The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoiler) Poll: Do You Like The New Storyline.

(PSN)Doctor-Blitz-

No. I hate the operator being there so much that ive quit playing for now.

maybe as I sated on my profile description ill stop playing forever.

I hate the little tenno kid so much that I wanna do finishers on them over and over until they are dead.

then its out the air lock and into the sun, just like ordis.

I love how DE presented the lore in this quest and the way they implemented new systems together with the lore.

The way you earn Focus points needs to be adjusted and the Tenno customization could use a few more options and tweaks, but overall i'm really impressed with what DE has done.

This is true art, more than some overpriced static painting :)

Edited by CruelMaiden

Totally YES !!!

And to be honest - it does absolutely NOT diverge from all the other sepculations that were made. All those who are upset because frames are "empty" should reconsider the other possibilities.

Possibility 1: We thought we were energy beings bringing the suit to life - that is practically what we do have now except for the fact that we still do have a physical body, the frame itself would also have been a lifeless being here.

Possibility 2: Frames would have been suits, also lifeless becasue, yeah, they would just have been suits...

Possibility 3: That godawful "Brain-in-a-jar" or Kraang crap, um yeah...frames carrying a bodyless brain, they are lifeless carriers here, too...

I like that the game's story is progressing. I'm not thrilled about their "pimp my ride" direction of the story itself. For me, it takes out a lot of immersion to find out my character isn't the character I'm playing. I feel this also devalues the story that has progressed previously.

For example, look at Mirage, Valkyr, and Limbo, in light of these new developments. Before they were characters who had perished or were molded by tragic and noble deaths resulting from a commitment to duty, honor, or foolish passion. Now, they're just meaningless drones operated by petty or indifferent children.

Mirage: Was she really laughing defiantly at the moment of her death, or was she laughing at how seriously everyone else was taking the situation, because she was in no real danger at all.

Liimbo: Did he really get destroyed due to an unforseen miscalculation, or did he simply get sloppy and YOLO it, because it's not like he was risking his actual self.

Valkyr: Was she really "drive mad" by the Corpus experiments, or is she just a "mad bro", throwing a fit because someone scratched up her "ride", like some COD kiddie lashing out at others for ruining his K/D stat.

Edited by Ryme

Nope. I loved the quest, don't get me wrong, I loved all what U18 gave us, EXCEPT the reveal. It broke the immersion of what we thought we were for a good few years. I'll just go back to my headcannon until the lore goes in a direction I can follow.

For example, look at Mirage, Valkyr, and Limbo, in light of these new developments. Before they were characters who had perished or were molded by tragic and noble deaths resulting from a commitment to duty, honor, or foolish passion. Now, they're just meaningless drones operated by petty or indifferent children.

That is completely not implied at all - in fact the exact opposite is implied by the lore.  The perishing, molding, tragedy and nobility and death were all very real.  (Or at least, they were if the relationship between Tenno and Warframe during the war was 1-1, as opposed to the 1-many we have now.)

The point of the lore reveal is that the Tenno were "dreaming" that they WERE their Warframes.  They weren't "petty, indifferent children", they believed and felt subjectively that they were the noble Rhino, Valkyr, Mirage, etc.,and they developed a whole Tenno culture as Warframes.

Yes.

Many of us theorycrafting on the lore were vindicated by the actual reveal. Now we know. Mostly.

There's still some murky areas in the tenno identity and consequently much we still don't know...yet. Also, for those going on about the warframe itself being empty, we suspect this isn't entirely so.

There's still enough evidence floating around (Valkyr, Limbo, Mirage) to support speculation that there's a feedback loop between tenno and warframe. We seen the warframe act independently--we saw it in the Second Dream Quest.