Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Rework Is Actually Pretty Lackluster.... He Needs To Be Buffed!

Zarozian

can you suggest a proper allround build ??? havent played for long with him

thx in advance

This is my all round build(2 Forma). I intend to replace Rending Turn by Cunning Drift(+15% power range) or Power Drift(+15% power strength) -

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Rhino_prime/t_30_2200043020_3-8-5-4-7-5-5-2-5-6-0-5-12-4-5-19-5-10-55-3-5-479-1-9-481-6-9-555-9-5_6-6-479-7-5-9-55-11-12-11-19-7-481-7-4-9-3-18-555-9_0/en/1-0-23

Edited by NN13

Modding Steel Fiber to lose all the possible damage from Rhino Stomp and make Rhino Stomp a Crowd Control stun...

Im happy with my 75% efficency build and Full Strenght but Rank 2 Blind Rage so I can stomp up to Level 40+.

After that, it's always Loki's job anyway.

Still better of than Saryn...

True~

to be honest it should've been called a tweak rather than rework , nothing got "reworked" just buffs and tweaks ............ ARMOUR BUFF PLEASE , the title HEAVIEST should mean somehting

Agreed. ;<

That was not the point.

If Rhino Prime has 275 Armor, so does Excalibur Prime. I am comparing normal Rhino to Normal Excalibur. But, anyway, you totally missed the point.

The point I was trying to make was that the so-called tank in this game is not even near to a true tank in terms of physical stats. Infact, almost all heavy/slow/melee frame has more armor than Rhino....Excalibur,Frost, Chroma, Atlas, Valkyr and even Wukong has more armor than Rhino. Even Saryn, being a caster, is almost near Rhino with her 175 armor.

I can understand Valkyr having the highest Armor. I can even understand Atlas having 450 armor since he is a brawler. But I just can not wrap my head around the fact that a monkey has tougher skin than a rhino...

And before you argue that Rhino can be a tank by using his Iron Skin ability, damage mitigation by using abilities is done way better by Trinity and Chroma and Valkyr is just Invulnerable.

Exactly my dude.

Rhino needs more armor and his armor multiplier needs to be 500% like Frost and Atlas, not 250%.

to be honest it should've been called a tweak rather than rework , nothing got "reworked" just buffs and tweaks ............ ARMOUR BUFF PLEASE , the title HEAVIEST should mean somehting

yeah, this rework was more of less just very minute quality of life changes. the closest to reworking that happened was charge getting combo'd and how stats interact with it being altered, and that isn't much of a shift  tbh.

my biggest gripe however is how low rhino's armor still is, as a tank frame rhino has incredibly lackluster armor values, i mean come on he's in the same ballpark as dps frames. i also don't think iron skin was done well enough, it needs a higher armor multiplier than normal not less, to make up for how small a target he is. Globe can sink in a lot of damage during its absorb phase because it is a super big target and all the bullets are going to hit it, unless rhino is in the middle of a mob at near point blank range half the bullets being fired at him are never going to hit him in time for the drain phase to matter, and that needs to be compensated for. i also still wish rhino had some kind of aggro ability, but that doesn't seem likely outside an augment so may that idea rest in peace.

All of you who keep telling me to put steel fiber on or Armored agility and how Iron Skin reaches over 10k+ or whatever are seriously wrong.

I have Armored agility, steel fiber, power drift, transient fortitude, intensify, all maxed out with blind rage 2 levels from being maxed,and the farthest it goes is just 7k+ HP.

As for scaling with the mobs. It doesn't do that at all. It never did all along.

What Rhino needs is more armor, like up to 500, or his Iron Skin multiplier set to 500% like Frost's and Altas', not a measely 250%. Cause right now even with a ridiculously high amount of power strength and as much armor as possible, it still feels no different than my old build, only it lasts slightly longer now but not enough for a noticeable difference!

ALSO CHARGE WAS A LET DOWN TOO!

