The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoiler) Poll: Do You Like The New Storyline.

(PSN)Doctor-Blitz-

No because now i am no longer the operator.

A clueless cripple who cant seem to shut up and who was forced upon us is not taking up space in the liset.

I have zero connection to the game as of now.

I am not operating the warframes any longer, i am watching a emo little snotpile sitting in a damn chair being useless while talking to themselves. Caring about their warframes as if it was their favorite teddybear.

I am frankly debating if i should just scrap my account all together start a new one and never go near any quest ever again. 

I like that the game's story is progressing. I'm not thrilled about their "pimp my ride" direction of the story itself. For me, it takes out a lot of immersion to find out my character isn't the character I'm playing. I feel this also devalues the story that has progressed previously.

For example, look at Mirage, Valkyr, and Limbo, in light of these new developments. Before they were characters who had perished or were molded by tragic and noble deaths resulting from a commitment to duty, honor, or foolish passion. Now, they're just meaningless drones operated by petty or indifferent children.

Mirage: Was she really laughing defiantly at the moment of her death, or was she laughing at how seriously everyone else was taking the situation, because she was in no real danger at all.

Liimbo: Did he really get destroyed due to an unforseen miscalculation, or did he simply get sloppy and YOLO it, because it's not like he was risking his actual self.

Valkyr: Was she really "drive mad" by the Corpus experiments, or is she just a "mad bro", throwing a fit because someone scratched up her "ride", like some COD kiddie lashing out at others for ruining his K/D stat.

The Tenno thought they WERE the Warframes. The Operator of the Mirage thought he/she was getting torn asunder and the Valkyr WAS tortured. It's like you don't want to see what we're being told here.

Liimbo: Did he really get destroyed due to an unforseen miscalculation, or did he simply get sloppy and YOLO it, because it's not like he was risking his actual self.

Valkyr: Was she really "drive mad" by the Corpus experiments, or is she just a "mad bro", throwing a fit because someone scratched up her "ride", like some COD kiddie lashing out at others for ruining his K/D stat.

LOL! These explanations may actually make me like being a kid.

Cause they make way more sense.

Yes.

I think there are a lot of questions about old content that now need answering, but I can adapt to remote-Tenno. I think that the lines that the Operator utters are sometimes poorly thought out (Some of them really don't work as talking-to-yourself-style lines, why would a Tenno be encouraging the Warframe, their own body-by-proxy to do things.) 

... but ultimately I knew there was one Tenno per account (Because, game mechanics were constructed in a manner that required it, plus _way_ too many story hints) hence I didn't make the mistake of projecting individual identities into each Warframe.

I wonder if the Devs are going to make the next devstream a spoiler-stream because the PC-players have questions that need answering, not lore ones simply mechanical questions like "What content is now old-and-dead?"

not really a new storyline, this was kinda expected, but yeah i like it, now i think they should focus on the story behind every frame, since they are unique, there should be a reason why the frames come with presets body type and powers instead of being random, plus this mean somewhere there is an "old soul on a child body" controlling the stalker? right?

The Tenno thought they WERE the Warframes. The Operator of the Mirage thought he/she was getting torn asunder and the Valkyr WAS tortured. It's like you don't want to see what we're being told here.

That is what we thought once we were reawoken, because our memories were wiped/blocked, by Lotus. The question is if the Orokin did the same to us back then, as we clearly remember both being children and warframe now.

I'm very happy with it, so YES.

Also this isn't a "new storyline". The story has been coming to this current conclusion for far, far longer than you may think. The devs have been constantly hinting about it both ingame and in their livestreams. Anyone who looked deep into the lore and between the lines knew something like this was going to be revealed.

That is what we thought once we were reawoken, because our memories were wiped/blocked, by Lotus. The question is if the Orokin did the same to us back then, as we clearly remember both being children and warframe now.

