Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Sure The Noobs Like The 4 Revives Per Mission But...

Troll_Logic

an unintended consequence is very low level players are playing high level missions and dying all of the time.  They are expecting that the high level players to carry them.  Since they get 4 revives per mission, it doesn't matter if they lose all four revives because they can simply restart a new high level mission with 4 more revives.

I don't mean to sound like a high MR snob, but it's getting a little frustrating having to either carry the team or being forced to leave because no one else can do any damage.  I'm not talking about the MR8 players that have their half dozen well-stocked warframes and weapons they only play.  I'm talking MR5 and lower players that think it's fine to make the rest of the team carry them so they can be power ranked.

I'm not sure what the solution is other than bringing back the 4 revives per warframe per day, but the glut of ultra-low warrfames on high level missions needs to stop.

You get a good point there, but sometimes you need to think what would you do in the place of the newbies?

I remember the other day I had to carry the bow only Sortie with my (SPOILER) Vazarin Equinox, having to deal 80% of the damage. Thankfully, the newbies there with the MK PARIS followed my orders and no one died or even bleed out once. Sometimes if you are respectful with them, they will be towards you.

And sometimes you find a total assshoe that yolos 4 Napalms with a Boltor Prime and dies yelling at his teams for not helping. Happened to me in one of the Rad Sorties. I faithfully waited for a Rad proc and I one shot him with my Tonkor. 3 times.

tbh the complaint does sound somewhat snobby, since you even put MRs in specific numbers. "Your MR must be this high not to be a scrub"

I'm okay with playing with lower MR players as long as they play the frame they have the good stuff for etc.

I have also done missions with low ranked frames that carried their weight. I think I had to rez one of them once. 

It's more noticeable when lowbies do this, but there are a lot of high MR people that are about as big a problem in this regard. Making the game less accessible seems like a poor solution.

There have always been players like that, it really doesn't have to do with the revive system.

Well, yes and no.  There are players like that but they can't spam the missions to make other power-level them.  I was on Triton and it was an MR5, an MR4, an MR1, and me.  That is ridiculous.

There are moments when a master, forgets that he or she where once a pupil, a child, walking within the forest of

experience, teaching them the way of the tenno.

We all where there, newbies, we all where there, drooling like babies with our MK1-Bratons and Skanas.

What i am saying here is that, you too, have been just the same, a pupil among masters.

Also with ontopic, it doesnt mather with the revive system, there has always been new players who seek thrill alongside their

older cousins, to get a taste. If you have such tenno within your squad, help them, teach them, assist them.

If you dont seek to have such ''unworthy tenno'' in your squad, use the invite only option and use the reqruitment channel.

As that way, you can get a set of high ranked players in your squad.

Edited by Cebius

Well, yes and no.  There are players like that but they can't spam the missions to make other power-level them.  I was on Triton and it was an MR5, an MR4, an MR1, and me.  That is ridiculous.

Mr really doesn't mean anything, I had an MR 4 in a T2 survival with an unranked loki, they pulled their weight, getting a respectable amount of kills and staying alive remarkably well despite having probably at most a couple mods on.

tbh the complaint does sound somewhat snobby, since you even put MRs in specific numbers. "Your MR must be this high not to be a scrub"

I'm okay with playing with lower MR players as long as they play the frame they have the good stuff for etc.

I have also done missions with low ranked frames that carried their weight. I think I had to rez one of them once. 

It's more noticeable when lowbies do this, but there are a lot of high MR people that are about as big a problem in this regard. Making the game less accessible seems like a poor solution.

I undstand it could sound snobby, but that's not my intention.  I even included my point about certain players that don't care about MR and they rank up their few warframes and weapons up to high levels.  My point isn't about them.

It's not necessarily about their rank, it's their equipment and the really low MR players just don't have it.  They don't have the "big three" rifle mods maxed.  They don't have a secondary that can substitute for a primary.  They don't have a melee weapon that can one shot the bigger enemies if they're in a pinch.

Sure, there is the occasional SINGLE player than knows what he's doing with a MR5 or MR6 that pops up, but for every one of those, there are tens of thousands of MR6, MR5, and lower players that have no idea what to do.  A clan mate taxies them there so they now can go there any time they want.  Add in they don't care that the rest of the team has to carry them.  They just want to be power-leveled.

I don't know what the solution is.  Could be a MR limit?  Could be a conclave limit?  But I think something needs to be done.

There are moments when a master, forgets that he or she where once a pupil, a child, walking within the forest of

experience, teaching them the way of the tenno.