WHAT HAPPENED TO MELEE MODS APPLYING TO IT?!

All of you who keep telling me to put steel fiber on or Armored agility and how Iron Skin reaches over 10k+ or whatever are seriously wrong.

I have Armored agility, steel fiber, power drift, transient fortitude, intensify, all maxed out with blind rage 2 levels from being maxed,and the farthest it goes is just 7k+ HP.

As for scaling with the mobs. It doesn't do that at all. It never did all along.

What Rhino needs is more armor, like up to 500, or his Iron Skin multiplier set to 500% like Frost's and Altas', not a measely 250%. Cause right now even with a ridiculously high amount of power strength and as much armor as possible, it still feels no different than my old build, only it lasts slightly longer now but not enough for a noticeable difference!

ALSO CHARGE WAS A LET DOWN TOO!

WHAT HAPPENED TO MELEE MODS APPLYING TO IT?!

I don't know where you got that melee mods applied to charge to my knowledge it never did that the most you can do with it is range mods or use iron skin when charging to get a blast proc and when they tell you 10k they may be factoring in that ironclad charge gives a 50% armor boost and this applies to iron skin as well

Edited by (XB1)Vikarr Rakamai

I don't know where you got that melee mods applied to charge to my knowledge it never did that the most you can do with it is range mods or use iron skin when charging to get a blast proc and when they tell you 10k they may be factoring in that ironclad charge gives a 50% armor boost and this applies to iron skin as well

No in devstream 63 Scott said Charge would have melee mods applied to it! ;<

But that never happened. Also Charge doesn't lock on to enemies, it misses and it will only give you that small increase. It only works when you hit a cluster of enemies but in a way it's still irrelevant. In the end I would rather have other useful mods rather than the Iron Clad Charge mod on my Rhino Prime.

Yeah I agree for a so called tank( he is a tank with the buffed iron skin) he has less armor than excalibur ,Please DE buff rhinos armor it sounds so wrong that excalibur has more armor than rhino at least buff his armor from 190 to 300 armor and rhino prime will have 600 armor! heck you can even nerf speed if you think giving rhino that much armor is a little overpowered

Yeah I agree for a so called tank( he is a tank with the buffed iron skin) he has less armor than excalibur ,Please DE buff rhinos armor it sounds so wrong that excalibur has more armor than rhino at least buff his armor from 190 to 300 armor and rhino prime will have 600 armor! heck you can even nerf speed if you think giving rhino that much armor is a little overpowered

Overpowered?

Not even! Look at Valkyr. Completely immune to damage. Doesn't die with maxed efficiency at all...

So Rhino deserves at least this much! >;(

Excalibur doesn't have a magic button he can press to give himself 10k armor, why do people think that rhino needs more armor because excal has a higher base? Excal doesn't have anything in the way of survivability other than an unreliable blind for CC which goes mostly underused. He's an offensive frame, he needs the armor where rhino has a defensive skill and CC to boot.

No in devstream 63 Scott said Charge would have melee mods applied to it! ;<

But that never happened. Also Charge doesn't lock on to enemies, it misses and it will only give you that small increase. It only works when you hit a cluster of enemies but in a way it's still irrelevant. In the end I would rather have other useful mods rather than the Iron Clad Charge mod on my Rhino Prime.

You should know better that a lot of things they say on the devstreams are NOT what you get in the final product. They even tell you that on the devstreams so people don't take what they say and quote them like it's gospel.

Excalibur doesn't have a magic button he can press to give himself 10k armor, why do people think that rhino needs more armor because excal has a higher base? Excal doesn't have anything in the way of survivability other than an unreliable blind for CC which goes mostly underused. He's an offensive frame, he needs the armor where rhino has a defensive skill and CC to boot.

You should know better that a lot of things they say on the devstreams are NOT what you get in the final product. They even tell you that on the devstreams so people don't take what they say and quote them like it's gospel.

