. More of a weasel or rodent really.

Never stopped me from liking him as a character though. I supported him entirely through Tubemen.

And to be fair, we don't know if the Tenno don't die. A lucid dream as being a Warframe could violently detach the mind from the Tenno in the Frame during death and leave a vegetable state Tenno behind, which is the closest thing to death you can have.

Edited by WingedCrusade

Saying Alad V is quite a huge spoiler if you think about it.

But Alad V is only trying to protect his "business" rather than helping us. So if the Stalker is killing off the warframes, than he has no way of collecting them for his own use. So there is no way that Alad should be considered "good", because he still uses Warframes for his own interest and warframes are a bit conscious of their own existence.

I wish Alad would be fully redeemed. I know it sounds stupid but at least in my opinion it's the only option that makes sense. Alad V has nobody left to go to.

His own people, his "Corpus" would never take him back and since the Infestation appears to have some level of intelligence behind it I'd imagine it isn't too pleased with Alad abandoning and curing himself of the Infestation riddled in his body.

I doubt the Grineer would trust a former Corpus and the Sentient have already proven themselves wishing his death.

After what he has done to the Tenno, or at least the frames we're the only one to have helped him, and he's the only one to have helped us. It may take some convincing and the past may never truly fade but if we could convince the Lotus to let him join us for good, station himself in our Relays and focus his research on the good of the systems he could in time be the greatest ally the Tenno have.

Welll... He was never really a bad guy, but moreover, he just did things that would further advance his own personal interests. More of a weasel or rodent really.

Never stopped me from liking him as a character though. I supported him entirely through Tubemen.

And to be fair, we don't know if the Tenno don't die. A lucid dream as being a Warframe could violently detach the mind from the Tenno in the Frame during death and leave a vegetable state Tenno behind, which is the closest thing to death you can have.

And that vegetative Tenno could subconsciously transfer into a new meatsuit, and start the process over again. Idk how many Tenno children there are supposed to be, but the number that have supposedly "died" should probably have been quite a lot of them by now!

I'm not convinced the warframes are completely mindless, myself. But even if they were, Alad is clearly willing to disregard the lives of others - Tenno, Grineer, Corpus, and now even the Sentients - if it means advancing his own station. I'm not quite sure I'd call that evil, but it's most definitely villainous.

That really wouldn't work.

We have mind machine interface tech today, you can even control a computer with it.

You don't squirt your brain cells out, just as much as this server isn't squirting out this webpage and losing it when you pull the plug.

A dead WF does nothing to the operator other than the fact you lost it. Which we still don't know if losing a warframe is a big deal or if its just like losing a unit in an RTS Annoying and replacable.

Alad V did all his experiments on Warframes while under the assumption that they were sapient beings. His taunts in the Alad V mission indicate that he fully believed each Warframe was an individual Tenno, and he had no problem vivisecting them even with that belief.

And that vegetative Tenno could subconsciously transfer into a new meatsuit, and start the process over again. Idk how many Tenno children there are supposed to be, but the number that have supposedly "died" should probably have been quite a lot of them by now!

Nooo, what I'm suggesting is a complete separation of mind and body. Do you know the shock that would come with the frame dying with the Tenno's mind in it? Also, don't you know what being a vegetable means? No cognitive function whatsoever. Entirely brain dead. Nobody home.

Basically a living body with nothing to guide it or command it. A vegetable. Lifeless, but still alive. Present in physical sense, but mentally checked out. Braindead.

That really wouldn't work.

We have mind machine interface tech today, you can even control a computer with it.

You don't squirt your brain cells out, just as much as this server isn't squirting out this webpage and losing it when you pull the plug.

A dead WF does nothing to the operator other than the fact you lost it. Which we still don't know if losing a warframe is a big deal or if its just like losing a unit in an RTS Annoying and replacable.

You're going off what WE have, not what THEY could have.

yeah, no.

Alad V is only being helpful so long as it suits him. He'll go back to cutting open Waframes at his earliest convenience, under the assumption that they are still a sentient entity, he might suspect other wise, but he has no proof.

But still helping us!

Nooo, what I'm suggesting is a complete separation of mind and body. Do you know the shock that would come with the frame dying with the Tenno's mind in it? Also, don't you know what being a vegetable means? No cognitive function whatsoever. Entirely brain dead. Nobody home.

Basically a living body with nothing to guide it or command it. A vegetable. Lifeless, but still alive. Present in physical sense, but mentally checked out. Braindead.

You're going off what WE have, not what THEY could have.

So you're saying they developed something explicitly so they could cause mind death, just because they want to have mind death capable tech?

Further, people here are making the operative claim that with new lore, the operator dies from the wf dying.

Something Hunhow explicitly stated does not work, at all, to the Stalker before shadowfying him.

So to be more precise on the realm of proofs, those making the claim that tenno die when the warframe does, need to present.

Both for being the active claimant, and for flying in face of directly stated canon.

I doubt it. While Alad did not win the event a bunch of Tenno still fought for him so he probably cured himself anyway.

^This, it's very doubtful that it'll happen when DE could just say that Alad was able to synthesize a cure himself from the data the Tenno who supported him provided rather than rewriting quest dialogue and re-voicing the conversations.

No one believed when I said, at the end of the Alad vs Nef Anyo event, that Alad would use Regor's research to cure himself and then would become an ally.

I always believed that, or rather, was hoping that would be the case when Tubemen was playing out.