Ah, you make a good point. Either way, the only thing I want to change is for the Tenno to actually act their age. If that gets handled further down the line, I'll be happy.

not really a new storyline, this was kinda expected, but yeah i like it, now i think they should focus on the story behind every frame, since they are unique, there should be a reason why the frames come with presets body type and powers instead of being random, plus this mean somewhere there is an "old soul on a child body" controlling the stalker? right?

The Stalker is also Tenno; so yes, he/she is the same as us.

What I got is that perhaps the Lotus has been reactivating Tenno for a while now. All throughout the various lore bits, there is the hint that there are Tenno present throughout the long history of the system, after the collapse of the Orokin empire. Stalker could just be one of the first that she awoke and who has rebelling against the Orokin. She mentions that the truth drove him/her to madness (PTSD?). Perhaps that is why she decided to blocked/wiped the memories of those she woke from then on, to spare us the guilt of what we'd done.

Two further observations I've made,

1) Lotus is based off of Margulis, possibly on purpose to better manipulate us. Margulis was blinded by the children. Lotus wears a mask that covers her eyes. They seem to share the same voice

2) This opens the door to non-anthropomorphic Warframes? We know they're just "golems" now. There's no reason they can't have 3 arms, 4 legs, or just be a giant space octopus. .

Edited by Ryme

Considering how many believe now that "We" are only some bloody kid sitting in a chair like a Lazy Peon while being in no Real danger, because "lOL i remOte noW", i Demand a Quest that displays how a Tenno-Warframe link works, and if they have to show another tenno getting visually Ripped to shreds the same way the warframe got ripped to shreds.

Show us DE, show us how this VR-Pod works. tell us If the Operator is always in Actual Danger of Dying, or if the people are right and our sense of Danger truly is gone!

Considering how many believe now that "We" are only some bloody kid sitting in a chair like a Lazy Peon while being in no Real danger, because "lOL i remOte noW", i Demand a Quest that displays how a Tenno-Warframe link works, and if they have to show another tenno getting visually Ripped to shreds the same way the warframe got ripped to shreds.

Show us DE, show us how this VR-Pod works. tell us If the Operator is always in Actual Danger of Dying, or if the people are right and our sense of Danger truly is gone!

It's already logically implied by the lore reveals that the Tenno feels damage to the warframe as pain, otherwise there would be no point to the lore reveal.  It's an Avatar type of scenario, so we feel damage as pain, just as Jake Sully feels pain through his Na'avi avatar, only our avatars are somewhat more like constructs, just with some organic component - so the Valkyr lore is quite solid.  The Tenno piloting Valkyr really felt all that dissection and torture.

It's really the Mirage scenario that needs answered by DE. There are any number of options for that.  It could be that when we run out of "revives", that does actually represent us "dying in the frame" through some kind of neural feedback (as per The Matrix) so our coming back to life after that is something outside the game (meta) just for the sake of gameplay and it being a videogame.

These are all wee corners that DE could helpfully clarify.  Also, re. story, with some of the missions - they might have to revamp some of the new player experience, once the broad outlines of the game lore are generally known (i.e. "Oh Warframe, that's the multiplayer shooter where you play a child soldier piloting avatars, Avatar/Evangelion style").

2) This opens the door to non-anthropomorphic Warframes? We know they're just "golems" now. There's no reason they can't have 3 arms, 4 legs, or just be a giant space octopus. .

I wondered about that, it would be kind of cool, but on the other hand, bearing in mind that if we have to learn "body skills" (i.e. martial arts) in and as the frames, that's going to be extra hard with an avatar that has the extra co-ordination problem of four legs (which is going to be totally unfamiliar to a mind that's used to 2 legs, balance, etc.)

IOW, it would require a huge amount more "affinity".

No. I find that I'd rather have kept the Master Chief effect of not knowing who...or what...is behind those Warframe helmets. Knowing its an extension of some prebesucent child NPC has taken away the mystery in a way that I saw the Warframes themselves.

I'm looking forward to U-18 on consoles, but also I'm not, since all "what-if" possibilities and imagined personality assigned to each frame has basically bit the dust leaving a plot device to be filled by this story arc asking me to like the ramblings of a chosen child voice actor.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey