The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus "increased Shields" Sortie Advice~

Acos

Question

So we're all used to handling the Grineer and their stupid, ridiculous, armor scaling by using Finishers, Corrosive Projection, or/and sicking Saryn on the entire group. It seems that the Corpus also want to play though, and Sortie's have introduced missions where the Corpus have shields I can only assume are stolen from actual space frigates. From doing Finishers against these enemies I roughly estimate their shields to be around 80k-100k "health". As sorties are still new, I figured I'd share some of my experience getting around this obstacle. 

1) Magnetic Damage is cute, but it's not really going to scratch the surface of these guys. It does deal increased damage, but not by enough that its' giving you some huge advantage either. On the other hand the Magnetic Proc is quite a substantial amount of damage against them, provided you have a high status chance weapon. Once you've disrupted their shields their health pool isn't much to brag about and you should be able to take them down pretty quickly. 

2) Bleed Procs are also still quite useful, as they skip the shields entirely and go right for the delicious, fleshy bits underneath. Turn-about is fair play, game. In this regard, Ash and his Bladestorm do quite well at taking down enemies who shields are normally a problem. Don't forget Steel Charge to further increase the damage. 

3) The Aura Shield Disruption is also very useful provided you can get your team to coordinate using it, and still pretty useful even if you can't. A full team utilizing this often overlooked aura will reduce Corpus shields by 96%, and if we're doing our math, 100k shields reduced by 96% is a measly 4k shields. They'll pretty much die if you sneeze on them by this point.

4) Or, if you'd rather not bother with an Aura, there's the anti-Corpus Warframe Mag with her Shield Polarize who will absolutely crush them into tiny meaty chunks by using their giant shields against them. Just keep her in a safe place with a Trinity or some other energy restoration method nearby and she can pretty much bring down the entire faction by herself. 

That should help get you started, at any rate. If anyone else has some Anti-Shield advice, feel free to share it!  

10 answers to this question

Don't forget Toxin damage - it suffers damage penalties against machinery, but those got relatively few health anyways, and bypasses shields just like bleed does.

Edit: Beaten to it by two guys.... *goes into the corner of shame* 

Edited by ArrexDrandko

Mag. Hundreds of thousands of damage to any group of Corpus within (up to) 68.75m. 

We ran Mag, Frost, Trinity, and a wildcard. Easy.

If you want to see how far out all the red dots will disappear, bring a couple of Enemy Radars (and Animal Instinct).

Edited by pauli133