We all where there, newbies, we all where there, drooling like babies with our MK1-Bratons and Skanas.

What i am saying here is that, you too, have been just the same, a pupil among masters.

You're missing the point and I believe it's because you're not reading my post carefully.  I completely understand what you're point is and you're 100% right.

HOWEVER....

That isn't my point.  Sure, I had help when I started.  But I never went to Triton as an MR1.  I never went to Sechura as an MR2.  I never went to Xini with a skana with 2 mods on it.  There is a huge difference needing help as all players do and forcing the rest of the team to power-level you.  

So yes, we all needed help starting, that's not my point.

I've run into these less experienced players somewhat more frequently lately. Most, however, are willing to chat and get pointers/help if you're willing to approach them respectfully. We've all been new at one point, even if we started at this game's very first public launch, we were still learning some of this ourselves. 

I've rarely run into people with low MRs who haven't been willing to talk about what their next step should be and where/what they should consider doing content. I'm happy to oblige and help them, especially if they are after a specific frame they'd love to get. Then I'd help them unlock the node, and do a few runs with them to help them earn it. (honestly, it is usually people wanting a specific frame that causes less "modded" players venture deeper into high level territories.)

I think the most truly frustrating thing I have run into is people using poor frame/play style choices in Sorties that are almost an antithesis to them. I ran into a Loki a few days back that thought Invisibility will help them deal with level 100 enemies by using melee weapons, only to die due to crossfire when they don't use health/shield mods. And then rarely using their Decoy, and then putting it into direct line of sight to instantly get demolished. That's one example, and I'm sure some of you have run into the same. 

People can be foolish regardless of their MR, having gear just makes them harder to spot. In the end, it is better to help educate these players than to scold them for their ignorance.

Help them understand and they may turn out to be very grateful, especially with how quiet people can be in this game.

Edit: As for the new players going to the popular leveling locations. I'd say they are a symptom of looking up "quick leveling" guides in an attempt to get powerful quickly. If anything, it may be worth explaining to them that they should try other missions tailored to their level. I really feel like Jupiter and Earth's Dark Sector defenses should be more popular, they are great for beginners that want to boost a bit.

Edited by Sixnalia

I think this has nothing to do with the revives.

They don't go on high level missions on purpose. They just don't know WHAT IS their level. When i started the game (U7), i didn't know what i was doing. I just joined random missions on the star chart and sometimes a super high level alert would pop and i would queue up without knowing what i was going to be thrown in.

There are just A LOT of new players because of the wave of advertisement that preceeded U18, so more of them joining random missions.

Most of them probably don't know what revives are before they die on some overleveled content.

Mr really doesn't mean anything, I had an MR 4 in a T2 survival with an unranked loki, they pulled their weight, getting a respectable amount of kills and staying alive remarkably well despite having probably at most a couple mods on.

Sure, it occasionally happens.  Let's look at your example.  First, it was a T2.  Not especially high level mission.  Second, it was survival.  That's not a mission where someone has to stand and do their share.  They can simply dodge, hide, pick their battles, when to show, and survive.

Second, it's a rare enough event that you remember it and use it for an example.

Again, my point is the high level missions where every player has to carry their weight.

Sure, it occasionally happens.  Let's look at your example.  First, it was a T2.  Not especially high level mission.  Second, it was survival.  That's not a mission where someone has to stand and do their share.  They can simply dodge, hide, pick their battles, when to show, and survive.

Second, it's a rare enough event that you remember it and use it for an example.

Again, my point is the high level missions where every player has to carry their weight.

60 minutes isn't really low level but then again I forgot to mention that sorry. Plus I kept an eye on them in battle. Like I said, they did their share.

Not really the fact that it is rare, more the fact it was recent.

You're missing the point and I believe it's because you're not reading my post carefully.  I completely understand what you're point is and you're 100% right.

HOWEVER....

That isn't my point.  Sure, I had help when I started.  But I never went to Triton as an MR1.  I never went to Sechura as an MR2.  I never went to Xini with a skana with 2 mods on it.  There is a huge difference needing help as all players do and forcing the rest of the team to power-level you.  

So yes, we all needed help starting, that's not my point.

Beign sleep deprived (is that how you spell it?) certainly made me read it not totaly correctly so excuse my lack of attention (having aphasia certainly isnt helping either).

After carefully re-reading your message, i came to the conclution that i am a dumbass afterall. I have ot make sure not to repeat such mistake again, so i apologize for any form of misunderstandign in my part.

Edited by Cebius