Oh my god. For the last time he doesn't have 10k armor! >;(

As for Excal he has overpowered 600k damage Exalted Blade~ He dun need all that! D:< Blind + Exalted Blade == Everything dies, unless it's a Sentient!

And I know dat the things they say on devstreams are NOT what we will get in the final product! D:

But was there really any reason not to do so? D: Isn't the Rhino Rework really lackluster? You and I both know it really is! >;(

come back when rhino can clear rooms with his massive damage fourth and you can tell me how these two are balanced

Frost prime has 750 armor if I remember correctly so giving rhino prime at least 550-600 wouldn't hurt. But I agree the new iron skin still does perform well if you know what you are doing but like others said he doesn't have the energy pool necessary for the power combos needed. Charge 9-25, roar 17-75, IS 12-50 but most people put blind rage on so you can never get to the best efficiency mine is running with a 50% efficiency right now. making the whole combo for on set 75-85 energy each time. 

Something I would like to know is is it worth running armored agility on rhino?

Absolutely... Steel Fiber preferable on prime version but increasing his high armour (iron skin scales from it) and buffing his slow speed (if you dont have rush as an exilus mod) in one makes it a great mod for Rhino. i use it for Frost too - those two get the most benefits from it IMO.

Because it in no way impedes rhino's mobility. WHAT i really would have liked from the rework is an aggro draw, perhaps attached to roar. It would produce better ability synergy as well, which is what DE has been focusing on lately

Quite a few tanks could use some aggro draw. 

It would make tanks a viable source of utility on par with CC frames.

come back when rhino can clear rooms with his massive damage fourth and you can tell me how these two are balanced

Come back when you realize that you can't have a defensive skill like iron skin, reliable CC like rhino stomp AND amazing damage. You can't have your cake and eat it too. This isn't WoW, there is no crutch vengeance mechanic to help you catch up on the damage with your so called "tank".

Just nuke yourself when casting iron skin.

Done. Seriously it is better than wasting mod slots for power strength.

Heck do you even need iron skin now ?

Since now you can spam his 4 practically forever and don't give a crap.

A 58.8m RADIUS aoe stuns for everyone.

If that is not safe enough for you, I don't even know what is safe :/

Edited by fatpig84

I'm thinking the only person wrong here is you, because I can routinely get my Iron Skin well above 5k (and often in the 8-10k range). It's not particularly difficult, just have to time your cast so you soak up a ton of damage during the invuln period.

And I have less power strength than you too.

Frost prime has 750 armor if I remember correctly so giving rhino prime at least 550-600 wouldn't hurt.

Frost Prime most definitely does not have 750 armor. No frame has that much, unmodded.

Come back when you realize that you can't have a defensive skill like iron skin, reliable CC like rhino stomp AND amazing damage. You can't have your cake and eat it too. This isn't WoW, there is no crutch vengeance mechanic to help you catch up on the damage with your so called "tank".

my point exactly, a frame can't have it all or there is no balance. yet you say people can't have issue with rhino (a tank) having nearly the same armor values as excal (a dps), so either you think the armor value they share isn't high which means rhino does deserve a buff, or you think its quite decent which implies you think a damage dealer should also have good a defense and cc while a tank just gets the same defense and a cc. see how that isn't balanced.

After this comment of yours, you should not even come back...

Reliable CC = Radial Blind. Oh, did you know that RB didn't just make the mobs immobile, it also adds stealth multiplier to every possible melee hit, including 40m,infinite punch-through EB waves?

Amazing Damage = Did you seriously compare EB and Rhino Stomp in terms of damage output! Just stop! Stomp has one of the lowest AoE damage output at 800 blast damage.

The only thing Rhino has that is better than Excalibur is Iron skin that provides CC immunity and Damage mitigation. Excalibur on the other hand compensates this by having a AoE kill on his 3rd power and probably one of the most powerful 4th.

And incase you didn't realise, increasing Rhino's armor not only makes sense from conceptual point, but also further buffs the unique thing that Rhino has - Defense.